Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  11:05:32 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, Bunny, I really did mean Bunny instead of Glenda....she must have been reading my post?!?

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  6:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, thank you so much for the birthday card! It was a very, unexpected surprise. It was also a very funny card....you made my day!

Love and thanks,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  7:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted to jump on real quick before bed and let you know Glenda that you and your brother are in my prayers, I know how hard it is to watch your brother go though this illness, because I am watching my brother go through the same illness...this is his second time going through chemo....and things aren't looking very good....You mean alot to us all so if you need anything please just ask...love and prayers coming your way...EVERYDAY

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on Aug 10 2012 8:23:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  04:58:15 AM  Show Profile
Thelma I really love your photos. They are so nice. I especially like the one of your DH with the butterfly.

Bunny you are so talented and the colors you choose are so bright and happy. It is so nice to see all the things you create.

Kathy you are about to have your shoulder surgery this month and I will be praying for your speeding recovery. I know everything will go okay for you.
Your cake looks so pretty. Almost too pretty to cut and eat. You did such nice work on the weaving. I never tried cake decorating and admire someone you can do it so well.

Glenda I am so very sorry to hear about your brother. I pray for you and him. It breaks my heart to see you in such a stressful situation. I wish I was with you to give you some hugs. We are all here for you and love you dearly.

Holly I am happy to hear that Mr. and Mrs. Guinea are doing so well as parents. They have quite a brood there. You are one busy lady and it is always nice to hear what is going on there on the farm.

I am going to be finishing my SIL's quilt top today. I am also in the process of making a doll and in giving one of my sock monkeys some clothes. I made a little dress and apron for her and now she needs a hat. The weather person says we are due for a storm. We shall see.

My eyes are doing better everyday. I have excellent long distance vision now in my left eye. My right eye has just a hint of astigmitism so I won't need to wear glasses except for reading. Hooray!

My prayers always for you wonderful ladies.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  06:21:56 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, that is great news about not having to wear glasses except for reading. Glad the surgery went so well for you. I too have cataracs and will eventually need surgery, but in the meantime, it is bifocals, which I have worn for 18 years now.
Penny, your brother is also in out prayers here. Know that we are thinking of you too.
It was a very pleasant day yesterday,80 with low humidity, but looks like more humid again today. Next week is the State Fair here, so after that the weather is all downhill from then on, so not much summer left for us. It has been a hot one for everyone.
Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  07:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Thelma love the pic. I like the red in the backround. It helps bring out the darker color on the other flowers.
The grate is way cool. Old furnac grates had style. Now they are plain.
Glad you figured out how to ost pics. Tey are all grate. I like the last one too. Silly judge.

Bunny youu do wonderful applicay. Those are beautiful.

Penny glad you have full time work. It is hard to keep up with everything else though. Happy Anniversery
Stop by when you can. Stil praying for your brother.

Holly I have been thinking of msking the bags out of feed sacks. My sewing machine however decided to finally give up. Yes I only have one. I took it in to be repaired and they told me they do not make parts for it any more. :( So I am saving sacks and putting away money for a new one.
I just put money down on a spinning wheel. Figures!

Thelma love the next set of pics.

Glenda still praying for your brother.

Thelma that is a wonderful picture of Santa with the butterfly.

Marianne you remind me of my BFF (her name is Mary Ann) she is always finding bargins. It just amazes me.

Kathy the cake is incredible. I would almost hate to eat it, it is so beautiful I said almost. LOL

Nancy glad the surgery went well. Glasses only for reading or anything close up?

I have been busy canning gren beans and hauling hay.
Got some work done on the fleece but not much. Gee I am starting to sound like some of you. Jumping from thing to thing. LOL Maybe we all are a little ADD. LOL
I need to work on the fleece today and finish the cleaning so I can start carding it. Then I get to spin. That will be awhile as I have to pay of the wheel first. I could spindle spin but I really want to use the wheel. What can I say. I want to play with the new tou. LOL

Hope all of you have a great day and don't melt. It is way to hot here.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  08:25:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to all!!!
I have just been trying to take a look at several days posts! Wow we all have been pretty busy I think!
Glenda-thoughts and prayers for you and your brother!

I have been busy as well. Working on some organization???? Lol! On my bedroom/craft room. It's small and it's used for both! Getting some good ideas tho for storage going 'up' with tall, narrow bookcases and baskets etc. day at a time, project at a time, right?

