rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  11:26:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear! Glenda, I remember being about ten and my mother had a rib that pulled away from the rib wall. Even the doctor acknowledged that it is more painful that a broken rib any day of the week. And won't a tight corset make the heat and humidity of Florida more comfortable for you. You poor thing. Everytime I complain about the skip-typing on my laptop, my dh says I am hitting some keystroke that is a shortcut or macro for moving the cursor...doesn't make me feel better either.

Penny, how did I miss that your brother was also going through chemo. Added to my prayers... And thanks, I thought I was the only one who missed the dryer sachet posting.

I got LOTS of ironing done today. Aren't you all jealous? We had a break in the heat and it was wonderful to not have to close up the house so early in the day and start the AC. Didn't do that until about 4pm.

Dh and I got a bunch of raspberries picked and freezer jam will be made in the morning. Yay!

Sleep tight!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  09:49:51 AM  Show Profile
Penny, I am so sorry about your brother. Chemo is horrible. My first cousin just finished hers and tests found more cancer cells but she says she wont do it again. Prayers for your brother and for your BIL. A short time ago you were struggling to make ends meet and I know you have not had time to recover from that, yet you give what you have to your BIL. You are an angel.

Marianne would you ask your DH if there is a way to disable macros--it is such a pain that I resort to one finger typing. I was going to try to do the virtual thing on my blog for the disney adventure but this keyboarrd is impossible. And Ironing?? I hear some people actualy like to iron.
I would settle for just getting the laundry caught up right now, wrinkles and all.
Well looks like I'm not going to get a rise out of Darlys about the pool boy joke--she's probably not on her computer up there.
We also are getting a few breaks in the weather, some lovely showers when normally it is just hot and hotter.
Marianne, raspberry jam!! Not jealous about the ironing, but rasberry jam!!(mouth watering)
have a fabulous day gfs

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  09:53:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Y'all!
Glenda, I am so sorry to here about your ribs (& back)! I hope it is better soon.

Penny, my prayers are with you & your brother. A couple years ago, my brother & my father had cancer. My brother had chemo & radiation, my dad didn't. They both passed within 6 months of each other. Cancer is so aweful!! Again, my thoughts & prayers are with you.
For the lavender dryer sachets: I have used the cotton 3"X5" reusable bags with a drawstring top (same ones that you can use for making teas, etc,) or you can make your own bag, then fill it with dried lavender. To freshen up after several loads, add more lavender. The bags seem to last for many months.

One more evening shift this weekend & then a day off Yeah! I hope I don't sleep the whole day away:) This one is only an 8hr. Friday & Saturday were 16 hr ones.
Better get ready,

Laurie Jean #4200
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  10:54:54 AM  Show Profile
Glenda, big bummer about your ribs! I hope you can still enjoy your travels. I'll be sending you some good thoughts.

Daryl's may be busy with the pool boy, that's why you haven't heard anything for a while... :}

Penny I'll be praying for your brother. There is just too much cancer in this world.

Patty, happy birthday! Hope you have a good one.

I spent a fun day in my sewing room yesterday. I made myself an iPad case. I'm thinking of making a bunch and selling them on my etsy site.

Oops it's upside down...sorry

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  11:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone for the prayers for my brother and for me. this is the second round of chemo for my brother and this time they doubled the amount of drugs....

Laurie, I added you to the birthday list and sent you the whole list and updates to everyone else, if you are on our list and not getting updates please email me so I can check and make sure I have you on my group list....I just found one that I had forgotten to add to the group email list I have...sorry...don't want to leave anyone out....and if you aren't on the list and would like to be just email me your birthday(including year) and address and I will be happy to add you....

Glenda, thanks for the sweet words, just cause I divorced his brother doesn't mean I don't still love the family....I believe that helping other's is what GOD wants me to do...so I try to help with the little I have.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, we are still stuggling but things are better than they were....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jul 22 2012 11:28:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  12:09:39 PM  Show Profile
I little peace and quite after a very hurried weekend visit from son and family. but my frist little granddaughter is worth all the trouble. gracelyn is almost 2.5 and is the cutest, of course.

