Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  4:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, I agree with your feelings. Sometimes I feel like I just want to be a recluse because the world just isn't a very nice place right now. But then it has always been this way, we just have technology to get the lousy news faster. I think a business would be great for you. Especially if you can get some reliable help so you still have some flexibility. I hope you let us see how you do in your class. Sounds interesting.

Thelma, so sorry you have been dealing with health stuff. Not feeling well is for the birds. ( I'm using my "nice" language.)
I hope you feel better soon. I know it's hard to post when nothing is going right. I have that problem too. But I know I love to hear from everyone if nothing else but to know how you are doing good or bad.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  6:48:38 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Oct 18 2019 9:50:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  7:46:04 PM  Show Profile
Test results are in and now they are sending me to a hematologist. :( I would be lying if I said I was not extremely worried. Sad thing is, I feel great right now. Since cutting grain, processed food, starch and sugar from my diet, I feel incredible. Guess, I need to start putting my own name and prayer request in my prayer box. I am too busy to get down, so will believe that God will take care of this.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  7:49:45 PM  Show Profile
Been busy. Yesterday we dug up our potatoes. We planted them in raised beds that you add and build up. Supposed to get 100 lb. of potatoes. Well, we got about 10 lb. Disappointing, but now we know. It was an experiment, and got hubby to help, which he is not a gardener at all!!! Togetherness!!!!
Today I worked for my son and will be tomorrow and Wednesday also. He is busy restocking, as he bought so much the last few weeks.
It rained all day todat and only got up to 57. It is 44 now. They are talking in the 20s tomorrow night!!!! We may have snow instead of rain!!!
I will post more tomorrow, have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  7:50:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh, and Thelma.... You are definitely not a pain, and we all enjoy hearing from you! How could anyone be irritated at one of the biggest hearted ladies there is? We love you, and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  8:56:07 PM  Show Profile
Patty they are just covering all the bases. If you are feeling good your body is telling you its all ok. My sister is waiting on results of a CT scan and of course she is worried. It is always so hard to wait on results even though the odds are always in your favor that everything will be ok. My older brother has that thing where your body builds up too much iron in the blood and he has to get blood drained ever so often. there is a long scary name for it but he's managed for years.--that is one thing we all seem to have in common--over 50 health problems.

I have a strange problem out here in the country that I will bore you with just in case anybody has an idea what it could be. some kind of critter comes on my porch every night and tears up my plants. rips them out by the roots, scatters the dirt everywhere. I have had to put chicken wire weighed down with rocks on the big pots and put the little ones up on a table. what kind of animalwould do that? I have had plants on my porch for almost 13 years now and this is the first time it has ever happened. also this is the time of year for raccoons they come for the wild persimmons but this year the persimmons are just rotting on the ground, nothing is eating them. so whatever it is is scaring the raccoons off. I have yet to see anything but sometimes I can smell it, not a skunk, but stinks something awful. my little dogs are afraid to go out some nights. what on earth could it be?

Patty I keep meaning to comment on that cute pic of your granddaughtergiving that chick the evil eye. She is so cute-you can see the little wheels turnin in her brain "Ok, just a few more weeks and------FRIED CHICKEN!!"

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2012 9:04:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

damajana
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Jana
Albuquerque NM
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  10:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! I'm a newbie and I hope I'm doing this right! You sort of sucked me in, in a nice way to thinking maybe I can try to keep up with your current posts. I live in NM, Albuquerque, but grew up in southeastern Idaho near Bear Lake. I'll always be a farmgirl at heart. My dh and I have 5 grown children and 3 wonderful grandaughters, 19 mo to 5. I'm a retired nurse. I have a chronic illness that keeps me living one day at a time, cuz I never know how I'm going to feel. I'm a fabraholic, fantasy quilter,(lots of ideas and plans) and urban gardener/farmer and I'm really excited to meet all of you. I could use some friends with the same troubles and woes, as well as, the same interests. I'm feeling concern for those of you struggling with health and money and can certainly relate. Hope you won't mind that I'm new and not quite oriented to how the forums work, but I'm willing to learn. Bless you all. Hope to get to know you quickly! Jana
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  02:44:42 AM  Show Profile
wow! Jackpot! I love hearing from so many of you. I know that you are all such caring, giving women that you refrain from posting when things are all good news. That is why it is so worrisome when someone goes silent. We know it may mean bad news ...

