Page: of 218

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  4:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hello All, I'm going to just take a min to thank everyone for the "get wells and feel betters" I am doing better today thank you all. I did make it to see my Son yesterday. Took him out to eat after we loaded the grill..spend a couple hours with him. He slept on a pallet in his house and text me at 5:45 am to say he just got on the road. DH said he was so proud of me that I held it together pretty good. I cried after we left him...I'm not sure who hugged longer when we said our goodbyes, him or me...lol...I just heard from him and he has made it safely...I am so glad to hear that. But my oh my he said he was shocked it cost him $450 in fuel to get there...said he was lucky he had some overtime last week. He made $455 which means he still has $5 from his check..the Mommy in me just wants to give him a big hug. So glad DH and I gave him some money last night. Makes me feel so much better. He hopes to be able to come home for Christmas...I hope so too...Tomorrow I will try to start again with responding to everyone's post...between my baby leaving and me being sick..just don't quite fill like it...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  6:00:45 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm home! I left at 9 this morning, went to the bank to deposit the money from the refrigerator. Yes! the lady and her husband came last night and picked it up. Poor thin had a summer cold so they didn't stay and visit but when she's better I'm going to her house and help her with a crochet pattern. It was a nice drive down and made it in record time but it must havbe been flex Friday for the military as Costco was packed. I got my hearing aid and I bought the bok "The Help" and a DVD of James Herriott's All Creatures Great and Small. I have all his boks and if no one has read them, they're about a country vet in England. Since I'm from there I found it fun to read his books but haven't seen any of the movies. I also found some fleece sheets for winter. Hubby gets so cold he wants to pile tons of blankets on and I can't stand the weight. Maybe these will help along with the electric blanket.

He did pretty well with the CPAP machine last night. He slept through until 4:30 and both of us woke up about that time but went back off to sleep not waking until after 7. He didn't say much about it but I'm sure he'll get used to it. It scares me knowing he stops breathing while sleeping and not getting enough oxygen when he is breathing.

My drive home was uneventful. It was a clear sunny day so no rain or rainbows and traffic was decent and non existant once I got on the freeway heading north. I like it that way. Now it's time to feed and water my chickens and then start supper. I did buy yarn in town also so I'm all set for a while. I'll buy baby yarn when I go to my daughters next week on our way to San Francisco. Walmart doesn't carry it anymore and I didn't want to drive around in Lancaster in all the traffic. I hope all of you have a good evening.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  7:32:25 PM  Show Profile
I am way too tired to chat, and will probably be too tired until next week..lol. Canopy is up at the Anderson Mansion grounds where the Fall Festival is being held the next 2 days. I am heading to bed and will be up early to tie up a few things before heading to the festival. Have a great weekend ya all'. :)

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  7:35:48 PM  Show Profile
Good evening porchies. Had a good supper with my Mama. Great beans, cornbread and buttermilk.mmmmmm...
Betty, I've read the James Herriot series(own it too), watched the TV series and also own a lot of his extra writings. I just love his country vet stories...such humor. Following him thru his life as a vet,from getting out of college to getting married and having kids was such a joy! A story that made me laugh and made me cry.
Penny, glad you are feeling better. I'm a little slow...I just got your card and money for the scoby in the mail today.
Ok ...going to bed....Ma wears me out! hahahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 17 2011 08:06:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  9:52:59 PM  Show Profile

I have missed a whole lot of life going on here on this thread.
I miss during the week and finally got caught up on everyone's goins ons.
Judy great stories and laughs!
Penny hope you get better and better for this weekend!
I saw the movie "The Help" it was great! Needless to say we were never aware of the racial activity of this era in our area of Ohio. We did know of it from the tv news. The movie was an eye opener for me.
I bought something today

Do you remember this. My parents had one on their wall that held the bills letters and Misc. Isn't it so retro,and in mint condition.
It fits the house style. A little bit of country and 50ish just like me.

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  10:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Hi girls. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday evening.

Gald to hear you're feeling better Penny.

Patty, I read your cat story to my Dh and I thought he was going to bust a gut. I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks and could hardly see to read. As far as the she vs he. We made the same mistake on a stray pup my daughter brought home years ago. Great farm girls we make. Lol. Hope you do well at the Fall Festival. Have you been doing them long. My intention is to sew and knit all winter and then get a business license next year. That way I'll have a good stash to work with it.

