LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  12:14:31 AM  Show Profile
A gorgeous Harvest Moon tonight. Plus we have been having very Red Sunsets with all the smoke in the air from the fires. So, you watch a beautiful sunset and then God keeps it going with a Beautiful Full Orange Moon. As my youngest son said when he was about three, "Good has prettier color crayons than I do." Yes, Indeed He does!

I got my Bible Study Lesson all prepared this afternoon and the dishes done and that is about it. I did get rid of my sinus headache with medication and a nap this afternoon. I had sprayed my dogs with Cedarcyde for fleas and it smells kind of like bark mulch and it gets to my allergies. I sprayed them outdoors but I sprayed their kennels and bedding indoors (big mistake) I should have hauled them out on The Porch atleast.

Penny...did you know that our Sister CJ makes Aprons??? She makes the cutest styles I have ever seen. I ordered two from her. Matching cupcake aprons for my grand-daughter and her mommy. She does stunning work...you need to go check her out! She made me one too and I just love it. Her finishing touches on all her work is just pristine! And her prices are great! One talented Lady!

OK, I am off to read before bed. Love Ya All...and Sweet Dreams. And Remember, don't feed the Nightmares!
blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  05:32:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Ladies.
Don't you just love solitary moments. My DH is out for a motorcycle ride with other retired fellas from church and the Masonic Lodge. They usually ride all day. I love having the day to myself. Getting ready for the big Fall Festival at our local Historical Society so I have loads of sewing to do.

Peggy Ann, You are living proof that having the Lord walk beside us keeps us strong. My prayers and thoughts to you and your family. Cedarcide...can you only order it online or can you purchase it at a store? I think I would like to try it.

Betty, Congrats on soon becoming a great grandma.

AJ, I often tell my husband that it was sure easier raising the kids, than raising him all over..lol.

Ginny, Why is it the baseboard and crown molding are always the last thing done, and never soon. We bought this house last winter and had to remodel. I always wonder when I will get all the trim up. I still have one piece of the flooring to go down. It has to be cut at the bathroom door and I just haven't been able to finish it.lol

Penny, Homing pigeons are a great pastime. I never have to worry about the coyotes and there are plenty around here. But pigeons will stay up off the ground and their coop is secure. I fret over hawks getting them in mid-air. I let mine out yesterday and all but one came back. I was worried, like an old mother hen. But finally, right before dark he flew in. Btw, I understand how you feel with the distance of a child. We have 7 children and they all live far from home. 4 of them chose Military life and are stationed all over the country. That means grandbabies all over the country as well. The up side is, I get to travel frequently. I have seen alot of the country for sure. We have had a son do 4/15 month tours in Iraq, a tour in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and was in Desert Storm. He only has 2 years left, and currently only lives 200 miles away.

Judy, you story about the frightening dog was funny. I would have been scared as well. It reminds me of a time I sent my 18 year old twin sons to pick up a cabinet I had bought off of craigslist. Now my boys are strapping young men and can hold their own for sure. But the remote country home they went to had a long drive. When they arrived at the farmhouse the pair that greeted them were frightening and so the twins at this point were already uneasy. They invited the boys on into the house to pick up the cabinet I was purchasing. There were meat cleavers hanging all over the walls. The twins claimed there were hundreds. Whoa, they were really uneasy now. One of the twins (John) backed out of the house and waited for his brother Jake, he was having nothing to do with it at this point. Poor Jake hurried up the transaction and got out of there as quickly as possible. They were still shook up when they got home. They told me they would never go after anything again for me. Poor Jake couldn't believe his brother deserted him. We all laughed when they told the story and still laugh to tears when we all reminisce. They should never watch so many horror films. lol

Well, have a wonderful day. I am off to the sewing machine. I have loads of aprons, dresses, and baked potato bags to make.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6436 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6436 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  06:41:28 AM  Show Profile
Wow, look how this thread has taken off, I have been away from it for awhile, happy to be back.
Have a beautiful Tuesday everyone. It will take me a bit to read all the posts and catch up on what is going on.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  07:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone and welcome to the newbies. There is never a dull moment around here. Happy Birthday to everyone in September. I didn't get any cards out I've been that busy. We just got confirmation for our stay in San Francisco for the Grand Lodge Masonic meeting. I was getting worried as we leave a week from Thursday. I was concerned about where I would stay until check in at the hotel but I called the Fairmont yesterday and they added to our reservation that I needed early check in. Hubby has a meeting from 1-5 that day and we will have to get there early for parking reasons. I can sit in the room and watch TV and knit or crochet and read if I want so I'm all set.

