Page: of 218

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  05:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone. I wanted you to know that I follow every word here. It is hard for me to type because I use my Android cell phone with keyboard.
Going to church soon. Hugs to everyone.
Linda

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  05:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone. I wanted you to know that I follow every word here. It is hard for me to type because I use my Android cell phone with keyboard.
Going to church soon. Hugs to everyone.
Linda

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  08:31:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning GF's...just had the chance to pop in and say hello to you girls.

McKenzie arrived at 7am..it's going to be a fun day ;)

I'm so glad the nfl football season is finally here so I am very happy!!! I LOVE football!!

Yes, it is also an unforgettable day..I cannot sit there watching these news shows on the TV...talking about it over and over. My husband lost some friends in the Pentagon that day.

Have a good day girls :)

Becky
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  08:46:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies, It is hard to believe that it has been 10 years since the terrorist attacks on the U.S. Paryers for our nation as we all mourn and remember this tragic day.

I am trying to keep up with everyone on this forum. It is so cool to be involved in your lives with this.
Nancy, I too have to write down notes so I can respond to the right person.
Penny I felt your disappointment in having to hear that your son may not be able to visit you. I hope that all worked out. I hope your side feels better. But I too thik that you may need to go to a dr if it hangs on to much longer. Take care of yourself.
Daryls, I can only imagine how you must of felt when you saw that bike accident. That kind of stuff shakes me to the core and then I will think about it the rest of the day. I am sure your blood pressure was up.
Holly, you made Quiche. I love Quiche. In fact I want to make one with my mom but she is lactose intolerant so we a re going to try a dairy free quiche. I will let you know how it turns out. (she makes the best pie crust)
Judy, Did you have night mares of the "Kujo" dog? I remember that movie. I was on the edge of my seat as I am sure that you were getting those eggs. I think that I would have had to have me one of those beers to calm my nerves.
The weather here in Ga has been so nice. It has been cool in the morning (jacket temps) and nicely warming up in the afternoon. Little fluffy clouds and blue blue sky. Love it. But...we are to be getting back up in the 90's mid week. Bummer! I like this cooler weather.
Well I am off to my mom's. She is making a Sunday dinner of pot roast and potatoes. Cream puffs for a treat. Y'all have a good day and will post later.
Happy Trails to you Till we meet again!

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  09:06:42 AM  Show Profile
I REMEMBER!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  12:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone, Yes, I remember too. How tragic and so unnecessary. Did the terrorists think it would bring us to our knees? I think not, they're cowards because they can't face you and attack you, they have to do it the way they did. I pray they don't something else. My prayers go out to all who lost family memebers and friends that day. We won't forget, anymore than we forget Pearl Harbor.

It's cooler today since we had some rain with the thunderstorm last night. It smelled so fresh outside. The creosote bushes smell so good after a rain. The best air freshener around.

I have ironing to do so had better get with it. I have a steak out for supper to go on the grill and I am going to make coleslaw as well. I should do some deveiled eggs since my egg container is getting full. I hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  12:00:22 PM  Show Profile
I Remember too, But I don't want to re-live it over and over. I can't handle seeing bodies jump from the towers over and over again. I pray for the families that lost loved ones. But I have felt my stress level go up over the past couple of weeks in anticipation of today, it tears at my heart and I want to ignore all the news broadcast. It all just makes me sick at my stomach and brings tears to my eyes. I just don't want to re-live it. Am I alone?

A group of wonderful ladies met at my home once again for a second time. We started a local chapter of Farmgirl Sisterhood. We are the Country Belles group.
This gathering included 5 women. We had a dinner of soup, sandwiches and jumbleberry pie. We discussed activities we would do as a group. We are looking forward to a few field trips in the near future. We discussed things we would like to do at meetings. Each one of us have something to offer the group. The first meeting we made coasters from rags and clothesline. This meeting we made a rose for hand towels in the bathroom. We are anxious to learn how to make etched wine glasses our next meeting. Each lady will take turns hosting our meeting. The next meeting will be held at a State Park. We plan on camping. We are all pretty excited.
We discussed charitable projects. One lady in our group is going through chemo. Some of us have been making turbans for chemo patients. She requested that we make turbans as a group. One lady works for Catholic Charities. She requested that we have fund raisers to help with the purchase of disposable diapers for families with infants in need. We discussed making blankets for the local hospital. We also discussed volunteer work at Catholic Charities and The Hope Center. We have a very eager group.
I think we all had a wonderful time. I know I did and I am so looking forward to our next gathering.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  12:15:23 PM  Show Profile
Patty, It sounds like you had a good day with your group and you are planning on doing some wonderful things.
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  6:29:49 PM  Show Profile
The day is almost over but if you don't mind I'd like to share my story because until this weekend I never got back to what I was doing on September 10, 2001.