Glad to hear you trip was uneventful Betty. Sorry you couldn't get your baby yarn. Started a baby blanket for my step daughter last night. She's pregnant with our second grandbaby.

Speaking of which, please keep her in your prayers. She's not due until January and went into early labor today. They stopped the labor, but had to stitch her cervics closed because she was 2cm dialated. Wouldn't be so bad, but she lives in Georgia and her husband who is in the army is away in Texas and won't be home until March. Our other grandaughter is going to be three.

Nancy, we've had the cat going on 2 years now. She settled right in with the dogs (I don't think she new any better) and never had any desire to go outside until recently. I think she wants to be one of the dogs but is a little chicken. Her name is Booboo. My aunt originally named her Jezabel, but later changed her name. Actually, Jezabel fits her better. Whenever my one dog gets near her, she rolls over on her back and spreads her back legs. She's a little hussy if you ask me!

Betty, I forgot, instead of an electric blanket, you might want to try a heated mattress pad.for sizes queen and up you can get seperate thermostates. I think they work so much better. You can either use them just to heat up the bed, or leave them on all night. The one we have has an automatic shutoff hafter 8 hours. I suffer from leg cramps if my feet get too cold, and there have been times when that's the only thing that's helped. Flannel sheets are the best regardless.

My big day tomorrow is going to the dump. Still haven't gotten any sewing done, and now it looks like I will be baking more zucchini bread. So much for plans. Good thing we're flexible

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  11:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey A.J. I wonder if your step-daughter lives anywhere near me? If she does I would be happy to check on her from time to time for you. Just let me know...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  02:07:19 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!
3:30am and not exactly bright eyed and bushy tailed, but with the coffee on, I am up and getting ready for the Fall Festival. I am not with it for sure. I grabbed my clean coffee cup out of the cabinet and brought it in here empty with me. Lol...forgot to put coffee in it. I have some tags and labels to make for some items. I have to gather up some needles and thread. I save some items to work on the hand sewing when I am not busy. This festival is close to home and only 2 days. Next weekend is a 3 day event about an hour and 1/2 from home. But with my type of sales (all recycled) the farmer's markets and festivals I seem to do better at.
My DH will be busy today taking my homing pigeons to a pre-wedding photo shoot. It will be their first publicity event. I wonder if they have the jitters as much as I do...lol. I am anxious to have the pictures of them. This will be the most distance they have ever traveled back home, so I am a little nervous.

Debra- I love your retro letter holder. Looks like you found the perfect place for it. My parents had one as well. :)

A.J.- I have been doing markets and festivals for about 3 years. I did more when I lived in Ohio. I haven't been back in Illinois living long enough to find them all. But the magical thing about it is that organizers of other venues will come looking for you and invite you to their venue. The only other vendor I have ever seen sell all recycled items is my sister and her daughters. So, I do pretty well in this "green era". There has never been another vendor in the same show with my type of items. But of course $$$ is tight these days and sadly I have been to some venues and came home with $5 over the cost of setup. But, I am having fun and I love what I am doing. My little "sweat shop" is my favorite place in the world. :)

Penny- what a wonderful thing to offer to look in on A.J.'s DIL. I lived away from home for 20 years and would have loved for a friend that had a connection to someone back home.

Well Ladies, I could visit with you all day... but I have spent 30 minutes having my coffee with you already and I need to get busy. Have a wonderful day.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  05:21:58 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies.
Patty, 3:00am! I wish I could be at the Festival to see all your things. I love to to the events like that. My DH says I get too excited but I like to see all the things people have and make. It must be the creative side of me. I had to laugh when I read about the empty coffee cup. I did that once when I was studying late for a college test. It was kind of funny because I had taken one of those keep-awake pills. I took the test the next morning and I thought I did so well. I even thought I got an "A" on the test. As it turned out I only got a "C" which just showed me how much the brain can get fooled without enough sleep.

Debra, you really got a good buy with that cute retro letter holder. It looks really nice on the wall.