We had a lovely sunrise this morning due to clouds. It was lovely to see it when I first woke up. We have lovely sunsets at times also.

I'm working on an embroidered label for my granddaughters quilt and the machine is new and I'm just learning so it's taking me several tries. I am going to put more fabric in the machine this morning and try another one. The book and directions in the program aren't too explicit on setting up for the large hoop so if this one isn't to my liking I'll be in Lancaster tomorrow for my husbands doctor app't and can go into JoAnn's for help.

Everyone have a good day. It's to be cooler here through the weekend so 90's will feel good after a month of 100+.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  08:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Welcome JoAnn, Cheryl, Janet and Debbie. This is THE place to be. Go away a few days and you have to read awhile before catching up. lol

Betty: congrats on being a great grandmother. :)

AJ: I always tell everyone that knows us that I have 6 kids, the 5 kids AND hubby. teehee

Ginny: I agree wholeheartedly with you about keeping young.. just keep moving...when you slow down or stop, you're done.

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  08:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I didn't know that CJ made aprons, I may have to check hers out, but think I will make one..I just really like the one the other lady made, its way the very old fashion kind like my great grandmother wore. I love the sound of your sunset, sounds beautiful.

Patty, bless you, please thank your children for me for their service to our country. I'm an army brat and understand they are always far away. I was born in Germany and then we moved to SC...Momma was from Louisiana and Daddy from Massachusetts. I might ask Dh about the homing pigeons and see what he said, glad your straggler made it home safely. And about my son, I will be able to go visit him as soon as he gets a place of his own. He will be staying with his Dad and Stepmother for the first few months till he can figure out where he wants to live. But he said he hopes to come home around Christmas...hope so... Enjoy your alone time, Do you ever ride with DH? Both my DH and I have motorcycles and love to ride when we can. I am having some alone time right now myself, DH just left to go look at a house we may list.

Debbie, glad you are back...lots to catch up on isn't it...

Betty, sounds like you got everything taken care of for your trip, I know that is a relief.

I think I better go work on my Harvest ATC swap, We were doing 20 each but Beth said that we had 24 sign up so now we are doing 24...no problem but this is my first ATC's...so a little nervous about it. I will do my best, what more can they ask for, right??? lol...I will check in on everyone in a little while, have a great day.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  08:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Dang Patsy, seems every time I post someone posts at the same time...lol...isn't this so much fun..

Anyway, good to see you here today.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  08:57:48 AM  Show Profile
Morning Girlfriends

Hello to the newbies and everyone else!!

I have a day off from babysitting my granddaughter. I am stretching my lower back muscles from the weeding I did yesterday with a friend who is visiting. Since it has been raining the ground is not hard so we can get the weeds up much easier. But alas-it's never easy on my back-UGH. With all of our rain I know there are weeds beginning to grow underneath the gravel,etc...just laughing at me and saying "here we come!" back atcha...have to spray the grounds before the next storm rolls through here. As I tell friends "There's always something to do around here!"

Anyway I just wanted to check up in here to say hi and say have a great morning/day. It is a wonderful cooler day...last night we had some horrible storms with very LOUD rolling thunder/lightning shows (and rain and winds to boot)...scary at times but there wasn't any power outages.. but seriously what a beautiful lightning show :)

Becky
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  10:08:42 AM  Show Profile
Patty...yes, Cedarcide is just available on-line as far as I know. That is where I got it. One of our dogs had seizures from Front-line and Advantix...so, had to find something less potent and harmful. Cedarcide was originally made for our troops to use over in Iraq, Iran, Affganistan etc to keep the Sandfleas at bay. It is safe enough to spray right on yourself and your animals. If you can get past the smell it is a great product. ~ Loved your Craigslist Story about Your Boys! That was priceless! So funny!