It is still really hot and humid here, ugh!!!! Sooooo looking forward to the fall-my favorite time of the year.
We did get a tiny bit of rain drizzle tho the other day. Wasn't much but any is helpful!

Well time for some kitchen chores and I hope to check in some again later and see how everyone is doing!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  09:20:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! I just realized that I'm 51 years young and can contribute to this forum...LoL. I've had the cleaning bug this week and organized the planting side my Carriage House (I still have the main part to go). I'm gonna just have a yard sale or something, I have too much stuff! The Florida heat and humidity is just killing me, I cant wait for winter!

Lorie

http://thevintagegardengirl@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  09:51:31 AM  Show Profile
Lori, welcome! You will love it here. Lots going on for a bunch of over the hill farmgirls. Some of us are of course busier than others...Love your carriage house picture!

Sounds like organization is the job of the week. I couldn't find some fabric in my sewing room and sorting through stuff, I found so many things I have forgotten I had. Boxes of batting scraps ( I could have totally use them a week ago!) Some wool I bought at a second hand store, I could use for one of my new projects... I need to organize again! I have too much stuff and just can't seem to part with any of it!

I'm working on a few new projects in my computer that I'll share soon. Having fun with altering photo's in my computer.
However I did sell two aprons (one that I have to actually make today) and a zipper bag for makeup. (again, I have to make it still) so today will be busy.

Later all, stay cool. We'll be complaining about the cold and snow before long!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  10:08:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Bunny! I've started to put things on the barter page as I continue to clean everything out. My Bungalow was built in 1921 and sure has lots of character, I'm so glad you like it. All I can say is that I wish it snowed here...LoL. One day I'll move to the great north west!!

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  1:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Lori. I love your carriage house! I hope to get the old grainery on the west side of my garage whipped into something pretty someday.

Kathy, I think about you and Jenny every day. Hope you are getting things done up so you can have your surgery and then some much needed down time. Tell Jenny that I will write again soon, but am going to be gone for awhile.

This will be my last post until around the 20th. Santa and I are going to Northern Minnesota to the Lake for some much needed R&R with our oldest elf and his fimily. Yep! the grand elves are coming too. Our nephew is going to house set for us and look after the place.

Dear Heavenly Father, Please look after the 'farm girl chicks' while I am gone. Help them to deal with life as it comes at them. Provide them with plenty of smiles, food, friends, and good health. I ask this in your Holy name Dear h
Heavenly Father. Amen

Taa taa chickie poos. Be good and don't stay out to late. Those who play with the owls at night have a hard time flying with the eagles during the day. giggle

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 08 2012 1:48:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  1:53:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello from Ohio!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Cherokee Proverb
Go to Top of Page

NancySully
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Nancy
Centennial CO
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  2:02:09 PM  Show Profile
I am a brand new farmgirl and I'm so excited that I've joined you! I just celebrated my 60th birthday. You're only as old as you act!
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  2:04:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Shellee...don't be shy, it is a very friendly bunch around here!
Also a big Farmgirl welcome to Lori, jump right in...

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  2:07:36 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to you, too, Nancy....tell us about yourself...you'll get lots of feedback!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  2:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Well, it's official, I'm the oldest persin at our Crossfit gym. They're calling me Mom instead of my usual Mighty Mouse...lol.i don't feel old and I don't think I look old, and I can certainly give those 20 something women a run for their money in the olympic weight lifting weight area. All in all, I think I'll join a Masters group like tjis one so I can relate better. Anyone else part of an exercise masters group?

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  3:24:40 PM  Show Profile
Warm welcomes for the new gals, Lorie, Nancy and Shellee. It is nice to meet you all. Lorie, we all try to stay active here, but I know I am not considering any masters exercise group. Your carriage house is charming. Bartering sounds like a great way to clear out some stuff!

Shellee, let us know a bit about you. We are from all over. I am from the Inland NW, have a husband of 27 years, a dd who lives on the other side of the state, two horses, three dogs and a huge garden. My husband travels for work and I stay busy with the critters and my art/hobbies during the slow gardening months.

Nancy, welcome! You may have to explain how old you have been acting! ;-) Stick around and we will let you in on our tales of pool boys and lemonade...

