True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  5:14:40 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was overcast all day with off and on showers. After dark it poured for a half hour or so. the temperatures have been in the sixties all day. the night temperatures in the forties.

I did not do anything special today. I am trying to clean up an empty bedroom for Taliesin to move into so the new boys can move into his old room which is close to our bedroom. Talie's new bedroom was used as a storage room although it was originally made and painted for a bedroom. Just a little more then he can move in and I can fix the holes he made in the walls of his old room. He punched and kicked the walls I think to see if he could. Makes me crazy. I believe I threatened him with losing and entire season of sports if his new room has any holes made in the walls.

I made a form of slop for supper. I took the leftover chicken soup from last night, put it in a cake pan and put drop biscuits on top. It was filling and not to bad for the taste buds.

Sweet dreams everyone,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  9:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Been busy preparing for craft show next month. The time is just flying by me. I will post more tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  02:50:45 AM  Show Profile
Holly, Your chicken dumpling soup sounds pretty darn good. Hope the wall repair is going smoothly. I remember having a teenage boy and having to convince him to do the right thing by talking about who controls things in the household. Ended up having to throw the breaker to his room to prove my point, but in the end he saw it my way! Doesn't that sound like a crazy extent to have to go to to make a point? Have you gotten word that the two boys are coming home to you for certain?

I finally finished my apron yesterday. I really like how it turned out. Now I get to start something Christmas themed.

Other than that it was a very quiet day. We got the beginning of a three day rain storm, so being inside and sewing really seemed like a good idea.

Have a lovely day!
marianne

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  08:21:56 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning from Idaho

We have had sun, rain, and wind. I think fall is here and winter is not far behind.
October is hunting month here in Idaho. So I will not see to much of my DH. So far all that has been seen are does and fawns. So no deer meat yet.

Jan I hope you get your garden put to bed. My DD was supose to get raised beds in but so far her and her DH can not decide where to put them. At this rate it will be next fall before they get put in.

Marianne what do you put in your lavender starters? Is it just dried lavender?

Bunny I am glad school is going good. I am not a math fan.

We are having a big storm right now. All the students are hopping the power goes out so we can all go home.
So I had better get off and make sure all the surge protecters are on.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  08:52:57 AM  Show Profile
We are back from Northern Minnesota. Spent 4 days with great friends, helping them get ready for a hugh estate auction. I found several things for my basement like fake trees and such. I also came home with 3 nice pieces of jewelry and some pottery in my kitchen colors. I set a $100 budget for myself and spent $138 which included a small credenza that I am going to use for a tv stand. The gal who is going to paint my basement floor is coming in 2 or 3 weeks so i am storing things in my office until I can carry them to the basement. I am going to have that basement done before the holidays if it kills me. Then the first of the year I will purchase a TV, small refrigerator, and a fireplace. I am really getting excited!

I have read everyone's posts and am glad things are holding together for everyone. Sounds like we are nesting in after busy summer activities. When sewing and craft projects are being started we know that we will have plenty to entertain ourselves with during the cold months ahead. Sprucing up the insides of our homes is also a sign that we will be spending more time inside. Good luck chickie poos with all your projects no matter how simple or detailed they may be. Taa taa until later girly girls!
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  11:55:25 AM  Show Profile
hello everyone! I did check with the electrical company but at that time i did not have their "insurance" coverage so nothing will be replaced by them. Since that time, i have taken out their insurance and if it happens again they will replace it up to $2000 worth. I am just thankful that I was home when it happened and it didn't burn my house down or kill any of my furbabies.
It means that i won't be doing any canning anytime soon so i will learn to love my crockpot! hehe Everything for good...
got to go!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  12:03:44 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I got your beautiful booklet today. You better be careful or I might just show up on your doorstep looking for a room. Lol. What a wonderful place to live.
I think your chicken soup with dumplings sounds like pretty decent fare. Cheap and filling.

Thelma, good to have you home. Sounds like your basement will be a wonderful place to cozy up in. My mom's basement is pretty funky and not finished well. but I don't know what I would do without it. It is a refuge for me.