Patsy...good to have you back on girl. Is your sister still sick? Haven't seen her on here or The Porch for awhile.

Speaking about husbands being big kids. Last night my husband let his dog chew up a little liter bag on my dogs leash. I said to him, "Ok, I am not leaving the dogs in your care while I am gone...I think they could take better care of you than you will them." I know my husband will not get up and take them out as frequently as they need to go out. His dog I have almost completely trained to go outdoors all the time but I do still keep a "Potty Pad" down incase of accidents. Well, I know my hubby will rely on that the whole time I am gone and I will have to start over with the dog. DH is really the one who needs trained! LOL I will probably board the dogs and give hubby a weekend to relax and me peace of mind that I am not coming home to messes all over my house.

Betty...glad that you got all your trip arrangements made and it is nice that the Hotel let you come in early. It might get kind of boring walking around for hours while hubby was in his meeting. Unless you like to shop more than I do. :+)

Becky...our weather has cooled down yesterday and today. In fact when I took to dogs out this morning we
had a Coastal Mist going on out side. It is suppose to burn off this afternoon but it really felt pretty good to get misted on. ~ I may go out and pull some of my garden up this afternoon. Also have laundry to get done before I leave on Friday. Always something huh girls?

Penny...even if you do sew your own Apron you must check out C.J.'s Creations. She is an Apron-neista!
She is also a great person to get material scraps from for sewing our Heart Shaped Yo-Yo's.

Debbie...good luck catching up on all the back posts. My suggestion is just go back 3 or 4 pages, read those and jump right back in to the swing of things.

Well girls, off to get some work done around the house.

Later!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  10:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I will love to look at C.J.'s aprons...so its C.J. Creations? I'm off to check her out...thanks, I will be back if I can't find her website....thanks PeggyA

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  11:35:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, I'm here Peg. I wrote on Friday and sat...did ya miss me? awwww shucks.DH is home Mon-Tues&Weds. so, I have to entertain
...you know...babysit. LOL He's doing his laundry today.(gotta love that about Service men/"Do-it-Yourself" kinda guys)
Man, it's windy today, possible storms tonight. Probably gonna miss our harvest moon. *drat*
I got my Kombucha scoby from Penny today, it's in the tea jar brewing. Can't wait to try it. With all my tummy troubles, gotta try something.
Peg, you'll be in my Prayers for your trip this w/e. Love ya girl!
I looked outta my kitchen window yesterday and there sat a Cooper's hawk on the patio roof, about 10 ft away. He was eyeing the bird-feeder below him, but a loud-mouth chickadee had warned all the other birds, so....no fast-food that day.hahaha That's the first time I've seen it since early spring. The hawk, chickadee & nuthatch are all coming back round here now that it's cooled off. I've also been hearing fall night bugs a few at a time. Wonderful...but sad too in a way.
Well, gotta get to the library to return some books.
Make it a great day Gals!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 13 2011 8:59:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  1:15:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
We are clear up to 70 pages...I see we have some new Farm Gals with us.
Welcome to the farm!
I did see the harvest Moon. It was Beautiful! It lit up the night that I could see right through the woods.
Ginny I am glad that you got your card. I love making the little bookmarks. I said a prayer over it for you.
Talking about solitary moments....
There are non here today. We have some huge trees that have died and a tree man and hubby are taking them down. I swear that the testosterone flys when a chain saw gets in a man's hand. I can hear them whooping and hollering over the chain saws. I think that they are having to much fun
Makes me nervous. You all have a good day.Thinking of you all.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  1:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,
Oh, Debra, I get so nervous when my husband uses that chain saw. I think it is the loud sound of it. Really big trees have died there. It looks so much like the area I walk my dog in everyday but we have a lot of Palmettos and other brush around.
Judy, lucky you that you got to see those beautiful birds today. I haven't seen any hawks in a long time. We have our geese honking every morning and night when they leave and come in to the nearby ponds. They are so funny. If they are in the pond and my dog is by the pond, they all swim over to look at her. If she moves to another part of the pond, over they swim to watch her. It must be so much fun to watch all the birds feeding at the bird feeder. Too bad for the hawk!! haha!