Bunny, you work so hard. You have some major health hurdles, family member personalities, etc. I just wish one area of your life, let's say financial worries, would just fall into place. So sorry that financial aid didn't come through to the extent you were hoping. Adding a year to your time frame sounds very depressing indeed. You have a good head on your shoulders, though. You are taking it as you must = one day at a time. You are in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing news that is uncomfortable.

Patty, I don't blame you for your worries. Your name is already on my prayer list. The fact that you feel so good is such a great sign that I agree you must believe God has this taken care of. Your diet changes are huge and all-encompassing. That had to take such an effort. I am so glad you have been awarded with such a great feeling of well-being. Please keep us posted to the extent you feel comfortable. We are all so used to hearing of your boundless energy, let us help you through your concerns.

Thelma, who in their right mind would ever describe you as a pain? I can't imagine who you think you might have upset. Your new medication sounds like it will be a very trying time for you. Will you have difficulty getting around without the ability to drive or do you have that all taken care of? Fourteen weeks takes you until the new year, if I am counting correctly...quite some time to be without the ability to drive yourself. You are in my prayers. What sort of discomfort will you experience from the side effects, if you don't mind sharing... Of course, you share such devestating news and then immediately share such upbeat and cozy/fall news about cuddly clothes and excitement over new crafts. You are such a dear. I just love ya.

Oh, Glenda. You captured my frustrations eloquently. My brain has been screaming, "Yank their monetary aid and get our people out of there." all week long. It seems so simple. And the political posturing is sickening. But, we aren't supposed to go there in this forum, so enough. Dh and I kid that it would be so nice to have a moat and a drawbridge at times .... What the heck is the stinking animal?? Skunks do dig, but mostly in lawns and they sure wouldn't frighten off raccoons. Are you thinking badger-like animal? Bobcat? But they are carnivores, right? Why would they dig? You have my curiousity piqued. Oh, got your need for a job for an excuse problem solved. Start a "foundation." Let it benefit whomever you like. I can hear you already, "Oh I would love to help, but I am afraid I am so busy with my foundation that I just can't add another thing to my plate at this time." End of story. Maybe you could name it The No I Don't Just Sit Around All Day Hoping I Could Help You With Your Problems Foundation. Just a thought!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  03:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Part Two.

Wanted to change pages and we all know what happens to your posting if you do that.

Jan, I have the same uphill battle trying to get my dh to help in the garden. First order of business in our house is it must be called anything but gardening ... landscaping, earth moving, anything but gardening. Ten pounds of potatoes would be disappointing if you were expecting one hundred. Are they pretty good, though? Good grief, were you the first one to use that four letter word on the forum so far this Fall ... you know the one that starts with "s" and ends with "w" ... Brr. Sounds like your son is laying in a lot of stock for the winter. Best of luck to him...anything catch your eye? It sounds like such an interesting place to be.

And last, but not least, WELCOME JANA. We are glad to have you. You have joined us at a time where many of us are dealing with changes and challenges. Actually, when aren't we all dealing with changes and challenges? You will get to know us very quickly because we do share a lot. But, as you may notice. There are so many very caring women in this group that there is a tendency to keep back any bad or troubling news you may have and just focus on helping others. It is just a testament to how great these women are. I count myself very lucky to have found this group. I get a lot of support. Plenty of reality. And reminders that maybe my problems aren't the end of the world.

You will fit right in here, Jana. There are a few of us with illnesses and concerns that mean we take it one day at a time, are a bit careful what we plan since we don't know how we will feel, etc. It is good not to be alone with these issues, isn't it?

I love your term "fantasy quilter." Boy, could I expand that phrasing to include a lot of other pasttimes. You should check out Bunny's website. She has some awesome quilts.

Well, so nice to hear from all you gals. Remember, our shoulders are broad to help one another carry our burdens.

Dh gets home this morning. Just a short trip this time, Yay. Got a couple of Dd's business cards in the mail. It is so heartwarming to hear her excitement. Thank God, that is working out. And thank you gals for all your help through it.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  07:25:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Jana... don't worry about trying to keep up with everyone. Sometimes that is impossible. :) Just chime in and visit with us. :) By the sounds of it, you do belong on this chat board with us.

