jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  06:04:19 AM  Show Profile
Good luck Nancy with your eye surgery. Hoping all goes well, which I am sure it will. Take it easy.
Laurie Jean, My recipe for laundry soap is:
4 lb. box borax
4 lb. box washing soda
4 lb. box baking soda
3 bars fels naptha soap grated finely
Mix well and I store mine in a large tin and use 1/8 to 1/4 cup per load.
At first I was not sure of it, but after a couple of washings, I could see my clothes brighter and whiter.
Hope this helps.
We finally got a tiny bit of rain, just enough to wet the pavement, but am praying for more today. I left my garden hose hooked up in the yard, so it is sure to rain more.Wink! It is only 57 degrees, feels soooo goood.
Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  07:53:12 AM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo 2 days in a row!!
Wow have all of you been praying for rain? We have over cast skies and chance of rain. We will see. At least it is cooler today.

We finished butchering the last of the chickens yesterday, I love having chicken in the freezer. My DH looked in the freezer and said he might as well not go hunting. There was no place to put the meat. LOL I told him if he got a deer, elk, or both, I would buy another freezer!

Darlys I think I will follow your example. Half the time I am late or the cards don't get mailed because I have stuff I want to put in and never get to it.

Darlys are you by any chance related to any Nelsons in CA. Originally from OK. I ask this because of the saggy eyelid thing. I was told it is not all that common and is a trait handed down in families. Al my aunts and uncles on my mothers side had it. So do I but not quite as bad.

Janet we are glad when you drop y to let us know what is going on. Don't worry if you can't say something to each person. We just want to know how you are.

Laurie What a wonderful idea. I never thought of putting dryed lavender or other herbs in a sachet in the dryer. Thanks for sharing the tip.

Janet thanks for the recipe. My DD also puts the oxy (spelling?) powder in hers. Mine is a liquid, so I will try thr dry maybe it is better.

Well I best get moving. I need to get all the camping gear out so I can see what we will need for this wekend. Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  10:07:59 AM  Show Profile
Connie, good for you glamping on your own. My goal is to build a tiny house on wheels but I have been a little worried about pulling it and backing it up. I found a women's RV club that has a class to teach you how to pull and back up a RV. Hopefully someday I'll be ready. I think my biggest fear is pulling into gas stations for fuel. I don't want to take out any fueling station roofs..lol.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  6:56:00 PM  Show Profile
We got about .001 of an inch of rain today, just enough to wet the ground, that was it. But the good news is it was cool today. It was only in the 60s, felt like autumn out there. Felt so good.
Back to working tomorrow, I work every Friday for my son at his antique and thrift store. Gives me something to do, meet people and gets me out of the house.
Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  7:32:32 PM  Show Profile
Janet, I bet the air smelled good after the little bit of rain!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  8:20:33 PM  Show Profile
I started cooking early this morning so as to beat the heat. It has been unseasonably warm here. We usually get one day out of the summer in the 100's and very few in the upper 90's. We have been running our AC for about 10 days now...like I said unusual for us. So, to keep the kitchen cool, I cooked a fritatta this morning. It is a favorite of my husband's is good for any meal and also freezes well so we aren't stuck with for multiple days. Also, dd loves to take home a casserole from the freezer when she visits!

So, boiled potatoes, cooked bacon, sauteed peppers and onions. Layered them in the casserole with a bit of cheese and beat up some eggs to pour over it all before sliding it in the oven for about 30 minutes. I was so proud of myself to have finished this all up as well as the bed, bathroom and started laundry, etc. before I closed up the house because it was the same temperature inside as outside. Then I headed outside to enjoy some gardening. Two hours later I came in to find that I had left the oven on. Oh, well.

We are supposed to have a chance of thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow and my hips forecasted it before the newscasters could!!

Dianne, I bet it does feel great to have your freezer stocked. Congratulations.

