True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  08:42:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi All,

Sounds like everyone is busy gardening, farming and crafting.

I do have some tomato plants and cucumbers. Just a few in the back yard but, they are starting to grow and looking great.

Working on a couple of the swaps and those are coming along. One is a Fairie in a Jar and I picked my Fairie out today and she is so cute. I cant wait to work on her some more.

I do cross stitch so I have a piece that I have been working on it is for Halloween and is so cute. I just need to work more on it and get it finished.

We are scheduled for some rain and severe storms tonight and tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Thank you,
Delicia
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  1:57:54 PM  Show Profile
Hop on over to http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=57018&whichpage=3 and congratulate the June FGOTM!

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6391 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6391 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  4:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Nancy on June Farmgirl of the Month, what fun.
Patty I hope you enjoyed being May's FArmgirl, both of you farmgirls are so deserving
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on May 31 2012 4:15:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  4:26:33 PM  Show Profile
Hurrah, Nancy! You are SO deserving. And, by the way, Leon is a lucky dude to have the June FGOTM in the kitchen! Everything Patty wrote says how we all feel about you. Big hugs and kisses ... and I'll see you soon!

Patty - wonderful choice for June FGOTM and everything you wrote is so true!

I really, really want to catch up ... but it's a losing proposition. I am just going to have to pick up from here.

I went to a late lunch today with my chiropractor. She's interesting. While lunching I almost forgot that I had to move my car because the roads were closing at 2:30 for the Farmer's Market. I went racing back to my car at about 2:40 (it was 2 blocks away) and there was an officer taking a picture of my license plate and a tow truck backing up toward MY car! I was waving my arms (wildly). As I arrived, breathless, the officer asked which car was mine. (There was another car parked behind me.) I was so out of breath that all I could do was point. He just said "okay" and turned and was walking away when I sort of recovered - and asked him if I was good to go without a ticket. He just said - "you're fine - go!" And, boy did I ever hightail it out of there! I got out of the "penalty box" and found another parking spot right away - got back to the restaurant where we were having lunch outside ... and as I turned and looked up the street I could see the tow truck backing up to the car that had been behind me. I felt bad for that person and, at the same time, relieved that I was "safe."

Prayers for those who need them ... and prayers for those who don't need them. Sunshine and flowers and veggies and chickies all around! Cheers!

Now I'm home and I need a nap.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  4:32:48 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a beautiful day here in the north country. Temperatures were in the sixties with a stiff breeze a good share of the day. The intermittent clouds were huge and dark.

Ross and I spent a good share of the afternoon outside. He ran through the puddles in the road through the field while I took pictures. He eventually stripped down and sat in the warm puddles. yes, they were warm before he sat in them.

When we play the afternoon away I do not do projects. He likes to dig in the sand and catch frogs much better than building chicken houses.

