Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  09:25:50 AM  Show Profile
Marianne, my iPad spellchecked your name...to "marriage" what the @&$¥. Anyway..sorry about that.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  09:31:49 AM  Show Profile
Forgot about the interview.. The office is considering replacing someone. But I'm not sure I'm qualified for the position just yet. I told him I needed to finish school and had a year left. He said they may wait a year to do it. It would be a kick butt job... I would be really busy doing lots of different things. If I can keep up, it would be a wonderful opportunity. Just need more learnin. My mom told him I was just in the one year certificate program, but he liked the idea that I was going for an AA. He also said that if this doesn't work, he gets requests for referrals all the time. So he is a good person to know. Plus, he is on the board at the college. Time will tell where this goes.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  11:51:25 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - sounds like you have a plan, sister.

I wish I'd have had it all together when I was much younger. I only needed one more semester to have my AA. Alas, I got married then had 3 daughters one after another, while also struggling with a son from first marriage who was 6 years old when I remarried and didn't know until much later how much he hated not being the center of my whole world anymore. His resentment made the 90s hell in my home. Oh, my goodness......sometimes, when I start, I just don't stop. I should probably find a good psychologist.....you girls are just so much cheaper!

Marylyn - that dehydrator will be your best friend by end of summer. I run mine at night on the back porch. Much cooler that way. I dry all my own herbs, peppers, and now I'll dry tomatoes and onions to make into powder after I dry them really well. Jenny makes her own 'slim jims' with hamburger and spices, then it's gets squeezed through a tube and after 6 hours, we have home made jerkey. It's a good thing to know. That we know how to make our own food.

I was planing on sewing a new apron today, but got caught up in cleaning out an old closet full of water, canning jars I forgot I had and Christmas stuff. Jenny and I have been to Good Will 3 times and the back of my truck is right now full of another load.

Going out for a diet Pepsi now & to unload at the Good Will superstore, so, later sisters. Everybody who needs prayers will be getting them tonight.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  1:35:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi everybody. Well we are Disneyed out!!! Get on a plane tomorrow for home. I can read the posts. But very hard to reply on iphone. Gave up on the. Virtual trip thing. Too hard to do everything has been just crazy My brother is back in hospital. Very sick. Prayers appreciated

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6392 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6392 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  3:27:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh there has been so very much going on that I feel like I neglect my farmgirl friends, but I am here and think of all of you always.
Has been a rough summer but it will hopefully get better now with much needed rain. Car been in the shop more than I have had it and I miss my hubby:-( He has been gone 3 months fighting wildfires in AZ and I was planning on going to visit him next week for his two days off, well darn if they did not move them last Sunday to a remote part of Oregon. So, now not sure if we will be able to see each other"-( If not I will go visit my son who lives a couple hours from me for a few days and some much needed R & R.
So, thanks for understanding everyone that like all of you life gets in the way sometimes and we do the best we can.
Holly, my Sweet Pen Pal and Friend thank you so much for the wonderful birthday gift, I love the cookbook and will let you know when I master making bread and pie crust at altitude. (9000 feet) It is a challenge but I believe I can do it. Thank you again.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  5:11:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!
Gosh, I'm pretty far behind here. My thoughts are with you all!

Marylyn, You will love your dehydrator!! I am drying tomatoes & onions this week. Loved the oven canning for dry goods! Thank you!!

Kathy, The garage/workshop is looking great so far. Your flowers were beautiful!

Glenda, I am so sorry to here your bro' is back in the hospital. I will send thoughts his way.

I have been decluttering for the last month, so when I came across the saying about "getting distracted by all the cool stuff I find, I had to laugh! I think thats why this is taking me so long to do!! I just received my first badges also! I will be sending more in shortly. Fun!! I've contacted a chapter here in MN. I hope to be going & meeting them in a couple weeks. They're planning a glamping weekend in Sept. I'm working on going! I think that would be sooo much fun!

Better go for now,

Laurie Jean #4200

"I can't clean because... I get distracted by all the cool stuff I find"
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  6:00:22 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, gfs! It is a beautiful, dry, hot day in the Ozarks...we are now officially in the extreme drought conditions! But I was productive today...I oven canned 1/2 of what I purchased yesterday!!! I would have finished but I ran out of lids!!!! Eeepppsss! I have 9 quarts of flour, 9 quarts of cornmeal, 12 pints of dried beans, plus a gallon jar that I put dried beans in....but those are all done and put away. Now I have to wait for another trip to the bluff in a week or two. I refuse to make a special trip because the idea of this project is to save money, not make 60 mile trips because I didn't buy enough of something!