Dianne, funny how different perception about the power going out can be. I use to love it when I worked for someone else. But when I had my own shop I hated the power going out. No power, no sales.

I got a B on my algebra test. Very thankful. Not pushing for an A in this class. Just happy to be doing well.
Speaking of algebra....homework is waiting.

Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  2:58:26 PM  Show Profile
Bunny - Congrats on passing your exam! Math was never my strong suit.

Janiee - I love my crock pot! You will too. One of my favs is put celery, carrots, onions, potatoes & any other 'hard' type veggies on the bottom. Cut to the same size. Then dump a whole or cut up chicken right on top. Use whatever spices you like, put the lid on & set for 8-10 hours. How easy can you get. Look up crock pot meals on line & you'll see -- gathering the ingredients takes more time than putting it all together. I've even made fruit deserts in mine.

Holly - LOVED reading through your booklet. I wish you would have added a note to show where you live. And, thanks for sending it. Jenny liked going through it too, but husband wanted to know if you'd let him come hunting. The tiny little things they have around here that pass for deer are nothing compared to the deer on the west coast, but he'd love to bag an elk.

Just got back from the butcher. We ordered a "family" package that is supposed to have enough meat for a family of 4 for 3 months. After repacking everything, we decided it may last 1 month. Yes, we are meat eaters and we eat a it a lot!!

Gotta go. Prayers to all, and good night.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  10:09:32 AM  Show Profile
It rained and is raining so my very tired hubby is taking a day off from field work. I think he is still sitting in the same chair he dropped into this morning. Gets up to get coffee now and then. It is nice to have him home as it has been a long 6 weeks of being by myself until late every night.
Three weeks from now the elections will be over and we can move on. Wonder what kind of adds will replace the political ones on TV and what will an empty mailbox feel like? giggle. I better get moving as I want to find a pattern for my grandson's tractor quilt he will be getting for Christmas. Digging into my sewing things will be a good rainy afternoon diversion. Take care my chickie poos.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  1:05:16 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

Most of you should be receiving the book in the mail by now. It was a proomo putout by the fur, fish and feather organization here in Vermont. We can see Hunger Mountain and Worcester Mountain from the house. Thjey are popular hiking places for the local school groups.

If you look on page 7 the small arrow that is second from the right at the top of the map the bottom of the arrow points to about where Worcester is in Vermont. now how was that for a run on sentence for you? lol

If anyone does not receive a booklet in the next few days let me know. I used the birthday list.

Kathy your dh is welcome to come north to hunt. We are on the east coast, the only land locked state in New England. We have moose here not elk but it is a process to win a moose permit for out of state people.

enjoy the sunlight.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  3:17:18 PM  Show Profile
Holly, i got your booklet in today's mail. I am going to fix us a bite to eat then put my feet up and enjoy it. Just clancing at the pictures i was totally blown away by Vermont's beauty. You would hate Iowa's very flat landscapes.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  3:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Well, I was hoping to get my garden cleaned up so I could allow the chickens out of their pen/palace so they could scratch it up, turn it all over & fertilize it....but, last Friday, while Jenny and I were moving some plants out of the garden & into the greenhouse, Jenny pointed up into the tall tree behind our house and asked what kind of bird that was....looking up I saw a beautiful bird. It's a falcon-I told her, pointing out the beautiful feathers around it's head. Probably a male, sitting on a branch, hardly 50 yards from us. Jenny said wow-what do they eat? It hit me just as I opened my mouth. They'll eat just about anything they can jump on-like chickens!!
Guess I can only let the girls out when I'm in the garden with them. Darn falcon! Why'd he choose my house to sit behind? Although I haven't heard him for a couple of days...maybe he moved on.

Cold at night has started to create a beautiful fall. Honestly, this is the only thing I like about living in Maryland. If not for the 4 seasons you can actually see, I would have pushed a lot harder to leave years ago.

Since my hand has not gotten better, I am considering legal action against the dr who botched my surgery. I've held off because I was just sort of hoping it would get better. I hate being the cause for raising of medical malpractice insurance just because I can't use my hand. Hubby thinks we ought to just talk to an attorney. I have an appointment to see a hand dr next week and hopefully he can help me out with some of the pain. He may be able make it all better. (like my rose colored glasses?)

