classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  12:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Patsy the blooms are beautiful. I bet if you put it in the ground it will grow bigger. Nancy, love,love your dolls. Do you keep them or do you have a business selling them? I haven't been on line for awhile, just now trying to catch up. When I got back on the forum, I thought in Sept. I'll be 59. Only one more year to be her with you. Hope they have a 60's group. Yikes that sounds like a really big number. Hahahaha. Better than no number at all. You all have a good evening and I'll check back in later. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  12:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Yep Judy, Enjoyed it on the porch so much forgot there were other places to visit...hehe...

Patsy the flowers are beautiful..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Aug 17 2011 12:22:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  12:38:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda...........this an over 50 forum not a 50's only. Lotsa gals here over 60 and a few 70 year old's too! :)
Just full of farmgirl LOVE.

Patsy.......your hollyhock is very pretty. My Grandma had hollyhocks when I was a kid. I used to eat the blossoms......don't recommend them though.........heard (when I was a grown up)that the leaves are poisonous. And they were huge!! Must have stood 5/6 feet tall.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  1:27:55 PM  Show Profile
You Silly Nillys...I did say the picture icon was to the left of the post box (message box). Just glad you got it figured out.
It really doesn't make a lot of sense "in word form" until you actually try to do it yourself.

Patsy...that Hollyhock is gorgeous! I think I will plant mine in a pot next year and try to keep them dwarfed by the container.

Penny...I see you made it back here girlfriend. Hey...go check-out the Round #3 YoYo Swap page.

Mel...I had no idea that hollyhock leaves were poisonous!

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 17 2011 1:30:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  1:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Talk about Nuttella. Like smors? Here's the ultimate, eat anytime without a fire.

Graham crackers, marshmellow cream and Nuttella. It's gooey and oh so good.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  1:35:57 PM  Show Profile
I love that hollyhock. Save some seeds and you can get more. I only have pink and lavender but hope to plant more next year. I'd like to get some red ones but I'd like one like also. The rabbits and ground squirrels don't seem to bother them and that's what I'm making note of...what plants those pesky critters leave alone. I have the rabbits licked but the ground squirrels climb the fences.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  1:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I didn't know there was a lavender hollyhock...my favorite color, I may have to see about getting some of them..thanks Betty,

Well I think I am going to make Hubby some jalapeno cheddar bread in a bit. Letting the flour warm up, I keep it in the freezer stays fresh longer..but flour doesn't last long around here with the homemade bread I'm always baking. This is the one time I'm glad to have an outdoor kitchen so I don't heat up the house when I am baking...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Aug 17 2011 1:56:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  4:20:17 PM  Show Profile
Just catching up since this morning. I discovered that I have to check in to read - even if I have nothing to say (that'll be the day!) 'cause there always seems to be so much going on.

I agree ... that hollyhock is lovely. I have one - yellow. Mostly have Jasmine, bouginvillia (sp?) and a few others that grow easily. The Meyer lemon tree is my baby.

Breaad baking is on my list. I just have to get to it. Lasagna, salad and (store bought) garlic bread on the menu here tonight. (Love Nuttella.)

Have picked up grandson from airport and he is now napping ... 16 hours time difference between here and Bejing.

I'm off to the chiropractor. Hope she can help this cranky neck. I've had it in a brace for 2 days now.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  04:54:41 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the compliments on my dolls. I never noticed the little icons above the message window. I am glad you pointed them out. I was so disappointed over those little pictures and didn't know how to delete them.

I made the little doll on the left for my youngest granddaughter who was studying art. I also made one for each of her sisters. One was studying dance and the other was into soccer.

School is back in session here as of Monday and all is peaceful in the neighborhood as well as on the roads. I went to do my errands about town yesterday and all is so quiet in the stores. I kind of got used to seeing the children while waiting in line for senior coffee at McDonalds. LOL
Actually, their coffee is good and my DH and I like going there for coffee.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301
Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  07:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my, the jalapeno cheddar bread was fantastic...hope everyone has a great day.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  08:18:31 AM  Show Profile
Patsy, swamp coolers are mostly used out west. I first heard about them in the late 80's from someone out there.
Hey, you smores lovers, guess what I saw at the store the other day? Roasted Marshmallow Fluff! Honest! I guess you get that roasted flavor without having to have a campfire. hahaha What next?
Jalapeno cheddar bread....that sounds soooo good! Can you share the recipe with me? It will cool off one of these days and I can bake. I love cheese biscuits....anything with cheese rates right up there with "A Mothers Love," if'n ya ask me!! lol
It's sunny/80/low humidity today and the birdies are a chirpin' ....it's a great day! Enjoy!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  08:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Good morning girls. My daughter arrived safe and sound from N.C. last night. Her 5 am flight because TSA was late showing up to work (it was a little airport - just puddle jumpers). It ended up delaying her 8+ hours. She'll be here about a month. Will be nice to catch up. I'm in the progress of making her a dish drainer quilt with 4 matching dish cloths. Her sister is coming in October.