I love to "redo" my house. For me it's creative, fun, relaxing, and truly enjoyable. On September 11, 2001 I was sleeping late because I had stayed up late the night before putting up drywall in our living room. My husband called me from work and told me to get up and turn on the TV. Well, because the house was in construction mode, the TV we had available was a little old TV from my elderly Aunt that was maybe 15 inches and everything on the screen was tinted heavily in blue. It was a terrible TV but our normal one was under a tarp, unplugged from the wall and satellite, along with tons of furniture. When the second plane hit the second tower I called my husband and told him to immediately go get my daughter from high school and my Aunt from her apartment. I wanted to make sure we were together as a family going forward that day. Being a very small town they were all here within 20 minutes.

I remember how we sat around this blue TV, barely able to see anything, totally in silence with our throats somewhere deep inside our stomachs. We watched all day and into the night. Other than to get a drink or use the bathroom none of us left that small TV. I don’t think we even bothered to eat! It reminded me of when I was 10 and JFK was shot. They sent us all home from school and we sat around a small black and white TV, fixated and stunned, only this time it was a blue TV.

Sometime the next day I put the furniture back and hooked up the normal TV in the living room so we could watch it all over and over. I figured I would finish getting the baseboard, crown molding, and floor put in, in a few days. This was more important now. My daughter came home from school the next day only to tell me that a very nice couple we knew from Lubec, Maine had died on American Flight 11. They were relatives of a close friend of my daughters. Living rural as we do, you tend to know families and people all over the County. It was Robert and Jackie Norton. Mr. Norton was the oldest person to die that day. He was 82. He and his wife Jackie were on their way to CA. to her son's wedding. I always wonder when or if he still got married? Why did his wedding have to be spoiled by his Mother's death? Why did God take two people that were extremely giving of themselves to all in their community? They went above and beyond the call of being a neighbor! They were wonderful people. The news of their deaths just made me more fixated and stunned.

It took until January 2002 when my daughter and I drove to DC to visit a college she was going to go to, that finally allowed me to stop being fixated and start living again. It happened because everywhere we went, everything we saw, was a flag, a sign, flowers, something to show us our nation would indeed be ok. The tree at the Pentagon that had a bullet, flowers, teddy bears, and other memorabilia was probably the crowning moment for me. I will never forget it, sitting there by itself on a hillside between freeway exits and entrances and there was all this stuff reminding us of those lost there that day. We actually made a scrapbook when we arrived home of all the patriotic pictures we had taken on that trip because we were so amazed!

And now it's ten years later. My daughter has graduated high school and college and is about to get married. My Aunt, bless her soul, died in 2005 holding my hand. A lot has happened since that day. Life has gone on. But my throat is always at the bottom of my stomach on 9-11 and I think it will be until the day I die. Up until this year, on 9-11 I have always immersed myself in DVD’s, TV shows, and books about that day.

But not this year. Today I came out of the living room and said to my husband "Do you think it's time I finish putting in the baseboard, crown molding, and floor? It's only been ten years". So this weekend I will remember the day, the people who died, and the families and communities who had to go on and I’m pretty sure it won’t be creative, fun, or relaxing. My throat will be at the bottom of my stomach, my eyes will be shedding tears, all while I do myself a service and finish my living room.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  6:44:45 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for your story Ginnie.

I will remember this day 9/11/11 because my first grandchild, Jay, called today to tell me he's giving me my first great grandchild. I'm just thrilled and so is he. Now I need to plan a baby quilt. What fun. I'll have so much fun planning it as much as I will maling it and I'll probably do a baby afghan also.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was great. Let's hope for a good week also.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  04:28:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

I am sitting her on this quiet, early morning drinking my cup of coffee thinking about the day ahead. No big plans for the day. I plan to do some house cleaning and then maybe some shopping later today.

Patty, your group meeting sounds like a special group of ladies. It sounds like you have great plans for the future. I like all those ideas your group has come up with.

Ginny, thank you for sharing your experience of 9/11 with us. It brought back many of my feelings about that day. I have realized how much I loved my country more since that day. I think, like so many Americans, I never thought anything like that could happen here.

Betty, Congratulations on becoming a great-grandmother. How exciting for you. I remember when my mother found out she was going to be a great-grandmother. She was so thrilled. When my daughter's third girl was about 3 years old, my mother, myself, my daughter and the 3 great-granddaughters all sat and had a picture made of the 4 generations. It is so beautiful to see all us together.

Have a wonderful day everyone. It is the start of a new week. :D

Hugs,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  05:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you everyone for the stories of where you were and what you were doing on 9/11/01. These have brought tears to my eyes as it does every year on this date. But even more so I think this year since my Baby boy is moving to Michigan. Last night was his going away party in Columbia, SC a little more than 2 hours away from me...After Friday he will be about 14 hours away. I got to spend the day with him yesterday and so enjoyed it...started to cry a few times but held them back when I found out we are going back up to see him Thurs. After my older brother died last year I gave his gas grill to my youngest, well he told me he didn't have room to take it with him so we are going up to get it and a few more things he doesn't have room to take. Or just doesn't want to...lol...ya know how boys are... So I guess I will hold my tears till then. I am including 2 pics here. The first is the pic of him and me and the other is of the people that love him most I think...just so it makes alittle since I will start on the right and tell you who they are then on left not that it really matters I guess but guess I want you to know just alittle about my family..lol Billy, my oldest, Ian, William and Mindy on left is my DIL Mandie, one of my grandsons Kyle, David, DH Jim and Me. Ian was David's roommate, and William and Mindy are David's bestfriends, they all grew up together and have been friends for about 12 years....

PS can you see my red eyes and tell I have wiped my makeup off...didn't see any sense in putting it back on either...lol

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Sep 12 2011 05:14:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  08:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Good morning girls. Have tried several times to respond to posts, but I don't have a computer, only my phone. Most of the time I run into problems, so here goes.

So my husband has decided to finally build his railroad. Thinking I was being nice, I suggested we turn one of the spare bedrooms into his trainroom, since the kids are all out of the house. He said "no, I'm not going to do that". So I asked him, where you gonna put it? In the livingroom, the kitchen, maybe our bedroom. So he says, forget it, I just won't build it. Needless to say, it's going in the spare bedroom. And they say they don't understand us! Lol

Had thunderstorms yesterday. What a nice change - cooler weather and a little rain. May get some today too.

Have a bunch of greenbeans to put up (freezing). Maybe do some baking, but mostly cleaning I think.

Have a great day.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  08:51:36 AM  Show Profile
Penny, what a lovely family. I know you treasure the time you have with them all. 14 hours isn't too bad a distance. One of my daughters is about that far from me. She's in WA ande I have another only 3 hours away but the rest of my family is in OK, AL and NC so it's a bit farther than I like. We fly to NC but we drive to OK and the son in AL usually meets us in either OK or NC when we're heading that way. My future great grandbaby will be ablout 4 hours away so that's not too bad. We do a lot of driving.

Well, have to get ready to head out so everyone have a good day. It will be hotter today than yesterday but that's alright as fall is just around the corner.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  10:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Monday to all!
I wish I had more time to chat . . . but I have to get moving!
Enjoy your day!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  10:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi all, just wanted to say good afternoon. I am meeting friends today...always nice. Its hot again but that's ok. It will be cold soon enough. Have a good day everyone.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

mollybee
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

JoAnn
Rogue River OR
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  11:42:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ann, 50's are fabulous. I am 52 and love this age.

JoAnn farmgirl #385
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  11:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Add me to the farmgirls over 50. I'm 54 years young but my body thinks its closer to 80 some days LOL. Babysitting my 2 yr. old grandson today and he's down for his nap so a good time to read more posts and catch up on all I've missed the past yr or so. Spent the day peeling pears yesterday and stuffed them in the fridge in orange juice and water till I can get to them tonight after I get home. Will be the first time I've canned any pears and have a few recipes to try so hoping they come out yummy.
Hubby is doing well so far with his radiation therapy for prostate cancer. He's teasing the nurses at the cancer treatment center so I know he's still feeling good :)
My dad is planning on coming to Wisconsin for Octoberfest the wkend of the 24th so all of us are looking forward to that visit.
Ordered one of countrygrace's lovely aprons and can't wait to get it. It will be my first real farmgirl apron.
Have had 2 ladies contact me about a henhouse chapter in our town so hoping to get that up and running. I'd tried in the past but then mom got so sick and then dad and then hubby and well you get the idea. Things are a bit more settled down now so hoping to give it another try.
I hope everyone is having a great week so far. Is a lovely warm day here but changes to come overnight and big drop in temperature. Actually that will be fine with me. I'm a fall kinda girl :)
Huggzz to all :)
Cheryl

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  1:30:52 PM  Show Profile
I am now 60 and just starting to enjoy life to the fullest. I have severe emphysema going on 8 years diagnosed and am not letting that get me down. I went through 4 major surgeries and am now getting where I can do more, thanks to exercing. My first garden in over 20 years, just love the outdoors. Don't let 50, or older get to you. Life is a new begining with each new day!!!!
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  2:23:57 PM  Show Profile
Well said Janet!

Betty, are you the one who said her hubby went to Wellesley in OK? If you were there, you were about 30 miles from me. My best friend lives in Bartlesville.

KayB, I noticed you are in Del City, OK! I lived there many years and now am in OKC during the week and back on the ranch on the weekends. I have tried to get a group together and it is a bit difficult with everyones schedules, but maybe you would be interested too? I used to live on Hanna Dr. close to the library. Maybe we could meet at that library or MWC.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  2:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey Marsha,

Yes, we go to Oklahoma Wesleyan every other year for the reunion. There are only about 18 left that graduated with my husband. I always look forward to going as I love that area in the fall. Maybe next year we can stop by and give you a "howdy" I have a son that now lives in ADA and a grandson that will be living in Edmund with his wife. He's in the navy but is being transferred to Tinker AFB.
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  3:22:24 PM  Show Profile
My dad was in the Air Force and we were stationed at Tinker in the 60's. Edmond is a great suburb north of OKC that is supposed to have the best schools. The schools around Tinker AFB used to be wonderful, but have declined in the last decade or so. Hope your sons like OK. I haven't been to Ada in many years. I have a friend who lived in Ada or went to college there and said, "Ada isn't the end of the world, but you could see it from there!" I think she was just kidding though; but that's what I think of when I think of Ada.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  4:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Patty...Nice Name for your MJF Group/Country Belles. Hope your group thrives and you have a lot of fun.

Betty...Congrats on becoming a Great Grandma. How super fun will that be?

Ginny...Loved your 9/11 story. I loved watching new things about 9/11 that were so informative. Things behind the scenes that I didn't know. I really loved the Stories of Miracles of 9/11 and then The Cross of 9/11 and God's House. It was a great week long Memorial.

Nancy...How was your day of shopping? Sounds like fun to me. I could use a day of Retail Therapy! lol

Penny...Thanks for introducing us to your Family. Another nice looking son! And even without your make-up you are a very beautiful woman. You look much younger than your age too.

A.J. - Husbands and their toys. Don't let him take over your whole house. LOL

C.J. - glad you popped on to say Hi! Know today and tomorrow are tough days for you. You're always
in my prayers.

Linda...How was your day with your friends? Hope you had a lot of laughing, sharing heart to heart.

WELCOME...to JoAnn, Cheryl and Janet!!! There is always room for more Farmgirls to come and share day to
day living with us. It is so wonderful to be able to get know so many Wonderful Women.