Laurie, It must be nice to visit your family in Florida in the cooler months. Don't forget to ask Penny for a birthday list. She goes by AceLady02 (or something close to that). You just click on her farmgirl name and a link to send an email will come up.

OK, Nancy, I am all messed up on my days. Good luck, again, for tomorrow. Some prayers are good ... more are better, right?

So, Mollie is doing great!!! I took a look at a sample of her urine today ... I will spare you the details ... but, it looks like she has no more infection. So, if within the next three weeks she stays infection free, we should be in the clear! Thanks for all the good wishes, girls. It meant the world to me.

And also all the well wishing for my daughter and her boyfriend. It is so crazy to have so many of our children struggling to find jobs. Hoping better days are around the corner.

Marianne

I think I need a signature line...
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  9:59:00 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Laurie Jean, hope you like it here and stick around.

Hoping to hear from Nancy tomorrow that her surgery went off without a hitch.(or is that another silly texas saying?)
My granddaughter gets after me all the time about all my "sayings". Oh, Marianne, leaving the oven on is just one more thing that makes you "one of the girls" I can not tell you how many absent minded things I do. So glad your Mollie is going to be ok and give you many more years of unconditional love. I am just so silly about my fur babies, I am dreading leaving them next week to go to Florida. I got upset that my daughter had someone coming to check on them only once a day while we are gone so now we have someone coming in twice a day to walk them and undoubtedly clean up their poop, since mine are used to going out 5 or 6 times a day. I thought it would be less trauma than boarding them, I guess because they were shelter dogs, they go into panic mode any time we go near the vet or the groomer. And a lot cheaper to have someone to come in for all the pets, hers and mine than to board all of them.

I was telling my daughter how lucky she was to find a good job when so many are looking. She had a good job teaching special ed but 5 years was beginning to wear on her, plus it was a long drive every day. She recently went to work for Marbridge which is a private institution for mentally challenged adults and her job is to work with them to prepare them for applying for jobs and teaching them how to behave properly on the job. She loves it. She says they are all so sweet and the owners and staff at Marbridge are wonderful to work with. They do not have accommodations for anyone with violence issues, unlike public facilities. She works with them to get jobs like janitorial, or sacking groceries for example, and I think it is wonderful of people to hire them and give them a chance. She says they are so proud when they are finally able to get a job and do it successfully and I think of my very bright and capable but lazy 23 year old grandson who has never bothered to get a job.

I actually cooked tonight, a rare thing, as I try to make people think I do not know how to cook. I baked a brisket and made scalloped potatoes and peas and biscuits for the nice gravy that the brisket made. I put a salt/pepper rub on it, then sliced onions over it and a can of Dawn Fresh Mushroom Steak Sauce (my secret ingredient) and cover it tightly with foil and slow roast it at 275 for about 3 hrs or longer depending on the size of the brisket, then thicken the liquid for a delicious gravy and it always turns out tasty and tender enough to cut with a fork.

I am asking more prayers for my brother. They were unable to do the procedure on his throat today, saying it was completely closed up with scar tissue, and now there is worry about his heart. He is to go back for xrays tomorrow and they are going to try to go in through his feeding tube, through his stomach and up into his throat on July 31st to try to open up his throat so he can finally swallow. He is getting so tired. He has not had proper physical therapy and his knees don't want to work any more. He has been bedridden and on a feeding tube since last November. I do not have a good feeling about it as he is getting tired and stubborn and discouraged even though they got all the cancer. Today his face and neck swelled up like a balloon and he is very sick but still he insisted on coming home and they let him. My sister called and she is very worried but we don't know what to do. He walked for me when I was there and he let me take him driving twice and he sat out on the porch with me but he refuses to get out of the bed for her. Also she said suddenly his hearing is gone. He had super sensitive hearing and we had to talk softly around him, now suddenly he has the tv going at top volume and is telling her he can not hear her. I wonder if the radiation did that.
Well I'm sounding really down tonight but it is late and I did not sleep last night or so far tonight. tomorrow will be a better day. I did have lunch with my "lunch adventure group" that meets in austin once a month - it is surprising how many women there are out there who live alone and have no hobbies and few interests. They are all lovely women but I do wonder what they do all day every day.
My spinning class of last weekend was cancelled because they did not get enough people to sign up, but today I signed up at a gallery to learn encaustics. I seem to need to cover everything while I am visiting this planet. It will be on Aug 18 and I took the last space available so I know they will have the class. I hope to be able to write about it on my blog like I did the hand dyeing experience. I just love to learn new things. it thrills me like nothing else does. Except maybe a handsome man.

