debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  11:50:54 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful little filly. How old? I love the markings.
Great picture.
(I love to look at the pictures you all send.)
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  11:53:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debra, I haven't gotten anything done today either. It's frustrating cause I have so many things I want to do...oh well.

We are in an apt during the week since hubby got a job in another town and then back to the ranch on weekends. I have been trying to get laundry done at the apt. laundry and the dang washers keep taking my $1.50 in quarters and still won't turn on! ARG! I may end up using the bathtub, but not sure if the dryers work either. Trying to keep from hauling laundry to and from the ranch, where we have to haul our water.

Ok, i will stop whining for now.

Kai is a year old now, a few months less in the photo. She has on her winter woolies in that pic.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com

Edited by - osagegypsy on Aug 19 2011 11:54:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  12:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Such a cute little filly...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  12:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
What a little beauty she is!

Lazy day for me too. Maybe it's sun spots -lol.

Have a great day ladies, and be kind to yourselves. It's ok to. Be lazy once in a while.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  12:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
i just read somewhere when it calls for cilantro, they used corriander instead.

quote:
Originally posted by herblady55

Nancy,You have a big heart! Bless you! I got your recipe in the mail yesterday. TYTYTY!! Cilantro seems to be the biggie with salsa....has anyone ever used anything else? I still have gobs of basil. I may just have to make more pesto.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  1:07:19 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Judy: good one on finding dish drainer mat. don't wander to far, sis.

Nancy: only ever had one hollyhock on a farm once that we lived on. this one will be the first and thanks for all the compliments ladies. no luck on zukes this year here either. just enough to eat. i really believe everything DOES have it's season. we got almost an inch of rain yesterday. I want to go to the flea market!

Peggy: guess i just went over 50 today, haha good one.what's in Texas Turtle coffee? sounds interesting, *holds cup out* taste please?

Penny: now THAT'S a kitchen to my liking, all that room and out of the house!
i crochet too.love to make afghans and dishcloths.

Marsha: awwwwwwwww, i want to pet and hug Varekai, looks so soft and huggable! we are getting good about posting pics, huh ladies? She looked like she was in her winter clothes. haha
Can you get your money back from those washers?

Debra: i will be 59 in October. don't change the email cause it will work for you forever. ;)
I know Tim's Tavern, never been there, but was born and raised in Ohio.
I agree we don't take enough time for ourselves, so you just enjoy that book, you have my permission!

some sweet williams i grew. :)

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  1:43:14 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, I was thinking coriander and cilantro were the same thing. I googled it, and it said that the seeds are coriander, and the leaves & stems are commonly called cilantro.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  2:35:39 PM  Show Profile
Well that solves a mystery! Always wondered why there were two names for one plant.

The pinks are gorgeous!

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  4:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Patsy It is a great kitchen...just got in from out there...salmon, asparagus, and jalapeno pasta for supper...and lemon bars for dessert.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  6:37:22 PM  Show Profile
Love the sweet williams Patsy. What beautiful color. They "POP" at you when you look at them.

You are right. We don't take enough time for ourselves. It is hard for us humans to be in the moment...Always a step ahead and thinking of tomorrow. Well today I was in the moment and it was WONDERFUL! I enjoyed everything about the day. The smells, the color, the sounds, the taste. Thank you God! That is what I can say about the day.
(I needed a day like today...being still and being.
Y'all have a GREAT Weekend!

A well rested.
Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  7:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
claudia: you are so right! was thinking that very thought when I posted it. was saying to myself "those 2 are the same", but should have googled before posting, my bad, lol

quote:
Originally posted by buffypuff

Patsy, I was thinking coriander and cilantro were the same thing. I googled it, and it said that the seeds are coriander, and the leaves & stems are commonly called cilantro.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  7:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Agree wholeheartedly about getting the rest for ourselves. glad you got yours today girlfriend.

quote:
Originally posted by debra e

Love the sweet williams Patsy. What beautiful color. They "POP" at you when you look at them.

You are right. We don't take enough time for ourselves. It is hard for us humans to be in the moment...Always a step ahead and thinking of tomorrow. Well today I was in the moment and it was WONDERFUL! I enjoyed everything about the day. The smells, the color, the sounds, the taste. Thank you God! That is what I can say about the day.
(I needed a day like today...being still and being.
Y'all have a GREAT Weekend!

A well rested.
Debra e

Farmgirl Sister

nasturtium :)

Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  7:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Now, Don't they just make you smile???
NASTURTIUM!
I even love the funny name
You wouldn't think that a flower with that kind of name
would be so bright and cheerful.

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  7:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful flowers ladies...just beautiful

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  8:32:44 PM  Show Profile
I just made the nasturtium picture my screen saver.
So... every time I log on I will see it and think of the Farm Gals!
Thank you.

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  9:56:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm 60.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  12:54:45 AM  Show Profile

Well, since we are showing off our pretties...I thought I'd show you my pretty California Lilac.
Why it is called that I don't know because it looks more like a Butterfly Bush to me...but I just fell
in love with the fibrant Blue of the flower. It is on my Porch and right now doesn't look as pretty
as it did in the early summer.

