buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  1:38:11 PM  Show Profile
Nancy! I turn away from the computer for a day or so...and look what happens!??!!! I am so happy for you. Through our little conversations in this forum, you have been so friendly, complimentary, and warm. I can only imagine what others think who are around you every day. I know you will wear your special FGOTM apron with pride. You deserve it!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  4:44:31 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Where I was this morning and early afternoon was hot and sunny. I took Talie to a hitting and pitching clinic in Castleton which is 2 1/2 hours south of here. It began at 9:30. I was up extra early to milk. Lucky for me the cow did not mind the early hour. We drove north and stopped at the ice cream stand near Bethel. Just after we stepped out of the car the skies opened up and poured. No sprinkles, buckets fell from the sky. We stood on the little porch under the little overhang and the wind blew the rain so my entire backside was soaked in a matter of minutes. I am sure glad the car has a heater. I had wanted to take pictures of the river behind the stand because the evidence of the devastation from Irene last August was still very evident. But, I weenied out in the storm. Talie had a great time at the clinic and learned a few tips on being a better pitcher and hitter. The coaches each asked him how old he is and were wowed when he said 14. He is maybe 5' 10" now with size 14 feet. One coach said keep practicing and you will get a free ride to college. I thought YES!

By now Patty should be in California and Nancy packing? Jan maybe home from camping so we could here a few stories from her.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  6:00:59 PM  Show Profile

Late afternoon view from the deck. Mother Nature's pallette is so amazing. From the blues of the bluebonnets in early spring to the reds of the Indian Blankets and now the yellows -

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Jun 03 2012 6:05:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  6:04:42 PM  Show Profile

Another picture from my Iphone. This one down in the trees below my house.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jun 03 2012 6:07:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  7:31:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow!!! There is no way I can catch up with all that you gals did in the last week. Got back from camping late this afternoon, not done unpacking, but can work on the rest during the week. We went to camp on Monday, were there for just a few minutes when it started to rain. Tuesday, rain. Wednesday the sun was out for about 20 minutes, then cloudy all the rest of the day. Thursday, rain. Friday it started to rain around 2 in the afternoon and it did not stop until Saturday night at 10. Today it was beautiful and sunny. Was cold and windy, in the 30s at night and 40s and low 50s during the day. Good thing I took the dvd player so we could watch movies. We had electricity, which was very nice because we needed heat on every day. Oh well, we will be going again for a week in July, which, hopefully will be warm and sunny?
Congratulations Nancy!!!! You really do deserve being FGOTM. Enjoy your trip out west, you too Patty.
I will try to catch up more tomorrow, just wanted to let you know we were back home. More tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  8:29:45 PM  Show Profile
Glenda - you certainly live in a beautiful place. thanks for sharing your view.

are you feeling well these days? You so much going on for awhile. I hope you are feeling a lot better.

This old hen is heading for the roost. tomorrow will be another busy day. I have to travel to a bigger town about an hour away to find a pharmacy that carries the new medication I am supposed to be taking. taa taa chickie poos - sleep tight
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  06:45:31 AM  Show Profile
Good mOrning gals! Excuse any typing errors please. I am attempting this post from my iPhone and between tiny keyboard keys and autocorrect I can't be responsible for what comes out....lol. It is wonderful to see my girls here in California. We have been working on our route for the road trip home. We have decided to take off and head east today after my visit with Darlys. Oh what fun it will be to visit with Darlys! The girls are excited to get to Illinois and visit family. I love road trips! I am anxious to visit the many places en route. Yesterday my daughter and I did some shopping. We went to the IKEA store. I wished we had one close to home. I only bought a small broom and dust pan to use in the chicken coops. We will be limited on space heading home in the van with 3 children and a dog...lol. Well. Posting from this phone is too much work! Will check in later.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Jun 04 2012 06:47:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  06:59:18 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

Darly I love the different hues and tones of colors in the landscapes. I try to take pictures here to show everyone the subtleties of th greens of spring but the digital does not do them justice. The yellows and greens of your landscapes are eye catching.

It is raining and I had some email to catch up on. I also wanted to post some pictures that I was not able to do last night. I picked up a MJF idea book, cookbook, lifebook at a yardsale for .75 cents.

Have a good day.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  07:05:16 AM  Show Profile
Talie hitting at the baseball clinic.

