True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:55:45 PM  Show Profile
PICTURE NUMBER 3

I took this picture just before the sun started to set. I was taking pictures of something else, hear honking geese and took this shot. I'm not sure it falls into the rule of thirds agenda, but I still like it.

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 01 2012 4:11:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  3:57:50 PM  Show Profile
PICTURE NUMBER 4

this shot is to busy, but I chose it because I have never been close enough to a humming bird to get a shot of the tiny bird at rest. I tried to enlarge the bird to lose the background, but the bird started to blur so i left it as is.

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 01 2012 4:14:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  4:00:13 PM  Show Profile
PICTURE NUMBER 5 I'LL SEND THE LAST 5 ANOTHER DAY

I entered this one at the county fair but I didn't place. Don't know why - anyway I took it through a dirty window. I do like this one even if the fair judge liked someone else's better. Comment on back of entry card read "nice centering" I like the coloring and capturing the birds expression.

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 01 2012 4:18:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  4:08:36 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, looks like you finally got the hang of posting pictures. Love them all.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  5:30:52 PM  Show Profile
Had a wonderful time creating in my sewing room today. Here is what I did. I still need to do a bunch of hand stitching around all the edges.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  6:10:11 PM  Show Profile
Penny, Happy Anniversary!!!!! Sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy. Please be sure to make some time for you. You do not need to get run down. Hope the back gets better soon. Seems if your back hurts, your whole body hurts. Take care and keep us posted when you can.
Thelma, wonderful pictures!!!! Good work for your badge.
Bunny, love what you are doing. Nice vibrant colors. Very pretty.
It got humid here again, but last night was nice, down to 48. Hopefully it will get cool again tonight, so far not though.
Holly, we do miss you. You must be really busy right now not to post. Hope you have some time for yourself to unwind and relax.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

littlegirl54
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Connie
Rio Linda California
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  8:38:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey all, praying for you all that are going through trials right now. Thelma, the pics are great, I especially like the Hummingbird one...tooo cute. :}

Life's too short to sit in a box all day. Get out and do something creative.

Farmgirl Sister 4152
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  8:41:18 PM  Show Profile
Bunny = your quilts are wonderful!What are you going to do with them? The colors just seem to pop. Lovely. Holly - where are you, and are you and your family ok? Happy anniversary Penny. Darwin and I will be celebrating 43 years on August 9th. God has truly blessed us.

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 01 2012 8:47:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  11:49:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Thelma, I absolutely love your pictures. I think your bird picture should have won in the county fair!!! I wish I could post pics as well, but I don't even have that option!

Happy Anniversary, Penny!!! Such a special day...

Bunny, your quilt pictures are gorgeous...wish I had some talent like that.

Where is Holly? Is she lost out in the field? We miss you, Holly!

Well, I am working the night shift...it's almost 2 a.m. Only 6 more hours to go!!!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  05:08:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!! LOVE all the pics and thank you for the congrats on my badges. I too had to go back and read lots of old posts to catch up. I have been very busy with my Weight Watchers meetings, and I re-started selling Pampered Chef too, I sold about 12 years ago, so I reactivated, and I did a large open house show at our home on Sunday and closed 2 catalog shows. So I'm back in business. Every little bit of $$ helps.

Leaving today to go spend a few days with my sister and her husband near the Houston area, so very hot in Texas right now.
Oh, so love hearing about oven canning! I am definitely going to try that.
Prayers and hugs to all -

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  10:37:31 AM  Show Profile
Connie Sue, I use to sell Pampered Chef too. Had lots of fun.

I just entered my kitties in a "Pets on Quilts" contest. I think voting starts around August 9th. Vote for me!
You can either go to my website: www.curiousorangecat.com or to this link when it's time to vote. There are lots of great prizes and I hope to win something! http://www.lilypadquilting.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-2012-pets-on-quilts-show-is-here.html

I'll post the link again when I know the voting has started. But you can check out all the other cool pet pictures from all the blogs.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  5:55:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm enjoying your pictures, Thelma!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  6:05:32 PM  Show Profile
Today was a blah day, had no energy for anything. Went grocery shopping, and that was about it. The humidity is way up there again, it just does not want to rain. At least it is breezy now, hopefully it will be easier sleeping tonight. If the humidity was down, we would be having beautiful weather.
Hope all are doing well and staying cool.
Have a good evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  6:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I have read no one's posts since last Thursday when I was on last...... a whole week.

Some of the evenings I was out brush hogging. I was sick two of the evenings. One with boo boo belly and the next day recovering with boo boo belly. I think I ate some shrimp that was not quite right but I just felt badly. Then Cheri was out for a couple of nights so I had to put Ross to bed. Cheri has been asked to be on the Selectboard for the town so that is two nights a month. Geez, I do not sound very coherent.