I want to welcome all the new ladies. It is nice to have you all with us. I sometimes have a hard time keeping up but I just keep going.

Penny, I enjoyed seeing the pictures of you and your son. Thanks for posting them.

CJ makes the most beautiful aprons. I am so fortunate to have been the receiver of one her aprons in an apron swap this year. I love you CJ. I have promised myself that I am going to buy one of her aprons, too. She has the cutest and prettiest ones.

Well, I went to my sewing group this morning. Some of the ladies are busy with quilts they are making their grandchildren for Christmas presents. One woman made these really cute napkins that when folded look like Christmas trees. I am making some aprons for gifts for my sister-in-laws and nieces. This afternoon I caught up on some reading, made three birthday cards, and now I am off to make some dinner. We are have fish tonight.

Good evening,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister
Live everyday to the fullest

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  1:59:12 PM  Show Profile
Nancy I've made those napkins that when folded look like Christmas trees. I made placemats to go with them in a penquin pattern for my youngest daughter one Christmas. They look so nice when the table is set.

I am cooking fish for dinner tonight also.

Wow! We're sure filling in these pages.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  5:51:32 PM  Show Profile
Wow! We were in Oakhurst over the weekend. Yesterday, and most of today, I was a bit under the weather. Just feeling a bit yuky. Maybe overtired. Now I check in here and don't think I'll ever catch up! You ladies have been chatting up a storm.

Welcome to those new to the thread. JoAnn, Cheryl, Marsha and Janet - did I miss anyone? I get this naggin' feeling .... forgive me if you are new and I didn't acknowledge you. You ladies will love it here. It's sure my favorite place.

Hey Betty - we got the thunder, lightning and rain that you sent our way in Oakhurst Saturday. It was pretty dramatic for about an hour. I guess they are getting more and "measurable" rain in Yosemite Valley. And - congratulations on the gr-grandbaby news! Glad you got your early check-in at the Fairmont. That's quite a walk - downhill - and then up again - to downtown and shopping. Much nicer to relax in the room. Hope you get a room with one of the fantastic SF views.

PeggyAnn - I keep you in my prayers. I know this coming weekend won't be easy on you. I do pray, however, that your retreat will renew and restore you. You are so amazing - how you stay abreast of everyone's comings and goings.

Penny - I love that picture of you and David. You are a beautiful woman, m'dear. And so fun to see the picture of your family. Only wish those in the back were a little clearer. From what I can see - everyone looks so happy. Must be because you're all at a table together. That's aways the best.

Judy and Patty - your stories could spin off horror movies - if you didn't make them sound so darn funny. You girls need backup plans for your expeditions into the unknown. Like "exit" strategies beyond panic attacks. Even if you send your big, strapping sons. :-) And, Patty, I like the name of your group - Country Belles. Makes me smile just looking at it. And you belles have such wonderful ideas. You go, girl!

Nancy - I am looking forward to seeing your Gypsy Doll. I was going to start my doll making last week and got stalled when I discovered I didn't have the bendy thing I need for the arms. I was looking at JoAnn's Fabrics yesterday but couldn't find anything like what I think I need. Maybe the hardware store? Or maybe someplace online will have it.

My granddaughter (Nevaeh's mommy) called me to wish me and DH a happy grandparents day on Sunday. She said she had just gotten her first issue of Mary Jane's Farm magazine (I had subscribed for her) and was reading it cover to cover. She loves it.