I bought more seeds today to replace the ones I can not find. I hope to finish planting the first round of the garden soon. I say the first round but in reality I am not organized enough to do a second round or a third. We did plant the pole green beans at the base of the jerusalem artichokes and sunflowers that are up hoping the beans will climb them. I have put up bean towers in the past and have had the wind blow them over when the beans were very tall. I guess the beans created a sail. So now, I am trying to figure out a different way to grow them.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6391 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6391 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  4:44:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Holly I am just so envious listening to you talk about planting your garden. I plant a small container garden on my deck, herbs, tomatoes and pretty flowers but do miss having a big garden. Just can't here due to the wildlife and we just do not want to fence in our property, it would really take away from what little we have. But, I am so fortunate that my girlfriend grows all the vegies I need for salad so she is always sharing with me what she has.
Our Farmers Market starts the 8th of June so I will look forward to going every week to pick up fresh veggies.
It was a beautiful day here in the mountains of Colorado as well, hopefully summer is here and we will not get any more snow.
I am so sorry ladies that I am so lax in keeping up here, I promise to get better as there are so many of you I do not know well. Holly and I are pen pals so we keep up that way.
Happy Birthday to any and all June Birthday FArmgirls.
Have a beautiful evening everyone. I am off to pick up a new pager as I am on duty tonight as a volunteer dispatcher for our little local fire department. I sure do enjoy it.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  7:10:27 PM  Show Profile
Wow, it is cold out there this evening! Downright cold, not just chilly. I have begun my official countdown... 3 more days and I will be in California! 4 days and I will be visiting with Darlys! WOOHOO! Will be back home in about a week, after the cross country drive with my daughter, granddaughters and grandpuppy. Will probably not be on here much, but for those that follow me on FB, I will post plenty of pics.
We had 4 duck eggs "blow up" in the incubator today. They are almost 2 weeks into development with 2 weeks to go. If you have never experienced this, let me tell you...it is awful. The smell is horrible. Can you imagine something dead, lying in the sun right in your dining room? OMGosh! Every time hubby walks through, he sprays air freshener and ask "Did you fart?"...he thinks he is being funny.
Dr. gave me more antibiotic yesterday for this doggone cold. I hope I kick it soon!
So has anyone read the "50 Shades of grey" books? I have been hearing the DJ talk about it on the radio. Not sure how a fiction can improve a marriage...not that my marriage is in need of repair...lol. But curiosity sure has me wanting to read the book. My daughter said she didn't care for the book.
Well, off to bed I go. Only 2 days to get things in order around here. :) Have a good night.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  7:45:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello friends, I am too pooped to post tonight but jumped on for a minute to see what was going on and I see Patty has made a wonderful choice for the June FGOTM. Congrats, Nancy, love you, gf.

Well, you know they say be careful what you wish for--I was wishing for rain-the storms showed up last night and we got baseball sized hail out of it. I expected to get calls from my tenants about leaking roofs, but no calls. I have one leak out here at the house, I think the hail knocked off one of the roof vents. And the garage leaked really badly but I think I know where that is coming from. It is a very bad idea to build a flat deck over a garage.

Holly, I wish I had been smart enough as a young mother to play more with my kids and work less. Ross is a lucky little guy.
Thanks Patty you gave me a laugh for today, exploding eggs. nothing as bad as a rotten egg. well, maybe a smart a-- hubby. good idea to leave town and let him deal with the smell. Tell him you expect it to be gone by the time you get back. too funny..........

Darlys, glad you dodged the bullet and didn't get towed. I'm wondering how much flirting you had to do to get off the hook....c'mon, fess up.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on May 31 2012 7:50:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  10:07:58 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, Sounds like you have a good idea with the yard sale. Hope it goes well. It is a good time of year for it! My husband saw Advengers and said it was his favorite movie so far this year.

Betty, I was jealous of the warmth you were getting south of us today! Sounds like your garden is in pretty good shape. I am the proud owner of two new raised beds. They are planted with tomato and squash so far.

Patty, I hope you enjoyed your month as FGOTM. You sure made a great choice with Nancy! Your chickies are always so adorable. It must be special to always have such little ones around.

Darlys, Your heart must have been racing when you saw the officer and the tow truck!! Talk about a way to ruin your day. Plus, It is so expensive to have to pay for the tow and all the fees. Not to mention the amount of time to go bail out your car.

Holly, I had to read about the warm puddles twice before I got your meaning! Ross sounds very in touch with nature. You will never regret not building a chicken coop because you spent the day exploring with Ross. And I know you know it. You are a very wise woman and the way you handle the children is a testament to that fact.

Thank you all for your support through this week of change for me. My daughter pulled out at 5:30 this morning. Only a half hour after her intended departure time. She called tonight and sounds really happy. Her young man will arrive at their new place tomorrow some time. He is moving a further distance. Kathy, the MJF magazine was a very welcome distraction. I haven't completely finished it. It is the first one that I have had of my very own. Such a simple pleasure. I may have to take the plunge with a subscription. But, then again, I can borrow it at the library, too...it's just waiting that extra month while everyone is chatting about this and that in this month's magazine!

I headed out at 7am to get the garden planted. I got my tomatoes, cukes, zukes, patty pans, crook necks, pumpkins, acorn squash and turban squash all planted. At least, round one is planted. I have another flat of starters in case some of them don't make it. We are supposed to have three days of rain, so it should be good for the new plants.