Darlys, have a wonderful time with your grandson, Ryan. Have a great time baking all the goodies. He sounds like a wonderful young man. I only have granddaughters but they are super young ladies and I miss them a lot. The youngest two are in college and the oldest is working two jobs so she can get herself a car and enough money to start living on her own. Very hard to do now days.

Betty, I have read so many of the " All Creatures Great and Small" an loved them. I would like to see the DVD. I just might get a hold of that.

AJ your cat sounds so cute. I love the different personalities of cats. My cat now knows where the goodie cupboard is so everytime he comes in the house now he walks over to it and stands there like I am supposed to give him a goodie. Snuggles, the dog does that, too. But, I tell them, "no goodies for just coming in the house" while they stare at me with those big eyes.

I am going to the once-a-month flea market held at our local produce store. Then to the Farmers Market held in town each Saturday.

Tomorrow night at the Emmy Awards Leon's nephew, Tom Ragazzo, is attending with the Parks and Recreation group. He is an associate producer of the show and they are up for some Emmy Awards. He is so excited to be able to be there. He graduated from film school about 8 years ago and has been working so hard these past years in all kinds of editing work. It is only this past year that he has become an associate producer. I am really happy for him.

Going to have some breakfast and more coffee.

Ta-Ta ladies

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301

Laughing is good exercise; it's like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  06:03:48 AM  Show Profile
My gypsy doll.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  06:14:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Patty, thank you for the kind words, I know what it is like being away from family, so wouldn't mind helping out if I can.

Oh Nancy, I love her...so cute...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  08:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Good morning, good morning, good morning to you.

My two favorite things. Sending a good morning catch up text to my three children and you ladies.

Penny thanks so much for the offer, but then I realized, (what was I thinking), she lives just over the boarder in Alabama. Her husband is actually stationed at Fort Benning. He's in Texas undergoing more medical training. She lives in Phoenix. Bad mommy

Nancy, I love your doll. Had a doll collection growing up, she would have fit in most wonderfully.

Patty, it will probably be tonight before you see this, so hope you do well. I've done a few period shows at living history events and they can be a crap shoot.

Looks like the dump will have to wait till tomorrow, so guess I'll do some baking. Zucchini, zucchini, zucchini.. does it ever end? The cats back under the deck, well actuall she found a way under the house. Who knows what she does under there. If she's catching mice, she can stay there. About time she started earning her keep. Hubby has to work today and tomorrow. Drives a fuel truck and his days off are based on his available driving hours. He's home most everynight so that's good. And, since I no longer work, doesn't matter really what days off he has. Sort of hard to get in a routine though.

Have a great day ladies.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  08:24:06 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' Gals! Slowly moving around today. Need a cuppa for sure! I like that letter holder. I think my Gr Grandma had one of those!hmmm......got me scraping the mold offa that part of my brain. What a cute doll, so colorful & bright!
I love my mattress pad warmer, so much better than an electric blanket. As the heat rises off the pad it cuddles you in such warmth, none wasted! Used mine last night since it's been in the 40's at night for a week. Got the flannel sheets and socks on too! Just when I adjust to this cold, it'll switch back for Indian Summer! *sigh*
Well, gotta go process some basil. Gonna freeze some in olive oil and puree some and freeze in freezer bags so I can break off pieces as I need it. Got yellow peppers to pick and laundry to do too. Busy-busy!
Later Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  08:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,

I only have a few minutes and then off to work for a few hours. The magazine is closing and I'm helping my friend get all the files done and all e-mails and magazines out for the last time.

I'll try an electric mattress pad but bet he won't be happy unless he has the weight on top of him also. GRRRR! It makes it hard for me to sleep when it's too hot. I have enough of that living in the desert in the summer.

I love that doll. She is so pretty. I have what they call a gypsy pot that belonged to hubby's grandmother and she cooked in it all the time. I have silk flowers in it since it's so old. I remember those letter racks that went on the wall to hold bills and such. They were so handy that I don't know why they did away with them.

Getting up at 3:00 am reminds me of us getting up at four when we get ready to leave on a trip. We like to be on the road between 5 and 6 when we have a long ways to go. I do it just to spend the day with my daughter since it's a three hour drive one way.

