True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  3:31:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

We are still waiting, waiting and more waiting. The wind has been blowing most of the afternoon. The rain started about a half hour ago. We cleaned up the yard this morning so there will not be a lot of buckets and debris blowing around. I put the car we owe on into the garage so none of its windows will be broken if something is blown at a high rate of speed. lol

We should be fine if the electricity goes off. I hope it does not go off so long that it compromises the freezers. A tree crew cleared the power lines this fall so if the power goes out it will not be within miles of the house. I suppose a once intact tree could fall and short it out but we hope that they have enough bend in them that they will not.

Thelma - safe trip to you and Santa. I hope the news is good at the Mayo.

Jan, Marianne and Nancy all in the same nasty place with children and their relationships. Someday maybe they will figure out who they are missing and make amends.

I like art museums. Well, I like museums in general. We do not have many close to us but there are several a little more than an hour away that are splendid.

I bought rollers to paint walls so if the weather is nasty I will have something to do. Haha like I do not really have enough to do.

I heard from my friend who lives on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. She said they had been having rain all day and some wind. they had not lost electricity. She believed that they were through the worse. So, maybe Kathy is doing alright.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  4:42:15 PM  Show Profile
I do hope and pray that all out east are safe from the storm and do not lose power for too long. Stay safe.
We are even getting some of the winds this far already!!!! It is amazing how far a storm can go at one time. We may even get some snow out of this. We shall see. I am still busy working on children's hats for the sale. Just finished an owl one. It turned out pretty cute.
Thelma, hope all your tests come out good and the new drug you are on is doing some good. Have a safe trip there and back.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  5:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Thinking about all of you on the east coast!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  6:16:06 PM  Show Profile
Watching the storm updates on CNN. So scary. Hope kathy is fine. Holly, hope you all keep your electricity in good working order. This is just incredible. So glad to not be involved.

Thelma, best wishes for good news. Glad you continue to feel well.

Linda, your weekend sounds like it was heaven on earth. I am a big museum fan, too. Drug the kids to museums in each new city we lived when they were growing up. Now that my daughter moved away she called and laughingly told me she had drug her boyfriend to a museum!! I always thought it was incredible to see things you have read about.

Holly your photos are awesome. Love the close ups. It makes you really see the subject. I think using black and white makes you really see a person in a portrait, too. Glad your slaughtering is over and glad you don't have all that meat in the freezer yet if you might lose power!

marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  6:18:11 PM  Show Profile
Jan, your owl hat sounds so cute! Owls are so popular right now. It will be a big hit.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  6:40:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello everybody,
The storm just made landfall so I guess we will know soon how bad it is going to get. I have had the TV on most of the day so while I am going in and out of the house I can see what it is doing.
What a horrible situation. My heart goes out to all those people - fires - floods - what next!

I am also in that club where a child or their spouse doesn't feel the need to maintain a relationship. I did not like my first mother-in-law at all but my children never knew. My son's first wife tried to disassociate (is that a word?)his family completely, like your DIL, Marianne, which made her such a horrible person that my son finally left, so then she turned his own children against him as well. Neither my son nor I have seen his daughter since she was 12 and she is in her 20s now and I very rarely see his two sons from that marriage. My friend Ed has a granddaughter he hasn't seen in many years for the same reason. I remember other ladies posting similar experiences on this forum before, so it must be somewhat common. I am lucky that my son is married now to a sweet woman who goes out of her way to make sure their son knows all the people who love him, regardless of her personal feelings.

Great pictures, Holly. The first one in particular is excellent photography. You do have the artist's eye. I don't have an art project going except for the glass. I have to get back to Austin and pick up the one I did week before last and drop off the last piece for the kiln, I didn't manage to finish it before I had to come back home. I have to say the class rekindled my interest in glassworking. My daughter makes soap and she wants me to make some glass soap dishes to try to market together. right now we are both so busy.

