Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  2:24:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Debra, Dallas would love a few 97 degree days.....we're on our 39th day of 100+ degree days with no end in sight. And what is that R A I N stuff? :) Wow Betty looks like you'll be 'off the streets' for a while! Patsy...should try the ATC swap...its so fun and a simple way to be creative. Trying to stay off the grid as much as possible...no 'puter every other day so we can avoid rolling brown-outs. Stay cool and safe all!! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  3:17:41 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by karla

Do we actually have to admit this?!? Yes I too am over 50 years young!!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/

Happy Crafting!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  3:19:56 PM  Show Profile
I am in the 60 group age and am just enjoying it as well as I did my other ages, I am going to be a new grandmother of twins in Feb. and am so excited about it.
"Winners are the ones who really listen tothe truth of their hearts" Sylvester Stallone.

Happy Crafting!
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  3:42:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene! Good to meet you. Twins! Double the Fun - Double the Love. Lucky you!

oxox - Sister #3284 - Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  3:47:39 PM  Show Profile
woo-hooo Twins! How fun is that?
And Mel...39 days of 100 +.Oh My!
R- A- I- N. Is what we are praying for and will do it for you too.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  4:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks I hope to be able to be in their lives as much as possible. They will be living up in Washington so I do hope to be there when they are born...
Have a good day.
darlene

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  9:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, I think Walt Disney made a movie of Caddie woodlawn and I saw it that way. Cornbread & chili...yumyum!
Welcome to the group Eileen!
Marsha, I wanna kiss a warm, fuzzy foals nose. *giggle* Love your tagline!
Nancy, I don't understand burning your buns in the hot sun either, pool or no pool. They'll regret that later on when they are looking for wrinkle and agespot vanishing cream....or worse!
CJ, how is your sister doing these days? I enjoyed the "Farmgirlsontheloose" blog!
Debra, thanks for sharing those dear"Deer" pics with us. So sweet!
Mel, so sorry you have to endure that horrible heat. I thought a couple of days of it was bad. UGH!!
Well g-nite Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 10 2011 09:28:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  05:15:50 AM  Show Profile
Debra, the pictures of the deer are so lovely. Wish I was there to see them in person. We finally got about 25 minutes of rain yesterday evening. Maybe we will get some more today. Hope so. Mel, my heart goes out to you. I was watching those temps on the weather report last night on the news. How awful.
Darlene, How exciting to be a grandmother of twins. Great you can be close by for the birth, too. I was able to be close by for my daughter's girls as they were growing up and it was the best. I had so much fun with them.

Looks like a hot one again today but I that God as always for another glorious day.

Hugs,
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  07:52:36 AM  Show Profile
CJ...Welcome Home! Totally Loved The Farmgirls On The Loose Blog! Looks like you girls had a blast!!!
I was also happy to see that Sharon and her daughter Kim got to go and Karen. Awesome! They are all
from my Home Town area(Spokane & Cheney). ~ CJ you mentioned something about caring for your sister
can I be snoopy and ask what is wrong with her?

Mel...don't know how you guys are not just melting on to the Sidewalks. That is such extreme heat!

Darlene...my best friends daughter had triplets and they had a lot of help for the first 6 months...but they
were all really good babies. Now they are about 8 yrs old. I think twins would be a handful too but
maybe not quite so bad. I know as a Grandma that would just be double the loven! Enjoy every minute
of them.

Debra...any more visitors with your coffee this morning? My dogs got me up early this morning...when
I took them out it was very cool and refreshing out and the birds were singing their hears out.

Well girls ...will check back with you later!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  09:41:31 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon Gals. Hubby just left to go mow his Moms grass. We got up to a cool wind, 72, no humidity. I said to Rascal(cat)"I don't think we're in Oz anymore!" He looked at me admiringly(he loves his Mom) and said "Meow."...which is cat for, "ahhhhhh...I know, isn't it wonderful?" lol The whole rest of this week is suppose to be nice and cool. "Thank You Lord for this break!" Amen!
We picked peppers and maters last night. Gonna make salsa today.
Later Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  11:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hello from Oz..."I'm melllllllting, melllllting.."lol, we're still in it sis. have fun with the salsa, we talking fresh?

Been catching up on all the posts, hope everyone has a great day, no matter what!

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  2:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Finally, (if this works) a picture of The Quilt - my French Braid Project that I mentioned so long ago. Like I said, Betty, you are light years ahead of me! oxox .....

oxox - Sister #3284 - Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  2:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Darlys...that is knock-out Gorgeous! It is breath-takingly Beautiful. Maybe it's because it has my
favorite colors in it but I LOVE IT! Betty has nothing up on you...girlfriend...that is the awesome
part about loving a certain craft and having the skills to do it...is that each craft-artist brings
something uniquely her own to the table. YOU BOTH ARE FABULOUS QUILTERS. I am so impressed!

And you both should be so proud of your work! It is Stellar.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  2:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi girls!
It's bittersweet to be back home. My daughter, Robin, and I were having SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun that we actually could have stayed out longer.

About my sister: things are the same, no improvement, no progress, just day-to-day we take it.
She suffered a very severe traumatic brain injury in a horseback riding accident in May 2006. Changed her life forever . . and that of the rest of our family.
She requires 24/7 care. I've been working as one of her caregivers for 3 years.

The Road Trip: was a TOTAL HOOT!!! We had more fun than I can describe and I'd happily do it all again!!! But I can't afford another one right now and my traveling companion and partner in crime . . my daughter . . . who is a teacher is back to work teaching 2nd graders. Soooooo, we'll have to wait!