Lots of luck at the show. Hope you sell something. This economy is the pits. I try to shop local when I can and always the farmers market. Here, I'm finding the fruits aren't as fresh in the markets. I can buy apples that look good on the outside but they're brown on the inside.

I know how that days off is with hubby and Me. He has Wed. and Thur. off and it didn't always work when I was working so it's a little better now except we can't visit the grandchildren on those days when they're in school or see baseball games or soccer games they play in.

Have a good day everyone. My we're all busy these days. I got my yarn for my afghans but didn't get baby yarn. Will have to get it when we leave next week for San Francisco. Since we're spending the night at my daughter's and leave the next mornig for SF I can go to Michael's Thursday afternoon in Visalia.
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  08:55:02 AM  Show Profile
I am kinda new around here but I have been reading up and trying to get to know you ladies a bit. This seems like such a fun thread. A place to share and cheer each other on. I hope you don't mind if I hang around?

I just love the doll. She is lovely. Is she for keeps or will you sell her?

ThByrdHouse..........I can't wait to hear about your day at the festival. Hope it is a terrific one.

I have a show in 4 weeks and I should be creating right now. But first I have some cooking to do and a bit of baking and then I can hole up in the studio for the rest of the day. The morning chores were done with shoes on this morning, 50* outside and the grass was cold!!! Once you get to know me you will know that I love to go out in the damp grass in the mornings to walk around the garden and do the morning chores. But those days are about over for this year!!

Hope everyone has some great plans this weekend.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  09:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Debra e: mama had a pocket calendar in our day and used it for the bills. can't even find pocket calendars anymore. :( I like yours, suits your place. :)

AJ: ROFLOL here about your "hussy" cat.
also agree that flannel sheets are the best. we have an electric mattress pad because hubby can't get his feet warm either.

Patty: Hoping your pigeons find their way home safely. we saw fantail white pigeons at the fair, different, but I like the "regular" ones better.

Nancy: WOW! Lots of detail on that doll, she's so colorful, just like a gypsy! :)
I know what you mean about the "goody" cupboard. Judy had a rabbit that just loved crackers for his treats and knew what cupboard they were in too. to funny. animals DO have such great personalities.

Kim: welcome! you'll fit right in here. this IS a fun thread.
I have relatives in Gay, Statts Mills and Kentuck. where's Kenova from those places?

**DRUMROLL** I got some ribbons at the fair! blue for my dilly beans, white for my spider plant, none for the afghan,blue for my mini vase of fresh cut flowers and blue for my sunflower head. the theme was "A bountiful Harvest" and my sunflower head got an extra special ribbon just for that! I'm a happy camper. :):) going to take pics before we bring the stuff home tomorrow.

have a great day ladies. :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  12:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Sissy...."cool beans"...(an expression, but in your case, a true one!) Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...spinning around and doing the Happy Dance like Snoopy on caffeine$sugar!!!! lololol Did your friend Mary win anything? What's a white ribbon?
How big was your sunflower? Typical 'lil sis...questions, questions, questions...hahaha
Welcome KimQuilter! Jump right in, keep the shoes off, grab a cuppa and enjoy! We're very casual here!
Hey Betty, if you get the dual control mattress pad warmer, hubby can still keep the electric blanket on his side. Just cause folk are married doesn't mean they have to share blankets. Tell hubby, if he gives you static that the next move is "Ozzie&Harriet beds. That'll settle him rightdown. hahaha....rofl Yea, having days off in the middle of the week is nice because you can go to Dr/car appointments with no problems and a lot of stores and other places aren't busy....but ya miss out on w/e craft shows and festivals.
It's a catch 22!
Ya, my bunny liked soda crackers and all I had to do was ask, "Kizzy want a cracker?" His ears went up and he ran for the cupboard and sat up in front of it. Then when I opened it, he sniffed all the gallon jars in there that I keep all my foods in, and he'd find the cracker jar and spin around until I gave him one. Soooo cute! I miss him! My other house-bunnies liked cookies and they knew that word and banana too. My r_ts(for Peggy)hahaha also know certain words. Banana, cracker, cookie, nummy, come....there are no stupid animals, we just have to give them a lot of time and effort....just like kids, my mom said. She and I both have cats that think they are dogs and do everything they can to please us. If they try to do something they know is wrong, all we have to do is say, "Aaaaaa, no-bad kitty"...and man, they stop right now. Then we say, "good kitty", and they give us that adoring look and I believe my Rascal smiles! hahaha Looks like it anyhow.Animals know how to work the system, no matter what kind they are!Yesiree...very smart.
Well I got my basil put up. I put it in bags with EVOO and put it in the freezer. Now I need to go pick peppers.It's looking like rain. hmmmm....
Later Gators! teehee