Zucchini coming out my ears! Mostly have been using it in baking items and freezing them. Zucchini bread, choc zucchini bread and zucchini muffins. Have some frozesn for cassaroles and have been dehydrating them as well. Used a little seasoned salt with my last batch of dehydrated for chips. Added a lot of flavor.

Have a great day.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  08:46:45 AM  Show Profile
Anne, my SIL makes choc-chip zuke bread. It's gooood! I like the sound of the season-salt zuke chips. hmmmmm *drooling*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 18 2011 08:48:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  09:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Judy, here is the link for the bread, I actually saw it here the first time, can't remember on what board but she also linked her site.. http://lazyjbarcfarm.blogspot.com/2011/07/jalapeno-cheddar-artisan-bread.html
She has some great things on her site. Her Farmgirl name is Candy C. Enjoy..oh and it was so easy too.

Anne J. Ohhh so excited for you to have your daughter for a month...and then to know your other one is coming too...have fun...I didn't plant zucchini this year because I had so many put up in the freezer from last year...I love zucchini bread but never heard of choc. zucchini bread...Next year I will have to try the chips...yummy..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  09:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Here is her post on the board for the bread too..
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51990

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  09:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Betty: I have tons of seeds saved from this. Hope they are viable. This one is bred to stay under 3 feet, so hope it stays that way. Anyone interested in some seeds? Just email me and I will give you my address so you can send me a SASE *self addressed stamped envy*. just put one stamp on it, that should do it.

AJ: You are one after my own heart, i LOVE smores and this would be the ultimate without a fire. making my mouth water. never ever thought about putting the 2 gooey stuffs together..lol
dehydrated zuchinni chips? never heard of that one. would love trying my hand at that one. lol
enjoy your daughter! wish the 2 of mine could visit me. bet your lil quilt is a work of love and will make her think of you everytime she uses it. I crochet dishclothes, they last so much longer than store bought. ;)

Penny: I would love an outdoor kitchen, you lucky duck. Thanks for posting the bread recipe. :)

Nancy: those dolls are very cute, again I can see there's a lot of work there. Don't spose Mickey D's could spoil coffee, but don't like going there otherwise. school is started here last Monday and my other grand kids started school in Kentucky 2 weeks ago.

Judy: you are so right sis! cheese anything DOES rate right up there with Mother's Love, haha too funny. almost 80 here, spost to have 90 the next 3 days, sigh. fall is coming! keep running into cobwebs everywhere, golden rod, queen annes's lace are out. hearing crickets at night. dry leaves falling out of trees from lack of rain.

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Aug 18 2011 10:11:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  09:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Patsy, Thank you for the offer on the seeds, sent you an email...and the reason for the outdoor kitchen is that my husband had this farm long before we met, think he got it in 1975 or so...anyway it was his deer camp...he moved here for good just a few months before we met...first time I visited I fell in love. So our house is the deer camp cabin, very small and only had a living room, bunk room with 8 bunks, and two toilets..one shower and one bathtub...that is until he added on a bedroom for us...bless his heart..640 sq foot...got to love him for that. But the kitchen is outside in a 3 sided building. We have put another fridge in the livingroom and have a stove that we have to hook up in there too...just because sometimes it is either to cold or to hot to cook outside. We live very simply but I love it...DH said he had enough of the big houses and large cities...and I sold my 2 bdrm house when we got married...I wouldn't change living here for anything...it is different but so peaceful...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  10:43:58 AM  Show Profile
Hey All! Just sitting enjoying your posts while grandson naps - trying to get back on U.S.A. time. He is a vegetarian (but not fanatic about it) so I made Lasagna last night. One pan (with meat) for DH and me and one pan (meatless) for the grandson. Anyway, the one I created for Ryan was actually quite good. I sauted onions and garlic, threw in a chopped green pepper and red pepper -- 2 lovely thickly sliced ZUCHINNIs and some fire roasted tomatoes (canned, I admit) Poured on a little spaghettii sauce, stirred it up and layered it with the lasagna noodles, mozzerella, asiago and parmesan cheeses (didn't have any riccota in the house so skipped that) baked them for 40 minutes at 350 ... and both pans turned out great. Garlic bread and a salad, a glass of wine and we had a lovely dinner.

Speaking of zuchinni - i have a zuchinni cookbook a friend gave me about 35 years ago. Recipes are still good. About chocolate .... I have hidden my Lulu's chocolate. It is toooooooo good. It may be just local to this area as I think she's somewhere in the Napa Valley. I'd have to check.

Penny, I love the description of your home. I do understand ... when you find your "peaceful" place -- if feels like you really can just sink in and be there forever.

It's heartwarming to hear about your moms. I lost my mother to cancer in '86. Everybody loved her.

Even though I quilt ... I had not heard of dish drainer quilts before the chatting about them here. Sounds like something I'd like to have in my quilting basket. Would someone give me an idea of what they entail. I could probably figure it out --- but i'm interested in what y'all are talking about.