Laurie, I am so glad someone is utilizing this method to put food by. I wanted to ask you, if I dehydrate potatoes, do I have to cook them first? Or can I just slice them and put them in the machine? I would like to dehydrate some to use for casseroles.

Glenda, I am so praying for you and your brother....Awwww, Disney, I spent a lot of time there when they first opened in Florida...have I mentioned that I lived in Florida for 14 years? Well, there's probably a reason why I haven't....and that's all I've got to say about that...

Kathy, I love the idea about the slim jims, but it sounds like I would need another piece of equipment...I love making my own food. I found a recipe to make mozerella cheese today and it really didn't look that hard...and my mind goes racing!!!! Does anyone here make cheese?

Does anyone have any suggestions about dehydrating....and remember I know absolutely nothing about this machine, so be as specific as you like! Thanks!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  7:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick note tonight, my son came over for a visit and just left, and it is past my bed time. Glenda, am sending prayers your way for your brother, and also for the rest of your family. It has to be hard, I know. I am sure you will be happy to get back home. It is always good to go somewhere, but even better to get back home.
Marylyn, once you start using your dehydrator, you will soon be experimenting on your own. There is so much you can dry..
Laurie, decluttering sounds like you are ahead of fall cleaning. Something I need to do. I have piles of stuff to do, but too many things at once.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  7:34:49 PM  Show Profile
Wow - so much good kitchen information being posted this week. I am going to try oven canning in the very near future. I love my dehydrator. My favorite is dried apples sprinkeled with cinnamon sugar. We don't buy candy very often so the grands call my apples fruit candy and I can"t keep up with them. I am going to try Roma tomatoes as soon as they are ripe. Got our first 2 tomatoes today so won't be long until I am putting them up for winter use. I want to dry roast some of them just for fun. How do you gals dry onions? I didn't have much luck with them the first time I tried so didn't do it again. I will be putting up pickles again tomorrow.

I am back to working in the basement. I had my projects on hold till fall, but it is too hot outside and the basement is nice and cool. Today I painted the trim around 2 doors and the stair steps. This is the first time I have ever used porch paint. It is real easy to work with. Very thick, but very little dripping. Tomorrow I hope to get a second coat on. I also worked on my wildflower photo book this evening. This project is going rather slowly because of the research involved to make sure I have the right name on the right plants.

I am also working on my intermediate badge for photography. Since there is no farm gal group in my area. Would you gals mind if I post a picture once in awhile. I think I need to report on 10 photos.

Glenda I am so sorry to hear your brother is back in the hospital. I pray he isn't to much pain.

Marylyn - look in the info manual that came with your dehydrator. There should be plenty of ideas there. I dried some of my flowers this spring. It was a fun project, but I still prefer to press them in old books.

Taa taa little chickie poos. Rest well for tomorrow will be another busy day for all of us.

Edited by - Thelma on Jul 31 2012 7:39:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  7:51:04 PM  Show Profile
this is a picture of the old windmill on our acreage. I took it from the deck.

Ok I am going to remember how to do this. giggle. I had such a time last spring I thought I would never forget the posting process.

Edited by - Thelma on Jul 31 2012 7:53:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  7:55:07 PM  Show Profile
One last try
Windmill picture

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - Thelma on Jul 31 2012 7:56:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  8:23:35 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, glad to here you are detoxing from Disney ... just kidding. So sorry your brother has taken a turn for the worse. Are you leaving to see him immediately? You must be exhausted.

Laurie, you have jumped right in with your badge earning!! Great job.

Debbie, it is so nice to hear from you. That really is disappointing to miss the visit with dh. Any word when he might make it home? Of course, you will enjoy the visit with your son, but still ...

Bunny, I know you could do that job. And so does everyone else. They like you there and I bet they will work around your energy level to have a quality employee. You have already proven yourself it seems. I hope it works out. Is this your last year of school? Bet it hurt your feelings that your mom got your program wrong. I would have been hurt. But, you end up looking very industrious in the gentleman's eyes and I guess that is what counts!

((HOLLY)) shouted through cupped hands ... where are you? I miss ya, kiddo. Hope all is fine.

have a good evening, gfs
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  9:40:39 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, thank you so much for the beautiful card and cute wallet. I will be using it for sure. I was so surprised! Hope to see Your pictures.

Glenda, so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he is going to be Ok. I will say a prayer for him.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  05:19:28 AM  Show Profile
I am waiting for more rain today. It is so humid here right now.

Glenda I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I continue to pray for him. He has been through so much and now this.

I will probably be going up to MA to visit my FIL this coming week. His heart is failing and he will not live much longer. He is 93 and has just been released from the hospital. My eye surgery is Thursday so I shall be okay for next week. My MIL is 94 and has Alzheimer's so this will be very hard on her. I don't know what will happen with her as she needs someone with her all the time. I hate to see her go into a home. There are 5 children so they could get her home care.