Dh gets home tomorrow! And this weekend is an art festival in a park in Spokane. It is a fun time to walk around and see everything. It was very crowded last year ...

Thanks for always being here, girls!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  01:53:46 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, I missed wishing you a happy birthday! Hope your day was truly special.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  04:48:57 AM  Show Profile
I am so thrilled to be FGOTM. I thank you all for being such good, caring friends. Patty I love you sister and thank you so much for naming me FGOTM.

Holly I am hoping that you will post some pictures of Ross playing in the puddles. What a joy it is to see a boy jumping and playing in puddles.

Darlys, I can just picture you running up to your car, huffing and puffing while you were pointing. Thank goodness he let you off with just a "GO." It must have been your red hair and cute face that got you off. haha. I am so looking forward to next week. I hope you have a fun time with Patty. Just think, meeting two sisters in one week. Lucky us.

Marianne glad everything went well for your daughter and her move. Isn't the MJF magazine delightful? I love all the little pictures that are around the articles. And there are so many great ideas in the magazine, too.

Debbie, we have a great farmer's market here that is on Saturday morning. It is a really good one with many vendors from Florida and some come down from Georgia. That is where we get most of our veggies that we aren't growing in the garden.

I have misplaced a video of my DH when he was in the service at the age of 19. It has his family in it and I just don't know what happened to it. I made 2 copies onto DVD's and now I can't find the original video. I am concerned that I might have given it away with some other videos that I gave to the Goodwill. They would probably throw it away. I will be sad if I can't find it.

Snuggles just came into the room and wants me to let her out. I am going to make some pancakes for breakfast to celebrate myself becoming the FGOTM.

Hugs and squeezies to you all. I continue to pray for those in need.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  5:09:13 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I can imagine what the exploding egg smelled like. We have chickens hide eggs and then in the heat of the summer one can hear pop, pop,pop. this nasty smell wafts out from a hidden place for days. sometimes we find them when they are ripe and we through them across the driveway to hit the trees so they will explode. I think you should look for a whoopie cushion when you are in California as a gift for Dalous. lol

We have a deck over our garage. The roof of the garage is just slanted not pitched. We have some sort of rubber matting under the deck. When we had it re done this past summer the contractor who did it made sure that he put no holes in it. So, far it has not leaked.

I have lived here since 1984. I look at what has not been done around here and think I have lived here a long time why are there not more things done? Now with Ross I am remembering with each group of children when they were young I did not do projects that required alone time or a project that could not have help. So, this summer there will not be as many projects completed as last summer. I do enjoy hanging with Ross.

Today, Ross and I went for a walk through the woods. It had been our intention to walk to our friend Colleen's house through the woods. If anyone remembers I did this in the spring. It took me an hour to get there and then I got turned around on the way back and ended up back at their house. Ross had a good attitude when we started. I thought the walk might be too long for him but we were going to try anyway. There is a swamp that we were to follow to the base of the mountain and then skirt the bottom of the mountain and then head down hill. We followed the swamp and it turned into a pond with a lot of trees in it. The pond had a clear end with 4 mallard ducks swimming in it. The water stretched on and on. Periodically there were beaver dams. We walked for 10 minutes upstream and could not find a place to cross. We turned around and headed back. I decided that we could not make it to Colleen's house and headed home. then Ross started to whine. The only bad thing about the walk was that my camera ran out of battery.
We will try again on the west side of the swamp and should be successful. I want Ross to be comfortable in the woods.

the temperatures were in the low 60's today. chilly and overcast but a nice day to be alive.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  5:27:32 PM  Show Profile
For Nancy

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  5:53:57 PM  Show Profile
We are off to Oakhurst in about an hour - so I'm just jumping on to wish everyone a good weekend. I get to clean, clean, clean (pollen dust, etc) as the next trip up will be with company for the solid part of a week.

Oh my gosh - is Ross a cutie or what!!!!!!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  04:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Just stopped in to say Congratulations Nancy!! You're a great choice as FGOTM. Enjoy it all month long sister.