Jenny will be out tomorrow, & since it's supposed to rain tomorrow night, I'm going to try to clean another part of the garden for bedding down. We have a very invasive 'weed' growing up over the fence. My neighbor thinks it's a pretty vine & encourages it to grow. It's called "Creeping Virginia" and it does have pretty leaves, but it grows really fast and kills everything in it's wake. All I can do is cut it down on my side and bag it up as garbage.

I've got some 'green compost' seeds to plant that will grow quickly, then die & rot in the ground....gee, you'd think I was talking to people who din't know what that is!! <tee hee>

By the way - Where is everybody? Y'all need to check in so we know we haven't lost ya'.

Prayers all around & goodnight.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  5:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I recieved the booklet. Thank you so much!!! Love the area. Hubby and I will have to make it a point to go to Vermont when we travel the country in a couple of years.
Kathy, you are such a busy gal in the garden again. Today was the first day it did not rain, it was beautiful out, but too windy to work outside. Supposed to be nice this weekend, so hoping to get my gardens done then. Fingers crossed!!!
Thelma, glad you had a nice trip and came back with some treasures. Your basement sounds like it is going to be a great retreat for you.
Bunny, good to hear you are doing well in school. I used to love Algebra, but now my brain is not attentive enough to try to figure that out. Hard enough to figure out all the new gadgets that are on the market now.
Hope all are doing well, been so quiet lately. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  05:48:20 AM  Show Profile
Holly, thank you so much for the booklet. Looking through it made me want to go there for a visit. It would have to be in the summer though as I don't know if I could bear up under the cold weather. I have visited the snow in the local mountains in CA but that was only for a day to go skiing.

Bunny, you have the right idea about the lousy teacher. I had one for my class in statistics and passed with a B. All he ever wanted to say when anyone asked a question was,"That isn't worth a hill of beans." The only way we were able to pass the tests was the advice from the aid helping him. If I had problems in any other classes I went to the teacher after class. I found out that if I did that I was able to get much better grades. Didn't learn that until I went to college.

Thelma I am so glad you are feeling better. Hope that the blood tests come out well.

Love you all and have been so busy lately. The owners of our devleopment have purchased some land next to us and plan to put some commercial shops there along with a huge assisted living/nursing home building. So many of the people living here have been spending time at meetings finding out the facts and finding out what we can do to have some control over what happens.

Take care, lovelies, and be extra good to yourselves.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  07:35:08 AM  Show Profile
We are getting drizzle again this morning. It did clear off enough yesterday afternoon so we could get some fall outside work done. Snow gets so deep around here that every thing has to be stored in sheds. Darwin tilled the garden, but didn't empty the composst. I quess it will be there to use for spring tillage.
Tonight our travel club is hosting a dinner for us. they supply the main course and dessert and we each bring a small pass around. Yesterday I made a cranberries and apple dish. sort of like cranberry sauce. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, listening to good music, and talking about all the things the group saw and did in 2012. Wow. are we this close to a new year already???????????????
I better have a cuppa Joe with Dar and then pick a project for today. didn't get to the sewing yesterday so maybe I will start there. who knows. I'll respond to your posts when I take a break later today. Love to all my chickie poos.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  10:40:19 AM  Show Profile
I have been reading each day ... and just have had too much on my plate to write. But I do keep you all close to me.

Holly! Loved the booklet ... Larry was reading it as I fell asleep last night. Thank you so much! (And for the b'card & magnet, too!)

Kathy, I'm so sorry that your hand isn't healing as it should ... you need to do what you need to do. I hope the new doctor has some magic he can use.

Thelma ... you are sounding so wonderfully "up" and perky these days. I need to get busy organizing my fabric and sewing/craft stuff - AGAIN! You do inspire the Christmas crafty/seamstress "elf" in me.

Bunny - so happy you are "on your game" - and that school is going well.

Weather here has been toasty again. But we are supposed to cool off over the weekend and the weather guessers are predicting rain for Monday and Tuesday.