Talie pitching at the baseball clinic.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  07:07:41 AM  Show Profile
from our walk to the beaver pond. Ross and I thought this looked like a lake monster.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  09:02:56 AM  Show Profile
Holly, cool pictures of Ross. I think kids and mud puddles are just made for each other. So awesome about Talie and the baseball coach. He doesn't look like a 14 year old hitting that ball. Hopefully he can keep it up along with grades. You must be so proud of him.

Nancy, congrats on FMOTM! You deserve it. Have fun this month!

Thelma, so sorry you have to deal with so much illness. I hope you can feel better with the new medicine. You are such a trouper.

Patty, sounds like your flight was fun.. except for the seatmates. Southwest has a reputation for having humorous attendants. I love the Ikea store! Did you get lost? My friend and I got so turned around we had to make a point of following the arrows on the floor to find our way out. The store in Portland, OR has two little houses all made up in it. It was fun to see how to put a tiny house together. They were both places I could have lived and been perfectly happy.

Glenda, your property looks so green and nice. I bet summer looks a bit different. But wonderful views right now.

Not much else going on in my world. Only two more weeks of school. Next week is finals. I'm trying for a full year scholarship for next year so hopefully I'll do well on my finals. I'm so glad to have a break.

Well, off to get ready for class... later all.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  12:11:14 PM  Show Profile
Holly, what wonderful pictures you send our way. Talie looks like a pro player there. And Ross, gotta love him!!!! How cute.
Thelma, Hope you find some relief soon and will be able to feel somewhat better. You are a tough lady to deal with all of that. I always said " never underestimate the power of prayer". Kept me going when I was in a wheelchair and determined to get out of it, which I did. Being positive is the best medicine you could have. I do believe you live longer by being positive.
Patty, Have a great trip home. Sounds like alot of fun for you and the girls. Have a great time with Darlys. How lucky you are to meet each other.
Glenda, what beautiful land you have there. And great picture taking.
Bunny, I am sure you will do great on your finals and qualify for a full scholarship, we all know you have worked hard to get to where you are. I hope you have a wonderful break and great weather to enjoy it. How is the strawbale gardens doing?
I planted my flowers into smaller pots around today, we finally had a nice day in the 60s after a low of 39 last night again. My veggie garden is doing so well, everything is coming up great. I still need to plant my tomatoes and peppers, which I am hoping to do tomorrow. I weeded the garden, which was a chore in itself. Tomorrow is laundry from camp day, smoky stuff.
More later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  12:23:22 PM  Show Profile
We are getting some much needed rain here in Colorado, it is so dry and the danger of fires is so great. So let it rain!
Janet is right Holly, Talie does look like a pro, I love watching baseball, wish I lived closer I'd go to all the games to cheer for him and his team.
What a sweet picture of Ross in the mud puddle, what fun he was having and the big ole grin on his face tells it all!. Thanks so much for sharing such wonderful pictures of your children, I love them.
Oops better get the doggies in we are getting thunder and lightning now.
Hugs everyone,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  12:51:20 PM  Show Profile
Thelma I am doing fine, thanks so much for asking. I sure hope your meds help you to feel better, I must have missed the post that said what is wrong, but I saw Holly offering her liver--remember when she offered her blood--I think she should be voted the farm girl of the year, how do we do that?
Bunny you are so right, we have to enjoy green grass and flowers when we can. Last year we didn't have any, and later this year it will be brown again. Doesn't even look like the same place. Sort of like that right brain left brain comparison. thanks, Jan for your comment about my picture taking, I just point and click this iphone. Its all about seeing the perfect shot with the light looking right. I don't know how to manipulate them so wysiwyg with my photos.
Holly I love the pictures you posted. Yep, Ross, that looks like a lake monster for sure. Tell Talie we are all fans of his--rooting for him in spirit even if we can not be there in person.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jun 04 2012 12:55:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  4:27:34 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful visit with Darlys! I will for sure try to visit longer on the return trip! She is a wonderful person! I loved her! But we all know what w wonderful person she is.
Holly- Talie does look like a pro!
Glenda- your pics were beautiful! How nice to live in such a beautiful area.
We are heading east now! Going to try to make it to Barstow before we quit for today. Will try to load a pic of me and one of my BFF (Darlys), but not sure if I am able on my phone.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  5:54:21 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Bunny- I hope that you will win the scholarship for school next year. You are a great student. Yes, I am proud of Talie. He practices his baseball skills all the time. When he was three and the other boys went to baseball camp he would beg me to go out in the yard and pitch to him. We had a light weight plastic bat that must have been eight inches around and a big nerf ball. I pitched until he hit over and over. He was determined and still is. He has a great team attitude too. He offers to have other boys come over so he can teach them what they do not know. He is a giver.
Babe Ruth league was supposed to start tomorrow night but most of the boys are off on the eighth grade trip to Washington DC so the game is postponed. Talie is very disappointed. So,the first game for him will be on Thursday.