Welcome Nan who is 60. I will be 60 myself in Oct. (which seems to be coming faster than a freight train). LOL
You also don't live that far from me. I am just across the River from Portland...so you must be about 2 1/2 to 3
hours from here. I take my Bible Study Group to the Oregon Coast every year for a Retreat. We rent a big house
and just enjoy our weekend, shopping, eating, laughing and crying and loven on each other as we enjoy God's
beauty all around us.

I can't believe all the chat...chat...chatter on her today. We went from page 50 this morning to 52. I am glad our
birthdays don't come and go that quickly. heehee

Have you ladies eaten Nasturiums or pansies in your salads? The are so pretty and make a gorgeous salad. I would do
one or the other...not both at the same time.

I Can't remember who showed the Sweet Williams...but they are very pretty too.

I didn't know that corriander and celantro were the same. I guess I have never let my celantro go to seed before. I love it in
so many different dishes. It seems to be an herb that people either love it or hate it. I love it!

Well, enough blab for tonight...I am off to bed...and I hope to sleep in tomorrow.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  04:55:13 AM  Show Profile
The flowers are so beautiful, ladies. So bright and colorful!

That little filly is so precious. How old is she?

Glad to hear you took time to rest and enjoy just being lazy. I used to feel guilty doing that then I told myself that whatever needed to be done wasn't going anywhere and would still be there. It is so good for us to just take the time to sit back and relax.

The older I get the less important the little things in life become and so many things become the little things. I laugh a lot more than I ever did at situations. :)))

Have a wonderful weekend,

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301

Live everyday to the fullest

Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  06:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Talking about less important things in life...
I read this.

Don't sweat the petty stuff
and don't pet the sweaty stuff!
Loved it.

I love the California lilac. Does it smell like a lilac? It does look like a butterfly bush but blue

I am off to help with a charity of NIN (Newborns in Need) We make baby items and distribute these to hospitals and crises centers. I crochet preemie blankets. It is fun and helps the babies in the community. If you are interested go to www.newbornsinneed.org. You can send handmade baby items to this charity or find one in your area. (there are also free knit and crochet patterns on this site)
y'all have a good day. Type @ U later

Debra e

Farmgirl Sister

Edited by - debra e on Aug 20 2011 10:42:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  08:11:46 AM  Show Profile
And Nasturtiums make a beautiful presentation on a plate 'cause they are an edible flower as long as they have not been sprayed or treated! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  10:23:35 AM  Show Profile
Love that CA lilac. I've never seen one here in CA though. I love the nasturiums(spelling?) I just spent 3 hours out in the garden pulling weeds and tidying up but had to come in as it was getting hot out there. I'd run out of shade. Today I sew the binding on my granddaughters quilt that came back from the quilters. Will post a photo when it's done. Since everyone is sending us such gorgeous flowers to share I want to add one of my own. It's a cactus flower and it bloomed for the first time this year but has bloomed three more times since the photo was taken. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  10:45:10 AM  Show Profile
How beautiful this cactus flower is. Hard to imagin that something so prickly can produce a flower so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  11:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Penny: i have never fixed fresh salmon, grew up on canned salmon made into patties and fried. love those. so how did you fix your salmon?

Debra: Nasturtium sounds stern doesn't it? I never thought to use any of my flower photos for screen savers, neat idea.
loved the "sweaty ditty" lol

Nan: welcome to the over 50 group. looking forward to seeing more posts from you. :)

Peggy: that is a gorgeous blue flower. does look like a butterfly bush.
always heard about using pansies or nasturtiums on salad, but never tried it. also found a recipe for making "capers" out of the seed bulbs before they get hard.

Mel: all my stuff is never sprayed, so would make a lovely presentation, stuff i never think of.

Betty: My hubby just loves cacti.You must have the right "everything" to have had it bloom more than once. very pretty. is it a hard flower or soft to the touch? :)

I'm so glad everyone is sharing thier pretties. Love it and it brightens the day. Hey, should we delete our pic posts afterwhile or not?
Dug up some sassafrass roots to make some root beer, got the syrup made, will let you know how it tastes. the only thing we ever did with the roots was make "tea".

Isn't this amazing? we grew this sweet potato in our garden 2 years ago. what animal does it make you think of? at first i was thinking a pig or cat. should have entered it in the county fair, I'm sure it would have placed for a ribbon. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Aug 20 2011 11:39:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  12:02:49 PM  Show Profile
The flower on the cactus is soft just like any flower. All of my cactus that have flowered have a soft blossom. They don't usually last long though. Oh! I'm adding another photo of another cactus type flower that is weird looking that I also have.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  12:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Oh WOW! on the sassafrass root beer! even hubby was impressed. the recipe is on simply recipes dot com.

Betty: I just LOVE that weird lil flower. glad you had pics to show us. i have NEVER seen one like that. That leaf didn't break off did it? Cause if it did, I would have you mail it to me. lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page