Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  6:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey y'all: I am 68 and on my way to becoming a national treasure (lol). Love life, quilting and all my farmgirl friends. Let's celebrate together... Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  08:49:10 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Ann for starting this. I thought I was one of a few.
The years did fly by, and I also feel younger than my years. I have so many things left that I want to do, my list is long and craftroom is full of unfinished projects.

~Vicky~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. ~~Ronald Reagan

Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  09:19:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm in and happy to be with a great group of ladies.
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  09:31:06 AM  Show Profile
It has taken me all this time to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up, I did figure there were others just like me! Thank you all for your sweet words! and YAY to the 50 and over group!!

Love Each Other

Ann Farmgirl #2144
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  1:14:54 PM  Show Profile
When I saw the over 50 topic, I thought, well, maybe there will be a few that are in their 60's too. I see that there are, and even a great lady in her 70's. I turned 65 in May. I used to think that was waaaaayy old, but it isn't too bad. Have a bit of arthritis, some bum knees and don't remember names as I once did. I am a retired RN, worked mostly in surgery. As I used to tell my older Open Heart patients... we oldsters are like Studebakers...some of us need a valve job, need new tires, an engine work-up and new paint....but we still are CLASSICS.
I'm the one on the left ;0)

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

weaverchic
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

gerri
Largo Florida
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  3:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Claudia what a beautiful picture! You look beautiful and assuming your mom too! Have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

gerri
Farmgirl Sister #1197

Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends.
-Pam Brown
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  3:53:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Gerri. Yes it's me...turkey neck and all. My Mom is 92. She was taller than me once...lol! I called her Mighty Mouse. She is 4'10" now. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  4:22:48 PM  Show Profile
Claudia, What a wonderful photo of you and your Mom! Both beautiful ladies - have a great Thanksgiving!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  5:57:04 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, you really are a dear! Thank you and many blessings...Happy Thanksgiving!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  07:27:44 AM  Show Profile
Claudia you and your mom are just beautiul, wonderful pic. Thank you so much for sharing and loved what you said about being a classic! We all are for sure! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

gmapat
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Pat
Johnston Iowa
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  07:40:44 AM  Show Profile
I am 59. My grandson makes me look at the world in a way that I haven't seen since my kids were young. I am having fun. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

the supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  07:51:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm 56. Most of the time I don't feel any different than I did at 26 or even 36. But then occasionally my body will remind me I'm not quite as limber or young as I think I am. LOL!

Caron

Happy Farmgirl Sister #254

"An Apron:Its strings gently tug at us, tenderly, softly calling us to turn back to the old ways".-Above Rubies Magazine
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  09:55:40 AM  Show Profile
57 here.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  11:12:32 AM  Show Profile
Turning 64 this Saturday (27th) and I'm lovin this time of my life. DH and I are actually busier now being retired than when we were working in Minnapolis. As with others, have the few little things that are not working as they use to, but I feel so much better about myself now than I did in my 20's or 30's. Gerri - went through the same thing as you did - finding out you CAN do things on your own - what a feeling. Was on my own for 15 years before I met DH. Just so thankful we are in pretty good shape for our ages (he'll be 65 in Jan.). Was at a store with my daughter's two kids and she thought I was their mom - good feeling for me. Age is just a number, it's all about attitude - if you feel old, you'll be old - if you feel young, you'll be young. Take care of yourself and you'll last longer and enjoy what life has to offer. But when I'm in a store on "senior discount" days I sometimes feel like saying no when they ask if I'm a senior so I can get the discount! A big MJF horray for all us "over 50" GIRLS who take life by the horns and run with it.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  11:13:46 AM  Show Profile
Forgot to say something: HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

Fargirl Hugs to everyone,
Annie
Go to Top of Page

weaverchic
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

gerri
Largo Florida
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  11:20:24 AM  Show Profile
Amen to that Annie! It really is a number and if you are blessed to look younger than that number HOOOORA! Life is grand! Maybe someday my "Prince Charming" will sweep me off my feet. lol

gerri
Farmgirl Sister #1197

Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends.
-Pam Brown
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  08:15:23 AM  Show Profile
59 happy sassy and full of life. i left home at 15 yrs. i took care of other folks from birth just about.. mom died 6 yrs. ago. for the first time i live with just my fine loving hubby. i am having loads of fun. i do what i want when i want with whom i want. never before have i experienced this. its been a blast. happy days 59 and going strong sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  08:46:36 AM  Show Profile
Sherry isn't it something to finally be living, doing things you always wanted to do. Even if its just staying at home watching a movie and sitting with someone you love. I'll be 59 in Sept. and not quit there but sure am heading that direction. Annie I do hope you had a wonderful birthday. Happy Birthday Annie!! Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  06:39:21 AM  Show Profile
I just turned 71 this month. Ole Ron, (hubby for 50 years) died on July 4. I traded our big motorhome for a little bitty one. Resting up this winter so I can garden and travel come spring. Yes, I know. You either garden OR travel. Watch me. Then I'll do my canning between trips. Friends will ask me if I would travel alone. Why not, I live alone. Being 71 dosen't have a whole lot to do with anything.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  11:47:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Brenda for the B-Day wishes. I totally agree with Sherry - we can now do what WE want without others being judgemental. I know what you mean about taking care of your mother too. Did the same thing as well as hubby doing same with his mom. So now we both feel free to do as we please and have done it. Of course some of the kids (DH's kids) seem to think we shouldn't be spending "their" inheritance on ourselves and traveling, etc. but we do. Now it's our time to have fun while we're still "young enough" to enjoy life. Belle, you go girl!! Sounds like you're having a blast. Keep it up. And like they say, 50 is now the new 30, 60 is the new 40 and 70 is the new 50.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  11:55:02 AM  Show Profile
For me, passing the 50 mark was a big relief...like I don't have to try to be some one or something that I'm not just to please someone else. I'm starting to blossom again and stop being so strict and unhappy with myself. If 50 is the new 30, I've got a lot of livin left to do =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  1:39:15 PM  Show Profile
Belle, I have to admire you for your gumption and plans to go ahead with gusto! Bravo! It must be difficult to lose Ron after 50 years. Too many people wither away when a mate passes away. I also think it is neat you have downsized to a smaller motorhome. I know there are many organizations that have groups where you travel together and meet up at various camps. What a good way to meet other people. I love the fact that you seem so full of life. Many blessings to you!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Donnaree
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Donna
Waynesville GA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  5:43:17 PM  Show Profile
howdy all, i'm the new 51 yr old kid on the block and this is my first post. i'm so excited to be here. i have a feeling i'm going to have waaay to much fun. looking forward to getting to know you.
Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  5:50:45 PM  Show Profile
Weeeeee..............
Ain't it great?! I'm 54 and my brain registers about 18, but my body registers about 80...(sometimes, ha)
Age is a number, and my number's not up yet!
This part of my life has been great so far. My kids are grown, my hubby has a job. I have a job, (which I love).
We all have a lot to be thankful for, don't we?
Go to Top of Page

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  6:09:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm two years shy of being 50 so I guess I don't qualify, but I'm so glad to see there are lots of ladies here who are of the older generation! You go girls!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page