Marianne when my daughter was younger she stayed mad at me for a long time for leaving her father and anything else she could think of to be mad at me about, but she has grown up, I have mellowed out and learned not to criticize and we are now very close. I slipped up last week and critized my children for their political views which are based on emotion and not fact, and it has caused a little tiff but I think they are about to forgive me. I don't like my mom trying to impose her religious views on me so I guess my kids are within their rights about politics as well. I have a couple of great kids.

I am reading one of Oprah's favorite books, The Seat of The Soul by Gary Zukav, who also wrote The Dancing Wu Li Masters, which I downloaded on the Nook. He says "Never worry about the person who betrayed you because they have created a karmic debt that they will have to pay" Can't help but think of two ex-husbands while I ponder that....

Even my dogs are mad at me tonight. Lola is in solitary confinement (the crate) for misbehaving and Penny is avoiding me because she's not sure if she is in trouble or not. Some bad karma around here......
good night everyone, and stay safe

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  04:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!

Watching news and wow, that storm packed a ton of damage and power outages!
Thinking of you ladies that may be affected! Know that we all are thinking about you and hope to hear news from our Farmgirls as soon as they are able.

Hope everyone is doing ok this morning.......

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  1:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

We have been spared the wrath of the weather. The clouds are still moving in the wrong direction. The clouds here usually move from west to east. today they are moving south to north.

This afternoon was very sunny. There is some wind but not enough to bother. Last night a tree at the bottom of the friend's whom we care for yard fell onto the power line and caused a short outage. the fire department and the electric company were out pretty quick taking it down.

I painted most of the living before lunch this morning. It is a light gray although my dd tells me it looks light lavender. I wonder how long it will be before the first child needs to sign his/her name on the newly painted wall.

I hope there are adequate resources for the people who have been flooded in the central part of the east coast. Does anyone know of a website that is listing needs?

Have a good afternoon and evening.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  3:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Holly,
Good to hear that you and your family are doing ok!

Quite scary!
I haven't heard of any sites other than helping the Red Cross to do what they do best. I am sure there will be more info soon though?

Everyone take care and be safe

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  3:57:00 PM  Show Profile
OK - Just logging on for a few minutes to let you know I haven't blown or floated away. It was a bit dicey for a couple of hours, but we only lost power for about 5 minutes. Just long enough for hubby to put on his hat, coat & boots, go out to the shed & bring the generator up. It was so funny - well almost.

Chickens were up to their little chicken knees in mud & water out in the pen, so Jenny & I set them up in the play pen - actually it's the dogs wading pool (6"deep) with a big circle of wire fencing that we surround with plastic table clothes to keep dogs away....which doesn't work, dogs just lift the ends up & crawl underneath. Still can't reach the girls, but can ruffle their feathers. They are not laying very well, but that's to be expected with winter coming on and all. I'll tell you this - the chickens didn't like being dragged out of their muck and into a nice dry play pen!! Kept nipping at my fingers. I had to flick Speckles's beak a couple of time to get her to stop & Freckles was just as peckish!! They settled down to quiet clucking after we put the top on their play pen. I went out to the pen this morning & put a couple of inches of dry dirt & some pine shavings in the coop so they could get dry. When we put them back---they headed right to the muddiest part of their pen to scratch!! Go figure.

Anyway - arm update......hand doctor said I have significant damage to the nerve in my right elbow & will need surgery to release pressure on the nerve. I may never get the feeling back in my pinkie or ring fingers. Kinda makes it hard to type. I was an executive sect most of my career & could type 55-60 words per minute. Won a contest years ago beating out over 100 other typists. I hit 75wpm with no errors.....now I have to type so slowly that it drives me crazy. I'm trying to "make" those fingers work, they just won't listen!!

Well, goodnight sisters. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers..as you are all in mine.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  3:59:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, and the pictures are beautiful Holly. I especially liked the night pic - was that fluff weed? Some kind of swamp-ish plant?

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:57:39 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear from you, Kathy. I am so sorry about your hand and arm. (I am impressed with your -former- typing speed. I was pretty fast, too ... but not like you!) I can only imagine your frustration - with much more than typing.

And Holly. Love the photos. Been reading every word you write ... I don't know how you do it all ... and keep up here. I'm chalking it up to your youth. You might want to go to the Red Cross website (www.redcross.org)to see what we can do to help. Out here, we are giving blood and money. Apparently when they get donations such as food and clothing and blankets they have to go through everything (making more work) sorting appropriate groceries and making sure clothes are clean and sorted to size, and sizing blankets, etc. I understand that they can get exactly what they need, with a lot less work for them, when we donate money. That goes for everything from paying for housing, medicine, food, etc.

Also, I hear the Salvation Army is on many of the sites as well. I don't know their website - but you could google them.

I am in overload mode this week having just returned from Santa Barbara. I am catching up on laundry and cleaning, etc. here. Ginger is fine and doing well on her own now. Everything, in spite of the length of the surgery, was perfect. And, Marianne - no, they were not keeping me informed in spite of my requests. I was continually told "Looks like they are just closing up." (They weren't.) But all is well.

Also, this coming Saturday is the Junque Sale (which I no longer am in charge of) but I agreed to volunteer as a worker-bee setting up tomorrow. DH will be helping set-up about 50 or so of those big folding tables at the church tonight. (We bring in extra tables from 2 more churches.) Friday evening we will head back up to Oakhurst.

Janet, stay warm as you can - looks like it might be a harsh winter.

Thelma, you are always in my prayers. Thinking of you and hoping all goes well at Mayo.

Glenda, love you, girlfriend.

Nancy, safe travel. I'll be waiting for your call.

So many of you to visit with - but I really have to keep moving around here just now. Someday, I'll get back on the farm groove. Meanwhile, prayers for those who have a need, thanks to all who had my daughter in prayer, and love and peace and contentment to every one of you. This community is s-t-r-o-n-g!

May the ghosties, goulies, goblins, warlocks, witches, super-heroes and princesses spare you the tricks and enjoy your treats. They can be so cute! I'm as ready as I can be. Happy Halloween!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  3:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi All
I survived Elk Camp. LOL Lots of rain no elk :( I did get a lot of knitting and praying done. Prayer was mostly on Monday as I am standing on the side of the road trying to get a call out. I was driving the old motor home we barrowed home early, so I could clean it out. My DH said to stop in the first town and add a little gas. he was not sure about the milage. I look at the gas gage it says half a tank. So no problem that will make it easy to the first town. NOT!!! Come to find out the gas gage does not work and I ran out of gas about 10 miles before the first town. I was so not a happy camper. I did get a call to out to a friend, none of my children would answer their phones. (Not a happy mama). So about an hour later My friend shows up with gas and then my DH shows up and says he had a bad feeling while he was hunting. You think!

Janet Happy Late Anniversary. Steak out is so worth the cost. But you are right about being spendy.

Kathryn glad you checked in. Sorry about the power thing. Glad you got the lights back on

Holly congrats on having the slautering all done. That will be one full freezer.

I did not get all the way through page 353. I need to run so will catch up later

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  4:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Halloween is in full swing here in the Green Mountains. It is warm enough out that the children can wear their costumes without coats. Ross went trick or treating in beautiful downtown Montpelier at the stores. He was happy. I am at driving lessons with Kethry at driving class. She could have gone tomorrow night to that class but she thinks two of the girls in that class are obnoxious so, here we are tonight. Only one more week of class. She has had a good time and learned some too.

I painted the walls of the stairway of the front of the house and the upstairs hallway a color called barely lavender. It covers the dirt and pencil marks. I think it covered the permanent markers.

It rained off and on all day. High clouds still moving in the wrong direction. Temperatures in the high fifties.

I made yogurt yesterday in the oven. I have a two gallon crock that I use to make 1 1/2 gallons of yogurt. I do not turn on the oven. It keeps the breeze off the crock so the yogurt just sits and turns. I meant to make granola to go with the yogurt. I forgot. I will try to remember to do it tomorrow.

Kathy I am glad to hear you and yours survived unscathed. Chickens are odd creatures. Remember their rains are the size of small peas. I have a hen who is broody and has been for several weeks. Two chickens at a time will try to sit where she is sitting. They will bicker and jostle to get on this small piece of hay in the cows crib. There is four other feet of hay crib but this little foot long space is golden.

Linda thank you for all of the kind thoughts.

Darlys I hope you have a good time and no guilt from withdrawing your talents from the Junque Sale. I am glad to hear from you and know you are well.

Jan I hear on the radio that the hurricane has raised large waves on Lake Michigan. Is this affecting you?

Nancy I guess since we have not heard from you that your FIL has passed. I am thinking of you and sending hugs over the distance.

Dianne we posted about the same time. I would ahve been in a royal snit after runnign out of gas and then not raining anyone for a long time. I am glad you are safe and warm. Alone time is so worth it.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Oct 31 2012 4:22:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  5:13:06 PM  Show Profile
I am not going to try to address each of you, but I did read your posts. Just got done eating after handing out trick or treat candy. We had 83 kids, not too many, but it was so cold and windy out, and I am still chilled to the bone. We had high winds yesterday and today. The waves on the lake were 20 feet yesterday. Today was a bit calmer, but so cold. Only got up to 32 degrees today, and with the wid it felt so much colder. Winter is upon us. Just north of us got 3 1/2 inches of snow, so it is not far away for us now either.
Yesterday I got brave and cut my hair, it was half way down my back. I cut off about 18 inches. Only took 2 years to grow, my hair grows so fast and is so thick. Now it is short and curly. I have natural curly hair, so when the weight was off, it curled right up. Now I can just wash and go!!! Alot easier.
Hope all are doing well. I will catch up tomorrow, hopefully.
Have a great evening, stay safe and warm,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  9:04:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jan, I bet your hair feels great. I wear my hair very short and I love it. I don't even own a brush or comb! I do favor long dangly earrings to balance the shortness of my hair. Still hope to not be mistaken for a man!

Holly, the lavendar color paint sounds lovely. Best wishes that it stays signature free!

Kathy it is great to hear from you. I am so sorry to hear of your continued problems and the fact that you will need further surgery. Will it be soon? So cool that you didn't lose power for long.

Dianne! Out of gas in a big ol vehicle!! Ahhh! Yay for hubby finally heeding his funny feelng!

catch up more tomorrow,
marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  05:09:18 AM  Show Profile
I have been reading all the posts and my prayers are with you all that live in that storm area. We were so lucky here that we did not get a direct hit of that storm.

Yes, my FIL did pass away on the weekend. My DH's oldest brother and youngest sister are doing all the arranging for the funeral. With the storm hitting in New England area my DH wanted to postpone the funeral until next Monday. His oldest bro said, "No way, it will be on Thurs or Friday." So be it. They finally decided on tomorrow and we can only get a direct flight for tonight. I told my DH that when I die I want a cremation and everyone is to have a party to celebrate my life. My SIL is making such a hoop-la over this funeral. She is staging a really big event.

Holly the pictures are really lovely. I love seeing them all. Sounds like the painting went well and everything is all pretty now. You have so much energy and like Darlys says it is great to have that youthfulness. I have not painted any rooms for a while. I did paper a hallway once and what a job that was.

Kathy I am praying that all will be better with your hand. My hands are not the prettiest things in the world and I know how wonderful they are being able to do so much. My mother injured her hand once and it took a very long time to get the feeling back. I hope things work out well for you.

Glenda I will email you when I get back on Tuesday. I love you sister.

Jan your curly hair must look really cute. I aways wanted curly hair but alas it was bone straight with little pieces going this way and that. Now that I am 70 I do have some wave in it but very little. I wanted to be the little blond, curly headed kid. I was the freckle faced girl with a big smile and braids. Now that I look back at the pictures I was a cute kid.

I am going to have to let this Mr. Kitty out as he is pestering me something awful as I sit here typing. Meow!

Love and prayers for you all.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  07:16:27 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, so sorry for your loss of your FIL. Have a safe trip there and back. Know that we will be thinking of you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  5:11:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

My father had curls and he gave them to my brother. My sister got a few waves. My older brother and myself have our mother's straight thin hair. Jan you are so lucky to have curls. I used to have hair down to my waist. I wore it in a long braid as an adult. As a child it was always in two braids. I would be called sir on an irregular basis. Once in the women's bathroom at the airport a woman came in looked at me and turned around to leave saying oh, sorry I am in the wrong place and left only to turn around and come back. lol It is shoulder length now because I am too chicken to get a short cut and have to maintain it at a hairdresser every how many weeks.

The temperature seems to be dropping here. It was forty when I woke up and seemed colder by the time I finished chores and lit a fire in the woodstove. I am glad for the woodstove.

I found some paint that said "back hallway" on the can. I thought it must be a very light green but now I have stirred it up and painted over a yellow wall it seems to be white or gray white. I am hoping it dries nicer than it looks now. Could the yellow glowing through hide the green tint. Ross helped me roll it on. He was very good at most of it. then towards the end he became enthusiastic and we had to finish up.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  5:43:48 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I cut my own hair, I seem to do just as good as a hairdresser here. I was not sure if I could get my right arm up high enough to cut it, but I managed. My hair grows so fast, need my bangs cut and a trim every 3 weeks. That was why I left it grow, but I did get tired of it long. I like it now, at least for awhile. I bet it was a chore having Ross's help, but hey, they grow to know how things are done that way!!! Hope it looks good when it dries. You have been going to town with painting jobs. I miss burning wood, but unable to where we live now. We are just renting here.
Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  8:23:14 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I am sorry to hear of your loss. And the difficulty you are having dealing with family at this time. People behave weirdly sometimes when they lose someone. Have a safe trip.

I, too, had a dad with curly hair, a mother with wavy hair, a sister with curly hair and mine is straight as can be! And I have SO much of it. It seems to expand in humidity and it grows like Jan's! I used to cut my own hair. Just got lazy! Everyone wants the kind of hair they don't have, don't you think?

Hubby gets home tomorrow morning. So we are going to watch "Big Bang" together on the phone tonight. Corny, but fun!

Holly, who but you, has the patience to paint with a youngster. I don't have the patience to paint with another adult!! You really are giving Ross and I am sure all your children quite a lovely childhood. Time is something that most children don't get a lot of and it is the single most important thing. That and all the extra effort you put out for the other children. It is immensely important to a teenage girl to avoid the other girls "with bad attitudes" at driving class. That makes a huge difference in her day. Anyway, consider this a pat on the back and remember it when you have one of those less rewarding days that motherhood invariably brings!

Yesterday I got some more of my irises planted. Still have more to get into the ground. I will be so happy to see them come up next year, but I really am so done with gardening at this point... Also made four casseroles on chicken scallopini (two for my freezer, two for my daughter's) and I really am done with doing that for a while! And then started a big pot of beans that I will "refry" and mix with rice for burritos for this weekend. And then I hope to be done in the kitchen for a bit.