I have tons of pictures on my iPhone,but I can't seem to get my computer to upload them off the phone so I can't show you my wonderful husband working so hard to build my great new chicken palace. I probably have room for 8 hens, but I'm only getting 2 !! They aren't even here yet and they're already spoiled rotten.

At the cabin this weekend - just hubby and me. Jenny stayed home with doggies & fish. We're trying to put the new tub in the bathroom. New tub doesn't quite fit with the 1950s plumbing. We have a job on our hand.

Daryls - Jenny says thank you for the card and book. She got it yesterday after we were already at the cabin so I didn't see what you sent. She is really excited to get mail. She answers every letter.

Gotta go. Hardware store calling us.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  05:24:44 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I think you are looking in the wrong direction when you search for projects completed. Look towards the wonderful people you have helped. You have shown them love and given them a foundation on which they can depend. That is an undertaking that many of us hold higher than an orderly farm or well-appointed outbuildings. You are doing fine, in fact, you are doing great.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  07:41:19 AM  Show Profile
Amen,Marianne

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  08:11:05 AM  Show Profile
Just jumping on for a few minutes to let everyone know that I am still "alive and kickin". Mayo is a wonderful medical facility. We went up on Monday evening and stayed until yesterday. I will be going back this coming week on Wednesday for two consulations and more testing. right now the only thing to report is that my bones are deteriating more quickly then was expected and my PSC (liver disease) is also deteriating. The good news is that now there is a PSC medacine that will help me function - won't stop the disease, but will make me more comfortable. You know - when I start feeling sorry for myself I simply look around and thank God that I am in better shape than others sitting in the waiting areas. Attitude plays an important role in how I live my life. I am what is called a 'hard stick' patient when it comes to drawing blood or inserting an IV. The medical personal can't believe how well I handle all the extra pokes until a vein is found. They all have horror stories of patients blaming them for the discomfort. I will post more on my health as soon as I know more. Thank you for all the prayers and for thinking about me. I feel so close to you gals. Thank you.

Marianne, I hope you are surviving without your daughter. Believe me when I say the feeling will soon pass and you will enjoy her adventures through calls, posts, and visits. I must tell you my story. When my oldest went to college he was only 20 miles from home. but we made him live in the dorms because we wanted him to have the entire campus experience. Well he went to college a few weeks early because he had a football scholarship and had lots of practice sessions. A few days after he left I found his pillow so I decided to take it to him. When I got to the dorm it was deserted (or so I thought) as everyone was on the football field. I went upstairs and was going to place the pillow by his door. Well I was halfway down the hall when this young stud who was completely naked came out of the shower room -said "hi little mama" and continuted to swagger down the hall. I ran out of that place as fast as I could run. That was when I decided to face my children leaving home with open arms. giggle

Nancy, I am so happy that you were safe from the storm. I was hoping you would be. I am also a redhead. Believe it or not, I have never had to dye my hair. Now at age 65 the gray is starting to show. I want to keep my natural shade, but am afriad to dye it because I don't want to look like a "floozie". I also do not want to look dull and lifeless as my hair is graying - not the beautiful white my hubby has. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is strawberry season. I have trouble bending over to pick berries for any length of time. I still get fresh berries from two local growers, but the cost is high as I need to have them picked for me. We always buy 6 plants and put them in hanging planters out by the deck. Then we see if we can get the ripe ones befor the birds do. Silly game, but fun! giggle

Holly, you are so lucky to have Ross as you "project". Is he "yours for keeps" or "yours for now"?

Nancy, I am thrilled that you are the June FGOTM. Enjoy your throne and your 30 day reign.

I need to go and rest for awhile. I want to go on a mansion tour this afternoon (about 20 minute drive) so need to rest for a while. I would skip it, but they only have tours 4 times each year. and I am using the Mansion as part of my civic heratige badge project.

Taa taa my "chickie poos". Will post again soon.

Edited by - Thelma on Jun 02 2012 08:22:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  1:11:31 PM  Show Profile
Holly thanks for the photo of Ross sitting in the puddle. How adorable he is and what a great smile. The photo reminds me of how much my little boy, Michael, loved the puddles. He would jump and frolic while laughing and laughing.
You are so smart to spend lots and lots of time with the kids. They are grown up for such a long time and the time spent when they are young is so short.