Today I'm sewing more aprons for sale in our booth at Farmers Market . . . .gotta get back to it.
You girls stay outta trouble while I'm sewing . . :)
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  2:55:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi CeeJay, I'm so sorry about your sisters accident. I cannot imagine what you and your whole family have been through. What a struggle! God Bless you and may the Lord shine down upon you and your family and comfort you in the days to come.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  3:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey!
We have done melted here in Ga. No rain last night. (the weather men were calling for possible severe storms...Not a one)
Darlys...what a beautiful quilt. You must be proud and it. Do you display it on your bed?
Judy, do you make home made salsa? Yummy

Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  7:12:23 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, that is one lovely quilt. WOW! I can't say I'm one up on you....that is great. My log cabin went to the quilters yesterday and it should be ready in a week for me to bind it and put on a label. We just got back from dinner. Today is our 19th wedding anniversary so we ate out at a local steak house. Now, after taking care of the chickens and feeding the dog I have to get ready to leave tomorrow for my daughters for two days to help her with the moving. Actually I'll watch the boys but that will be fun. I'll be back Saturday. Everyone have fun while I'm gone.
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  7:47:50 PM  Show Profile
HappY Anniversary Betty!
Show off your Log Cabin Quilt when you get it back.
Have fun with grand boys and the move of your daughters.
I know you will be a big help with the kids.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  11:33:30 PM  Show Profile
CJ...thanks for sharing about your Sister. I had no idea that you had such a personal drama going on in your life. It is awesome
how you and others shower her with your love by caring for her. I will remember you all in my prayers. Just goes to show that
even when we think we know someone...there are always difficult things going on in their lives that we are clueless about. I really
admire you CJ for all ytou do. You are an amazing example off Positive Farmgirl Spirit.

Betty...have fun with those grand-boys. And get some fun shopping in too. Be safe and hurry back to us. Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Debr e ...sorry that your are melting in all the Heat. I would send you some of our cooler weather if I could. We do sell Washington
Rain in a Jar! lol

Nice day today. I took pictures of my small garden today...that looks more like a Large Jungle in a raised flower bed. lol

chat more with ya all tomorrow,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 11 2011 08:12:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  07:12:09 AM  Show Profile
CJ,my prayers are with you for your sister and for you. You are an amazing, giving and loving farmgirl sister.
Darlys, that quilt is soooo beautiful! You can be very proud of it. The colors are so lovely.

Happy Anniversary Betty! Nineteen years, wonderful! Have a grand time.

Finally a litte cooler here yesterday. Still humid so maybe we will get some rain. Hope so. I got hungry for salsa and might make some myself since reading about Judy's. We have some tomatoes picked and my husband has grown some peppers, too.

Off to my day. Talk with you all tomorrow.

Nancy
Farmgirl #2301

Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  10:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you girls, for the prayers for my sis and my family. Her hubby took her to the ER last night with fever and BAD diarrhea (sorry!) and she has been admitted to hosp. The story since her accident is long, complicated and I won't get into it. It's just one thing on top of another . . .

DARLYS: that quilt is absolutely STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Some of my favorite colors!

PEGGY: I love the pics of your garden . . . thanks for posting!

Just got back from my power walk with my doggie friend, Bramble. Hauled about 200 lbs. of natural rock from over the hill along the road to MY house (I have rock gardens and use the stuff that "grows" here). Now, I must get back to sewing aprons to be ready for Farmers Market this Saturday.

Thanks for the kind, caring thoughts and prayers!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  10:48:54 AM  Show Profile
CJ...poor sister...such hard struggles. I have learned that what doesn't kill you builds strength of another kind.
I too took my power walk this morning with my Sotty Terrier and Shi-tzu. The Scotty who usually loves walks even
though he has those little short legs...was lagging behind the whole time and Bella my other dog who hates walks
was brisk and bouncy and really on the move. Go figure! I was in the middle of both of them. Just getting back
in to walking since last fall. Must get this weight off. I have one year to get off 35lbs before my youngest sons
wedding. Sounds easy enough but remember I am the girl who puts Chocolate on Chocolate. lol I want to lose this weight
but I am not giving up my Starbucks or my chocolate. Those are my only two addictions in life and I refuse to let them
go. You can't take ALL the fun out of life!

I have my crafting group tonight...so I will be sewing buttons onto YoYo's so I can get them mailed out for my swap.

Here is a quote for today for all my over 50 friends: We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.~Winston Churchill

blessings,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 11 2011 10:52:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

ellimae
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

eileen
edison nj
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  10:54:05 AM  Show Profile
I love chocolate. I put on some weight after pelvis reconstruction, and just have to face reality being 50 and loving my body as is, and not trying to be a skinny minnie. still have my size 8 dresses, so sad.

Do as the farmgals do!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  11:10:02 AM  Show Profile
Eileen...I know what you mean...the other day, I was thinking..."Good Grief I will be 60 in Oct. and I am a Grandma and Grandma's
are suppose to be fluffy. So, what's the big deal anyway!" But then on the other hand I know that if I want to be around for a
good long time to play with those Grands and watch them grow up...then I better take good care of my health. It is more and more
of a struggle because I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue and I am always in pain. Many days I hurt too much to walk...but I
just have to force myself to do it as much as I can.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 11 2011 11:11:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

ellimae
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

eileen
edison nj
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  11:31:20 AM  Show Profile
peggy i too suffer from those darn ailments, somedays are really tough but my grandbabies keep me strong. thanks for welcoming me with your response, looking forward to chatting again, meanwhile hang tight and know God is on your side.

Do as the farmgals do!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page