I am like Bunny -- looking forward to Fall. This has been the warmest summer we have had here. Sometimes dh mentions moving to a warm climate (this usually comes up in Feb. or March). He always says that it is because he thinks I would feel better in the warmth. (It has nothing to do with the fact that he is tired of the snow and cold at that time of the year.) But, being "stuck" inside in the AC this summer has made me (and consequently dh) miserable. I like my four seasons!!

The tomatoes are starting to come in, about three or four a day. We are on the third night of bruschetta for dinner. We'll burn out on it soon, but right now we just can't get our fill.

check on you gals later,
marianne
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  3:51:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Let me introduce myself to everyone. I am 51 years young, I am married, and have a 21 year old college student, a Persian cat (Cashmere), a pup (Bell) and 4 Easter Egger chickens (Bitty, Birdie, Hattie, and Fannie). I live in Tampa, own my own business and work as a Director of Logistics for a Government ship building company. I'm former Air Force, and my husband just got back from Iraq a few months ago. I wish I lived up north in the cool weather, and love to garden. I'm best at plants and flowers. I'm decent at most crafts and LOVE to cook and feed people. Come to my house and I'll feed you till you can't walk. I head up a tea group called Tea, Thyme, and Crumpets to visit and critique the local tea houses (yes, we dress and everything). I can't wait to get to know all of you!

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  5:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am hoping that my internet connection stays intact until I finish this post. It is very frustrating to be typing away and then be blown off line. So, cross your fingers everyone that the airwaves stay waving.

I went to the eye doctor this morning for my two year check up. My eyes are pretty good for someone my age who has been wearing glasses since fourth grade.

I have started making Ross a club house. It is 6 feet by 8 feet. I have up one wall and am putting a bench that will open on the top for his treasures. I made it two feet off the ground so he could get into it in the winter time when there is snow. Right now he can not get up into it without help. I will need to put a ladder or stairs on it.

Jan if you ever decide you want to visit a little further south than you live you are truly welcome to visit. It would be so nice if you lived closer. I could gaze enviously at your vegetable garden.

Kethry (16) is making curtains for her bedroom. It is just a hem on three sides and a casing along the top. the print is chocolate leopard spots with pink spots in the middle of some of the spots. The background is white. Overlayed is a white tulle with sparkles on it. Along the seam line she put black lace tri. I will have to take a picture and post it. It looks quite good in her room and she is proud to have made them. She still has one window to dress.

The weather has been in the low eighties and sometimes humid. It was very overcast most of the day and I thought it was going to rain but now it has cleared off and is in the fifties.

I finished brush hogging the field for the person who lives in our town. I am glad it is done.

Nancy (Annielaurel) I would like to see pictures of the doll you are making and the quilt top as well. You do great work.
I like Bunny's bright colors in your art.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  5:28:42 PM  Show Profile
back on page 320 Kathy asked about identifying flowers. the pink ones in the upper left corner are called mallow. next to it are black raspberries. I could not see the other two well enough to identify them.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  6:25:00 PM  Show Profile
Holly, wish we lived closer to each other also, boy, would I have fun!!!! I am sure Ross will love having a house in the winter to keep warm and out of the elements. How nice that Kethry is interested in sewing. My daughter never wanted to learn, now she sews for others. We bought her a sewing machine a few years ago and she has been getting alot of use out of it, which I was not sure she would.
It was only 71 degrees today after a low of 44. 42 degrees yesterday!!!! I think that maybe our summer is winding down now, a bit early, but welcomed with open arms. We still need some rain though.
I am trying to get my house in order and cleaned so when I do start shutting the doors I will be able to start on the many projects I have in mind. I do knit while watching tv, but I want to sew and learn how to use my spinning wheel.
Welcome to all the new girls. I am sure you will all love it here.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  04:58:29 AM  Show Profile
Nancy welcome to our group. We are the most caring and fun group you will find. Glad to have another Nancy here. There are 3 of us now. Just pop in and join the fun.

Welcome Shellee. glad to have you here.

Welcome to you, too, Lorie. I am so glad you ladies are joining us. The more the merrier.