Talie went to baseball camp this past Sunday in Castleton which is about two hours south of us. He went with his friend so the friend;s mother drove down on Sunday and we picked up today. He had a great time. He is exhausted. He met some new friend's and that was the best part for him.

Jarrett turned 18 today. He went to basketball camp this past Sunday in New Hampshire and came home today. He slept the two hour ride home and most of the afternoon as well. He had a great time.

Kethry turned 16 last Saturday! Yesterday she went to the department of Motor Vehicles and passed her learner's permit test. She is so excited. She drove about 2 miles home yesterday. Today she drove 20 miles over to therapy and then home again. she is a pretty attentive driver. We have standard vehicles so it is more of a challenge. She has driven the tractor since she was small. I did move the gear shift while she pushed in the clutch so it was a little easier for her. She has to drive for a year and do 40 hours of recorded driving. She could have gone at 15 for the test but did not get it together until now.

The garden is growing. I am thinking I should make another strawberry tower to grow the runners that have come off the mama plants. We are eating a lot of salad I am getting pretty good at making tabouleh.

I saw a fawn with spots and its mother coming home two nights ago.

I made a grocery bag out of a plastic grain bag and it turned out pretty well. We advertised on the Front Porch Forum for more and one man gave me many. Not the pretty colorful ones but I think I can make some usable ones.

The weather has been hot but not unbearable. We have had summer! No one can complain this year that it was too cold.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  05:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Holly I am glad you are back and that everything is ok. I missed you. I have been saving our black sunflower seed bags. They are very durable, plastic coated, and have nice pictures of birds on them. I have been thinking about getting them sewn together and gifting a few. They would work well for travel club frieads as we are usually fluttering around chirping about something. Did you use a pattern? I'm still not sure how I am going to create mine. I know that if I add extra outside pockets They would cover up the birds and if I add Inside pockets the stitch lines would also distort them. So i quess plain bags would be the answer.

Holly, thank you for the anniversary card. We have given a lot of musical cards, but have never received one. Thank you!

I went to the doctor yesterday because my leg hurts. Doctors don't like to perscribe meds because of my liver disease. There are so many things I can not take if I am going to keep my liver as healthy as I can. He said it was something - something - thrombosis - something and it would not turn into a blood clot. I was told to go home and put my feet up and while I was sitting there I could apply moist heat. "Live with it" seems to be a good solution for doctors now days. I was NOT pleased and I told him so. I hate being treated like some kind of whining old lady who has nother better to do than go see her doctor. Anyway I can't find my heating pad. How can I lose a heating pad? There are only a few places one would store a heating pad. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR by the way - I told Darwin I was never going to see doctors again. Just let me die and then call the morge and the pastor. giggle

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  07:14:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs! A beautiful, hot, sunny day in the Ozarks....however, we did get a decent rain around 3 o'clock this morning! Temps are suppose to stay in the 90's today....a little, bitty relief.

Holly, glad to see you back! I missed you and your posts....glad you survived the shrimp.

Thelma, I am so sorry about your legs....boy, if doctors could live with your pain they would soon come up with an answer! I used to suffer with bad leg cramps, and I took potassium and that didn't help. Then I tried quinine pills and after 30 days all leg cramps went away for good!

Ohhhhh, lids are just a popping!!!!! I just oven canned 75 lbs of dry goods!!!! Yippee!!!! I still have to can pasta and oats!!! Maybe Monday! Hehehe....

Bunny, be sure to remind us to vote! August 9th is a long way away! Hehehe....

I will also have to remember to wish Thelma a wonderful anniversary on that day also....remember, remember....

Well, I've gotta mess to clean...love y'all!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  09:18:32 AM  Show Profile
hello gals! been really busy lately but before i forget - bunny LOVE LOVE the quilts! they are so colorful and pretty...fell last friday and sort of twisted my back so haven't been doing a lot. then at 2 am on wednesday morning the bottom of my hot water heater fell out and would you belive my boss replaced it for me? i still fell soooo very very blessed! then i had a flat yesterday but they were able to fix it so the last $10 bucks i had saved for tea from bushes this week went to that. then i had a package i wanted to mail to a farmgirl and one of the guys at work took it and mailed it for me! God is sooooooooo good to me...
got to go to work..love to all
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  09:25:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello everybody,
I am back home for a few days only so posting regularly seems to be rather difficult at this time.
thank you all for your prayers. My brother has been admitted to a skilled nursing home where hopefully he will begin some recovery or at least stop deteriorating. I am feeling better.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Aug 03 2012 09:58:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  09:41:56 AM  Show Profile
Thelma, sorry you are having pain issues. It seems like your doctor has given up on trying to help you. I hate that. If traditional medicine can't work then they don't know what to do. I hope you can figure something out.
Thelma, what do the bags out of the seed packets look like? Can you do a simple lining and put a pocket in that? I will look around and see if I can find a pattern that will allow you to put a pocket in.