Made an adorable little dress for 2-1/2 year old great-GD (Nevaeh) and also a cute little artist smock. Then I made a darling apron for her big sister (great-GD Emma who just turned 12) and I got the sweetest call from Emma saying how much she loved it.

I am busy making small quilts for doll cradles that a friend will be selling at a Christmas Craft Faire. I've never done this before (for sale, I mean). It's kind of fun ... choosing themes and such. I'm not working from patterns. I'm just digging in my stash to see what I can come up with. I've got an "Artist Snoopy" theme and a Christmas (panel) theme quilted and ready for binding. I've got a Storybook" started and a pastel pink "Bunnies and Flowers" fabric stack at the ready. I'm making 4 and my girlfriend is making 4. (Her husband made the cradles.) The Faire is November 12th at a Catholic church in Oakhurst.

And have I mentioned that my daughter's surgery is now on again? Larry and I will go to Oakhurst this weekend, returning (as usual, on Sunday evening) and I will be heading to Santa Barbara (5 hour trip) on Monday morning. Surgery is scheduled now for Tuesday and I will stay with her until Saturday. Then she will have a friend with her for four more days.

This year I am only going to volunteer at the Junque Sale for one set-up day. That will be November 1st. It feels a bit strange as I have been coordinating it for 35 years. The woman who is taking over for me has been part of it all those years and she is doing fine. But, when I'm around ... volunteers turn to me for "issues" and I really need to turn it over. Feels kind of strange not to be immersed in it though. Every year it consumed me from August until the event was over (first Sat. in Nov.).

I just have to share this! It's just a snippet of an article my sister just sent me: The subject line said something to the effect of "It's not Aging. Whew!" ----

We’ve all experienced it: The frustration of entering a room and forgetting what we were going to do. Or get. Or find.

New research from University of Notre Dame Psychology Professor Gabriel Radvansky suggests that passing through doorways is the cause of these memory lapses. -----

The article goes on about his study that essentially proves that we are all very much in our right minds. It's not our fault we forget -- it's the DOORWAY! Yep. It's the fault of the doorway. The doorway makes us forget. Yes! (If you google the professor's name, the article is the 3rd hit.)

Well, I've used my alloted morning coffee time today - and got to run a couple of errands now. Already got my flu shot.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  12:46:44 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

A beautiful day here in the Green MOuntains, sunny, warm in the high fifties with a gently greeze. There is enough of a wind to lift the milk weed umbrellas high into the sky where they sparkle on the sun beams.

I am glad you are finding the booklets interesting. I thought is was a great find that told about the area and the price was right....... free. Actually I only got hold of ten copies so I called the Department of Fish and wildlikfe and they sent me ten more by Fed Ex. I was amused because they sent them from two towns over.

We are going to see Chic Corea at the Hopkins Center at Dartmouth New Hampshire.

Nancy watch those developers so your neighborhood does not turn into a throughway.

Have a lovely evening,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  4:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi all

I wanted to check in before I run off this weekend. I am headed to a spinning retreat in Washington. I will be at a camp called Bear Paw. It is outside of Newport Washington. I hope to learn a lot and have a lot of fun. 3 days with not one to worry about but myself. Will I be able to handle it? Yes! LOL

Holly I love the book yo sent. I already started reading about some of the interesting people. Thank You

Thelma glad you are back safe and sound.

Bunny congrats on the "B"

Darlys I will keep your daughter in prayer.

I had best get moving. I have to finish up here and then start packing. I leave tomorrow at 9 am.

