LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  3:49:52 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME Peggy S. ...I guess we will have to call you Peggy and me Peg as we are both Peggy S. LOL or call me PeggyAnn. Something to keep us straight huh?

Darlys...I hate waiting for appointments... but atleast now with E-Readers, Smart Phones, Net-Books and Lap-Tops...we can carry something
with us to keep us from being bored for hours while we wait for the Dr., Dentist, Optometrist or who ever. I heard of a woman who started
charging her Dr. every time he kept her in the waiting room for over 30 minutes. She was a professional herself and time was money to her too. And the Dr. paid her for her time. I thought wow...why didn't I think of that years ago. LOL. I Love that "Go For It Girl Attitude."
Well, I hope by now the Dr. has seen you and you are already home and everything is fine. ~ I loved your Welcome to the Chronological Gifted
Gifted Group statement (very clever! and so true!)lol

Welcome Beca...glad that you found us too. We hope you come back everyday and throw your 2 cents worth into the conversation.

Marsha...my favorite Pocket Pet is a Rock! Yes, a Pet Rock...but not one that is painted to look like an animal. I collect heart shaped rocks from out in Nature. I find so many...that I laughingly say that God just throws His Love at My Feet...to lavish His Love on me.

Nancy...if I can still color in Coloring Books then you can still play with dolls! That is the wonderful thing about growing old...either nobody cares what you are doing or they just think you are going into your second childhood! lol

Judy...Rats...I wish you would quit talking about rats. I lived on a small farm one time about 25 years ago...and it always creeped me out because I could her rodents in the walls. One hot summer night...we slept with the bedroom window open and all of a sudden all the framed pictures of the kids (on our head-board) started falling on top of us. And I flew out bed just positive that rats were running on the headboard knocking the pictures on top of me. It turned out to be just the wind but it still gave me the heebee-geebies.

Ok...of to put groceries away. More Later!
Blessings,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  5:22:11 PM  Show Profile

This is Me, Patsy, my sister(craftbug on here) and our Mama! Just thought I'd share!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 24 2011 5:25:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  7:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies,

Hi Becky, welcome to a great group of ladies...you will like it here...so come join us anytime and after a few visits you will feel like an old pro...lol

Darlys, hope the Dr visit went well, can't believe they kept you waiting so long....they don't like it when we are late but they sure don't mind do they?

Marsha, I love the story about your guinea pig...so cute.

PeggyAnn, hey there again...lol...I heard that same story about the patient charging the dr. Good one..and I love the story about the rats..lol...but I'm with you...hate them little buggers...we are always fighting them here on the farm.

Judy, Judy, Judy.....still love the pic...

I still feel like a newbie but think every time a new person posts I am become an old hand at this now...so guess I have to quit thinking of myself as a newbie anymore even if it was just July 1 when I started.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  9:05:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Becky! This place and these Gals is the most fun this Pre-Senior can have and still be legal!!! lolol We do love a good giggle and share a good ribbibg on a regular basis. Jump right in and "Giggle'n Snort" right along with us! It's fun, fun, fun!
Peg, I too remember laying in bed at night listening to mice running thru the walls and ceiling on our small farm, growing up! Patsy and I would talk to each other thru the walls in our dark, creepy(it seemed to us as lil' girls)bedrooms and try to calm each other. I think that's part of why I still jump and awaken so easily at all things that go (bump) in the night, then can't fall back to sleep.
Darly's, I had 2 sizes of Shirley Temple paper dolls and a few other paper dolls as a kid. Loved playing with them for hours. Then I'd get an old Sears catalogue from Mama and cut out dresses and put tabs on them and create my own clothes for them. What imaginations we had back then. I had a shoe-box full of fashion...in paper...hahaha.
Well there's a storm coming thru around 1 Am, an hour away yet.I hate night storms. Day ones are bad enough! Night ones can't be seen though. The weather map is ugly...green,red yellow..... *shivers* ....Praying....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  07:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Read this on my perpetual calendar and thought I'd share:

" If we celebrate the years behind us they become stepping stones of strength and joy for the years ahead". Don't know who said it . . but I like it.