It's a beautiful morning here in the Bay Area ... right now its about 72 and the air is clear and skies are blue - only a whisper of a cloud. I have to start packing for our weekend at MIL's home in Huntington Beach. Neck is still bothering me but not as bad as it was so I think I'll be able to enjoy the visit.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Aug 18 2011 10:46:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  8:42:34 PM  Show Profile
I went to the grocery store today and guess what i saw?...a dish drainer "mat." Now they are getting into the game. And here I thought you gals all had something totally unique. If that don't beat all.... *wanders off mumbling*...

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 18 2011 8:43:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  04:56:58 AM  Show Profile
All this talk about these delicious breads and smores makes me hungry. I haven't had my breakfast and this all sounds so yummy. I love zuchinni bread and the jalapeno cheddar cheese bread makes my mouth water. Yummy!

Darlys, your dinner for your grandson sounds quite delicious. He will have a really good meal to wake up to. Does he know what a good cook his grandmother is?

Patsy, your hollyhock is so beautiful. I never had a hollyhock plant.

AnneJ, have a wonderful time with your daughter. I have planted zuchinni this year here in Florida but have not reaped as many as I did when I lived on the west coast. Out there I had so many I had to give them away. This year I had just enough to make some bread and use them in cooking.

We had a little rain yesterday and cooler temperatures but still the humidity. That's FL in the summer. Off to the flea market today. The proceeds will benefit the local animal shelter.

Thank you again everyone for liking my dolls. I really enjoy making them and have made some that I have given to the community outreach to help the children in need. For example, kids who have lost their home in a fire or other disaster.

Have a great day. Hugs,

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301

Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  07:47:21 AM  Show Profile
Nancy,You have a big heart! Bless you! I got your recipe in the mail yesterday. TYTYTY!! Cilantro seems to be the biggie with salsa....has anyone ever used anything else? I still have gobs of basil. I may just have to make more pesto.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  11:08:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls over 50...did you notice that we are now posting on page 50. Thought that was humorous when I saw that this
morning. Later today we'll be over 50!! lol

Well I just took my Scotty Terrier on my long walk. Came home made some blueberry waffles and a pot of Texas Turtle coffee.
There is still more in the pot if anyone wants some.

That Jalepeno and Cheddar cheese bread looks so yummy. Think I might make some for my son and his girlfriend. They are always
making goodies and sharing with us. I would love the bread too but I know that my hubby would not. He can't eat anything spicy
at all. So, will probably make a loaf for me and a loaf for the kids.

Darlys...your Lasagna sounded heavenly. I love both meat and vegetarian Lasagna. I don't make home-made anymore, as I found that
both Safeway Grocery Store and Costco have super yummy ones. I am getting lazier the older I get. lol

Penny...can you cook outside in your outdoor kitchen all year long?

Judy...I love chocolate chip zuke bread and chocolate chip pumpkin bread...oh they are both to die for. But believe it or not you
can put too much chocolate chips in it and ruin it...because the chocolate will puddle in the bread making the batter not cook.
I know...who would have ever thought you could get too much chocolate in anything! LOL

Nancy...wish I was there I would go to the flea market with you. I feel like shopping today...but I don't get paid until Monday.
Bummer! haha And I hate window shopping. I want money in hand because it never fails...if I don't have the money...I find so many
great buys, but if I do have money...I can't find anything. Does anyone else experience that?

Well better get something done around here today...can't keep sitting here all day...though it's very tempting when
the company is so good.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  11:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Yea Peggy I can..Have a gas stove, fridge, sink, freezers and lots of counter space...so do all my cooking out there right now..when I sold my house they didn't want my stove so brought it with me and it is electric. So it is in the cabins living room but not hooked up yet..not sure when that with happen..

I am working on a crochet baby blanket for a friend...haven't crocheted in a while so it's going kind of slow and I don't know complicated stitches so it is going to be simple but pretty. Variegated pastel colors.

Hope everyone has a great day.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  11:46:16 AM  Show Profile

Testing one, two, three. If this works, this is a photo of my little filly, Varekai.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  11:46:29 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies, How about we are on pg.50 and soon to be over 50 which I am. (58 and 59 in Dec.) In fact my e-mail address is 50 plus @yahoo. Maybe I will have to change it to 60 plus in a few years.
My hubby is in Canton Ohio (Judy near you) and is having lunch with family at Tim's Taveren. Famous for their fish sandwiches. Know where that is?
I have all this house work that I was going to do today...and I am still in pj's reading, snacking, laying on the front porch swing. I can't seem to get motivated. Anyone else like that today? I really love days like this...I don't think that we take enough of them. (lazy recoup days) Busy Busy Busy. I read somewhere that we are human doers and less of human beings. But today I am a human do nothing. Welp, the front porch swing is calling me again. Wher's my book.
Have a great day y'all!
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page