Thank you to all for the congrats. I am still overwelmed by being chosen. It is really an honor. Patty sent me this huge package which I received today. It was full of goodies including a jar of her saurkraut. We are having some with our dinner tonight.

Thelma, that story about your son is hilarious. I laughed so hard. Thanks for sharing it. I am praying for you and want you to know that you are in my thoughts a lot. You are indeed a wonderful person and have a great attitude. When I was sick with my hepatitis c I was determined not to let it run my life. I thank God that I am well now and all that is in the past.

I may not be posting for the coming week as I will be in CA visiting with my daughter and her family. I am going to miss you all as I enjoy being here a lot.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  5:22:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Marianne-Thank you for the wonderful words of support. I understand what you mean about growing the children and giving them roots. It is far more than an abstract concept but sometimes seeing the results take soooo long. Sometimes I do need reminding. I laugh al little when you say an orderly farm. I hope it is never orderly. That is so boring to me. I want amusement and ingenuity. How are they for fancy words.

Thelma I am so glad you are still alive and kicking with the best of us. I would offer you a piece of my liver for a transplant but alas it is not good enough to donate. I do have good blood! I am glad that medical experimentation has come up with a delaying tactic. May you live a long, long time. The story of your son's dorm was wonderful. When I went to college we had co ed dorms. The bathrooms were supposed to be single sexed and the other sex was supposed to go to the other side of the building on the floor to use the bathroom. On days when the parents would be around someone hung a men's sign on the in door and a women's sign on the out door.

Ross is ours for keeps. Shortly after he emerged from the puddle the shirt came off. He hates having on wet clothes of any kind. We practiced splashing each other in the puddles. I am only quicker than him because my legs are longer. lol I am lucky to be able to work at home so I can be with the children.

Today was rainy all day long. We went to three yard sales. One was an estate sale. We found two used couches. They are in much better shape than the ones we are replacing. the children are thrilled one of the couches has a recliner on each end. One is all royal blue and the other is big flowers. they look nice in the living room.

Tomorrow I take Talie to a day long baseball camp at a college in southern Vermont. He is happy and excited to go. It is a two hour drive so we will be on the road early.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  6:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, So glad that your visit to Mayo had some good news (medicine that will make you more comfortable). You do have an excellent outlook. I just hate being around people who "poor me" me to death. We call it "having a case of the poor me's" at our house. And thankfully, now of us come down with it too often! But, I don't take it for granted when someone bravely faces their situation, as you are doing. I do wish you the best. Now, on to what you will do with your red hair. Would you try a semi-permanent color? Less floozie potential! I loved your pillow delivery story, little mama! That was pretty "cheeky" of that young man! I am doing very well with my daughter's departure from the area. I love hearing the excitement in her voice. She spent her first night at the apt. last night. Her boyfriend arrived just before midnight and had trouble remembering which apt. was theirs! So she had to go out to rescue him. This morning there was a note on her car from another resident asking to take her out for a drink. Her boyfriend isn't the jealous type, but it is nice to have him reminded that she is a cutey!

Nancy, what fun getting some homemade saurerkraut! Lucky you. I hope you have a wonderful trip to the west coast. We'll miss hearing from you!

Holly, I share your view on "orderly." I remember telling the kids (usually around report card time before we started homeschooling) "Perfect is boring." Your "new" sofas sound nice. Recliners would have been a big hit with my kids, too!

You gals are the best!!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  9:14:05 PM  Show Profile
I am busy tonight doing some last minute packing. And baking hubby zucchini bread before I leave. :)

Thelma- I am so glad you checked in! We have been worried about you and praying steadfast. Will continue to pray.

Holly- The picture of Ross is so adorable! And I agree with Marianne. I wished I would have said all that! You are a wonderful person.

Nancy- I am glad the sauerkraut arrived safely. I tried to pack it well. Enjoy it!

Darlys- Less than 2 days!

Glenda- Still sending prayers your way. Praying your brother is doing well and keeps improving.

