doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  9:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello everybody. I am not off on any fun adventures yet. The first one will be Disney Orlando at the end of July. I went to my daughter's Friday for the weekend with the plan to go from there to San Antonio Monday and Tuesday for some business, and not even monkey business at that. But, on Friday the opposition/defendents cancelled and it is moved to next week, so off I go again this Friday. I saw my grandaughter in her role as one of the orphans in Annie, a small theater under the stars in Wimberley, which is between Austin and San Antonio. We counted 7 childern in this play who actually were orphans, having been adopted, my granddaughter being one of them. One of the moms there had three kids in the play adopted from Nigeria. All the children were so precious. My daughter did the choreography and her DH designed the sets. Every summer they try to do something that calls for lots of children, last year it was Alice in Wonderland. It was so impressive they are going to get a spot on the news tommorow night. So I am back home but felt a little under the weather, not to mention it is now triple digits time with no rain.

Doris, one thing we all talk about is the weather, and I don't think we have anyone else on this thread from Canada so it will be interesting to hear how things are where you live. I wonder if there will be anything left of beautiful Colorado after these awful fires. I am Darlys' little sister (just pretend, because we've never met in person) so I consider it my job to keep that wild woman under control. No easy task. I am the quiet, introverted one and she is always trying to get me in trouble. That's why we are pretty sure we are sisters seperated at birth. Mine,not hers, because she is big sis and i am little sis. So, Holly, now we know why she washes her car all the time, dont we. has something to do with a hunk with a pony tail. Tisk, Tisk. Probably where all the lemons went, too. I sure miss those lemons. I have a funny story about our 76 year old neighbor who went out at night and stole the oranges off our tree when we lived in Florida.
Well I went to the trouble to find notepad and pulled it up to use--then went right on typing directly on the reply instead. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Tomorrow I will get back on and reply to some of your comments but for now, its nitey nite chickie poos.
glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jun 27 2012 7:50:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  9:48:52 PM  Show Profile
HI everyone,
Sounds like a lot of us had another busy day.

Nancy we had a lot of rain today, but it is supposed to be the end of it for the week. But, you are probably on the way to having a big difference in your lawn! What do you work on at your sewing group?

And Holly, we were in the forties for most of the day. Brr. I bet you were a bit cooler, if you decided to light your stove. Mrs. Guinea wouldn't take it lightly to be relocated at this point, would she? I have a friend coming by for some transplants and we are goingto have to work quickly for some of them because they are near the quail nest. IF my guess is correct, they should hatch this week .... Best of luck with the new water set up! I bet it will be a relief to have a system you can count on.

Kathy, how is Jenny's dog's teeth? Is Star a little dog. They seem to have the teeth problems more than the larger breeds. Fingers crossed that all is well.

Thelma, I understand how it feels to regret having shared something about your health. Remember you are amongst friends here. I admire that you have the mindset of just keeping on. You are making choices about what you are willing to ache for the sake of doing and what just isn't worth the pain. It is a difficult choice. Congratulations on being someone who manages their challenges with a great deal of grace.

I got home this morning from an errand and found a dead mouse on the cement pad in front of the garage. I don't "do" mice .... dead or alive. My usual response to a mouse is to say, "Oh no." and turn and walk, or run, in the opposite direction. But, since dh is gone, I got to shovel that little guy up and toss him into the canyon. So that was unpleasant. And I know it doesn't gain me any farmgirl cred, but I just can't take the vermin! Yuck, yuck and yuck.

So looking forward to the better weather that I mentioned earlier. We have standing water at this moment. Very strange at this time of year. I would really like to see the tomatoes start to change color. But they need to get to size first.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  05:44:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning gals, I have a busy week, my son is setting up for an annual flea market that is taking place this weekend, so I am working for him starting this afternoon until Sunday. He owns a thrift and antique store, so it is very interesting for me. I do not buy too much because I just do not have the room, but I do enjoy seeing what others buy and how they use them. I will post when I can, but know that they will be shorter ones.
Have a wonderful day. stay cool and dry,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  06:04:11 AM  Show Profile
Marianne, you need my Mr. Kitty. He love mice and rats,too. Brings them right up to the patio sometimes. If Snuggles gets in on the action the mouse may have a chance to escape because Mr. Kitty will walk away if Snuggles comes along. I have seen the little mice running for cover and even make it to the nearest bush. Otherwise it is curtains for the little critter if Mr. Kitty wants to play with it.