Marianne- I will for sure "whine" to all of you. Just hope you don't mind. I always try to stay positive, but at times it is difficult. I am working my tail off around the house today, trying to stay busy and keep my mind free of "stinking thinking" (a phrase my deceased husband used frequently whenever I worried about something). I will make sure they get me in to see the hematologist before the week is over if I can help it. :)

Glenda- I too know someone that has to have blood drained due to iron. She does well. I am not sure what it is called, nor what causes it.
And squirrels or chipmunks will dig in flower pots. Sometimes they are looking for nuts, other times burying nuts. Do you see any buried nuts in the pots? Time for a trail cam!

Well, off to get the kitchen cleaned. Might just go pick up some paint and paint a couple of small cabinets in there. Doing a thorough cleaning. Fresh paint always looks nice.

Patty #1840

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Sep 18 2012 07:33:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  07:43:37 AM  Show Profile
Well I have some good news to report. I finally got a pet sitting job. It will give me enough for one month of expenses. It took some serious praying though. I got an email from a teacher at the college asking me if I would do it. But he was leaving supposedly yesterday. I didn't get the email until two hours after he posted and could not get him on the phone. I thought I had missed out. So I stopped everything and sat on my couch and meditated in prayer. I was actually interrupted with a phone call from him. So to date I have three months living expenses put away. Sigh.....thank you God.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  11:53:10 AM  Show Profile
Glenda - I didn't mean to be so down yesterday. Lets blame it on being nervous about this treatment. 14 weeks is a long time. It was just so good hearing from you. I really enjoy having you as a chick friend. Patty - you take care of yourself. I had to see a hematologist this past May and I can relate to your fears. Remember to share your burdens with God.

Doing ok. Making simple mistakes like putting on my lipstick before I brush my teeth, writing a check out of the wrong account - very light headed but smiling. I had to have a friend drive me to the groomer this a.m. so Lily could get her pampering. I hate asking for help, but Darwin is helping with corn harvest for the next few weeks. Taa taa chickie poos be good to yourselves
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  3:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, so much going on, hard to address each one of you. I just got done with work and making supper. Ham sanwiches worked. My son has been going to alot of auctons and stocking up for the winter months when those auctions slow down. He has so much now, trying to find room for it all. I see so much stuff I would love to take home, but know that I better not. I do still get alot of goodies. My daughter calls me a hoarder and threatens to call the show.I really am not that bad, you can move in my house, but she thinks I have way too much stuff that I do not need.
It is only in the 40s today and very windy. I am sure there is a wind chill. Supposed to get down to 27 tonight. Last Wednesday, 6 days ago it was 80 degrees!!!!! We are getting rain right now, I am hoping it does not turn to that 4 letter word s--w later. It definitely will be jacket weather tomorrow. Good thing I packed all my summer clothes and got out my sweaters!!!!
Welcome Jana, just hop right in and add wat you want. We love hearing how your day went, good or bad.
I will try to catch up later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  6:48:49 PM  Show Profile
I cleaned house today and DH went fishing. So we spent the evening cleaning fish. I still have the kitchen to clean. Dr office phoned and I will see the hematologist on Thurs. Tomorrow is payday and I will go get enough feed to last the month. I will wait to buy groceries when I make the trip to Springfield to see the Dr on Thurs. Tomorrow evening I am going to start line dancing. There is an instructor that has classes at 3 different locations, 3 x's a week. For $25 you can go to all locations for 6 weeks. I used to line dance years ago and it was so much fun. I am looking forward to it. They do this all winter. Great exercise. I need to get more exercise.
Well off to clean the kitchen and then off to bed. Have a good night.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  01:29:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Patty Line dancing sounds like so much fun. You are right that it is good exercise. Good for you! Sheesh, you are a busy gal. Cleaning, painting, housework and then "finding" exercise. I sure don't see how you need more exercise. One of those great mysteries of our bodies. Congratulations on getting in to see the doctor tomorrow. Glad you shortened your wait time.

Jan, I bet it is hard to resist the great finds your son brings home. Boy, the cool weather is hitting you early! Or is it? I guess I really don't know. We are going to continue our beautiful perfect Fall weather through the weekend at least. Getting into the upper eighties. A bit warm actually. Won't complain ... ignore that comment!