It only took me 2 days of marathon reading to go start-to-finish reading 'The Help' --- I could barely put it down. I was laying around feeling sorry for myself for not having any ooomph - thinking I might be coming down with something - and decided to give it a go. Well, I stopped feeling sorry for myself and just read and read and slept and read. Now, I do have to get something done around here - even though we are staying in Cuperino this weekend -- things pile up. Still don't have "ooomph" but don't feel quite so yukky.

Sloppy Joes for dinner again tonight - (thanks, again, PeggyAnn) ... think I'll make some cornbread, too. (Can't stop thinking that I've got to make quiche one of these nights. Holly made a mention and I can't shake how good that sounds.)

Back atcha later, ladies ... have a good evening.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  6:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Miss Tippie-Toes...was wondering where you were too. I don't like missen any of my gals. Glad you liked The Help and you did do a marathon read! I loved it too! Hope to be able to see it on our Retreat but don't know if the Coastal Towns will have it in their little Movie Theaters. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Judy..you need to show up on here or The Porch every other day at least or I begin to think one of your funny horror stories...have "eaten you alive" or something. LOL Now don't be worrying me like that. Ha Ha!

Penny...hey girl, I hope you know I was teasing about your picture. I love seeing everyones pictures...it gives us a glimpse into everyone's life. And I knew why you posted it in both places...I am just a big tease and I hope you realize that by now. :+) I bet you thought my new diet was making ME cranky already didn't ya??? LOL Actually I felt so good today, much more energy than usual. And all three of my meals were yummy. And I had no cravings what so ever! No withdrawal headaches or moodiness. Maybe because my body
is in shock, trying to figure out what I am doing. Ha Ha!

Nancy and Debra...oh, I am so glad that my DH doesn't like chainsaws. They scare me! My husband worked in a Lumber Yard when he was younger and had an accident with a stubborn blade...he tried to get his piece of plywood unstuck with a huge yank and it came unstuck alright and then the blade came down and cut off three of his fingers on his right hand. They couldn't re-attach them...so he only has his thumb and his little finger.

OK my lovelies...hubby is on his way home and I need to rewarm his dinner. He is going to love this new diet I am on because I have to go back to cooking more. But me, my favorite thing to make is Reservations.
Oh well that is why I am now 35 lbs overweight.

More tomorrow Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  7:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Hi girls, haven't been on for a couple of days.

Betty, congrats on being a great grandma.

Penny, how nice to have your family together. I know how you feel. I have a dh and sil in S.C., a daughter in san Diego, CA and one in the San Fransisco Bay Area. He's close, but his work schedule isn't the most cooperative.

Ginny, my mom is 85 and only stopped mowing the lawn (with a push mower) about 4 years ago. She is in better shape than all her younger siblings. As for baseboards, etc.. We redid our kitchen about 4 years ago. I'm still waiting for the molding around my windows.

Judy and Patty, your dog stories had me ROFL. Maybe you should write short stories and submit them to magazines.

Welcome JoAnn, Cheryl, Marsha & Janet. I'm still pretty new here and these ladies are great.

Have been looking for a crib for an indoor chicken coop , since I saw MJ. Yesterday I actually found a cast iron crib, similar to MJ. I was so excited. My dh was just as excited and got to work early this a.m putting together the cage that will fit inside. He finished it right before dinner. We have a neighbor who is giving us a couple of young chickens. I'm sooooo excited.

Enjoying our thunderstorms and cooler weather. Think I'll do some knitting tonight. Have a wonderful evening.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  8:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Anne, You'll enjoy those chickens for sure. I love mine. I have bantams as well as reg. size hens and they're so cute. I have a silkie/turken visiting my roosters. A friend is hoping she'll mate so she can hatch her eggs. She's very friendly and when I pick her up my porceline hen gets jealous and flies up on my shoulder and nibbles me ear. My two bantam hens will eat out of my hand but not the roosters. The little porceline rooster has been crowing for a couple of months now but the silkie/moran has just started. He's a little s;ow I guess. I think both of the hens are laying but can't be sure since my friends hen is laying already. It's so hot still that they have slowed down. It's cooler today and by Sunday it's supposed to be in the upper 80's. I'm looking forward to fall and cooler weather for sure.