Kathy your workshop is spendid and the flowers so beautiful.

Thelma you have been working so hard on the basement. Post pictures when you can. I still have problems posting pics sometimes so I know how frustrating it can be. Keep trying.

My GD, Kelly, who does the henna tatoos just sent me the one she did on my "paper hand" that I sent to her. I am posting it so you can see how well it looks. I am going to frame it. She has been studying art since she was 5 years old. She is now at college studying to work in the police department on forensics.

My prayers for you all. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  05:27:03 AM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  06:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Thelma, I am sure you will get your pictures posted soon. It does get frustrating when you cannot load them.
Nancy, love the hand. Someone was doing henna tattoos here during sidewalk sales. Very interesting and artistic. And to know that is is all organic and temporary.
Looks like a nice day here today, around 80, but pleasant when the humidity is low. Our evenings have been cool, down to 48 last night, makes alot of dew, but less watering and the grass is turning green again.Our lawn is full of acorns. They started falling a month ago, so that is telling me that we are in for an early autumn. Hope the winter is not too harsh.
Have a wonderful funfilled day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  08:00:13 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

Would you all please pray for Michael he is the 4 year old son of a friend I work with. He got e- coli (spelling) from a watermelon from Wal-Mart. We always read that the food in the stores is bad for us. We just never really realize it till something like this happens. Michael is going through dialasis to try to get rid of the toxin.

I am glad all of you that need the rain are getting some. I wish we would get some. All though now would probably not bee a good time. The farmers have hay down and the grain is about ready to be harvested. Need to hold off on the rain for a little while.

Connie congrats on the badges. I think about do the badge thing the think I am way to busy now. LOL You go girl.

Marylyn i have not tried the oven canning but have read about it. let me know how it turns out.

Thelma Thank You for the prayer. I it made me smile and say thank you Lord for people who care.

Marianne MMM raspberry jam love it. I mise the spring raspberries so I am waiting for the fall ones.

Kathy Wow! I am licky to get frosting on a cake. Here you are talking about basket weave on the sides. You are talented.

Glend praying for your brother.

Thelma we would love to see your pics. Post away!

Nancy love the tatoo. Kelly is a very talented artist.

I need to get some canning done. With no garden, I am depending on farmers markets and U-Picks this year.

Holly are you there? Where oh where have you gone?

I need to get moving. i have laundrey to do and more fleece to skirt (clean). This time it is from one of my alpacas. It is a darker brown and very soft.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:25:57 PM  Show Profile
IT IS TO DARN HOT!,NOT TO MENTION HUMID. I WANT TO FIX SWEETCORN FOR OUR EVENING MEAL BUT IT IS TO HOT TO GO OUT THERE AND PICK SOME, WHERE OH WHERE HAS THE PROMISE OF RAIN GONE?????????????????
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:28:09 PM  Show Profile
why does this work sometimes and not others?

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 01 2012 4:03:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:29:24 PM  Show Profile
PICTURE NUMBER 0NE

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:31:17 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 01 2012 3:32:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:39:22 PM  Show Profile
It is hot outside and i am getting hot under the collar giggle

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 01 2012 4:06:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:41:41 PM  Show Profile

This old furnace grate has lived by the tree in my hosta bed since I moved here. I like this photo as there are several textures being used.

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 01 2012 4:05:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:44:26 PM  Show Profile
PICTURE NUMBER 2

I like to photograph flowers. This is a simple shot. I wish the red flower in back could be removed. someone told me I need to purchase the Photo Shop program

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 01 2012 4:08:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey all, I'm still kicking, First let me say I've had to read 6 pages to catch up so just going to say a few things then a quick update, hope everyone understands...
I'm sorry for the loss in the plane crash, my love and prayers going up for the family, I hope everyone else is doing fine... It is hot here. I'm now working 40 hours so not spending as much time on the puter as I would like...I've been working the last few days with a severe back ache, don't know what I did to it but man it hurts. Finally Dr called in some muscle relaxers, I know my back is having muscle spasms...so nice of him to do without seeing me but he knows how my back is, he has had to see it first hand before. DH and I just had out 3rd anniversary, I cooked our favorite meal...he wanted to take me out but once I get home I just want to rest. My oldest son 38th birthday is coming up, now that really makes me feel old...lol I so miss all of ya'll so much...I don't know what my last post said, but got full time at work and now run two departments....got two titles...lol..but waiting on the pay... I hope everyone is staying out of the heat. love you all bunches, hope to drop in again soon.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page