Thelma, I am so proud of you. It is not easy to ask for help. Good for you for asking your friend to help you get your pet to the groomers. I hope the light-headedness eases for you. Gosh, the lipstick mess on your toothbrush when you put the lipstick on first!!

Bunny, Great news. So glad you have a few months expenses squirreled away. The breathing room must feel good. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Dh is home again. With a stuffed head, runny nose and general grumpy mood. Can't say I blame him. Tis the season to come home from a trip with a head cold. So, I pampered him pretty good, if I say so myself.

Dd is continuing to do very well in her "new" job. How long can you consider it a new job? She has been there three weeks. Thanks for all your prayers.

I have been stripping lavendar the last few weeks. It is a wonderful mindless, aromatic chore that I enjoy while watching some junk tv. I stop when it makes me sneeze. How's that for a quitting bell?

Glenda, I have got to know what is messing with the plants, etc. It is such a brainteaser!

Well, girlfriends, I will be checking on you all later today. Keep you chin up. We are a busy group with many issues that threaten to derail us if we aren't careful. You are all in my thoughts.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  05:38:09 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to all you new ladies. You will find such good friends here. They are always willing to listen, give hope and love to you.

Kathy, I hope that everyday you are feeling better and better. I am continuing to pray for your healing.

Thelma, dear sister, I am not able to drive right now so I know how you feel. But it won't be long before you are back driving and doing all those things you love doing. You could never be a burden talking here.

Patty, you are in my prayers. I am glad to hear that the new diet changes are working so well for you. You are always such an upbeat person and so full of energy. I love all the things you are able to accomplish.

Janet what a disappointment about the potatoes and after all the work. Your son is so lucky to have such a wonderful mom to help him so much. Of course, we know what a great lady you are.

Bunny I think and pray that things will get brighter and brighter for you. You are working so much toward your goals and I am sad when I hear these obstacles that get in your way. Love you, sister.

Marianne you are such a sweetheart to give so much encouragement and love to us ladies. You are in my thoughts and I am glad you are here with us.

Glenda, my lovely, I can't think of what animal would be doing that to the plants. Yes, it could be a bob cat who is coming around. The racoons would be afraid and of course the dogs would not want to go ourside. Keep us posted if you find out.

I am just doing some housework today. I sewed an easy dress pattern dress yesterday. I don't know why I try to make clothes as I am not that good a sewer when it comes to wearables. It is just a cotton dress and something to wear around when I get tired of the pants and shirts. I am looking forward to my SIL coming next week. She will be here only 2 days. I like it when she comes as we get along very well. She and my DH have always been close so the 3 of us have lots of fun together. Last time she came we went up to Savannah, GA.

Have a wonderful day, sisters. Fall is in the air and things should cool down soon after the heat of the summer.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  10:20:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello everybody, welcome Jana--good to have you here.
Patty, girl, there can't be too much wrong with you--with all that energy--probably they will just want you to take another pill--that's usually the answer. your taking a proactive approach to get yourself healthier seems to be working and the right way to go. good for you, or as they say now--good on you.
Jan,I can so relate--- I know I have way too much stuff and my son has already told me to start getting rid of it because he does not want to deal with it!!!
Well, Thelma, Im not on any meds and guess what I did--I am to start a class in Austin on Wed, which is today. But all day yesterday, I thought it was Wednesday so I rushed around, tried to throw together enough stuff for one night, planning to go back home this morning. Ed seemed sort of surprised to see me yesterday but he very graciously asked where I would like to go to eat supper--well, I said, oh I have to be at my glass class at 7:00 so I won't have time to go out......he said, my dear, today is Tuesday, not Wednesday!! So--I have done a lot of forgetful things but I think this one takes the cake!!
Nancy I think you are right about the bobcat. Someone else said if I could smell it, it was probably a cat of some type, but I could only think of a mountain lion which we do have rare sightings of. but it would wreak more havoc. We have ringtail cats but they have never bothered plants. I've thought of armadillos but they dont have a smell and they dont run away and are too small to get the big plants and scatter them all over the porch. I have thought aboutgetting a camera to see but dont want to spend the money. I'm hoping it will go away.
Bunny I am glad things are looking better for you.
Kathy it's about time for you to check in and let us know how you are doing.
Marianne thanks for keeping this thread going when the rest of us are off with other issues. you give such wonderful support and encouragement to us all.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2012 10:34:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  03:16:02 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, How nice it was to hear from you! How lucky you are to have such a relationship with your SIL and how lucky is your husband, too. So often in=law relationships are strained at best that to actually enjoy each other should be celebrated, as you are doing. No trips planned for her visit yet? Enjoy, gf, lucky you! And be sure to let us know about the fun you had. Now what is this about sub par sewing skills? Is it just that you find sewing things other than garments more satisfying? I have a funny feeling that you are being very modest...