Let's celebrate!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  08:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks CJ...I like it to, think I will share it on my FB page.

Judy, how was the storm last night?

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  08:43:43 AM  Show Profile
Mornin'..thanks to everyone who welcomed me yesterday. It is nice meeting new friends. I will catch up on your names soon! I am sitting here sipping my coffee and trying to wake up. Was planning on watching my granddaughter McKenzie today but her Daddy is staying home instead. She is 16 months old and such a cutie pie. Soo I have the day off . Thinking of going into Prescott to our Hobby Lobby store and check out the summer clearance sales. Love that store! We are in our wonderful monsoon rainy season too so we get storms too. It can be interesting and scary...and of course, one never knows which or if our power will go off!! We have a generator for those times. Anyway..have a good morning/day everyone!

Becky~
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  09:46:24 AM  Show Profile
Well, we survived that awful storm. It started around 1:30AM and went 'til around 5. I put my earplugs in after listening to it for about an hour. I had the fan on, the "Night-Air" Christian radio music station and I still slept fitfully. So, ya, earplugs was the next move. That lightening was so bright and continuous. I almost opted for the eye-mask, but I finally was just too tired to fight sleep anymore and drifted off. But everytime I heard a ~boom~ I'd say,"Please Protect Us Lord!" EVERY time! So I know I didn't sleep to deeply. Glad we kept our power. All the windows had to be kept closed because it blew from all directions. I thought I even heard hail a few times.
I like that saying CJ...hang on to the past just gently enough for it to guide you in the present and navigate you into the future! How comforting!
Make it a good day girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  10:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yes! you are all definitely my kind of people! Coloring books and paper dolls are bringing back lots of good memories for me too..i still have paper dolls i found on the internet and printed off with their clothes. *wink*

Judy: so glad you are all right. we are off to DH's sister's to fix her bathtub. praying everything goes ok there too. plumbing is no fun.

Got the envies for you girls that wanted flower seeds. will get them in the mail soon. :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Aug 25 2011 10:20:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  10:33:33 AM  Show Profile

Poor Judy...I feel for ya. Maybe you can sneak in a nap later. I hate these storms especially at night. I hadn't thought about using a mask to cover my eyes from the lightning strikes...let alone the wind and thunder BOOMS too...but I hate wearing earplugs. I am sure some night I will learn to love them

I went out this morning and finally pulled some tumbleweeds from a garden bed. It isn't hot/humid yet. It really needed it done but it's been so hot that I have stayed inside the wonderful AC. I planted these plants out there 3 years ago and they are finally fully grown. One plant had a tumbleweed growing in it that was taking it over so it had to go...and now it is gone! YEAH!!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  10:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Beca, isn't that the sweetest age 16 months..oooohhhh couldn't ya just pinch them little cheeks...I love Hobby lobby too but don't have one anywhere near me...we are going to Augusta, GA next month to dinner with a good friend of mine from SC for her birthday...I have already ask DH to take me there and the fabric store...and he said YES!!! Dang I love that man...won't be fun for me, but oh so fun for me...lol

Judy, I really hate that you didn't sleep well because of the storm, maybe you can take a quick nap or go to bed early and get some rest.

Patsy, I never was much of a girly, girl growing up but do remember one set of paperdolls...played with them for a bit then in a box they went and I went out to climb trees...use to get high in the trees with a book and read for hours..

Becky, never seen a tumbleweed except on the news...lol..don't get to hot out there. I was out alittle while ago to hang out clothes and it was already in the 90's. Glad you got that little bugger tumbleweed out of your plant...now tumbleweed, stay away and Don't come back another day...lol...ok I know, I'm being toooooo silly....oh well got to do it sometimes...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  10:53:59 AM  Show Profile
Finally - the chiro came in at 12:20! I was about ready to just leave. She was frazzled but the place was definitely overbooked. Really, really glad I had the laptop with me. I can't really be angry with her ... she is a dear person and I have been seeing her for over 20 years now. It's just that sometimes I feel that - because we do go waaay back - that I get taken advantage of. ("It's Darlys. She won't mind.") And I did still have to make the trip to Berkeley later than planned which put me in rush hour traffic coming home. (One hour to and 2-1/2 hours back.) Then I ironed one shirt, made oatmeal cookies, and beef stroganoff for dinner. Oh well. today is another day ... and except for becoming a domestic goddess ... I have nothing on the calendar today!