Glenda, now I know why Darlys calls you Gypsy sister. You are one traveling lady. Hope things go well for you and that you are feeling okay. Yeah, the heat is coming here soon. I can wait!

Got to go. I have lots to do today. I will post a picture of the unfortunate mystery quilt I made at the Sewing Group. I was not unhappy to hear that some of the other ladies there had trouble with it too.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  06:06:51 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Maryland. The weather here is a cool 68 right now expected to get up to around 88 this afternoon and over 90 tomorrow & close to 100 over the weekend!! So, when I hear about Holly starting the stove up & other people only in the 40s? Guess I'll stop my whine about the weather here in MD!!

Star's teeth are ok. She is such a picky little brat that she just decided she didn't like what we were serving her for meals. I guess she thought that if she'd stop eating, we'd just let her eat the chickens! I told Jenny after $56 vet bill for clean bill of health, if she doesn't eat after 15 minutes, just pick it up and she can eat it for her next meal. Vet said she is in great condition and wouldn't hurt her if she missed a meal or two.

That's Poppy - the brown & white fuzzy one, and Star is the black & white one. Both are Jack Russell Terriers. Poppy is the lover & Star is the talker. From the moment someone new walks in the door, she's talking. Hard to shut her up. She just has as lot to say. She'll even 'talk' to a stranger while getting a generous back scratch - which she loves the best! Crazy dogs, but we love them.

Oh, on a sad note, my daughter & son-in-law's dog died night before last. She was sitting on the couch cuddling before dinner with hubby & dogs, then when she and Tom got up to go eat, Lida gave out a cry, collapsed and died - right there on the couch. Both of them are really torn up about it. Lida was a very much loved black lab/pit bull mix. Tommy had her since she was 5 weeks old. He had to hand feed her because she was so young when he got her. She was 11 years old this year. We went out to their house to help them bury her. Yes, before you ask - away from ground water - down hill from the well. They wrapped her up in her favorite blankie & buried her about 4 feet deep - couldn't get any deeper because of hard pan. It was very sad. She will be much missed. After all, she was one of my grand doggies. I told them I believe in the 'Rainbow Bridge'. That's where your loved pets wait for you to gather them up and go into Heaven together. I can't believe in a Heaven without my pets....it just wouldn't be Heaven without my pets.

Well, my final cake class is today and I have to go prepare all the frostings I will have to use to display my 'talents'. Off I go!!

Later sisters. Prayers all around.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  07:08:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs!!! It is a beautiful morning in the Ozarks....but temps are headed back toward the triple digits today...hot and humid!

So far we have picked about 20 tomatoes in the last couple of days...I would have made salsa, but my DH wants to pass them out among his railroad buddies! Bragging rights, I guess! Hehehe....I am soooo excited to met Patty Sunday...I think I am beside myself....I need some lemonade!!!!

Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry about your grand doggie. I have a doggie graveyard in my yard. One passed of cancer (he ate a box of chocolates) and the outdoor dog passed from eating a deer with 'wasting disease' and the rest of my indoor dogs are getting up there...it rips the heart out to loose a beloved family member.

Janet, I love antiques...nothing better.

Well, it is back to work tonight...it is so peaceful....I love it...nightshift is awesome!!!

So many posts I wanted to reply to, but I can't go back a page...sorry, gfs. : (

Does anyone here play a musical instrument? I don't, but I have sang all my life until a few years ago...I had to have polyps removed from my vocal cords...I have really been researching the McNally Strumstick and I think I want one....what a way to spend an evening, sitting on the porch rocking and strumming....am I dreaming? Help!!!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  3:39:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi y'all...I'll be 70 on July 8. Life is great, it's just the broken parts of my body that don't agree. I just sent my annual 4th of July swap in. Our home is on a pond and waterfall tour at the end of July. Both the outdoor pond and the indoor pond. We're gardening like crazy. The chickens next door are a treat with their clucking above the traffic noise. We have picked only a tiny tomato so far. Marilyn I envy your 20. (kind of weird having tomato envy. In August they will be crawling over the counter just waiting to be put in jars.)Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th. Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  3:50:08 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I have Moe Moe. He is my little serial killer. At my old house in the forest, he would bring in the largest rat looking things. In the middle of the night I would hear him eating it. Ugh!

Kathy, I'm so sorry about your daughters dog. How traumatic! At least it was sudden but not good regardless. Losing animals is always heart breaking. I agree about the rainbow bridge. I know my Scooby will be waiting for me along with numerous cat friends.

I put my new Etsy store online today. I have so many things I have made this last year and taking pictures in the basement has been not working out so well. So I went outside. My mom has a piney looking tree out back and I just hung stuff off of it and took the pictures that way. Hopefully something will come of it. I have so much more to do! Amazing how long it takes to put just 4 little items on. Anyway, I put my site links at the bottom. I'm starting a new blog too. It is after my orange tabby, Alex. He is into everything and such a big help when I sew. It was easy to use him as a subject. I'm trying to think of ways to cash in on his wonderful personality.

Anyway, not much else going on. My bday is Friday and my friend is redyeing my hair. She uses a chocolate brown color. It looks pretty cool. She calls me "Miss Chocolate". Oh, and thank you for all the wonderful birthday cards and tuck ins. It was so nice and such a pick me up!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  3:51:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh, looks like my curious orange cat link isn't linked up with my website yet.. sorry!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  4:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Joseph and Unky came and have started laying the new pipe from the spring. the hard part through the woods is done. We have a pump filling the holding tank in the downstairs from the stream. The water is dark from having a lot of minerals in the water but it is clean and will wash laundry, take showers, and do dishes. I think it will be two more days until it is hooked up to the house. Mrs Guinea had better get those babies hatched quickly.

Gotta go all of the turkeys are loose in the garden.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  7:46:58 PM  Show Profile
Janet, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun to fill in at an antique store every now and again.

Kathy, glad to hear that Star is A-OK. Just picky! Both of the dogs are so cute. I really like Jack Russells. Never had one, but believe it or not our chihuahua is mistaken for one often. So sorry to hear of Lida's passing. I would be happy to have one of our dogs go that fast. Sounds as though it was sudden and painless. We have never had a dog die of natural causes. They always become so ill that it is the kindest thing to put them to sleep. I hate that decision making part ... when is the right time. My heart goes out to your daughter and her family. On to a brighter subject, what did you learn in decorating class today?

Holly, You must be so relieved to have the water situation on the way to being settled. So happy you won't have that to worry about too much longer. Fingers-crossed Mrs. Guinea gets "crackin"

Nancy thanks for offering Mr. Kitty. But, I don't know if I would do any better with a kitty who brings prizes or plays with the mouse! I really am a chicken!

Marylyn, do you think you resist singing along with your Strumstick? Or am I wrong in assuming you aren't supposed to sing anymore? I played piano, clarinet and all the other similar instruments: organ, flute, saxophone. We finally sold our piano after moving it from state to state to state to state ...

Bunny, how fun to have a new haircolor for your birthday!! Hope it sets a great mood for your day.
marianne
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  7:57:28 PM  Show Profile
I just lost my post. so goodnight everyone. hope none of you are in the Florida floods or the Colorado fires. It looks so horrible on tv.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  8:06:39 PM  Show Profile
I think the deal is that if two people happen to click submit reply at the exact same second, one of them gets bumped off. this is twice it has happened to me because I'm too lazy to use notepad. oh well, marianne yours was more interesting anyway

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jun 27 2012 8:07:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  8:22:11 PM  Show Profile
We got word a few hours ago that a very dear friend from WI passed away. We are heading out to be with the family. We want to leave tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning. Tomorrow we will find a place for Lily Dog to stay, water all of the gardens (101 degrees today), throw stuff into a suitcase and pray for the family left behind to cherish Ken's memory. I'll be back on line early next week. Taa taa chickie poos. Everyone have a nice weekend.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  05:57:15 AM  Show Profile
I got these in packages from Jan and Holly. Thank you both so much.

Than
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  06:18:42 AM  Show Profile
Just checking in, Girlfriends. Can't stay long, but I wanted to say "Hi". I miss you all, but it's just too difficult using the office internet these days; way busy and way to tired to stay any longer than I already do. We are frequently seeing patients as early as 7-7:30 and as late as 7-7:30. I'm exhausted! Now, if I could only sleep better; too hot! It's been in the low 100's every day and with only my one window air conditioner...well, it doesn't quite make it to the bedroom until well after the time I need to be asleep... Talk to you later...

Love & Hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  07:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Nancy what beautiful gifts you received!! I am so glad that Jan and Holly are so much more organized than I. I can never seem to get anything out in a timely fashion but you certainly deserve the celebration and recognition!! I am going to catch up!!

Kathryn, It is so nice to hear from you. I see the heat wave that most of the country is living through. Seems miserable. Hope your AC catches up tonight and you get a good night's rest!

Tough day yesterday around here. DD made a huge mistake taking the job that was offered her. She was panicked after looking for so long and took the first thing offered. A very "verbal" work environment. First day she was told to perform a sex act to get the job done ... After migraines, tears and self-recrimination she handed in her resignation. Yep, this company is ripe for a lawsuit, but who wants to stick around to be the one who has to file it... I hope this is something she can shake off. Man, she just needs a break. I know this sounds too bizarre to be true, but she wasn't the only one at HR at 7 a.m. with the paperwork to quit. And the "quitters" weren't just women. It so hard for her to "give up" on this. But, this is not something that she could handle for too long and I think she would really have her spirit broken. Please keep my kid in your thoughts ...

On a lighter note. It is supposed to be a nice day here and I really need some garden therapy. I'm just so down. It should help.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  08:59:55 AM  Show Profile
Marianne, how terrible for your daughter. I hope she finds something else soon. Sad to see that employeers allow this behavior and with numerous employees leaving, don't see a problem.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  3:06:19 PM  Show Profile
Thelma - I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I am praying for you & your friends to have the strength to face this loss.
Oh, and I ride a 49cc scooter. I'm no biking granny, although at one time, I did ride a 750 Viper, but that was 20 years ago. Husband has a something or other in the garage he rides when it's not too hot or not to cold, or it doesn't rain or the wind doesn't blow....and so on. He has not ridden as much as it was worth buying it, but, well, you....he's a guy and it's a man thing. I guess it's a bit like the extra sewing machine I just "had" to have......

Here is a picture of my final cake. Try looking at it without all the purple roses my instructor thought would look so pretty. I think the cake was fine without them.

Heat has hit the East Coast. 98 today in Maryland & over 100 expected tomorrow. Good thing only thing I need to do is get my nails done and mail out some packages. The rest of my day, I'll be sewing on those aprons I have cut out, but keep finding other things to do instead.

The squirrels in my yard have discovered that if they hang around in the back yard tree.....about 10 feet up.....they can drive my dogs crazy. They are out there right now, barking and jumping all over the place and I can see the squirrels out my window. I swear they're just sitting there, talking between themselves about those crazy loud dogs down there and what else can we do to make them make more noise!?!
Guess I better go drag them back inside so the neighborhood can eat dinner in peace.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  3:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Doris, so nice to see newbies come here, hope you stay around, got to say that I love your name, it was my Momma's name. To me it is the sweetest name in the world. I am sure you will love it here...

I hope I haven't missed any other newbies, if I have please forgive me...welcome to all and as I said earlier, I'm sure you will love it here. These are the sweetest most caring ladies you will ever meet. Come sit awhile and jump right in...enjoy. I'm sorry I haven't been around as much as I use to be...but this new job and the garden are keeping me busy...or and that little trip Jim and I took...it was the first time we have been able to get away...and because we stayed with the owners of the place it was fairly cheap, just had to pay gas down and back and since we were on the bikes it wasn't too bad...just 50 dollars for both bikes....our friends even feed us...and let us into the boat races too...it was a nice trip, just alittle short...Well time to get to the garden, don't think I will be out there much after today. They said we are suppose to get up to 108 or so Sat and Sun...think I will stay in and crochet, read and sew...lol...hope to catch up with all of you this weekend too...

Oh and thank you everyone for a great birthday MONTH...I couldn't ask for better sisters as all of you...love ya bunches...

If any of the newbies would like to be included on our birthday list, just email me with your birthday, including year(hehe) along with your address and I will include it and also send you a copy of our list with any updates.

Hey girls, did I already send out July and August birthdays? I got CRS...lol thanks

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  4:50:09 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, thank you for the birthday card! Smelly,yummy and coffee too!
Can't wait to get my hair dyed tomorrow. Makes me look younger you know.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  7:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, Your new Etsy shop is GREAT. Beautiful items, as usual. Your quilting ability is so inspiring to me. I love the fabrics you choose. Also, I have the distinct honor of being your first follower on your new blog!!

Happy Birthday!! Get that new 'do. Hope it looks silky and shiny and you feel 19 again!

Marianne
Oh, and thank you for your kind words this morning about dd's situation. It helped.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  05:12:47 AM  Show Profile
Thelma, I am so sorry about losing your friend. My prayers for you and your friend's family. So sad.

Kathy I really like your cake decoration. I like the purple flowers and also think it would have been just as pretty without them. The butterfly looks so pretty I could eat it. I love frosting more than cake.

Penny, I am so glad that you had a good time with your DH. It is nice to get away and have friends treat you so well. Our weather here is heating up and will be in the high 90's this week. Have fun with the knitting. You are so gifted and make so many creative things.

Bunny I went over to your etsy site and saw all the lovely things you have made. And Happy Birthday. My card to you may be a little late. I sent it yesterday. We here celebrate our birthdays for more than just a day. So enjoy!

Tomorrow is my last day as FGOTM and I have had a fabulous month. I feel so loved by all of you and your good wishes make me feel so good. Thank you all.

I am going to do errands today. Going to the post office to mail packages, then I will drop off the stuff to the lady who does quilting on her quilting machine. With the high temperatures this week I want to stay inside in the afternoons. I had a fun walk with my DH and the dog yesterday. Debby left a lot of rain puddles on the trail so we had to walk around them the best we could. Snuggles just plows through, jumping and lapping up the water as she goes.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  05:57:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Maryland where the weather will be over 100 & that's not counting the heat index!

Jenny & I will be out in the garden in a few minutes ripping out the green beans. Due to the very warm wet spring this year, they have already run their course; leaving me plenty of time for another crop. The chickens will have their way with the pulled plants for a day or two, then I'll rake out the finished leftovers & add them to my compost pile. I'm already planning my garden for next year!! Hubby & Jenny both think I'm crazy. With my next shoulder operation coming up in 6 weeks, I'm hoping this next crop of green beans will not be ready until I am. Dr is taking out the tendon that is old & shredded. He says he can't reattach it & it is causing all the trouble in my shoulder. Says he will pull a part of the muscle up & attach it where the tendon used to be. Can you do that? I'm scared and worried. I hate leaving my arm in another persons hands. I can only hope and pray that he knows what he's doing or my gardening days will be over. Not to mention, my growing cake decoration talent! Well, ok - I'm working on that one. The cookies looked way better than that cake, but it sure tasted good.

Bunny - I checked into your new Etsy shop too. Wow. What cute things. You really are talented.

Now something completely different. (remember when?)

I was perusing newer pages on this forum and found the originator of this thread. Anyone know whatever happened to Anne2114? I can't seem to locate any current postings from her. I guess she got lost on her way back to the farm.

Anyway - out to the garden to remove some plants and frustrations.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  10:08:24 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I laughed at your comment about liking frosting more than cake...I'm afraid I'm in the same camp. Total butter cream freak. Kathy I agree with Nancy, I love your cake. I think the roses look wonderful and yes, I would have looked just as good with just the butterfly. You did a great job.

Welcome Doris, this is such a wonderful place to visit. Hope to see you lots!

Thank you to everyone that visited my store and blog. Hopefully I'll be able to keep them both up and maybe someday make some money.

Thinking about all you ladies in the terrible heat. Hope you can find ways to stay cool.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page