So the palomino RAN in today when I called them for dinner. What a welcome sight after those days of limping. I had a big smile on my face when I saw him coming with that blond mane blowing.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2012 :  06:04:20 AM  Show Profile
hello everyone! read all of your messages and so much is going on! Kathy so sorry about your hands, i understand since i have carpal tunnel in both hands and work as mainly computer data entry. my boss is very nice though and understands on the days i really just cannot do a lot of that type of work.
glad the palomino is running now. always good to hear when someone we care about is doing better.
nancy so sorry to hear about your fil. hope things get better soon for you and yours.
holly, i was called a man only one time and they quickly apologized for it. i know i look better in short hair but i haven't had long hair in over 20 years and i am just enjoying it now. i didn't get home in time to have any trick or treaters but that is ok, my dogs although small sound very scary and that would not have been good.
was working on my dear jane's quilts - if i can figure out how to get pictures and post them i will-when i decided to re-do 11 of the blocks. one of the quilts will be in 1930 reproductions and i didn't use bleached muslin for the background and they just look awful when you put them together. some of the other blocks i tried to machine piece and they did not turn out too accurate so i am going to have to redo those and hand piece them so it is going to take me a lot longer than i had originally thought. hopefully some of you took a breath before i did in that last sentence :)
my mom is slowing getting worse but there is nothing i can do to help her with that. i go twice a day to make sure she is fed at those times and i am cleaning her house , laundry, etc. trying to make sure she can live at home as long as possible. she has a great fear of dying in a nursing home so i want to postpone that as long as possible.
hope everyone on the east coast is doing good and getting the help they need. prayers for all of you.
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2012 :  07:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning from Idaho
Are you all ready for the time change this week end? I love the Fall back but really hate the Spring forward. LOL

Now lets see where I left off. Oh yea the middle of page 353.

Penny what good looking guys you have. You must have done something right when raising your son. Because your GS has a good attitude and is not afraid to share you. Way to go.

Thelma you are in my prayers.

Holly I would love tell you how much I love the pics, but my computer will not let me see them :( I am sure from everyone elses coments that i am missing some great pics :(

Kathy That has got to be so frustrating. I hope the surgery on your elbow will help. Praying for you.

Darlys glad to here everything is good even with the length of the surgery.

Nancy sorry for the loss of your FIL. I know his passing is a bessing but it is still hard. Have a safe trip.

Marianne I am glad your palamino is running again. I love to watch the horses run over the feilds.

Wow I think I am caught up. I hate when I can not get on and chat. I love to read about all that everyone is doing. Love the pics. When I can see them grrr!
I am off to help a freind with her craft sale this weekend. She is trying to get me back into the swing, but I just don't know that I want to. I love crafting, but have such limmited time. She does a lot of fiber art shows and I those might be fun. I thought I would go with her to a couple of them and see if I like them. Had a great time at the the spinning retreat and she said the fiber arts shows are a lot like that.

Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2012 :  4:38:28 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The part I miss most about not having horses is watching them gallop across the field in any weather. it was particularly spectacular in deep dry snow. Marianne, I am glad your horse is healed.

Jan, my hair shows every hack or slip of the scissors. I am sure yours is lovely and it is something you have a choice about how to wear.

Janiee I am glad to hear from you. My partner had carpal tunnel surgery years ago. She said she did not know how much feeling she had lost until she got it back again. I am sorry your mother is failing, I hope she gets her wish to die at home. Do you have home health services where you live? Maybe they could help you take care of her. sometimes people at churches will step in to help.
I hope you can figure out how to post pictures of your quilts.

Dianne finding time to make enough product to sell is hard. I think if I start now I might be able to make enough for one fair by the time next year comes along. and then it is figuring out what people will buy.

It was cold all day. Cold is all relative. It was in the high thirties. I am sure in a month or so that will seem balmy. Overcast. I wish the sun would come out. That would relieve some of the doldrums.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2012 :  9:22:45 PM  Show Profile
We had cold windy weather here with snow flurries almost all day. It did not stick on the ground though. Our ground is starting to harden now, so that means it won't be long for the snow to stay.
I worked today, it was not real busy, but did okay. I knit when I work in between customers.
I had carpal tunnel surgery on both my hands. It is amazing how much better they can be. I have not had any problems with them since I had it done many years ago.
Glad the horse is better. Are you still giving him meds Marianne?
Dianne, did you get your spinning wheel that you were paying on? I am sure you will get lots of yarn from your alpacas.
Janie, good to hear from you. Prayers go out to you and your mother. It must be hard working and taking care of her too. Hope she can stay in her house as long as possible.
It is late, so time for bed. Have a great evening, at least the ones that are still up and about!! LOL!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page