True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  08:57:47 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,
It is Sunday about noon and we have cloud cover and haziness today. Possible rain this evening and 100% chance for tomorrow.The cloud cover is a relief. The sun is not baking us and the temps aren't going to be in high 90's today.We are to get soome of the tropical storm Lee and that is where the rain is to come from.The plants and trees will be glad to get some nourishing rain.

Nancy, I have always heard of Amelia Island. Is it beautiful there? Is there lot's of tourist? Do they have pretty beaches? I love to go to the beach. We visited Ft. Morgan Ala. last year and it was wonderful. I took my mom in Oct. She had not been to a beach is 30 or more years. It was the best time for us. I am so glad that I did for she would not be able to go this year (because of health issues) I have wonderful memories of that trip.

I went to my mom's yesterday and cut her hair. I have never done that before and I (patting me on the back) did an ok job. While I was there we looked at pictures and did some reminiscing.What fun that was. We laughed at all the different hair do's that we had. Then my mom made something specail for me. It was always my favorite. "Heavenly Rice" Has anyone ever had that before? It is yummy and Heavenly.

Today I am going to church at 1 and then kick back the rest of the day. I am going to read my book and do a little crocheting. I am crocheting book marks for a craft sale that is going on here in Sept.The proceeds will go to Newborns in Need.
Hope you all have a great rest of the day. Will post later.
debra e
P.S. I Loved Loved the picture of the morning glory with the Light Of God. I put this as my screen saver. BEAUTIFUL

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  10:47:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, I agree with Peggy, I don't like being out on the HWY's on a holiday. Toooooo many crazy drivers. We've had rain the last two days and its beautiful out today. A wonderful breeze!! I have to make myself come back inside to do something. I could just get lost out there with my book and a nice glass of tea. Hope everyone has a nice and safe holiday weekend. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  11:24:58 AM  Show Profile
I don't like to travel on holidays either. Fortunately we live in an area that doesn't have a lot of traffic unless you drive on hwy 395 on a Friday night or a Sunday night and in this case Monday night. Everyone must take that hwy to get to the mountains communities north of us. I am less than a mile from hwy 395 and it is higher in elevation than me so I can see all the traffic at night going and coming but I'm not close enough to hear the noise. I'd like to sit on the front porch in my swing but it's too hot to do that. I could have done it early this morning but I was cleaning out the chicken pens and aviaries then so I missed out for today. There's always tomorrow though. We'll cook out tonight, steak, coleslaw and biscuits and some leftover rhubarb strawberry pie from last night. Hope everyone has a good day.....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  1:18:08 PM  Show Profile
OK Girls...Here Is A Little Holiday Humor for You...ENJOY!

7 Signs you're having a Hot Flash

1. Your iced tea just started to boil.
2. Your husband says you look “steamed.”
3. The lifeguard called you “one hot mama” - but he meant it literally.
4. The dial on your AC reads, “High as it goes, Lady.”
5. Fire alarms go off whenever you enter a room.
6. Is that smell your eyebrows burning?
7. You're considering taking up permanent residence in your freezer.

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  2:59:40 PM  Show Profile
Debra, the north part of Amelia Island is where the old town of Fernandina Beach is located. It was first settled by Indians, then by Spain,and later by England, France and America. The southern part of the island is very beautiful. It is call the Plantation and is lush and green. The beaches here are very clean with dunes and white sand. We have sea turtles and the dunes are protected. I love the water because it is warm compared to the Pacific Ocean. But nothing I've seen can beat the beautiful waves of the Pacific Ocean.
Most of the tourists come for the long weekends and the festivals. We have a big shrimp festival as well as film and book festival. Also several concerts in the summer and a big classic car show. The other thing that draws people is the Ritz Carlton on the island. They sometimes have things going on on long weekends. The hotel is in the Plantation area.

What is "Heavenly Rice?" It sounds like it is really good.

Thanks for the humor, PeggyAnn. That's just how hot flashes feel. I don't have them anymore but I still remember.

There are big, black clouds overhead. However, we are not getting any rain here on our street. Maybe tomorrow it will rain. I hope so.

Have a nice Labor Day. We are going to have Salmon tomorrow for dinner. My favorite fish.