Jan I sure am glad you beat the wheelchair confinement and it was an episode in your life not a lifetime. I am sorry it rained for your vacation. Good for you that you stuck it out and did not just pack it in and go home. Next time will be better.

Patty travel safe...... enjoy the gds I am glad that you and Darlys were able to meet even if it was only for a short while. I am with Thelma we should plan a get together for 2014 so we have time to save and plan an extravaganza to rival our best imaginations. I would vote for someplace warm in the winter when the cow is dry. lol

Glenda wysiwyg for me mostly too. I do try to frame in the picture. What is the saving grace for me is with the digital I can take a hundred pictures and you all get to see the one I like. I think I need to read the owners manual for the camera so I know what ISO is and how to use the setting for movement so it does not look washed out.

It rained most of the day today. Now that it is getting dark it has stopped even sprinkling.

Debbie I read about the fires in Colorado and wonder how close you are. Do you have all that smoke come by you? Is your dh doing the fires in New Mexico? Does fire burn fast at 9000 feet?

We have always had a dog that was terrified of thunder until now. We no longer have a dog that crawls under the bed and lift it up to escape the noise. or one that sheds so much from shaking with fear that the floor turns color. Neither of these dogs care one way or the other.

I thought of another question for everyone. If you could gift to the children of the now children what would it be besides world peace. I would give the gift that they be able to know the out of doors and to hear the birds sing.

Sweet dreams to each of you.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  7:10:08 PM  Show Profile
Patty, so glad you had a great day with Darlys, I am sure you both enjoyed each other's company. Have a safe trip.
Holly, we will be going for 9 days in July, so I am sure it will be better weather than we had last week. There was some good out of it though, there were no bugs because of the cold, and we were the only campers for the week until Friday, so it was so quiet and peaceful.
I am a little sore tonight after doing all that planting and weeding and hoeing. A good night's sleep will take care of that. I am hoping we have another picture perfect day tomorrow. I love this weather.
Have a wonderful evening all,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  8:02:51 PM  Show Profile
what you see is what you get!

If you girls are going to use these abbreviations, you are gonna have to send me a directory! I thought your fingers had cramped up something fierce!!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  8:41:02 PM  Show Profile
Holly,

Talie really does have some form for baseball!! You can tell he puts some power behind his swing. What a dream come true a full ride to college would be. I sure hope that comes true for that young man.

Janet it sounds like you really enjoyed your week camping. I don't blame you for enjoying the quiet and the lack of bugs.

Holly thanks for making us think about our values. I would gift the children the love of reading. I think it starts with being read to and having the feeling of safety in someone's arms while drifting away to sleep. It continues with having someone who will listen to them read aloud and would end with them realizing that the love of reading opens all doors: education, travel, culture, everything.

Bunny, You are in my prayers to be awarded a full scholarship. Have you ever considered taking baseball lessons from Talie? Maybe you could be teammates. I guess the days of one of us getting a sports scholarship are gone. But, there is no reason you shouldn't receive an academic scholarship. Good luck. When will you hear?

Debbie hope the rains have relieved some of your fire worries. We were supposed to get some wicked weather, but it seemed to have gone east of us!! yea. We have had enough rain, so I didn't look forward to hail or wind and I am thrilled to have missed it.

Patty, Have a safe trip. You are so lucky to spend great time with your family! How is the dog doing? So glad that you and Darlys had a fun day. Waiting in anticipation to see your photos!

Glenda your home looks gorgeous. I have lived places that didn't seem pretty to me, although I know everywhere has beauty of some sort. But, it did make me appreciate the places I have lived that I find very pretty.