Goodnight everyone. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  05:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!
Here I am up really early. I usually get up at 6:00 with the meowing cat. It is nice and quiet and being a morning person I can get things done before my DH awakes at 9 or so. I only have to put on the earrings, a little necklace and a head scarf on the gypsy doll and she will be finished. I will post a pic of her so you can all see how she looks.

Darlys, It is great that you were able to read that book in so short a time. It is a wonderful book and the movie is really good, too. I hope that you will be feeling up to "par" really soon and will getting your "oomph" back. :)

Now that you mentioned Sloppy Joes I might just have to make some of those for dinner one day this week. I have that taste in my mouth now. I am glad my husband likes them, too, so we can have them for two days. We do a lot of cooking at home and I tend to make the same things over and over.

PeggyAnn, Speaking of diets, I think I have been on a diet forever. I am a professional dieter. LOL I am always getting "calls" from my refrigerator to take a bite of something. My cupboard calls me when there are cookies and chips in there. The worst is the freezer when there is ice cream. I just love ice cream. I cannot have any in the house for any length of time.

Anne, I am so happy for you getting your chicken coop finished so quickly and getting so young chickens. I don't know much about the different kinds of chickens. I have never raised chickens or had any where I have lived. I would like to though. You are really going to enjoy those chickens. My aunt who lived in Arkansas always had chickens and she really loved them. Had fresh eggs all the time.

What a mom you must have to have mowed the lawn at 81 years old with a push mower. WOW! My mother mowed the lawn a lot and did a lot of walking and carrying. She lived to be 93. My father was a musical conductor, very physical and he lived to be 95. I think the exercise and having the kind of food they ate when they were young ( free from all the junk) made them stronger.

Going to walk now. I am making so hard boiled eggs today. Tomorrow is my day at the dentist's for teeth cleaning. Ah, one of my un-favorite things but must be done. I have to keep the pearlies nice and clean so my smile will be pretty!

Hugs,

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301

Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6436 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6436 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  06:24:36 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirl Sisters what a beautiful morning it is.
I wanted you to know that CJ has an apron of the month club, I get a beautiful apron every month with a theme, I pick out 2 a year I think and CJ picks out the rest. Not, sure what I will do when I have all 12 of my aprons, this has been so much fun, and she is so inexpensive which allows me to do this. You can see all my aprons on my thread CJ's Aprons of the Month.
I will try to get Septembers apron on my this weekend and looking forward to see what she comes up with for Oct.
I see all the farmgirls have a lot going on in their lives right now and I love reading all the posts, thanks farmgirls over 50 for sharing with this farmgirl of 56.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie
If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  08:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Good morning ladies. A quiet house today. What a pleasure! Had to rearrange furniture yesterday to accommodate the chicken coop. Moved the big stuff, but have to get the little stuff put away. Hope to do some sewing today.

Will probably have to "save" my cat. I was given this cat by my aunt, because she had diabetes and the cat was always attacking her. She's always been a house cat and had quit the rude awakening when we brought her home to a housefull of dogs. Only took her about 2 weeks to settle in, and now she thinks she's one of the dogs. So, after watching the dogs go in and out the doggie door, she decided she would too. At first it was no big deal, because she is such a chicken she stayed right by the door. If the wind blew, she would run back inside. But now, she has decided to go investigating. Always it seems under the deck. Unfortunately, once she gets under there she's too afraid to come out. I tried last night to get her out but she wouldn't come to me. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait till hunger gets the best of her.

Problem is. My dogs know she's under the deck, and of course they want to go visiting, which only makes her more skiddish. I am amazed the dogs haven't gotten stuck, because there isn't much room under there.

Did I say the house was quiet? What was I thinking?!