Judy, I hope the storm was just a little bit of a thing and that you weren't too traumatized. More about paperdolls. I still love them. Only now I get "interesting" ones and instead of cutting them out - I make a copy and cut out the copy so I don't have to destroy the book. I bet the Shirley Temple dolls were adorable. I used to love the catalogs, too. But I didn't cut them up. They were dream books. I would read them. I read everything from a very early age. In the first grade I got in trouble because (remember that Dick, Jane and Spot book?) when I was called on - I didn't know where to read because I had finished the book. P.S. Love the picture of the three of you.

PeggyAnn - I'm with you on the rat thing. Don't spend any love on snakes either. They scare me. Come to think of it - so do rats. I hadn't heard of the lady charging the doctor. Brilliant!

Becky, where is Chino Valley? I could probably look it up on a map. It's just easier to ask. We have good friends in Tuscon. And have vacationed in Sedona. I totally understand the preciousness of a 16 month old. Our great-granddaughter, Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards) turned 16 months old on Saturday. She's 2-1/2 hours away, up in Jackson, and I have to settle for kisses over the phone for the most part. Although, we do see her as much as we can.

Penny, you've been around the farm longer than me. I arrived on July 14th. Is this a great place or what? I'm loving it here.

I think I'm going to take advantage of a sort-of-relaxed-day today and check out a craft/quilt shop in San Jose. It's called Beverly's and I first learned of it when we happened across one in Carmel/Monterey last month. Ryan (our Berkeley grandson) brought me a yard of heavy red silk fabric from Beijing. It has characters for "Happiness" printed on it in gold. Very beautiful and striking. I need to find something to work with it.

CJ, I like that quote. Thank you for sharing it.

Big hugs for all of you amazing farmgirls --

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  12:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I like to color when I'm really stressed . . . it just makes it all melt away.
I loved paperdolls and have purchased new ones for me. Also have the ones in Mary Engelbreit's "Home Companion" Magazine, which is no longer published . . sad!

I was a whiz at jacks and have a set now. I also was good with the hula hoop . . and I have one and, yes, I can still hula hoop!!
Ahhhhh, sweet memories!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  1:47:26 PM  Show Profile
Penny.....TOO silly....really? That can't be done, can it? Look at Darlys....she's a hoot....and people think I'm a nut....so ...see....no such a thing as TOO Silly! So go on girl...bring it....join the "Nut House!"
Unfortunately, I can't get a nap today because I'm still waiting for the mechanic to call and say DH's car is done so I can walk up there and get it. So here I am....waiting...waiting....etc.... I'll go to bed early. That'll fix me up.
Darlys, do you remember the Sears & Aldens Christmas Catalogue and some of the others? Now THOSE were what we called our"Wish&Want" catalogues. We poured over them, made our lists out of them, changed the lists about 2 dozen times. Those catalogues were shot by the time Christmas came. So were our poor parents! hahaha
ooooo....I want an oatmeal cookie.... *sticks out hand... & lip * .....pleeeease!
Ok girls....toodles for now!
I love the gr-grandaughters name...clever!
Becky, I love Arizona...one of my favorite vacation spots as a kid. Our family would drive out there every summer, camp all along the way, and sight-see....for about 4-6 weeks, no a/c in the car then either and we did it in july/Aug....and took the family dog. Nobody would probably dare do that nowadays! WE looked forward to it! lol Daddy mapped it out starting in early spring, then posted it in the hallway so Patsy and I could see where all we'd be going. It was so exciting! We could hardly wait! ahhhh...Arizona...great memories!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  2:04:02 PM  Show Profile
I remember driving thru the desert to get to California with no A/C when I was 16. I remember seeing all the fire warning signs too.