I had a great day. Turned the horses out early, then satisfied the Labrador's urge to retrieve and ended the morning gardening to the background sound of a panting dog. Every once in a while, Sammie, the yellow 6 year old lab who still adores fetching, will insist on having an extreme close up with me while I pull weeds. Luckily, she still has very fresh breath. Mollie, of Canyon lore, is having trouble chewing her rawhides and doesn't have the freshest breath any longer ... And Gracie, the chihuahua has nasty little dog breath even though I brush her teeth and treat them with Petzlife gel twice a day. Am I too involved with my dogs? Be gentle, girls, remember I am a newly empty nester.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  8:43:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh I forgot to say I'm in on a getaway in '14. I would love to meet you all.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  8:47:22 PM  Show Profile
Omgosh!!! Is that what that meant??? I'm like you, Marianne...I thought someone was using a secret language ...hey!!! I guess they were! Hehehehe

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  11:41:22 PM  Show Profile
I just can not sleep tonight! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I went to the pharmacy today to get my new medication. Boy did I hit a brick wall. It is almost $500 a month and I will need to be on it for the rest of my life. My insurance will not cover it. My pharmacist, who I have know for years, told me I was foolish to spend that kind of money on a medication that has little proof it will even work. Now I am wondering if it is FDA approved. I go back to Mayo clinic on Wednesday so will ask more questions before I lay down our life savings.

While I was in town I purchased some annual flowers to finish out my yard. I also got 3 fish for our 100 gallon pond. I wasn't going to add fish to the pond this year, but Santa loves to watch them so what the hey.

Why do women have to carry handbags? I bought another one today. Everyone I buy seems to have some reason not to work for me. Most of my everyday bags are from gently used stores or my sewing room. I am going to design a bag that meets my expectations and then quilt one in every color I can think of.!!!!!! The one I got today came from Walmart and will be shot by the end of the summer. next week I am going through all of my bags and making a trip to our local charity shop!

Holly, I am loving your question about gifting the children. I am going to ponder this for awhile before I answer. Respecting themselves and others comes to mind, but I want a deeper gift than that.

Well I'm heading back upstairs and try to get a little more sleep. I have book club in the morning and i do want to be alert for that. Taa taa chickies.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  11:49:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm crossing my fingers. Jusst had an idea on how i might get a picture posted

Edited by - Thelma on Jun 04 2012 11:53:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  04:39:33 AM  Show Profile
morning!!! I am up early, since the birds started chirping at 4 A.M. I love that sound, it puts me in a happy mood. They are the songs of beautiful nature. A great start of the day, 54 degrees right now, so as soon as I get dressed, it is time to start laundry, and maybe go thrifting. Have a great day everyone,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  05:27:56 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs!!! A beautiful day in the Ozarks, the sun is shining, temps in the 80's today, and I went to sleep last night with the wonderful sound of rain!! I was busy, busy yesterday...weeded the strawberry patch, the asparagus, blackberry patch, then watered everything in the orchard. Of course, there were several games of croquet in between ; )...trips to town...and made Queen Anne's Lace jelly in the afternoon!!! Except I am concerned, I think my pectin was too old because this morning it still has not jelled! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!! I'll wait a week or so and remake it or use it for syrup! Hey, maybe I should try from my chill-over badge and experiment with that! Or maybe we'll just have a big pancake breakfast!!! Hahaha...

Holly, I loved your pictures of your boy...my grandsons all play baseball and love it...I hope he goes far. A lot of boys in this area go to college on baseball scholarships. I had an uncle who pitched for he St. Louis Browns....now that was a few decades ago! Hehehe...

I hope Patty has a safe trip...I am so glad she got to meet Daryls. You know they talked and talked and talked!!! Drive safely on the way home, Patty! Have fun with those beautiful granddaughters!

Oh, Thelma, I am so sorry about the cost of your medication...500 dollars, that is so ridiculous...how do the justify that price? I know they claim research, but please. I don't have a lot of money, but if everyone pitched in maybe we could help you with the cost? I would gladly help...I know what a sick liver feels like myself and I am very grateful that it was only for a while. I was so sick.

Janet, I hope your next camping trip is dry...I love the rain, and I love to sit on the porch wrapped up in a blanket when it is storming...but camping in the rain, maybe a day...but all week? You're a real trooper! I had a great time camping...I had clear skies, cool nights and I fished and fished and fished!

Well, I had better get this day going, ladies...have a good one!

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page