Have a great day ladies.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  08:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Ladies.
It is a rare perfect day here in CT. No rain, no wind, not too warm and not too cool.......perfect. I am getting a late start today, decided to sleep in and be a bit lazy this morning. There will be few chances to loll around when renovation work on the house starts next week. Our home was severely damaged by water when the pipes ruptured last January and has been inhabitable since that time. Between the insurance company and the mortgage company dragging out the money process it seems to have taken forever to get started. We have been camping out in our backyard since May 1. On the bright side, when the work is complete our home will be like new. All rooms completely redone ceiling to floor, including plaster and refinished wood floor and a brand new kitchen and bath.

I just received my welcome package from MJ and what a nice surprise, along with the certificate of membership and badge to embroider, was a lovely water bottle with the MJ logo! LOVE IT!

Now to get the day under way, I have been working on some cute aprons for my little grandsons for Christmas, and one for their mom.
The bib on one is the face of a dog, and on the other is the face of a frog. Jacob (6) and Adam (4) love baking cookies or helping prepare dinner with their mother. I will try to post pics when they are completed.

Have a wonderful day!

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  09:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
All the aprons sound so nice. My little boy loved wearing aprons. I made them small to fit him and gradually he outgrew them. He is 11 now and wears mine...he likes them. He has one I made just for him but he prefers mine. Lol
I don't feel well lately....does anyone know if hot flashes can start again after none for a year? Maybe I am just sick. Tell me your experences...thanks.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  10:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I was so tired from doing laundry yesterday, but I just LOVE that ol' wringer washer and hanging out the laundry. Nothing, but nothing beats that fresh off the line laundry, they can't box that smell ever. :) ..and hubby took it all down for me, isn't that just sweet? He's a keeper for sure. :):)

our county fair starts today and a friend took me in yesterday and we entered some things. I took in a huge spider plant, had babies hanging and new shoots starting, so should do good. then i entered an under 5 inch tiny glass vase with fresh cut posies: 3 zinnias, 6 dwarf marigolds, 3 of those being Mr. Majestic. LOVE that one. put in a sunflower head. a guy told me if you hold it at the right angle and you can see a "star" design and by golly, i did see it. a crocheted afghan and a jar of dilly beans completed my entries and they got judged by noon today. can't wait to see how i did, since it's my first time entering anything in a fair. :)
check out the new greenhouse (white house?) my hubby got me from lowes. :):)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  11:07:03 AM  Show Profile
Patsy, I love your greenhouse...right off the patio too,isn't it? Nice job! I like white better than my green even. Wait a minute...I thought your fire-pit was right there...where'd ya move it?
Jim took the clothes down???....WHHAAAT??? LOL He has changed since he retired!!!
Good luck on the Fair entries...can't wait to hear the outcome!
Kathleen...congrts on your MJ packet...isn't it fun to get those goodies??? *whiiiine* I want a water bottle...*sniff-sniff* They weren't doing that when I joined! We just got a certificate and badge to embroider! That reminds me...i think it's time to renew my membership...hmmmm....will they notify me? ...does anybody know? Don't wanna lose my number or anything!
AJ, that's funny! Yes, you did say quiet! hahaha
Nancy, I love the "Professional Dieter" thing. hahaha I believe that's called conscientious eating...that's a good thing. Just means you are always aware of what you put in your mouth.....as EACH&EVERY piece of food goes in there!!! LOLOL I'm like that too, and I really try not to have too much junk-food around.I have my binges, and even that I try to watch how much I keep around. Halloween is the worst! As I stated over on the "Love of Candy" thread, I love chewy stuff....mmmmmmm.....ok....shut me up before I get you all running to the store. Go check out the thread and let us all know your favorite candy. Right now I don't have any around....that may change....QUICK!!! hahaha Nancy, I've always thought that what I ate as a kid had a lot to do with how healthy I am now. I didn't leave home until I was 20 and Mom was a good cook, and we raised what we ate with very little going out to eat. I'm sure that's why your parents lived so long and were so healthy. And that "keep moving" thang don't hurt none either!!! Good for them!
Well, the radio just said that we have 2 cold fronts around us and it's gonna get really cool the next couple of days....yeaaaaaaa.....I may just have to break down and bake something....just to stay warm...hahahahaha
Well Gals, make it a good day!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 14 2011 11:18:13 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly