Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  8:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Have lots of fun and sun, Janet!!! See ya next week!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  04:52:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Nancy. I am so glad you joined us. I am thrilled to know there is sister that lives here in Northeastern Florida. You will enjoy it here with all of us.

Rained really good yesterday evening. I had laundry on the line earlier in the day so I am happy that the rain held off until evening. I did some embroidery and sewing on a doll that I am making. I made a really tasty beef stew with all kinds of veggies in it and we had that for dinner along with my salad with taragon, sweet basil and cilantro in it. I also put tomatoes, raisins, and walnuts in the salad. Really good.

Still catching up on finishing some of the things I have started in the sewing room.

Have a wonderful day all you lovelies.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Still
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  05:05:31 AM  Show Profile
I think we'll be getting a break in the weather around here. Been over 103 three days in a row. Right now, I have jeans on the line and getting ready to put out the sheets. Hopefully the rain holds off until everything gets dry. Got to get it all done before church too.

Welcome NancyOO. We love new sisters.

Got to run. Prayers all around.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  08:35:08 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Nancy from Florida and Connie from Texas!!!!!! I am a weight watchers "repeat offender". Lost 40 pounds 2 years ago and now am in the process of "wishing" another 20 off. I am now trying to get motivated once again. Maybe when our garden produce is more abundant I will do better.
It sounds like you two have the same interests as most of us. Right now we are gardeners who always have books to read and stitching to do. I do hope you two like lemonade as we have some "interesting secret recipes" for lemonade here. giggle

WE need rain and I know most of you do too. It has been so dry and hot and sometimes the winds are way to strong. All my flowers have been stressed and we are constantly watering the veggie garden. Lets make a pact that when we get rain in our areas we will go out and dance in it, say a prayer for the rest of the chickie poos, and be sisters at heart.

Speaking of sisters, could we have a better chickie poo in our mist than Holly? This week she sent me a surprise package. It contained 2 books containing christmas projects because I asked if anyone had any ideas for making Christmas tree decorations. If that wasn't generous enough a few days letter she sent Darwin and I a card showing compassion for the loss of our dear friend, Ken. Holly I love you and your kindness. I wish we lived closer so we could share without paying that darn postage. giggle

Kathy, a bee in you bonet - now I have heard it all! Wonderful story - our talented writers in chickie poo land should write your tale into a childrens story and our artists could illistrate it -"Once apon a lite there was a little girl named Kathy who loved to go our into the garden------- giggle.

Its time to feed Lily Dog as she is locking at me like I have abandoned her. taa taa for now my dears. Lets all pray for rain!

Edited by - Thelma on Jul 08 2012 08:38:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  09:22:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Thelma,
My mom was an Iowa farmgirl - but opposite of me she never wanted to be! I got my first taste of being a true farmgirl when we visited her old family farm when I was 10. I watched my Grandma make homemade egg noodles, dried over the back of a chair, picked green beans and pulled new potatoes for dinner and dug for nightcrawlers for fishing with my Grand Dad. That was 45 years ago, my mom is gone but I have been passionate about being a 'farmgirl' ever since. Mom did teach me to sew, but I taught myself everything else.
My mom's 2 sisters gave me all of my grandma's unfinished quilt blocks because I was the only one of the granddaughter's who sew or quilt. I finished them all out, so now all the grandchildren at least have a piece of Grandma Davis. I also have most of her collection of gingham aprons with beautiful 'chicken scratch' embroidery on them. I'm thoroughly modern and wonderfully old fashioned! I still don't have the horse I have wanted all my life, I am just now (in my husband's retirement) able to garden and live the country life. We only have 3 acres, but I love it! So glad I found the MJF family!

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  1:06:06 PM  Show Profile
Connie, do you remember a town close to your Mom in Iowa? I grew up in the Williams - Blairsburg area and now live in Northern Iowa, seven miles from the IA - MN border. Like your mother, I was not going to stay on the farm. All these years later and I love life in rural Iowa and
our 10 1/2 God given acres. I am 65 and hope I can hang out here for another 20 + years. Iowa is the only place I have ever called home. I have traveled some, and studied foreign lands, but Iowa is to much a part of me to leave for any length of time.You are so blessed to get thoses antique quilt blocks. I do hope that those special people who are getting them know what a special person you are to gift the blocks to them. That's quite an undertaking, not to mention a ton of work.
Nancy and Connie will you please contact me with your birth date and your address. I will not give out this info without your permission. tdadams@wctatel.net There is a master birthday list going around that you may choose to be on. Penny takes care of that one.

I am sewing this afternoon so better get back at it before I loose interest. Taa taa for now chickie poos. stay cool

Edited by - Thelma on Jul 08 2012 1:09:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  7:19:30 PM  Show Profile
It has been a long time since I was on list like this. please be patient with me has I learn who everyone is and what everyone is doing. I see alot of ya'll do needle work. I am not a needle person, at least not yet. I use to do embordory a long time ago. My thing is homesteading and scrapbooking. Oh, I am also a tea lover. mostly ice tea but all loose leaf, any other tea lovers out there? I have one technical question. when I come to this group I have to go from page 1 to 304 is there any way I can have it open up with the last post first?

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Farmgirl #4284
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  04:31:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs!!! This a glorious hoooooot day in the Ozarks...of, course we had a cool front move through yesterday with a slight shower...the temps dropped from 106 to 99 degrees!!! I am not complaining, no, I am not complaining....maybe whining, just a little....what is left of my tomatoes are blistering, the grass crunches when I walk across the yard, the cows are eating expensive hay and, and, and....oh, enough already....it's summertime!

Welcome, Connie and Nancy...it is wonderful here...I think you'll love it....at least I know I do... ; )

Oh, Holly, how I love the community celebrations and yours sounds absolutely wonderful! When my kids were little, I was involved in all the planning, organizing, and I was there from daylight till the last firecracker popped! And, of course, they always drug me to the stage to sing...but for they last several years I have had to work...not regretfully, I love my job, but I do miss it....

Well, ladies, I gotta run...the sun is rising and there is work to do...it is summertime!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  04:47:30 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I have been on lots of boards and groups too - but I haven't seen yet anyway to make the 'last page come up first' either. I always have to get to the page, then click on the last page.

We got a little rain shower here in central Texas last night, so very nice! But after the 100's+ last week my tomatoes too were looking pretty sad. My eggplant and cukes are still doing very nicely though. We are getting our first box from the CSA coop today- all organic and locally grown. Can't wait! If you haven't heard of CSA, it stands for Community Supported Agriculture (I think is the proper term!) - the ones in our area also sell at the Farmer's Market, but this is easier, I just reply each Friday to the email sent out of what is available, design my box, then drive in to town to pick it up on Monday. We have been trying to stay to meatless Monday's for awhile now, sure will be easier with a nice fresh box of vegetables. this week I chose: tomatoes, okra, sweet corn, two kinds of onions, poblano peppers, radishes, peaches.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  05:32:11 AM  Show Profile
Connie Sue, if you don't have plans for your okra you might try roasting it. We have okra all summer long and I get tried of the same old okra and tomatoes. So I tryed roasting it. Wash and cut off the stem and tips slice in 3/4 inches toss with a little olive oil and season to taste. I would use something like Everglades Heat or Tony Chachere's something with a little spice to it. Roast for about 10-15 minutes at 425.
I like your idea of Meatless Mondays and I might try Fishy Fridays too. I have been eating out way to much and need to do more home cooking so I think if I plan general ideas for each day it might help. So ladies help me come up with some other catchy names for the rest of the days. Leftover Saturdays?

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Farmgirl #4284
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  05:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the okra recipe - that is exactly what I wanted to do and now I don't have to search for the recipe! I started doing meatless mondays back in the fall - it was a topic in one of the weight watchers meetings that I led. There is a whole website on the topic as well. At first my husband was skeptical, but he has embraced it as well and I would say we follow through most weeks. I haven't been quite as successful at getting more fish in our menu, even though we both love it. Friday's are our homemade pizza night.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  05:43:39 AM  Show Profile
Here it is:

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  06:12:37 AM  Show Profile
Cool, thanks for the link SisterSue. I will check it out. heading to the kitchen to make up another batch of homemade granola ceral. I am thinking Almond Cranberry this time.

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Farmgirl #4284
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  06:31:32 AM  Show Profile
So many new names! Welcome all! I feel so bad that I haven't been able to get on to "talk" to you all more frequently, but it isn't for lack of thinking about you; I miss you all so much. It's just been so crazy here at the office and I can't seem to get a response from the cable company to get internet at home; I'm still working on it, though.

I've had house guests, yes, in my little, teeny, tiny house, I've had company. It does make it cramped when there is more than one…lol Friday night I had SIX…CHILDREN! OVERNIGHT! Lol It was a bit stressful, but we had fun…

I have this problem, Girlfriends, and I thought one or more of my FG besties would know what to do…I have a few plants at home and some at the office, but they are being attacked and eaten up by grasshoppers; My apple trees are just twigs now, my strawberry plants are destroyed and so on, and so on…Now, this morning I found some in the plants at the office. Help! What can I do to stop/prevent them from destroying everything?

Oops! Gotta work now,

Later Gals!

Love and Hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  07:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi, My daughter introduced me to the CSA program this year. We have received several boxes now. I like the news letters we get with them with recipes because sometimes I need ideas on the veggies I am not that familiar with. I love the variety but most of all knowing that they are all organic.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  09:04:55 AM  Show Profile
Glenda, I know you are out there somewhere. Wishing you a happy birthday! I have a card to put in the mail. It will be a bit late.

Connie I think we skip generations with things like farm girls and sewing stuff. I'm more like my grandmother in her interests. I know with quilters and sewers it happens a lot. I did inherit the love of the mountains from my dad.

Nancy, I go to the page I want on this forum and save it to my favorites. That way you go right to the new page. As more pages appear, I again go to the newest page, save to favorites and delete the old one on favorites. Hope that is not too confusing.

Off to sew I. The basement today. I finally finished my jacket. It looks so cool.. Or er, nice. Not so cool in this summer heat. I just get to admire it until winter. I'll have a picture later.

Say cool everyone!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  09:23:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh thanks for the tip about saving to favs! I have saved other things, didn't think about saving current page. SO much easier!

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  11:47:12 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - HAPPY BIRRRRTHDAY, DEAR GYPSY GLENDA -- (luv u more) - HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO YOU!!!!

Gee Holly, Even though I've been remiss in posting, I keep peeking in ... wondering if your water situation is under control and to get the latest skinny on Mrs. Guinea. It sounds like you have had reasonable weather - unlike so many farmgirls. And you and Ross are simply diabolical - shame, oh, the shame - now who would flush 3 toilets (at once) to make sure the poor fellow putting in a section of pipe got a surprise? You, that's who! Okay, it would have been funny. But you would have had to flush all three pottys AND been there to see the shock to have really enjoyed the experience!

Kathy, your John Deere looks an awful lot like ours.

Marianne -- PLEASE tell me what your veggie burgers consist of. Vegan grandson arrives next Monday for 5 days. Would love easy, tasty, ideas. Oh, and by th' by ... Nancy and I are redheads, too ... well, strawberry blonde counts as a redhead doesn't it? We can say that instead of wearing red hats ... we are getting straight to the "root" of the matter. No red hats for redheads! Hope the ponies' pedicures were uneventful.

Did I say welcome to Sugar Girl? And to Sister Sue? And to Nancy OO? Hi Pam! Hi Connie! Hi Nancy! Welcome to the chronologically gifted forum. The farmgirls here are wise, wonderful, whacky and totally awesome! And we love it when we get a new person who jumps right in and mixes things up. Some close friendships develop here - but please don't be put off by any familiarity ... we a close but not a clique.

NancyOO - to answer your question about opening last post first ... this isn't perfect ... but it's better than having to start with page one and scroll down. Every month or so - I bookmark the current page. Then I open the bookmark. When I make a new bookmark - I delete the old one. Right now I'm opening on page 295. Then I scroll thru quickly to the current page. Oh, I see Bunny does essentially the same ... bet a lot of others do, too.

Janet, Please count me in among everyone who expressed sympathy at the loss of your daughter. Even though it was a while ago the heart has that empty spot eternally. I'm sorry you and so many others are suffering with that gosh-awful heat and humidity. The big red mass on the weather-guessers map is headed our way. I guess we are in for some blistering heat, too.

Sounds like the storm socked it to you, Kathy. I'm so glad you are all okay and that you finally got power back. Our relatives in Virginia only had some branches down - while others just a mile away were without power and had major storm damage.

I got Jenny's lovely note Saturday. She is really a good note writer! I know you are proud that she is so quick to say thank you. I love getting mail from her. I forgot to tell her though, that I couldn't find any chicken stamps. But I'll keep my eyes open.

Bunny - so glad your hair color lifted your spirits. Those jacket panels are fabulous! Do you have a long-arm or are those done "feed dogs down?"

Marylyn and Patty ... How wonderful that you were able to "connect!" Sometimes you just meet someone who "gets you" and doesn't it feel good?

Patty, I'm so very sorry you lost Touchdown. I'm glad he had you for his lifetime. What a sweet picture. Had to laugh about Lily locking you in the quail coop. I'm sure she thought she was helping!

Glorious Gypsy -- If you stacked my cookbooks with my cooking magazines - they would likely tickle the toes of God. I love browsing in them - but heaven help me find "the recipe" I want when I want it. Thank you Al Gore. (I understand he invented the internet.) I do have more than a few internet recipes collected, too. And, I have unopened Paula Deen DVDs. I got tired of her pretty quickly. But I still applaud her entrepenuership.

Here it is Glenda's birthday and I am realizing that I haven't posted in over a week!

Independence Day was uneventful for us. DS grilled steak and corn on the cob. DH uncorked a bottle of red. We watched the fireworks on tv and went to bed. We were able to laugh about San Diego's fireworks. Can you just imagine sitting and waiting for the display and WOW! - then it is over? All going off at once must have been a stunner. DS said he guaranteed that every 8 year old boy there was totally satisfied! (BTW, I'm not a fan of "amateur" fireworks. Way too dangerous. Even in moderation.)

Holly, you have a lot of "spirit" - I know the kids had a great time. Maybe if there was more small town (neighborhood) type of activities around here we would enjoy the whole day - but we are in the Bay Area and it's just not a "warm/fuzzy" place. I believe, along with you, that all children should be able to participate in the fun - leveling the field for both the have-a-lots and the less-than-prosperous.

Kathy, your thoughtfulness toward our military is so kind and such a nice way to honor their service.

Bunny - I'm going to google Firefall Coffee to see if it's anywhere near us. Mariposa Coffee Roasting is just a couple of miles up 49. And about venting some about your mom ... some women do have great relationships with their mothers ... many more do not. So, fire away - many, if not most, of us will nod and say "I know." Whata Gal! Volunteering at the Animal Shelter is so perfect for you ... a bit of a "getaway" and - learning experience - and giving of yourself for a cause. You are so cool. Say -- did I miss it? Have you given us the latest on your next spin around the campus? Scholarships, etc?

Dianne! Yay! I was about to seek therapy ... abandonment issues, you know. I do understand about just going in circles and not feeling focussed enough to write. But c'mon - a hey-ho-I'm-here - now and again would ease the issues.

And, Thelma! I nearly gasped - laughing at your "glue incident." You just gotta love their creativity!

And then, naturally, there is Kathy - on her butt in the mud! Okay, now I'm howling and holding my side!

DH and I continued to do our car shopping homework this weekend. We actually test drove a beautiful BMW (which is not in the budget) yesterday. We are still shooting to replace the Acura long about in September sometime -- unless there is an incentive package that is too good to miss in a car we have in our top 3 contenders. We will be in Oakhurst for the next three weekends (including the whole last week of July when DH goes backpacking in Yosemite) so we are trying to narrow the field now and will make a decision sometime in August.

Then we spent a good amount of time scrubbing and cleaning out the hot tub. The leaves just keep falling. Even in summer. But with the hot weather bubble headed our way we thought we should prepare it for use -- even thinking we could do "cool" as opposed to "hot" -- we'll see.

Last night I made beef stroganoff and carrots. It was easy and good. Also made rice krispies treats. We've polished off the zuchinni bread I made a few days ago. Then I did a bit of sewing and DH watched the segment of the Tour de France that he had taped from earlier in the day. (The Tour is 3 weeks long - riding daily!)

Well, I've gotta get moving around here before the heat really hits ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  3:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Another new gal on the forum? Hello Laurie! Fridley, Minnesota ... I lived there for a while. In my mid-20s (so we are talkin' about 45 years ago) I bounced around the Twin Cities a bit. Aside from Minneapolis, I lived in New Brighton and Bloomington and Fridley. The house I lived in (with roommates) there had the front porch removed by a tornado. I was back for a grandson's wedding a bit over a year ago .... my goodness it has changed - a lot. Welcome, to the sassy senior section, Laurie!

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  5:06:48 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, so nice to see you... long time! Firefall coffee is in Groveland on the main street right next to the Iron Door Bar and Grill, oldest continuously operating bar in California. I did get my jacket done and no long arm here.. I did it freehand with a little help from a template. I think I finally got the hang if it. Kinda excited to know I can quilt my own quilts now. Long arm goddesses are awesome but expensive.
Here is a picture of my finished jacket. Sorry they are a bit blurry.. camera isn't the best.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  5:15:21 PM  Show Profile
That jacket is AWESOME! I am a quilter and I have used longarm quilters before, but my financial situation has changed so no more.
I love to hand quilt, but oh my - this project is just lovely Kudos to you!!

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  5:16:43 PM  Show Profile
WOW Bunny, your jacket is beautiful. I love all the differnent fabrics. I would never have thought to mix so many patterns together. Very, very nice.

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Farmgirl #4284
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  7:11:44 PM  Show Profile
Bunny -- Okay -- I am in awe! You have been an inspiration to me in other ways - but this! This is beyond inspiration. I think I'll just sit here and look at that gorgeous jacket with my jaw dropped.

Ooops Computer saying get off or lose it. So I'm off for now.

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  8:34:34 PM  Show Profile
Bunny your jacket takes my breath away. You are a true fabric artist!!!!! A friend and I are going on a 2 day quilt shop hope towards the end of this week. I bet we will not see anything as lovely as your jacket in any of the shops. Enjoy wearing your work of art. What jacket pattern did you use? I love the way the collar rolls back.

Mother in law is in the hospital again. She will be 92 next month. After visiting with her I was able to spend some time in Hobby Lobby while Darwin visited with his sister. I found a quilling kit in a bargin bin. I also got some matts and frames so I can display some of my photography, especially my bird pictures. Before coming home I stopped and got a gallon of porch paint so I can paint some basement woodwork and the basement steps. This is a project I'll save for some afternoon when it is to hot to garden. When I get this painting done I can think about staining the cement floor down there.

taa taa ladies. This old hen is going to roost.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  01:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello all !! I have many days to catch up with on, but I can't resist adding my admiration of Bunny's jacket to everyone else's. Bunny, you have such an eye for putting the fabrics together. It does take my breath away. Just fabulous. Thanks for posting photos, I really enjoyed seeing it. I hope you continue to show your other projects. It does stir me to get busy.

Also, I get to the last page by going to the Welcome Wagon forum, and highlighting the page number I want under Farmgirls over age 50. It takes me directly to that page number ....

I've missed you all. And I am so happy to add my welcome to everyone else's for Connie Sue and NancyOO. Two Nancy's! So are you Double O Nancy, from the Double O Ranch? We will have to make sure we differentiate between you two!! It is so nice to see you both jumping in and posting often. So glad you have joined us. It does take a while to keep us straight. I live in WA on about 30 acres with our dogs, horses and asst. wildlife (which includes dh of 27 years as of the 8th of July!) The big event lately in my life is that our daughter moved away from the area. She and her SO are both still looking for jobs in the Seattle area and I ask everyone to keep them in your prayers. Other than that life is going fairly smoothly ... at the moment!

Thelma, so sorry to hear you MIL is in the hospital. Is she expected to recover?

Happy Belated, Glenda. I know you are taking care of business, but I hope someone took care of you on your special day!!

I see some of us may be getting showers ... hope it brings some relief to everyone's tomatoes, etc. What an unpleasant time some of you are having...prayers sent that change is coming.

Sorry to be so hit and miss. I love ya all

Marianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page