Holly, glad to have you back. You are one busy farmgirl. I think we all envy your energy. Wonderful news about Kethry getting her licence. If nothing else, it may ease all the driving responsibilities when she gets her regular one. My youngest son just got his finally at 20. He just never had the desire. But when he moved to the city and had to walk everywhere, it became a little more important. Hope you are feeling better soon. Not fun getting sick with all the work you have to do.

Penny and Thelma, happy anniversary. So nice to have someone to share your days with. Penny, I hope the money for your job comes in soon. I hate when employers make promises and then don't come through. Had it happen too many times. They don't seem to realize we work for money because we have to. We don't work out of the kindness of our hearts.

Janiee, bummer about the flat. Had that happen to me last week. Sounds like the guys took good care of you though. Hope your back gets better soon.

Well, I got signed up for all my school classes this morning. Everything is in order. Thank you all for the kind comments on my little quilts. I'm having fun. I'm thinking about donating one to the Alzheimer's quilt auction. They raise money for research. You can go here to check out the quilts for sale now. http://www.alzquilts.org/
The one with the flowers in the grass is the right size. The tiny quilts can only be a maximum size of 9" x 12". It's almost done so I just have to put the binding on and a way to hang it.

That's all for today. Hope everyone starts feeling better!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  3:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, after posting this morning I dug around in my sewing closet and foun a nice piece of bird fabric. I think it would make a nice lining for my bags. Thanks for offering to look for a pattern, but I have about a dozen bag patterns already. I enjoy making bags and purses.

I try not to use this site to grump about my health. There are plenty of gals here that have it worse than I do. I always say "and this to will pass" I was just bad at my doctor. Maybe it is time to find a woman doctor who will have a little more compassion for women.

Another hot day without rain s as soon as it cools off I'm out the door to water my planters. We are going on vacation on the tenth. I'm sure my house/dog sitter won't water so that will be the end of my pretty posies.

PHOTO NUMBER 6 This rose grows in front of my deck. Darwin gave me the mineature rose for Valentines day. It came in a tiny tea cup. I used the flower setting on my camera.

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 03 2012 3:58:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:09:10 PM  Show Profile
PHOTO NUMBER 7

This is my first attempt at still life. I have a long way to go. I don't like the book and papers in the shot,but I wanted to create a photo record of another badge i am working on.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Thelma the rose is beautiful!! a great photo. You do not grump about your health--we all have shared health problems - ours and our loved ones. this is a wonderful group of ladies (including you) who pray for us when they know we need prayers. I haven't heard how Penny's brother is doing with his chemo but I have been gone and haven't read all the posts.

Ladies there is a scam going on - if you get an email from a farmgirl who says she was mugged in London and needs you to send money--report it. another remindr that we should absolutely never put our personal info or anybody else's on any of the threads.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:16:17 PM  Show Profile
PHOTO NUMBER 8

This is Lily our 3 year mineature Shih Tzu. She weighs about 6 or 7 pounds. I was working on getting a facial shot of an animal. I discovered that if held a toy at her eye level she would look at it long enough for me to get a facial shot.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, great photo--what badge are you working on?

Lily is adorable!

Also has anybody heard how our sister Nancy/annielaurel is doing after her cataract surgery yesterday? I meant to call Darlys but the day got away from me.
hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Aug 03 2012 4:26:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:23:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!

IT'S FRIDAY!! yeah! I will have my gs for the weekend, I'll pick him up in the am, but I have tonite! I have 5 more badges sent in. I'm going to dehydrate some more tonight & get my yogurt in it early Sat. am. Also need to make another batch of granola. I have only a little left to do on a summer dress I am making. I'd like to get it all done before I have to pick up him up. Not enough hours in the day.
Marylyn, I haven't done potatoes yet, but check your book. It will tell you how to do it. I'm pretty sure you'll have to blanch them like most things. Let us know.
Thelma, I dehydrate alot of onions. Slicing thin seems to work the best for me. Love your pictures!
Jan, this could be a head start on my fall decluttering, but I do get distracted!! I have too many projects started too. Hopefully I'll get some of them finished while its too hot to be outside for me. Once it cools down, I probably won't come in!
Connie, I really like pamper chef. I hope it will work out for you.
Well if I hope to get anything done tonight, I'd better go.
My thoughts are with all,

Laurie Jean #4200

"I can't clean because... I get distracted by all the cool stuff I find"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page