Marianne- I am so glad you are adjusting to your daughter's departure. Having kids transplanted around the world gives you an excuse to travel. I love it!

Well, off to bed. I will get less than 4 hours sleep. :( Love you all!

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  04:38:13 AM  Show Profile
Wow, gotta love Southwest Wi-Fi! I am somewhere between St Louis and Las Vegas. I hate non- stops as I like the break to get up and walk a bit. So from Las Vegas to San Jose. Not enough coffee this morning. I have a terrible headache, and no doubt some due to lack of sleep. The young couple beside me really "need to get them a room". Seriously, does it not cross their minds how uncomfortable they make others feel.
The male flight attendant on this flight is so funny. He has had everyone laughing. As soon as the flight took off and we were climbing he tossed peanuts down the aisle and told us we were now having complimentary snack and to enjoy them. Then he warned "drinks will be served now, heads up". He told us to turn electronic devices off, "not airplane mode, not game mode, not ala mode and if devices were not turned off they would in up in the commode" He is pretty cute with an accent too! :)
Well, I am going to try to catch a nap! Later chickies!

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  05:38:55 AM  Show Profile
Hey, hey...good morning, Farmgirls!!! It is a beautiful day here...nice temps, no wind, and my last day of work this week! Well, I have been reading and reading keeping up with everything, plus searching other forums....and gosh dang it....I forget to write! I'm a reader!

Patty, I hope your nap is going a well...and the couple next to you cool off! Hehehe....sounds like an eventful flight! I hope that is the only event fullness you have!

Holly, what fun you have with your children...you are so blessed to be able to act like a child when you are finally of the age where you can enjoy it! My dear husband and I act silly a lot and then we just laugh at ourselves...

Thelma, I was so relived to read that your trip to Mayo brought you some relief....I will keep you in my thoughts and in my heart...

Nancy, congratulations on being picked for FGOTM!!! I think you are great and very deserving.....Mmmmmm, saurkraut...gotta love it!

Can I ask?....what happened to our virtual trip? My 64 Chevy looks so forlorn sitting out in the garage....

Gotta run ladies....gotta go to work!

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  07:21:05 AM  Show Profile
Instead of planning a virtual trip, we should start planning a real trip so we could all meet for real. I have a big house and Iowa isn't that boring - what do you say - in 2 years so we can start saving our pennies?

I had a good day yesterday. I was able to stick a few plants in pots and do a little weeding. when I bend over I get dizzy so have to be careful. I went to the Mansion openhouse only to discover that the openhouse was today instead of yesterday. May or may not go today. Our nephew came out last evening to see if we needed anything. He took my hose reel home with him. He wants to fix it, but I think I will have to buy a new one. He is such a nice guy and his son is helpful too. The world needs more people like them.

I am skipping church this morning. Just can't face all the "two faced do gooders" who want to know my business, but really could care less about me personally. I know I shouldn't be that way. When we don't go to church we listen to services on the radio from another local church. some of Dar's family attends that church so we feel comfortable with the radio. That pastor knows us personally and always has a kind word for us. I taught with his wife for many years and enjoyed watching their kids grow into adulthood.

Patty - sounds like you had an interesting flight. Next time you are seated next to "hot and heavy" take out your cell phone and start shooting pics. Make sure they know that you will be posting on UTUBE. Oh, Maybe not. sounds like they would probably enjoy the attention. giggle

Holly - sounds like you have some nice furniture. I bought a sofa and 2 chairs for the basement a year ago for a 5 dollar bill. They got alot of use with the grands and the carpenters got them pretty dirty. When we get a TV down there and the fireplace, I'll start going to auctions and see if I can find some better stuff. Because it is a basement, I don't want anything high maintance down there.

Holly again - Thank you for offering me part of your liver. that is what makes you so wonderful Holly. Lots of people would give me the "shirt of their back" as the saying goes. But to give up part of yourself like that! Wow Holly. You are the best friend anyone could have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I am even a caniditate for any kind of transplant right now. Which is ok as I am going to beat this thing.

Taa taa chickie poos. Have a blessed Sunday.

Edited by - Thelma on Jun 03 2012 07:28:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page