Nitey nite chickie poos.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Jul 19 2012 10:01:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  05:33:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers for my eye surgery. It went really well and I feel great. My eye is still dialated and will be probably until tomorrow. Thank goodness my left eye is my dominate one so I can still do just about everything. Next surgery for my left eye will be a different story. I guess I will just have to take advantage then of my not being able to see too well for a couple of days. DH will have to do the cooking. He made me a wonderful dinner last night. What a man!

I am praying for your brother as always Glenda. I think it is so good that you continue to learn new things. I also don't know what people do who are retired and have no hobbies or interests. I seem to try to do too many things. My mom didn't have any real hobbies but she had so many animals that she was busy until she was in her late 80's. She did read a lot though.

I am praying for rain for you all who are in need. I think we all have to put on our Indian outfits and go out and do some rain dances. Also, the heat is getting pretty bad for some of us.

Marianne I laughed when I read that you left the oven on. I have done that so many times.

I have an appointment with the eye doctor today. Guess he wants to look in my huge pupil and see how he did.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.

Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  07:54:16 AM  Show Profile
So much going on, please forgive if I don't respond to each post. I try to jot down on a note pad a few reminders as I read through.

Janet thanks for posting the laudry soap. I will have to try it. I have always used liquid because of our hard water but now that I have a water softener I will try the powder.

Laurie - I love the idea of the dryer sachets. I will have to look for the makes of some since I don't grow my own lavender. about how many times does it last?

For those of you tring to learn to back up trailers. I good way to practice is to use a lawn tractor with a wagon on the back. That is how my boys and I learned. smaller vehicles but the same principles.

Nancy - so glad to hear the eye thing went well. milk it for all you can. that is want I am doing with my back. I got Hubby to stay home today and help get things ready for the kids coming.

I have banana muffins cooking, bread in the machine kneading so I can make some hot dog buns. Oh did I forget to mention I have about 20 people coming for a hot dog dinner to see my son and his family. He is in the Army and has been stationed in kansas and is back closer in Alabama for a while.

I smell the muffins, I better go and check be fore the burn.

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Farmgirl #4284
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  08:43:45 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!
My goodness, such scary and sad news out of Colorado this am! Thoughts and prayers for all affected!

Nancy-so glad to hear things went well. Enjoy the rest and pampering for a few days!
Glenda- good thoughts and many prayers for your brother and family. Please keep us posted on things
Marianne- I have left oven on and one a burner on! Senior moments!! Lol!
Nancy OO- muffins sound good! I love baking bread, haven't done it for awhile tho

I just made some of the liquid laundry soap. Love it so far.....want to add some lavender essential oil to it for a pretty scent. Love the dryer sachet idea too!

Taking care of my back for a day has helped. Spasms easing each am, thank the Lord!!
Has helped me get more done on my cross stitch! He he he!

Well, hoping everyone has a good day today! Ladies, thank you for letting me pop in /out to visit and share with you!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  08:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I am so glad you are doing well. Keep that sweet hubby busy pampering you as long as you can....altho I already know he is sweet and wonderful all the time.
Linda, glad your back is better. It's no fun is it. I could barely get off the couch last night to get to the bed, had to get up at 3 and take more ibuprophen, and this morning I have no pain. The only thing that happened is the weather changed, a little cool front came in. I guess that was it. My body is a better predictor of weather than the weather guessers on the tv.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support for me duing this time with my brother. He does not have many friends and is so sad.

The idea of backing up the little tractor/mower with a little trailer to get the concept is a great one!!! thanks for that.
I am going to try that laundry soap as soon as I can.

Happy Anniversary Mariylyn! Have a wonderful day.

I go back home this afternoon and then off to Florida on Monday.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  09:34:26 AM  Show Profile
Glenda? Could we send him a card? Or postcard that reflects something from our various states? What themes of things that might bring a much needed smile?
Let us know!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  10:35:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Just checking in.

Went to bed last night with rain softly falling only to wake up to find out we got 3" of rain overnight. Parts of Baltimore (where my daughter lives - bout 1/2 hour away) flooded so bad they're closing off many streets & news shows cars washing away.

Haven't we gotten funny weather lately or am I the only one who notices? I mean...for instance...her it is middle of July & my garden has already given me 31 pints of green beans & so many tomatoes that I will have spaghetti sauce for the year as well as all the salsa & dried tomatoes I already have. I started more green beans (much to Jenny's horror!) and they are already 4 or 5 inches tall!! I only planted 3 zucchini plants & 3 yellow crook neck squash, but have frozen bags of both & given away tons. My pumpkins are growing like crazy - now that I've given them a nice big spot to spread out in. I grow the little sugar pumpkins -like 5-6 lbs. Banana peppers (that I did not plant) about 3 pints frozen in small baggies & jalapeno peppers also frozen the same. I planted 4 Butternut squash plants & so far I've counted 7 large squashes growing & solid and several more tiny ones trying to get started! It must be the chickens. All the leftovers from their coop get scratched around in the garden. Course, we get a couple a great tasting brown eggs every day too.

Chickens don't like the rain and let me know - loudly! Speaking of which, I better go clean out their coop and put in some dry shavings for them or the noise will only get louder.

Janet - thanks for the soap recipe. I have another one, but I think I'll try both.

Marianne - glad Mollie is doing better. I'll bet you're relieved.

Glenda - prayers to you and your brother. Hope it all works out ok.

Nancy - glad to hear your eye operation went well. Hope dr gives your eyes a clean bill of health.

My shoulder operation is Aug 16th for those who wanted to know.

Later sisters. Prayers to everybody today!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  3:01:51 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, so glad to hear your procedure went well and that you are feeling good. I agree with Linda, take all the pampering you can get!

Nancy00, so sorry to hear your back is griping at you, too. Glad you have a helpful hubby because dinner for 20 sounds like quite a bit of work. Just think how much better your back will feel when you lay eyes on your son and his family. Enjoy!!

Linda, back spasms or any kind of muscle spasm is the body's way to keep you from moving or using the muscles you were using so that they can rest and repair. I am glad to hear that the rest is working towards the repair in your case. And it is always nice to get some Xstitch done! Please let me know how adding essential oil to the laundry detergent works for you.

The movie mess in Colorado is just crazy. How do people get the idea to do such things. I guess some of the movie goers thought it was part of the movie. Over 70 people were hit...my gosh.

Kathy, I agree that it seems the weather has changed for everyone. I don't think we can count on normal or average any longer. Everyone is either cooler, hotter, wetter or drier but quite a bit. Plus, tornados in places we don't usually have them and droughts, too. We are definitely having a climate change. But how nice that you are enjoying such a bounty this year. Lucky you!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  8:31:15 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, so glad your eye surgery went well. Only one more to go, then you'll be good as new.
Glenda, prayers for your brother. It has to be hard on all of you.
Marianne, that is great news that Molly is improving. Let's hope it is all cleared now.
Laurie, I need to try that with the sachets in the dryer. Bet it smells good.
Nancy00, banana muffins sound so good, and home made buns. I love the smell of bread baking.
Kathy, you got alot of rain. We only got drops. Our grass is brown and no longer needs mowing for awhile.
It got down to 44 degrees last night, 75 this afternoon. The humidity is down, so it feels so good now.
Forgive me if I missed some of you. Tired and ready for bed.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  02:15:02 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone heard from Kathryn lately?
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  05:25:22 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your well wishes. I truly love you all.

Take care of those backs. Having back troubles makes everything one does so difficult.

Linda I like your idea of sending Glenda's brother a card. He might like having a card shower to let him know he is cared for. It must be so hard struggling to be well and not having friends. Can we do it, Glenda?
Rest that back, girl. Back pain, to me, is one of the worst pains.

Kathryn are you out there? We are thinking about you.

I am so saddened to think that we cannot go to the movies and know we are safe. I don't know why shooting people gives these crazy people so much satisfaction. And why would someone take their small children to a movie at 12 midnight? And they say we seniors don't know anything. Hmmmmmm

I made a recipe using kolrabi last night but didn't like it much. I prefer my veggies kind of plain. DH thought the recipe tasted okay. It wasn't worth all the work it took to make. Just steam the veggies and add a little butteris what I like. We had chicken and lima beans too.

I have to go and put those drops in my eye now. I am going to eat my breakfast and have another cup of coffee.

Hugs to you all.

Nancy

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  05:27:13 AM  Show Profile
Kathy I will be praying for you and your shoulder surgery on Aug. 16th. Only a few weeks away.

Nancy

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  06:00:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!
So good that some of you are getting rain!! It's been unusually dry and super hot here! Think today is suppose to be 110!! Ugh!

A card shower would be nice!!! What do you think, Glenda? We would like to let him know he is thought of and prayed for!

The Colorado tragedy is so very horrible! Thoughts and prayers to all! 2 of my kids went to see it yesterday and they are keeping cops in the theatre to deter copy cats! Very sad! Makes you think to hug extra and know how fragile life can be?!

Well, I've been up awhile now. Guess its time for some coffee and a shower!

Hope to get to the farmers mkt for a few veggies this am. And a trip to our 'Spice Merchant ' store. Ladies you would love this place! Bulk spices, tea, coffee! The aromas alone are great! Get coffee there and other odds and ends! They also sell imported food stuff, dishware, APRONS!! Lol!
It's a lovely store.

Well, hope everyone has a great morning! Thank you for the good thoughts and wishes! As we get older we sure do have our daily crazy health things don't we??
Check in later and see how everyone's doing!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Jul 21 2012 06:05:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  11:16:20 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PATTY. WE KNOW YOU ARE BUSY - BUT WANT TO SAY, ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY!

I am so very sad about the Colorado tragedy. I just don't know what to say.

We are in Oakhurst for 9 days. We got here around 12:30 a.m. last night. It is already very warm. DH will be backpacking with a group of guys starting Monday and returning Friday.

Gypsy, have fun ... Meigan will be enchanted. Enjoy your trip. I hope Nancy gave you my message about the pool boys at the hotel. You have plenty already!

Nancy - glad you flew through with a successful surgery. Kisses.

Will keep banging on the gates for John David. Of course, he's sick and tired of being sick and tired! I've just wanted to cry during personal pity parties for a whole lot less than what he's gone through. There is no way he is "looking forward" to more stuff - that said, he's a fighter ... and, hopefully, what he can look forward to is "life after this." Prayers.

Penny, thank you so much for the new list. I have updated mine and will try to be better about keeping on track in the future. The key word here is "try."

Dianne, no relation to anyone named Nelson, but the sagging eyelid isn't really bad. However, the dr said I compensate by opening my eyes wide ... which can cause headaches -- and - oh, the horror! - extra forehead wrinkles! Bangs, baby, bangs! I go in. I think, 8/7 for another evaluation.

Kathy, your crop sounds wonderful! Envy.

Marianne -- even though you had a frittata that was, shall we say, overbaked -- it still sounded like it would have been really, really good. I think I'll try your recipe.

Guess I'll sit outside and have my coffee before it gets too toasty out there. Have a great weekend, all.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  11:42:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi All!

Nancy, my son lives in New Port Richie, Fl. I'm not sure if that's by you.

Janet, Thank you for the laundry soap recipe! It is different than the ones I have, I'll try it. Thanks again! I think I need to move north more. Ypour weather sounds wonderful right now!

Nancy00, the lavender bags last for at least 10 loads, but the great thing about it is that all you have to do is add more dried lavender to the bag to freshen it up. I grow my own lavender, but co-ops & other natural food store also carry dried lavender.

Linda, Have you tried white willow & devils claw for your back? White willow is a pain reliver (asprin) & devils claw is an anti-inflammitory. Tincture of lobelia works wonders for muscle spasms. You can almost see the muscle relax when you apply it!

Glenda, my thought & prayer are with you & your brother.

Thanks for letting me know where I can get the birthday list!!

I'm working this weekend so better get ready.

Laurie Jean #4200
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  6:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, it was another muggy day today. We need rain so bad. I am now watering the lawn, which is a large area, but I am tired of looking at brown. We had 2 cooler days, which were such a wonderful relief, but now back to the hot and muggy. Yuck!!!
Sounds like everyone is healing somewhat. Stay cool a hydrated,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  7:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Laurie ,
Thank you! I'm big on herbs over traditional stuff! Will look into all those!

Happy Bday Patty!
Kathy- will be keeping good thoughts for your surgery

Had a good day! DD and I got some much needed grocery shopping done before the extreme heat hit!
Rented a movie called 'This is War'. Cute movie!

Hope everyone had a good day! And enjoys their evening! Nite!

Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Jul 21 2012 7:08:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  7:58:14 PM  Show Profile
hello everybody--gee whiz--does anybody not have back issues? My whole family seems to, and everybody over the age of 50 it seems. Well, I hate to even bring this up but the reason I was in Austin this week was to go to the chiropractor for my back Mon Wed and Fri, he felt 3 times this week would get me in pretty good shape. Also I got a massage yesterday before I went in to him for my adjustment. Now I know a lot of people don't believe in chiropractors but I do. This guy was helping me. Well, yesterday he pushed a little too hard and dislocated a rib. Hurt like the blue blazes. He is more upset than I am. I am now wearing a tight corset type thing to hold my ribs in place for a few days. Of course I am going to get on a plane in 2 days and be walking around Disney world for a week. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. He gave me his cell phone number and said if I needed help he would find me a doctor in Orlando to go to. He felt really bad about it so I couldn't get too upset.
In addition, I just bought a new battery for my good computer which wasn't cheap, and today after I got back out in the country, it went out. so I am back to this little notebook computer which has a mind of its own. Does anybody know what makes it jump around and suddenly start typing in a different place, or am I the only one who has this problem. if I hit two keys together, or even too close to the same time, it jumps to a different place. and sometimes it does it for no apparent reason.

Am I the only one wondering what our darling Darlys is going to do to entertain herself while her hubby is off with his pals this week and would it have anything to do with pool boys and lemonaide....I'm just sayin......

Thanks all of you for your prayers and concerns about my brother. I will be glad to give his address to anyone who would like to send him a card, but gosh, we already are talking about how hard it is to keep up with all the birthdays, etc. so I sure don't expect it. I appreciate you gals more than I can say.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  9:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
page 316

Just wanted to jump on and say hi....

Glenda, I am so sorry to hear about your ribs....bless your heart you have been through so much...you are in my prayers...Love you....I also will keep your brother in my prayers, my brother is not fairing well with this round of Chemo...I'm not sure he will pull through this time...so if you all don't mind keep him in your prayers...thanks

Linda, I with you and Laura, love the herb things...I can't find the sachet for the dryer, I looked so if Laura sees this hope she will post it again. What is that movie about...I love cute movies?

Well hope everyone is doing good, My BIL house(my ex's brother, but still love them like family) house burnt down this week, I'm going tomorrow to take some clothes and house hold stuff. They lost everything...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page