Have a great weekend
Dianne
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  5:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, How lucky you are to be able to go to a spinning retreat. That sounds like so much fun. I bought a wheel 2 years ago, and no one here to teach me how to spin. Tried once, but got discouraged. That is on my winter list. I have crates full of fiber ready to spin.
Holly, glad you are still having such nice weather. It rained all day here again, and only 44 degrees. It is damp out there.
Darlys, Prayers sent for your daughter. Hope her surgery goes as expected. Keep us posted.
Thelma, nice that you are having a nice dinner with the travel club. Yes, it is hard to believe that it is almost the end of the year already. Time sure does fly by us all.
Kathy, Hope you do get some relief and answers about your hand. My shoulder replacement left me with not being able to raise my hand over my head or reach out very far at all.
I work tomorrow, so won't get much done around here, but that is okay. I need a break. I have been home so much lately, usually I run errands almost daily. Not in the cold and rain though.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  6:29:40 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Oct 18 2019 9:40:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  10:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

It is pouring out right now. Most of the leaves have fallen from the trees. The oak and a few sugar maples are hanging on. The hills are a charcoal gray with spots of bright orange-yellow.

I am trying to fix the holes in Taliesin's old room that the new boys will move into. I have told Taliesin if he kicks or punches or throws balls at the walls to make holes in his new room I will ground him from a season of sports. Accidents are one thing intentionally putting a hole 24" X 50" is not ok. Cna you tell I am more than a bit annoyed with my wonderful son.

I have bread rising in the oven. A good day for nice warm fresh bread.
Jan I hope you had a wonderful day at the shop and sold many pieces.
Dianne the spinning workshop sounds interesting. It is always fun to go somewhere with like minded woment.
Glenda I do not envy your decision on whether to sell your property or not. Do you want to live near your dd?
I am left handed as well.
Darlys when the lemons are ripe....

hugs to you all.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  1:12:40 PM  Show Profile
hello gals...just popped in to thank Holly for the book she sent to me. I love it and it is beautiful. so much more peaceful looking than where i live. hope everyone is ok and see you guys in about a week!
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  03:17:23 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I want to thank you for the lovely book. Look forward to reading it.

I miss being on the forums more often. Love reading the stories of what all of you are up to!

Fall is in the air here and it's so nice to have the cool air and pretty colors in the trees!
Temps have been in the 60s and lots of breeze/wind that is actually making some branches bare already!
Think we may have a long and snowy winter ahead?

My thoughts and prayers are with each of you. Hope all have a good weekend.

The flu bug has grabbed thru my family here. : (
I'm fighting it and plan a quiet weekend with bed rest !!

Take care, ladies!

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  05:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

Holly, I left Sourthern CA because the developers had absolutely ruined Orange County with all the housing development and the commercial building. The traffic became so bad and the people so anxious and rude. Hopefully, we homeowners here can stop that crazy development. The developers don't care and they don't have to live here.

Kathy I am so sorry about your hand. I will continue to pray for it to get better.

Dianne sounds like you are going to have a great time on your retreat.

Glenda hopefully you will be able to sell your place and be able to live closer to your daughter. A smaller place will be easier for you and you won't have to deal with all that yard work. I miss our emails and know that you have been so busy. I still pray for your brother. How is he doing?

I am catching up on my letter writing today. Thank goodness I only have 2 pen pals that I write to. I only write about once every month or so and after I send my letters it is only a few days later that I get an answer.

Off to do errands and let the cat out. OUr weather here has been outstanding for this past week. Hope it continues to be mild with lovely breezes and low humidity.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  3:56:32 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had a gorgeous day today. I woke with the temperature almost 50 degrees. The day warmed to the high 60's. I was walking around in my t shirt. I went to a farm equipment auction and someone was sitting on a baler in his tank top. I did not buy anything. I was looking for a tiller but the only one there was an 8 foot wide one and it is way to wide for anything I could use it for.

I went to a few yard sales. The first one had young children things and I picked up some clothes and toys for Ross'. The ski and skate sale was today and I picked up three pairs of ice skates for Ross and the new boys. I figured I could get $10 skates for each of them because who knows if we will have ice or if they will even like skating. and then by next year they will have grown out of them.

I pulled up some of the garden trying to get it ready for winter. I had Leo in the garden drumming. It kept him out of trouble and kept me company. Leo is 28. He was born at 27 weeks gestation 28 years ago. he is essentially non verbal and signs to communicate. he makes people feel good by being with them or touching them. he is a great drummer. Tall African hand drums not with sticks.

Nancy i do hope you can stop the development or at least have a say in the design of the structure.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page