Hugs,
Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301
Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  6:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I just found someplace I belong.... with the mature chicks! Yep, I am in the over 50 class of wonderful women! I think I will join you gals if you don't mind. Though it will take me weeks to finish reading all 63 pages of post on here. By then I should know you all pretty well. :)

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  6:55:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Sounds like you all have been very very busy. I've been under the weather ....literally! The humidity got me down. We had a 3 day stretch of 95+/humid/scorching sun...and I tried to do laundry on the line....ya....done myself in. Plus I had some kind of summer complaint that kept me close to the lieu! I'm just now feeling ....ummm....sort of...myself. Sorry to complain.
So nice to read all the posts and catch up. Welcome to the new "Older but Wiser's!" Glad to meet ya! Patty, of course we don't mind....the more the merrier.
I think Megan's the one you girls want to give your Birthday info to. She's keeping the books current.
Well, I'm ready to retire for the day. Have a great Labor Day Gals! Be safe!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  7:38:43 PM  Show Profile
No Judy...Megan is doing Birthdays for The Porch. :+) I am doing birthdays for the Over 50's gals.
You haven't signed up yet. So, drop me an email. I am so sorry you haven't felt good from the Heat.

WELCOME PATTY...we are happy to have you join us. And please email me with your full name, address and birthdate and how old you will be on this b-day. Thanks! I want to get this Birthday List To Everyone...hopefully this week. We do have some Sept. Birthdays. This will just be to send Birthday Cards.
They don't even have to be home made...but can be if you want.

Nancy...I have never seen the Atlantic Ocean. Pictures I have seen, the beaches look very rocky compared to
our beaches. But it looks so beautiful in a different way than our beaches. Each having a lot to offer.

Well, girls...off until tomorrow. Hope everyone suffereing from high tempt. gets some relief at night.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  7:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy! My hubby and I have had a summer complaint. He had it first when he got home from Ohio and 3 days later I had it. We were thinkg it might of been a bug that he caught on the plane. But we are both better now.

Judy, you being from Ohio too... have you ever heard of Hevenly Rice? It is a white rice pudding with cherris, pineapple and mashmellows. I also think that there is a cream put in it. My mom makes it and has since I was a little kid. In fact I am about to go to the fridge and get the rest that she made me.

Nancy- thanks for giving me the info on Amelia Island. It souds wonderful. I didn't know about this place only heard of other people talking that they were going there.

Patty- Welcome to the forum New Farm Gal. Love to have you. Kick back and enjoy the ride with these ladies. You are welcome to come along and visit with us!
We are good at sharing our ups and downs of our lives and even are known to give great advice.

Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  7:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Well Hello Girls!

I think I found my way here once a long time ago and I certainly belong here so when I get on to MJF I am going to try and get here. Guess we need to keep it an active topic for me, lol! Will have to add one more post it note to my computer!

Love all the pictures, the beautiful horse and those quilts are to die for Betty! I haven't read all 63 pages but I think it's a very talented group I get to join.

PeggyAnn, two things: I love the humor! I have a fan next to me in every room of my house and on my desk at work it's so bad! And seeing how I just turned 57 on Friday I'm thinking those fans will be there awhile! So can you figure out my b-day and put me on your list for next year? My daughter was born on my birthday and turned 28. And I got to see her the day before our birthday which was really nice as we haven't missed one together yet until this year. But now that she lives 4 hours from me, we may miss some in the future!

Many of you probably know this but I have spent my summer close to home other then to take the DH to Portland once a month to the Dr. This weekend is no different. The hubby had foot surgery July 6th and is confined to bed until October 4th when we learn if he's confined another month or gets a walking cast. So, while I am itching to go and do something, I can't. But I don't mind because I have one heck of a garden this year! Built two new raised beds by myself and am now working on a brick walkway in front of the chicken coop.

My one "date night" this summer was during our towns Maine Wild Blueberry Festival which is the third weekend of August every year. The Beehive Collective started putting on a "Blackfly Ball" 10 years ago on that Saturday night. No drinking, no drugs, bring the family and dress up however you'd like is pretty much how it's advertised. It's free to all and/or donations. This year they had four bands, 2 in the park which spans over our river and two bands in the Grange Hall which they now own. Before the ball my 4 year old great-nephew came over and he, my daughter and her fiance, and I got busy and made masks for the ball and then went along with my niece and her friend to it for a little while. Here's a picture of me and my "date".

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  10:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi girls,
I think of you all lots . . . and I wish I had more time to "sit and chat". Life keeps me busy!!!
But you all keep the "old lady" fun coming!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  12:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Labor Day everyone, Company gone, now got to catch up on everything...first thing is reading everyone's posts...then hopefully a little sewing, then I want to start my new book that came Sat. "The Help" after reading everyone talking about the book and movie I had to get it. I was so lucky to find it on Ebay for $9.95 with free shipping, pays having to drive 50+ miles to the book store. We had our BBQ yesterday, Ribs, corn on the cob, coleslaw, baked beans, baked(on grill) onions and homemade bread...it was a new recipe and now I think it is my favorite.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my horse Jiggy, he is something else. Should have seen me yesterday chasing him down when he got hold of the top off the catfish food...too funny watching me run...

Betty, I really love your quilts they are so pretty, I wish I had learned to quilt by hand...but I can barely quilt at all. Sorry to hear about the hearing aid...hope you get it fixed soon, My DH doesn't hear well at all...I think I have finally convinced him to get a hearing aid but time will tell...I am always having to repeat myself with him and really dislike having to raise my voice so he can hear, makes me feel like I'm yelling but I guess I should be use to it by now..

PeggyA he does have my hair color...maybe that's why he is the way he is...so much like me...lol I saw a purple chair once at Office Depot...I almost bought it but already had 2 and couldn't justify another one. Sorry to hear about Snickers, but one good thing is his hair will grow back then you can get it cut the way you want it. Hope DH recharges with the 3 day weekend and that the week will go better for him after he goes back to work. I just love the 7 signs of hot flashes...and number 7 is my favorite...thanks for sharing

Debra, thank you for the story it does help. I will miss David but I know it is the best thing for him. You helped me look at things differently. What part of Georgia do you live in? I moved to GA when I got married in 09 but it still only put me 2 hours away from my sons. Again thank you for sharing your story with me. I love the relationship that you have with your Mom...sounds alot like the one I had with mine. I sure miss her everyday. She died in 06 and she was always my best friend. So tell me what heavenly rice is? Hope you and DH are feeling better today.

Becky,I am glad to know I'm not the only one that jumps around while I'm writing..but at least now I have a name for it "Becky Talk" lol Glad to hear you had fun with "the girls"

Holly, it sounds like you have a sweet son, I hope he had a great birthday, and yes they grow up so fast. My baby is 30...he is the one moving so far away...He is sweet like that too.. Ross sounds like he is a sharp little fella....I'm glad that you enjoyed the pic of Jiggy, I wish I could check more of the crazy things he does...you sure sound busy girl,

Daryls and Nancy, Sure hope ya'll had a great weekend...Nancy, I don't like to travel on holidays either.

Brenda, send some of that rain this way, they say we are suppose to have rain for 3 days starting today, but haven't seen any yet...but sure looks like it outside, will just have to wait and see.

Welcome Patty, I promise you will love it here...it has the best group of farmgirls...it is the only place that I know everyone understands "hot flashes"...DH...still don't get it...

Judy, I have learned that the ladies here don't call that complaining, we call it sharing...that's part of what makes us such good friends...we can share whatever we need too on any giving day. I sure hope you are feeling better

Hi Ginny, and first happy belated birthday. I love the pic of "your date" other than DH, don't think you could have had a better one. I hope DH is recouped by the date the doctors gave him..It has to be just as tough on him being confined as it is you...It's one thing when you "don't" want to go anywhere than it is when you can't...Glad you had a great time at the party.

CJ, wow, it's taking we a while to get to the bottom of all the posts...I see you are busy...I should be doing other things but I was having withdrawals, from not being here...so glad I got caught up. 3 days has been way to long.

Maybe I will check in later...for now everyone have a great afternoon.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  1:53:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi All.....hope everyone is having a great time for the holiday weekend!

Penny.....my baby is 40 (OF COURSE, I was a baby when I had him :))and was a 1000 miles away from him for a year or so and it was tough, but now he is only 20 miles south. I live N. Dallas he lives S. Dallas. He works a lot though so I don't see him often. But it's just nice to know he's close if I need him. Your kiddo will be thinking of you always...:)

Actually he and the girlfriend are in New Orleans and he said it's raining but it's not as bad as I hear on the news and 'he told me',"don't believe the hype, Mom." Lee is bringing winds to Texas though and wreaking havoc on Texas with the wild fires! Lotsa folks need prayers. So many homes lost and lives disrupted.

The weather here is absolutely magnificent today! 82 a slight breeze! Just so great to have surpassed the triple digit days! :)

Welcome Patty.....we love new farmgirls here. This is the greatest bunch of gals on the planet! They will gladly laugh, cry and celebrate with you no matter what! Feel like whining.......go ahead......venting....here's the place! Celebrations to share.....we all love those! :)

Ginny just SUBSCRIBE to TOPIC...upper right corner of this page....you'll always to be able to access us!!!!!!!!:)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  2:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yay! woke up to under 70 degrees!! rained all day and still raining, got over an inch so far and we are under a tornado watch till 11pm. Dead limbs are falling out of the trees from all the rain, but sure am LOVING the cooler temps.

My mom in law made heavenly rice with crushed pineapple, cool whip, canned rice pudding and small marshmellies, loved that stuff! so refreshing.

Love Jiggy. Wish we could see a pic of you chasing him down for that lid. Each animal has a character all their own. Once while riding my horse, she stopped at a dusty spot, got down and proceeded to roll in it!! I had to get free of the stirrups and jump over her head to get out of her way. I was so mad at her! I grabbed those reins and pulled her to her feet right now!

Made some pickled eggs and beets, pasta salad and a pot of peaches and blackberries with dumplings. Got rained out of any cookout plans, but oh well, another day, huh? My stuff will taste better after it ages 2 days anyway. ;)

Well, check back with you gals tomorrow, have a good evening. hugs

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  4:35:51 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Peg, got mixed up.I told ya my brain got fried in the sun, along with all my other parts.lolol I sent ya my info for my b-day.
Debra e, yes, my G-ma & Mom made heavenly rice a lot too.Like Patsy said, it had whip cream, pineapple and mini-marshmellows in it.But they used cooked rice instead of canned like her MIL did.I like the idea of the cherries in there too. They didn't do that.That would be so preeeety too.But it was so cool and refreshing. Must be an Ohio thang huh? haha
Hello Ginny, I remember you because I remember your tagline.... and boy, do I feel sorry for your DH. Who wants to spend that long in bed. Poor fella....poor Ginny!!! lol I liked your masks. Neat sign behind you too. What does it say in the fine print? I can't see it w/o my telescope...and it's in the shop.hahaha
Well, we had a cold(to us, after all that heat)rainy, dark day today.mid 60's HONEST!!!...and WINDY! It's at 60 right now at 7:30 PM. Gonna sleep good tonight. ahhhhh Probably need socks on to sleep. Anybody else out there like that?...once it drops below 60, ya need to keep your feeties warm, or ya can't sleep??? Anyhoo, the only thing we did today was go to Cracker Barrel to eat.
Think I'll make a pot of peach cordial tea and read my book. I just heard a gaggle of geese fly over the house honking their horns. I always watch them fly toward a lake back in the woods. They fly there every night and I never tire of their cheery honks! lol It's a comfort. Well, night Gals! Love yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 05 2011 10:04:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  9:00:33 PM  Show Profile
Well, we didn't get summer weather this summer but we are making up for it in Sept. It is going to be an
Indian Summer for sure. Just lovely really. I am so enjoying it. Now I can no longer complain that I didn't get some of my hot weather I wanted.

Everyone was so busy this Labor Day Weekend. Glad you all had such interesting things to do. Ours was very relaxing and enjoyable. Ate dinner out several times, hit our favorite bookstore several times and did some shopping. Just real pleasant and low key. Went to see the house my son is trying to purchase. He should hear sometime this week.

Well, I want to go catch the Design Star show on HGTV.

Chat with you more later. So far we have 14 on our birthday list.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 05 2011 9:01:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  10:10:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey!
Judy that is it. The Hevenly Rice. But this time mama put the cherries and it was Delish! It does have cooked white rice in it, pineaple and cream, She didn't know the exact ingredients...but it sure was yummy and refreshing.
We had RAIN today. ALL DAY! Also her in Ga there were a lot of tornados and damage done.
Penny, who lives in Washington Ga. Are you all ok there? I watched the weather report when I could today and saw that the storm and tornados hit more south west of us. I hope you are all ok! Thinking of you when I saw this. I am not exactly sure where you are in the state of Ga.
Can you believe that the weekend is over? This time flies to fast. Another work week coming up. But it AIN'T to bad. It will be a short week.
I am thinking of all you farm Gals and hope that you have a Great week! Check up with ya'll later. Debra e
P.S. I had to laugh Judy. Being a Ohioian...My mom and I say "yuns" too. Love yuns, check with you later.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  04:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Penny, I hope you enjoy "The Help". I loved it...couldn't put it down. Let us know what ya think.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  05:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning all, Wow it is a very windy day here today, but cool and loving it..

Mel, yep I was a baby too when my baby was born..lol...I know it will be tough for him to be away from me too..guess I haven't thought of it that way....

Patsy, wow you are lucky you didn't get hurt when your horse did that....they really do have minds of their own...never know what they will do...I have so many stories of Jiggy...but I don't want to forget Joker he too gets into things...maybe I will get a pic of him doing something one day. Did you survive the tornado warnings? Let us know...we had them here too but looks like we were spared.

Judy, I'm with you, if my feet are cold I can't sleep, so many nights I have to put socks on and then sometime in the middle of the night, off they come.

PeggyA, enjoy the weather, good thoughts for your son...hope he gets his house.

Debra, Thank you for checking on me...we live about an hour north of Augusta, we are on the east part of GA.. We were lucky and didn't get a tornado here, but it sure was windy..and it is very windy today....and cool...so enjoying that...beats the 100 degree days.

Linda, I am enjoying if very much so far..can't wait to get back to it.

Today I have a lot to do. got to sew a bag for a friend of mine that we are meeting tomorrow for her birthday (in Augusta) and I also am baking her a strawberry roll cake...my Momma's recipe...only prob. is that it has to stay cold for transport...so also got to find something to put it in so it can go in an ice chest for the ride there. There is whipped topping on this cake so have to keep it cold. Think I am going to put a can of my peaches in her bag with some kitchen towels I made...that sounds like a pretty good present to me...lol.. I will check back in later...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

MarBaer
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Mary
Wakefield Kansas
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  06:04:19 AM  Show Profile
Count me in. Will be 56 shortly. Life is just beginning! Enjoy!!!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  06:47:40 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Tuesday to all of you!
I'm off for another 10 hour day as caregiver for my sister . . . it will be a challenging, discouraging day. I just pray for less agitation for her.
Take care!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  06:54:14 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME MARY! If you email me your birthdate, name and address I will include on The Birthday List.

Penny...sounds like your friend will have a nice birthday celebration with all those goodies you are
fixen up for her. ~ Well, I finished THE HELP last night. Awesome book...now, I want to see the Movie.
Some of us gals, are thinking about going and seeing it together while we are on Retreat at the Oregon
Coast later this month. I cannot believe this book was the Author's first book and was made in to a Movie.
But Penny that should tell you how good it is. It will keep you thinking about it for a long time once you are done with it.

Well, my dog woke me up really early this morning and so I am going back to bed for awhile.

More Later Ladies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  07:14:36 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Ladies.
Has been a chilly morning here in south central Illinois. 46' when I got up. I am loving this cooler weather. It was just 103' here last week.
I have some young homing pigeons I am training and released them yesterday a little farther that recent releases. They didn't make it home before dark so I slept lightly. I guess that is the mother instinct in me. They were all back home safe and sound early this morning.
Our summer has been busy and now that Labor day weekend is over we will be planning for Halloween and then the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. All just around the corner.
I have a big fall festival that I will set up as a vendor in a couple of weeks and I have so much to do. I have been doing the farmer's market and have depleted my inventory, so I really need to build it up. I have 22 aprons cut out and ready to sew...I need to get motivated! Maybe do that today...lol.
So many other items to work on as well. I get so side tracked. I promise... this is my last cup of coffee and then I am off!

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  08:02:12 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' Gals! Slept like a rock with my socks and an extra blanket. It was 59 at 10 this morning. Yipppeeeee....Fall type weather. My Fav! All 3 R_ts are huddled up in a pile like kittens this morning to keep warm. hahaha (Peg, I did that just for you, knowing that you don't like them)Since my one is a hairless, she can get all the warmth she can find! It's windy again today. Sounds like we all are getting wind in the East today. These cooler temps are suppose to go clear in to next week. Hope so. Can do yard work again! It needs it.Time to put yard ornaments away.
Penny, your friend is so lucky to have such a lovely, totally home-made gift!
Mary, welcome to the group!
CJ, you are in my prayers Dearie!

Well, yak more later Gals!
Love yuns(hahaha...just for Deb)

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  09:13:04 AM  Show Profile
Judy...you crack me up girlfriend. I am thinking to myself..."What are R T's?" Then you said, you did that for me since I don't like them. RATs...I get it now, I was a little slow.OK, a lot slow but it is still early here. ha ha!

CJ...my prayers are with you and your sister. Can't even imagine that emotional roller-coaster!

OK, I'm back to do something constructive around my house...
more later...

peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page