Glenda, glad to hear that Ed is a smart gentleman and knows to always greet you with enthusiasm. Even when he wonders why you are there! What a great story. Thanks for sharing and making me feel like I am doing A OK thinking that Tuesday was Friday all day. Sheesh. I have seen a bobcat twice in my life. I guess that really means that I have seen two bobcats in my life. Once in Kansas and once a few months ago right out our back windows, overlooking the now famous "mollie's Canyon." Both times, it sort of unnerved me. They are beautiful, but they move in such a stealthy manner that I found it spooky.

Oh girls, my dear Mollie is doing so great. She still labors to breathe, which can be a bit much when you can't hear the tv, but I know I will miss her so much when she passes so that is just a quickly passing annoyance. It really makes me so happy to see her everyday. Sammie, the yellow lab, is so devoted to us. She is the type of dog that just won't take her eyes off you. To the point that she misses cats, deer, pretty much everything.

Well, I know you all want to know what exciting things are going on in my life, so hold onto your hats ladies. Today... we are having the septic pumped. Now, don't be too jealous of the glamour which I call life. It is always nice to get such chores checked off for the next five or more years. As my son once told me, at the ripe old age of fifteen, "I am no stranger to sarcasm." I guess, sarcasm gets me through life sometimes!

Later!
marianne
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  08:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning from Idaho. We have been having wonderful weather. Cool at night, but warm and beautiful during the day. I am praying for rain in the northern parts of Idaho. It is still burning. They believe it will burn till the snow falls.

School has been crazy busy. The homless part has not been as bad as I thought. The term Homeless is very broad. Not really what you think of when someone says homeless. I think living in a cardboard box or under a bridge. Homeless is really a lot more. If you live in a house with a relitive not your parents then that is considered homeless. If you live with another family in their home you are homeless. The list goes on. So of all the students we really do not have any that are homeless in the traditional sense. But many are still in need of help.

Patty love the pics. I think the new door is wonderful. I don't think I could bend over all the time either.

Connie that is a great idea. I don't know why I did not think of it. I work a split schedule now that the after school program has statred. So I have about an hour and 15 min to my self. Not enough time to go home so I think I will craft.

Bunny I will keep you in my prayers. I remember working and going to school. No fun at all. Way to much stress.

Thelma I hope the new treatments work. I will keep you in prayer.

Glenda don't forget the lemonade. Sometimes Darlys wont share that with anyone but the pool boys. LOL

Patty keeping you in prayer. Let us know how all the tests go.

Jana Welcome
We are a very fun and loving group. I am glad you joined us.

Marianne That is a wonderful idea. I think Glenda you should really consider it. A foundation can be worked as much or as little as you want.

Bunny praise God! and keep praying. It really works.

Glenda your coment about to much stuff made me laugh. My 2 DDs told me the same thing. But when I started giving stuff away they got upset. LOL They wanted some of the stuff I gave to other people. LOL I told them not to complain about my stuff then.

Well I best get going. The bell has rung and I have students coming in.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  3:22:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited! I got a job at the college library. I was told they had already hired someone. I was interviewing for financial aid work study jobs on Tuesday. I told the coordinator how bummed I was about the library job because I has applied at libraries before but without experience had been out of luck. It is only 10 hours a week and they will work around my school schedule. So.. No more worries about finances for this school year! Prayer worked big time!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  3:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, that is great news!!!! Yes, prayers do help. I am so excited for you!!!!! Not long now before you are back in school.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  5:43:07 PM  Show Profile
Hello from Maryland. Yes it is me just checking in so you won't think I'm hogging all the pool boys!

My oldest daughter (who lives in Baltimore) keeps coming down to do some cleaning and helping out every week. Bless her all to pieces!! I mean, Jenny can only do so much. But those little dust bunnies were staring at me from under the blanket chest!! And, I know there was something growling at me from behind the toilet!!!