Sorry to hear of all the pains and cancer etc that ya'll are having. I said some prayers as I was reading through all the posts.

Now I have to get some laundry done and back my bags for a week of scrap booking with several girls from church. I will have my laptop and peeking in once in a while don't know hope much posting I will be doing though.

Keep Hubby, Jimmy in your prayers he was called out a big brush fire in a neighboring county. He will probabley be late tonight. (yes Nancy, in Western Nassua county)

HOpe everyon had a great week and will have an even better next week.

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Farmgirl #4284
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  1:08:28 PM  Show Profile
Trying to catch up on all the posts, we cut our camping trip a little short, it was horribly hot and river too crowded to actually float.

I use basically the same laundry soap recipe as Janet, but in addition mine has one tub of OxyClean (or store brand of same). We really like the way it cleans.
Much to do in putting camping stuff away - will be back and chatting later!!

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  4:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I do not know what company does not heat their honey. I would think some small local producer would be best. Maybe Craig's list would have somebody if you ask. Before we had our own I would buy it at the Coop and even they had it set on a heated pad so it would flow out of the container at a quicker rate.

One of our cats named Birdseed who is a tortoise shell is prone to blood in her urine but not a UTI. We did the whole test her bladder and kidneys. So, all of our cats are on Healthwise orange bag because we put out the food for them to free feed.

Back spasms are no fun to live with. I remember many years ago now throwing hay bales into the garden for mulch I had tossed ten or so and number eleven put me to my knees. I had an awful time getting down from the back of the truck and then just to make it to the front of the Toyota. I called the children to help me walk. I sat on the couch for a week. The children were so worried and helpful. they might all complain about too many chores but when push comes to shove they do their part. So, all of you with back issues take it easy. That cold pad sounds wonderful to use. I could use it some nights for the night sweats.

Tonight we sold ten turkeys. We are left with eleven birds and that is more than enough for us and all those we gift to and the food shelf we donate too. It will cut our grain bill in half.

Today was a lovely day. Temperatures were in the seventies with a good breeze. Cool enough to work outside. I was digging holes for fence posts and noticed that the ground more than three inches down is wet. My beans are growing and I noticed a couple of flowers so soon we will be freezing too. I hope so.

I have been brush hogging someone in town's fields for them . Their property is 18 acres and four are in lawn. I have about half done. I am doing it in the evenings so I do not get home until late.

I am glad that your eye feels good, Nancy. I hope when the dilation goes down that you will be able to see to sew and read.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  4:43:22 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The previous post was from last night but it would not secure itself to the forum. I am glad that I typed it onto my write email before trying to post so I did not lose it.

Today was in the eighties with a low humidity and a nice breeze. We put the wire on the chicken pen so they can go outside now. I still need to put the netting over the top so they will not fly out and the hawks can not get in. They are the right size for a quick snack.

I mowed the lawn in the front of the house. It is not really a lawn more of a field. It had many chicory flowers on it and I was sad to mow them down but it does look neater when mowed. I still have some to do . It may be the only time it is mowed this summer. lol The cows do graze on it but there are certain tall plants they will not eat.

I hope Penny that your finances will ease sooner than later. I have been worried about your ability to pay your land taxes. I do not know how they work in your neck of the woods but here if you get behind sometimes it is almost hopeless trying to catch up. and your name and the amount is published in the town's annual report.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  6:23:35 PM  Show Profile
Today was yet another hot and humid day, but this afternoon there was a breeze, so bearable. I vacuumed out the car and washed the outside by hand, then been watering the lawn and gardens agaiin. I gave them a good soaking last night, but they were stil dry today. Hope this will be it for manual watering. They will all thank me in the morning.
Holly, my, seems you never stop!!!! You are such a hard worker.
Penny, prayers being sent to your brother. I know that is so hard to go through seeing someone you love go through all those terrible treatments. I am glad you have weekends off.
Glenda, I hope your rib heals fast. Sounds very painful. Just what you need on vacation.
Marianne, I do not like to iron in the summer, I wait until have to do it. I used to love to iron when it was raining, but now that I am older, not so much, plus we get rain at the darndest times now, if any. Raspberry jam sounds so good.
Laurie, I am going to try the lavender in the dryer. Does it make all the clothes smell like lavender?
Bunny, looks like you are having fun in the basement sewing. Bet it is cooler down there also. You are such a good sewer. Love all that you make.
Nancy00, How nice to have a visit with your GD. They are so cute at that age. Have fun with your scrapbooking retreat. Sounds like fun.
Connie Sue, sorry you had to cut your camping trip short. No fun if you cannot enjoy the great outdoors. Hopefully you will be able to go again when it is not so hot.
Well, gotta get out and put the hose away. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  05:41:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs...sorry, I have been mia for a while...life is so busy this time of year, but it should never be toooo busy for visiting with friends.

Oh, Glenda, hurt ribs...I am so sorry....be easy with yourself...no chasing pool boys and such!!!
Penny, bless you and your family. Life's trials are so hard sometimes.
Love to iron and to hang clothes on the line....congrats, Marianne!
Oh, Holly, I realize the work never ends this time of year, but take care of yourself.

Salsa to can this morning....and NO I don't eat it with chips! Hehehe....I use it in the winter in my soups and chili!!! Hehehe.....

Did anybody miss me? See ya's later!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  07:14:07 AM  Show Profile
We all missed you Marylyn we were about to send out the farmgirl police. NancyOO have fun on your scrapbooking adventure and take lots of pics to share. Holly you are working far too hard. I will let you know how that cool wrap thing works--I will be putting it to the test starting tomorrow. Bunny your ipad case is so pretty. you do have the prettiest fabrics. have you thought about online classes for a fee? a lot of the artists and dollmakers do that. Penny it turns out that all my farmgirl notices were going in the trash and now suddenly they are not--I didn't change any settings so dont know what happened but I am getting all the emails and notices of topics i had subscribed to now i think. Connie Sue do you watch the Junk Gypsies on HGTV? i just discovered them and they did a show on redoing an old airstream--it was so interesting. jan, linda, kathy, all of you thank you so much for all your prayers for me and my brother. i dont know why he has had such a terrible setback but he is not doing well at all. maybe it has just been too much for too long. i wish i were not going on this trip but i am commiitted. Nancy annielaurel i hope you are doing ok with your eye and that sweet hubby is still pampering you--you deserve it. and my dear sister darlys if you are peeking in, i'm thinking about you and hoping you are nice and cool somewhere all relaxed with a cold glass of lemonaide and maybe a pool boy giving you a foot massage.
have a wonderful week everybody.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  08:04:07 AM  Show Profile
I am finally home to stay for a few days. The county fair went well. The crowds were way down due to the heat and thoses who worked their butts off had a few "melt downs" which was understandable. My garden tours and trip to the zoo were fun, even though I was cooked, boiled, BBQd and washed in heavy humidity.

I have a niece by marriages (hers and mine) who lost her brother in a plane crash last week. He was a crop duster. He and his family lived on a farm north of us and we have known John since he was in elementary school. When he would fly over our acreage he always tipped his wings at Darwin. Please pray for Jody and her family. He was 38, left a wife and 3 beautiful children. One youngest is only 6 months old. Sad. Very sad. Please remember the Larson families in your prayers.

I am doing ok. I want to spend some time sewing and painting the pasement trim this week. I was out at 6 this morning and it was already 87 degrees. I will try to water again towards evening.

taa taa ladies. Love to all
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  08:22:34 AM  Show Profile
Sorry everyone is wilting in the terrible heat. I bet quite a few fairs are going to suffer for it. The big one in California is always in Sacramento and it was 109 yesterday.

Glenda, I would love to make money doing online classes but I'm not even selling any fabric or stuff I have been making. I find sewers are a pretty cheap bunch and getting them to pay for anything is tough. I'm starting to lose hope. I'm probably going to take down my bunnyroseco shop. It costs me money every month and I don't make sales to make up for it. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I think most people look at stuff and either find it cheaper somewhere else or figure it is something they can make themselves. Kinda bummed. But time to move on and try something different.

Connie, sorry your camping trip was cut short. This heat is messing up a lot of summer activities it seems. I think people will be replanning outings for cooler times of the year from now on.

Marilyn, good thinking on the salsa. So many great ways to use it in recipes.

Well, I'm teaching a kids sewing class all week. Wish me luck. Thankfully I only have three students. Last year they ran me ragged. I even had one girl Put the sewing machine needle trough her finger. But I'm making some much needed money. We should have fun.

Later all.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  09:37:42 AM  Show Profile
Ahhh, Thelma, my thoughts, prayers, and sympathies to your family....so young. A crop-duster was killed around here a couple of years ago....I did not know him, but I saw him fly all the time so did feel connected....I am so sorry.

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  09:41:31 AM  Show Profile
Just sent DH off on his backpacking adventure ... been up since the wee hours. No pool boys, no foot massage, no lemonade. At least not at the moment. Going back for a nap. Later, everyone.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  09:48:06 AM  Show Profile
But before I close my eyes -- I just want everyone to know that you are all wrapped in my prayers with love and hope for healing - bodies and hearts. And I will try to touch on each need when I return to cyberspace this evening. Blessings

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  10:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Thelma, so sorry for your family's loss. Such a tragedy. Prayers being sent to the family and all the knew him.
Darlys, good to see you back with us. We were wondering if you were kidnapped by that poolboy you have been hiding.
It is 90 degrees here now, unheard of around here, especially to have so many hot days in a row, the whole country seems to be suffering from the heat. I just made a big jug of lemodade and another one of iced tea. Where my hubby works it gets to 130 degrees in there and they cannot have air. He works in a plastic formng plant and the heat from the machines is horrific. I do feel for him in all this heat.
Looks like I may have to water again tonight. It is drying up as fast as I water. 5 1/2 hours yesterday, and the day before and it still looks dry. I do not want to lose my garden that I worked so hard at.
Will post more later, have to finish up laundry. Stay cool and hydrated,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  12:39:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I am back in regular mode today - busy with online Weight Watchers work and tomorrow I lead 3 meetings.

Holly, I LOVE hearing about Vermont, as I sit here in sweltering Texas. My DH and I are saving $$ - our 30th anniversary present to ourselves is a 2 week driving trip through upper New England in early/mid October of 2013. I have wanted to go there all my life, and we will finally make it happen. Don't exactly know how all the finances will fall in place, but we will go!! I already have been checking out books from the library, and my sister and her husband did this trip a couple years ago. They stayed on all back roads, stayed in small inns and B&B's so she has some tips for us too. Our anniverary is actually in late November, but we figure we will have a better chance of seeing good leaf color if we go early.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  5:13:59 PM  Show Profile
Just stopping in for a hello and a couple of new pictures.
First are a couple of pictures of my baby climbing rose just next to the gate. Roses on the inside, dogs on the outside.

Flowers floating on water waiting to be pressed.

And the last of my cupcake flowers before I ran around the neighborhood giving them away so we wouldn't be tempted!

Hope you don't mind all the pic posts...I just like to share.

I have to tell you all about the rain we had this past Friday night. Well, it rained. When I went out to check on the chickens, the coop was drenched and the girls were as mad as....well, you got it already I'll bet. Anyway, Jenny & I ran around like crazy people, trying to come up with alternative housing. We grabbed the dog's wading pool, wrapped it around with some heavy chicken wire type wire stuff I use for climbing my peas on; put the cat carrier in it, scattered about 3" of pine shavings on the bottom of the pool; hung a drip-water pot on the side and plopped the girls in. We also had to drape a couple of table clothes around the sides to keep the dogs from pestering them too much and another over the top just in case one of the girls decided to fly. After living in the 'chicken palace' for so long, being cooped up (just in time for a pun) wasn't all to much fun for them. I kept pulling up grasses for them to snack on & Jenny kept giving them crackers and we eventually got two eggs by evening. We covered them up completely overnight. Hubby and I think we fixed the problem, but will have to wait for the next rain to see. They were sure happy to get back in their coop with a couple of buckets full of fresh peat moss to roll around in. We got no eggs yesterday, but got two today.

I got all my laundry washed & hung out to dry in the nice wind we got today.....got all my carpets shook out and floors swept. Windows cleaned, a couple of days of dinners in the freezer for later. I just want to sleep well tonight before starting it all over again.

Prayers to everybody who needs them and love to you all.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  5:19:29 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, so sad about your niece's brother. I will pray for your family. Sounds like he was a wonderful young man who loved his work.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  5:24:41 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Thelma- I read in Dear Abby once that when there is a death in the family of an income earner there is a lapse in time between the death and any insurance payout. This was true when our friend MaryK 's husband died. If Jody will be having trouble making ends meet until the insurance comes in and I hope that they had insurance I would be willing to send a little money to help along. This is tragedy.
Did you enter your fairy garden in the fair?

Connie Sue- Leaf color is so dependant on the weather. It is most brilliant after a hard frost but then it rains and the leaves fall to the ground. It is beautiful when we have a dark cloud cover . It is bright when we have a clear blue sky. Let me know if you decide to go through our fair state's capital. We live 12 miles north and would be glad to visit.

It is thundering and lightning and finally raining. I hope it rains all night long. My Jerusalem Artichokes were wilting in the heat. Temperatures were in the nineties today with a breeze. The next few days are supposed to be in the seventies and low eighties with low humidity.

the nice chicken pen we finished over the weekend was very inviting to the %$#@ cows. They walked through one side yesterday evening and ate about 30 pounds of chicken grain. So, this morning I buttoned that up. This afternoon Ferdinand who will be steak in the fall and his younger sister pushed at the gate until it opened and hopped in. We tried to chase them out through the gate but being cows and not being very bright they ran through the fence. We used 5 foot chicken fencing. The gate is an opening that has a solid piece of wood about 18 inches high and then a door on top of it. make sense? I started putting the wall at the bottom of the gate because the ground would be uneven and break the gate opening and shutting it. I can step over it.

Spent a lot of the day in front of the fan.

Anyone heard from Ginny? or Clumboy Chris?

for supper we had salad with barbecue sauce turkey. I found a half turkey in the freezer and boiled it. I am getting so good at thinking up tasty salads these hot days. Most of the ingredients except the cheese we grew here.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Jul 23 2012 5:32:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  5:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, sounds like those poor girls ran you ragged to help them out. Nice of them go give up a couple of eggs for your efforts. Hope you can get them all settled again.

Well, I only had one girl show up for sewing class today. The other two will be there tomorrow. Unfortunately now they won't be doing the same thing at the same time. I'll be running circles again this year to keep them going. They are making a small lap quilt and 12 year olds cannot sew two fabrics together in a straight line. I look away for a minute and everything's a mess. Then they have an attitude when therapy have to use the seam ripper. The little girl today was so intense. No smiles or fun. I had to tell her the same thing over and over....and do it in a light "happy" way so as not to upset her. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

I do so much better with adults.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  5:26:40 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, we love pictures. Don't worry about sending too many of those. Beautiful flowers, by the way. You have the funniest stories with your adventures. It cracks me up!!!!
I am so miserable in this heat, and my oxygen level has been low, but I do not want to use my O2 during the day. Bad enough at night. Supposed to cool down on Wednesday. We shall see. They said that before and it cooled down for one day, then back to the heat again. Is it autumn yet? Oh well, only 3 more weeks here before it starts cooling down for the season.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  5:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Good evening again,

I go to post and up pop three new posts. It is interesting that three or four of us are online at the same time. I do not know how to set up a chat room. anyone?

Flowers are very pretty.

Jan We usually only have two weeks of really hot weather. This hot weather has been going on and on. I would think everyone has their hay in by now. I have not been driving around to see if a second cutting is growing. The corn is getting very tall. I bet the humiduty does wreak havoc on your breathing.

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page