I LOVED playing Jacks, cept you had to use a golf ball and be on concrete for it to work well. Onesies, twosies, pigs in a blanket, etc. Fun times. I may have to get some jacks.

Gosh ladies, all this talk about naps is getting to me.

Big hugs all around.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  2:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I just can't explain what joy you ladies bring to me. Couple times(well let me be honest here 8-10 times) a day I have to check in to see what everyone has to say...Ya'll really make my day...thank you for being my dear friends. Sometimes I feel like you live just across the field or something...

Darlys, I am glad Dr. finally showed up..you need to let her know how you feel maybe it will help. I'm with Judy, may I have a cookie too? Please, oatmeal one of my very favorites. You sound like me when it came to reading in school...I was always reading and not listening to the teacher...My Momma said I started reading at the age of 3 and spent alot of time in books which I still do today. Well that is when I'm not on this silly computer...but after finding all of ya'll I can't help but come and see ya'll, it makes my day. You are newer than me so guess I got to quit calling myself a NEWBIE...guess I'm a veteran now, huh? I think last night when I was searching the net for bias tape I came across Beverly's on the internet. Not sure if it is the same one but sounds like it might be.

CJ, I went in town today and forgot my list which you just reminded me of...I wanted to get another coloring book and more crayons. I haven't had any since my grands were little...I've always loved coloring too...I understand how it can be relaxing. I too loved jaxes but my favorite was playing marbles...I was sort of a tomboy...

Ok Judy...I will continue to join in at the "nut house" it has always been my favorite place anyway...the place I feel most at home. I would love to see the west..I have been to Dallas once...but that is as far as I've been. My DH says it is beautiful...maybe one day...I can dream can't I? Your vacation as a child sounds like fun. We use to go from SC to Louisiana every summer for a week...that was fun.. Didn't we have fun on those vacations..even with no A/C in our cars...lol...

Marsha, It's a little late here for a nap but I know what you mean...I love my afternoon naps. You also make me want to go get jacks too..so much fun, but not sure how long I can sit on the porch and play...I did teach my grands to play jacks when they were younger...sooooo much fun.

Well I'm off to make some ice tea...be back later to check on ya'll...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  5:20:03 PM  Show Profile
For a while there this morning - some of us were all talking at once. Hey - a bunch of chicks in the hen house!

My little sister is in Warner Robins, GA, Penny. Maybe sometime our physical paths will cross. I could be in GA - or you could be in Northern CA - maybe visiting Yosemite where our Oakhurst house is. All that talk about naps ... well, it got me. Either that or the week leading up to it. I just snoozed for TWO hours. Now I have to put Beverly's on the back burner. Maybe tomorrow. I'm pretty sure you found the Beverly's I mentioned on the internet - they said they had a website, And yup, I've got my coloring books and crayons, too. I remember jacks. We did play jacks and marbles. And pick-up-sticks. Loved pick-up-sticks. Played with my cousins. And Chinese checkers. And puzzles. We still have a mega-supply of puzzles. And board games. Most of the board games are still around. By the way - I pop in to catch up whenever I can. So I know what you mean about feeling like we're all neighbors instead of scattered across the country.

I envy you, CJ, I never was very accomplished at the hula hoop. Couldn't do cartwheels either .... and I was a skinny thing back then. (Emphasis on "back then") ME paperdolls? Awww - I missed those.

Judy, I am glad you managed to make it through the night. I guess having a bad ear is sometimes a blessing. I just sleep on my good ear and barely hear anything. DH had to wake me up to "enjoy" a wild thunder and lightning storm we had last fall in Oakhurst. Coming from Minnesota (originally) I actually kind of miss the action. We don't get many. Okay, to make you feel a little better - here's a half dozen oatmeal cookies. I soak the raisins in rum to soften them though - so be careful. I do remember those WISH books. I used to have a flashlight under the covers when I should have been going to sleep - with those catalogs. My dad was the one who taught me to read at age 3. And, I sure can relate. I was a good girl back then (except for the reading ahead thing). I did get in trouble in kindergarten and was put in the sandbox room - for talking to my neighbor while coloring. Can you imagine that happening now? But after that I was so quiet teachers would put me next to the "talkers" because I wouldn't. Now look at me. Musta bottled it then and just popped the cork - cause I just keep going on and on and on here.

It's taco night in the Tippie house tonight - so it's simple supper followed by PBC Mystery Theatre. We are Agatha Christie's 'Poirot' fans (Murder on the Orient Express, etc.) and other PBS offerings. Just discovered 'Doc Martin" - funnnneee.

Okay, my precious sisters, I am trotting down the stairs to make some Brown Butter Toffee Bars. I'm sharing with all of you - but be warned - they are addictive - and they are not low cal. However, I understand if you break a bar in half while indulging - all the calories just leak out.

Until tomorrow my dear ones ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  5:49:19 PM  Show Profile
I like PBS mystery theater also. I like Peroit and Miss Marple.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  5:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Yeah . . . Mary Engelbreit had an insert, on cardstock weight paper, in all of her magazines that were paperdolls . . one in every issue. I love them!
Unfortunately, she quit publishing her magazine about 3 years, or so, ago. But I still have all the issues . . and the paperdolls.

Hey . . we like "Piorot" as well. We enjoy PBS, Masterpiece, and British Comedy. If you've never seen "Keeping Up Appearances" . . you're missing Hyacinth and all her shenanigans.

CJ

Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  5:57:39 PM  Show Profile
Dang it!! I just wrote a bunch of stuff...looked back to read somebody's note and WALA!!! there went my writing. OK lesson learned...I won't do that again.

Had today to myself so I went to Prescott to shop. Nice getting out all alone :) Hubby is helping a buddy with his model train layout. Granddaughter McKenzie is with her Daddy today. I will watch her this weekend.

Daryls: I can hear your granddaughter saying UmmmMa!!! over the phone. We are over the hills from Sedona but have to drive an hour+ to get there. High desert small town in between Williams (look at the 40 hwy) and south on the 89 hwy to Prescott. Phoenix is 2 hours+ below us and waayy hotter. Isn't Cupertino the town that had a landslide many years ago? I used to live in so. Calif. Hey my husband is from Minnesota.

Penny: yes, I too talk to my tumbleweeds and anything thing else for that matter. Most weeds don't mind me. We just spray all year long and then I pull up what I feel like. That poor plant was being surrounded by that tumbleweed.

CJ: I love coloring too! Should go buy some for myself...I played jacks but mostly pic up sticks, reading, loved rollerskating and playing four square too.

Judy: vacations in Az. when you were a kid sounded like fun. We didn't go on vacations much. I do remember driving to Michigan to visit both of our grandparents...,then Yosemite and Yellowstone parks. The water heater broke sometime while we were gone and my parents weren't happy at all about that. I didn't have a clue though...I was 10 yrs old..."what's water heater and why is Dad so mad?"

Ahh the good old days...
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  6:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Darlys, Warnen Robins is only 2 1/2 hours from me so who knows we just might meet and our son(my step-son) lives in LA, he is an actor..I've never been out there but DH has and we keep talking about going...
So glad I am going to have some brown butter toffee bars here, then I know for sure it won't put any weight on my hips...lol...Darlys would you mind sharing that recipe, it sounds yummy?

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  7:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Wow my chattie-cathy's ...you have been on a real gabfest today haven't you? It is hard to keep up with all of you sometimes.

Playing jacks was one of my favorite games because you could do it all by yourself and pick-up sticks too. I had a brother and
sister...but some times I just wanted to play alone.

C.J. I miss the Mary Englebreit Home Companion Magazine too. Dumb me...I got rid of a bunch of mine and could kick myself in the
backside. Especially the Older ones. I do have probably a box full. Loved her magazine so much! Some of the Paper Dolls I cut out
for my grand-daughters and some I saved.

Well...I need to go back up to the Laundry Room...I have been washing bedding and towels tonight and hate having to go up and down 2 floors
to do it...buy hey, it is what it is.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  05:06:59 AM  Show Profile
I am glad CJ you still love to color. I color too in color books. I have one that is of designs. It is a really soothing and stress relieving activity.

Becky when I lived out in the valley north of Hollywood, CA we used to get some windy days and sometimes tumbleweeds would come rolling down our street. My brother and I would run outside and chase them trying to catch them by the roots. We really had a lot of fun with them. If we could catch one. We would have tumbleweed fights and used them like weapons with each other. We never hurt each other though and just pretended.
Patsy, I just sent for some Victorian paper dolls. I am waiting to see how they are going to look. I remember sitting and cutting out all those clothes and keeping them in the shoe box. I used to get so upset when they wouldn't stay on the dolls. I still have a great love for paper dolls. There is even paper doll fabric that can be purchased. I gave all my paper dolls pages from my Mary Englebreit magazines to the granddaughters for cutouts. We had fun with them although I think I did most of the cutting.

Well, we are sitting here in northeastern Florida today waiting for the BIG rain. It is heading this way and I guess my prayers have been answered about wanting it. The sky is dark and little doggie, Snuggles, is sleeping quietly by my feet.

I talked to my middle granddaughter last night. She is a junior in college this year studying film. She will be starting next week at CA State Northridge next week. She is living off campus this year in an apartment that she is renting with 3 other girls. I really enjoyed listening to her tell me how they all have their beds and dressers but no other furniture at the place. They are shopping at the thrift stores for things and hopefully one of the girl's folks have a sofa they can use. She is so excited to be doing this. I hope all goes well for her. She has been working 2 jobs this summer to save lots of money and hopes to get a campus job.

I am going to have to check in more often to see what you all are chatting about. I think you are all so wonderful and I don't want to miss a thing.

I loved to roller skate except those darn key skates kept falling off and I never got any of those shoe skates except if I went to the roller rink which was far away. My father was a musician and worked at a radio station in Hollywood. If our family went into town then sometimes we could go skating. The rink was in a studio which was once a movie studio.

Hugs,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  07:16:53 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Nancy!

I woke up at 6am for some dumb reason but whatever...I'm up. So here I am drinking my coffee and looking in here to see who's on. Not too chatty but it's really early-haha.

I hope the big rain is everything you need but doesn't do any damage to your place Nancy. This storm is all over our news here as usual. Reading about you and your brother playing with tumbleweeds made me remember my sisters and I playing with t. weeds too. We used to get chased by huge tumbleweeds that would blow over our fence way in the backyard and chase us all the way to our gates. We also loved it. My Dad would make tumbleweed snowmen in the winter for Christmas. Join three tumbleweeds together and then spray paint them white and add hats,etc...so cool.

I also loved Mary Englebreit's companion books and magazines.

I must go get more coffee now....I'll check in later on :)
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  09:00:32 AM  Show Profile
I was up at 6 today since I had a lady coming to see the gas stove I have for sale. I have a side by side refrigerator also. I just got new appliances, not because mine were old (only 5 years) but they came with the manufactured home and they weren't what I wanted. The stove wasn't self cleaning and the fridge too small. Anyway the lady bought the stove and didnt quibble on the price. She said when you said it was clean you meant clean. lol! Now if I can sell the fridge both will pay for the embroidery machine I bought yesterday. I got such a good deal on a new one that I lost all thoughts on buying a used or reconditioned one. As soon as I get the quilt bound then I can set up the new machine and hook it up to my computer and try it out. Well, I have to head out to the farmers market. The fresh produce in our markets isn't as fresh as they say it is. I need to get there before it gets too hot. It's supposed to get close to 110 today. They're calling for 120 in Death Valley and that's only 100 miles from us as the crow flies.

My daughter is getting ready for Irene to hit near her. She is in NC near the coast. Keep her in your prayers and anyone else that may be in the path of this dangerous storm. Have a great day everyone.....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page