I still get some tomatoes from the garden, and there's several butternut squash still out there waiting for me, but the rest of my garden is all but gone. But next year will be great.

My shoulder still hurts like crazy a lot of the time and I have very little feeling in my hand & can't hold on to things & I'm still typing left handed, but, hey, things could be way worse, right? At least I still have the pool boys!! The guy with the ponytail gives a great massage!!

Prayers all around & great big hugs because you are all so caring.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  5:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Bunny I am so happy for you - prayers do work but your grit and determination had a big part in it too. You just don't give up. I admire you so much.

I am back home and there is no sign of the critter having been here while I was gone. I left the outside lights on so maybe that kept it away.

The glass class was fun and interesting. We took a fiber like product about 1/4 inch thick and cut out our own design, laid it down (5" by 6") and then chose a clear glass sheet and laid it over that, then a color glass sheet of our choice over that, and it will go in the glass kiln this week and when we go to class next week we will see what we got. it will be a glass tile, which demonstrates slumping and fusing. The clear and the color sheets fuse together into one sheet and then the liquid glass will "slump" into the hills and valleys of the template. I did an abstract design by cutting border pieces with scrapbook sissors that produce a wavy line, then punched various size holes and cut pieces out with an exacto knife, then laid the pieces I had cut out around on the template so I could see results of both adding and subtracting. There are 8 in the class and every piece will be different as we all just worked spontaneously with no plan or pattern. I forgot to take a picture but will try to take one of the finished pieces next week I chose a bright blue for my color. This class was called "kiln carving" It will heat to about 1800 degrees in the kiln.

We are having some lovely weather. I need to be working outside. Maybe tomorrow.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  5:53:57 PM  Show Profile
Kathy we posted at the same time. Glad you checked in and now we know it's you who has those pool boys, so we have falsely accused Darlys but since you have been so sick I think it is only fair that you have them til you are all better! hang in there and hope you feel better every day. and you have got some good dd's to help you out. I wouldn't worry about the dust bunnies, they multiply and come right back.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  5:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I wrote this yesterday but was unable to post it from my very slow internet location,

I am at Kethry's driving school teacher's house while Kethry is downstairs doing the in class piece of her driving lessons.

I am up to reading page 338. The internet access is very, very slow here. I am waiting for page 339 to load.

The weather is cooling down here in lovely Central Vermont. The nights have been in the low forties and the days in the sixties or seventies. One morning when it was very overcast I lit the woodstove to take the chill of the air in the house.

The children have started their homeschooling. I write in their assignment books what is expected each day. In the past I have chased their butts to get the work done,. this year I have told them if you finish your work you can do your fun activities like fall baseball for Talie and working at night for money for Kethry. I check their work in the evenings. It is easier on me to let them regulate their time. I am trying very hard ot to butt into their time management or lack of it.

I am taking a Tai Chi class on Tuesday evenings. I have never done anything like this before. It is very slow precise movements. We have had three lessons. Practicing is good. It makes me slow down even if it is just for a few minutes.

Last week Mr Guinea sacrificed himself for Mrs Guinea and the children. I heard a loud guinea call in the dark of the night. In the morning he was not there. Mrs. Guinea called for a long time that day. Now she is alone herding the younglings.

the turkeys are in the freezer as of last Thursday. They were good looking birds. I think they averaged 20 pounds or so.

Someone in my house who was supposed to shut the door to the chicken house did not do so last week and some wild thing took one or more of the birds for its supper. Now the chickens will not go back in their house for the night. They are roosting in the barn. This is not a bad thing it is just not what I had planned. We have many eggs now. We have quiche at least once a week. I make three at a time so that is a whole dozen eggs. Everyone likes quiche at my house so that is a bonus.

We do have big news to share. I believe now the decision is solid. I have been looking for a playmate for Ross for the last two and a half years. We have put our names in for many children and not been chosen. Last week our social worker here in Vermont called and said a sw in Sherman, Texas was interested in placing a sibling set of two boys into our family. They are six and seven years old. The social worker has looked at our home study and talked to our social worker and still likes us. She said we were the family the team has chosen for these two boys. Our sw said the time frame is four months because of the paper work.. I am hoping for by winter holiday. I am hoping nothing goes wrong in the interim.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page