Holly, how great for Ross. He will really have fun in that club house. I am headed up to Boston next week for a few days. DH and I will be visiting his family, mostly his folks, in Fairhaven which is near New Bedford. I hope it will be a little cooler up there. Well, maybe.
I will post the pictures of my new doll, my quilt and a sock monkey that I made some clothes for. She was sick and tired of being without an outfit.

I hear thunder so maybe we will get some rain today. I love having that shower everyday to keep the humidity in check.

I continue to pray for those of you, dear sisters, who are hurting and those who have health problems.

Hugs,

Nancy - Annielaurel

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  07:02:36 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

It is cool this morning but it wont last. They temp is supose to reach 100 today. Looks the same for most of the week.
Been watering in the morning and then weeding. Seems like the weeds grow when nothing else will.

An update on Michael. I went to see him and his mother in the hospital. They have him in ICU. They put him on dialasis (spelling?) to try and rid his body of the toxin. Please keep praying.

Lorie hello and welcome to this crazy bunch. Love the pic. Looks like a cute place to store all the garden stuff.

Thelma thank you for the prayer

Shellee and Nancy hello and welcome to this crazy group. You will see some of us from other boards here. We really are a wild buch for being as Bunny out it "Over the Hill" We are having a wild ride down the other side Woo Hoo

Marianne I am with you. I love the 4 seasons. Each has it's own good and not so good side. I have decidee that if we move it wont be to a warmer climate. It would be a cooler one. I just can not take the heat like I use to.

Holly I know Ross will love his club house.
Please post a pic of Kethry,s curtain. I would love to see them.

I need to dig some dirt out today. The deck on next to the garage was supose to be on a cement pad. Well part of it isn't. that part and the board walk on that side all started colapsing. Whoever built it put the boards, not press treated or even redwood, right on the ground! Lets talk rot! So we are working on that before someone gets hurt. Loads of fun. I mean wheelbarrow loads!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  07:18:15 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone! I agree with Diane, it's hot as heck already outside and it's only 10:00 in the morning here. My poor chickens. At least their run is shaded and I have ice water out there (for as long as that lasts) and a few fans as well. I just hate this heat and humidity.

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  6:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Yay! Today is over! It was my annual well woman exam (fondly referred to in our house as "the peek and poke"). Last thing on my checklist is an eye exam. After the pap, mammogram and teeth cleaning, an eye exam is VERY welcome. Hope all you are keeping up with your preventive appts. I want you all around for a while to listen to me whine and complain about these visits!

Dh also had his "annual" exam. It had been seven years since his last "annual" exam. Anyway, we got in the car and I asked him it he had a test kit and how was his tetanus shot. Well, guess who was so relieved to be through his physical exam that he walked out before the lab lady came in...so back we went to the doctor's office. It's like having a child sometimes! But, I do love him.

Yesterday, dd was shopping and had parked her car and was walking to Target when an elderly lady backed her car at a high rate of speed into the car next to my daughter's parked car. The woman was quite jolted by the impact and HAD to know she had had a collision but took off. My daughter ran after her to get the license plate number. There was some very noticeable damage to the car that was backed into. DD left the info about the hit and run driver and her cell phone number if her testimony was needed for insurance, etc. More than twenty-four hours has passed and no one has called! Hmmm... I am proud of DD for doing the right thing. Two other women witnessed it but didn't want to get involved.

Let's see, what other excitement? Oh, Mollie got to chase a deer last night. The deer was in the paddock with the horses and Sammie (yellow lab) started barking at it. Mollie was let out of the house to "join the chase." I watched as the two dogs barked and the deer just looked at them, thinking, "Come on, run. That poor old black lab just ran all the way out there to bark at you, please run from her." Right then, the deer turned, raised its tail and trotted off. Mollie came back so proud of herself and enjoyed all her kudos.

Oh, another big excitement for me was receiving one of Marcy's fairy doors today. I won her last drawing and she sent it right out. Oh my goodness, gals, she is very talented. This door is charming. The details in the hinges and in the veins on her leaves are so well done. I am so happy to have it. I haven't decided what would be the best way to display it to its full glory. It is so cool. Big smiles from me!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I sure would like to hear from Glenda about her trip to see her brother. I miss Thelma's posts while she is gone.

Holly, Ross is one lucky little guy to get a great play house. I think it is fantastic that Kethry sewed her curtains. It really sounds like she put together something that most gals her age would love to have in their own room. Good for her.

have a great night!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page