My day has been very lazy...when I should have been doing Laundry and other household chores. BUT hey, it isn't going anywhere it will wait for me. For days if need be!!! I need a bit of motivation...but as I am leaving on Friday for Spokane, I guess I will start getting more motivated as the week progresses. I
will be attending my MIL's Funeral and Celebration Of Life Party on Saturday. And visiting my sister who is just hanging onto life by a thread herself. Also, my Mom. It will be a Bitter Sweet Wknd! ~ Our weather has cooled down starting today by about 20 degrees. Nice to have it be 75 rather than 95. Since it is Fall I would like it to feel like Fall. I want to be done with the outdoor garden and flowers and kind of clean up
my Porch and settle in for more in-door cleaning etc. I love all seasons. Enjoy something about them all.
My Bible Study Group will be going to the Oregon Coast for our 4 day Retreat at the end of the Month. We are all so looking forward to this time together. It is a total relaxation trip. For the first 20 yrs we did a Christian Retreat with studies etc. Then last year, all my women had been through such a difficult year that The Lord impressed upon my heart just to do a Rest and Relaxation Retreat. Well, it was a hit!!
And since we do Bible Study together every week...why not just a wonderful time of peace,relaxation and friendship. So...awesome! Leave it to God to know Just What We Needed!

Later My Lovelies...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  7:17:53 PM  Show Profile
Nancy and Debra - A BIG THANK YOU for the b-day cards I received today!!! It was so nice to come home and be surprised by them in the mail! I love the bookmark Debra along with the poem and will certainly use it this winter! Right now I'm too busy with the garden, canning, freezing, and DH besides work. There wasn't much to my day this year since he's been in bed for 2 months and we are now on the 3rd month, so thank you both! You sure can count on farmgirls to put a smile on your face and in your heart!

Betty - Congratulations on becoming a great-grandmother! This past Saturday my parents became great-grandparents to their 15th and boy were they excited! And speaking of my parents -

Janet -- My Mom always says you just have to keep moving, lol. They are 92 and 83, still take care of their 4 bedroom home, their garden, the canning, along with everything else we all do in life. The only help they get is the lawn is now mowed, so you're exercise must be paying off. If I can be like them at their age I will be one happy old lady!

Penny - I think you have a beautiful family too and I'd be all red eyed if one was moving 14 hours from me! I only have one daughter and she is 4 hours away and I rarely see her which I have a hard time with.

Have a beautiful night girls and enjoy the Harvest Moon.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  8:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
First let me WELCOME, JoAnn, Cheryl, Marsh and Janet, too!!! There is plenty of room here with us. We are so happy to have newcomers, I promise you will feel like this is home in no time...I did..

A.J., I agree, I don't understand our DH's either....go figure. We didn't get many greenbeans this year, glad to hear you did...

Betty, thank you for the sweet compliment on my family, wow you have them really scattered don't you? Bless you.. At least your future great grandbaby will not be too far away. Congrats on the Great grand...

Hey CJ, hope you had a great day.

Linda, that sounds like fun...hope you also had a great day.

Cheryl, that is what I need to do, get the ladder out and get the pears out of the trees...lol...I climbed up and got one to eat today, and they are almost ready. When they are I will be busy.. I hope your DH is doing good today. After I saw where you posted about the aprons I went and looked at her website. So many to choose from couldn't decide. Then I thought about it and I have some fabric I like alot so I "might"??? see if I can find a simpler pattern so I can try and make one. But if I didn't already have the fabric, I sure couldn't make it for that low price. Good luck in trying to get the henhouse up and running.

Janet, my Momma had COPD, which is emphysema and asthma together. Please take care of yourself, that can be a difficult thing at times. I love being over 50, just like you...

Helllllloooooo Peggy...lol...nice to see you, You always make me smile, you know that girl...Thank you for the wonderful compliments on my family and the sweet things you said about me...I am so sorry to hear you sister is barely hanging on...and that your Mom is going to tag along. I know that will be tough on you...I will say a prayer that she won't make it harder on you. The retreat sounds like it is a real blessing, I will miss you while you are gone...

Ginny, take it easy and don't over do it...I am bad about that when the garden is coming in... It must be wonderful to still have your parents. They sound like that are something else. Ginny, I am having a hard time excepting this move...I know it is best for him, but being the Momma, I DON'T LIKE IT! Thank you for the compliments on my family, I think they are a beautiful family too...oh wait, I have to say that don't I...lol

Isn't that Harvest Moon beautiful.???

I just want to quickly add that I got my first merit badge today for my apron..so excited.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Sep 12 2011 8:41:00 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page