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  4:01:55 PM  Show Profile
CraftBug.....those are all between 75 and 100 miles from me. Great to hear about your ribbons!! Congrats indeed.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  4:02:43 PM  Show Profile
Cooling off around here. In the low 50s last night. But still in 70s today. That's really nice. Feels like we are heading into fall. But, you might be right, Judy. Indian Summer. I remember having snow on my birthday (in Duluth, MN) when I was young. End of September. I think climate has shifted though since that hasn't been the case again in, well, forever.

We went out for Mexican food with son and grandson last night. And, I made Overnight Cinnamon Rolls last night and popped them in the oven this morning. Made the house smell good. Hubby found his way into the kitchen before nine. (Last night he had said he was going to stay in bed all day today.) Grandson wasn't far behind.

Hey Kim ... we are a fun bunch - kinda old, but pure gold. And some of us are quilters. Betty is our quilting queen, though. She's amazing. Please stick around and hang out with us. We are usually good for a couple of laughs a day - and inbetween times we are just sharing our lives and lovin' each other up. (Also, we talk a lot about food. :-))

Judy, I have fresh basil growing outside in a pot. I never thought of freezing it. Let alone in olive oil. Great tip. BTW, I rolled back a few pages so I could read your bit on the croc to hubby & grandson. I laughed so much while I was reading it that they had to piece it together. They laughed - but more at me 'cause they could barely understand what I was chortlin' about.

Patsy! Congratulations! You're just a Blue Ribbon kind of gal. First class, First place all the way in my book.

Nancy - been waiting to see that doll and just l-o-v-e it! So precious. I've just got to get my act together and get going creating some little lovelies. Okay, I'm re-inspired.

Penny, glad you are feeling better. Take it easy for a bit.

Made chocolate chip cookies and those brown butter toffee bars with grandson today. Chunmei (in Beijing) better take it easy when she receives her package or she'll get whacked with a sugar high.

It's not even 4 p.m. yet and I'm tired. Maybe it has something to do with waking up at 4:15 a.m. and not getting back to sleep until somewhere around 5:30. Hope I'm over whatever it was I had last week and that I'm not coming down with anything else. I am a really cranky - sluggish - sick person.

Almost forgot, Debra, that organizer brings back memories. And that one is really nice!

Here's to good health - and good attitudes!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Sep 17 2011 4:04:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  4:55:59 PM  Show Profile
KIm, welcome. Glad to see another quilter on here. I do knitting and crocheting also but love to quilt. I finally finished the label for my granddaughters quilt I just finished for her wedding. I embroidered it on my new embroidery machine and it came out great although I still have a lot to learn about using it.

Patsy, congratulations on the ribbons. That is something I've never done, entered anything I've made in a competition. We have a quilt show here every other year and maybe next year I'll 3enter something but maybe not.

I have a pork roast in the oven for dinner and a pot of green beans, onions, red potatoes and bacon in the slowcooker. I know Art will ask about dessert but there's icecream if he wants some. I didn't feel like making his favorite rhubarb pie. Maybe tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone. I just love chatting with all of you.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  5:03:38 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh, My feet are killing me. But it was a good day, and we did well. No rain, hopefully our day is just as good tomorrow. The big seller was spoon necklaces and I got a couple orders for banners like I have on the front of my booth. I think we sold a little of almost everything. :) Including some hedge apples... yep some people will sell anything for a buck. And people buy em' too...lol. I live in a rural area and I imagine you can find a hedge tree (osage-orange tree) any where within 1/4 mile.

DH said the pigeons were beautiful with the bride. The photographer showed him some pics on her fancy camera and he said he can't wait for me to see them. He never wanted the pigeons in the first place, and now wants me to want more...lol. I can't wait to see pics! But they aren't home yet and it is starting to get dark. :(

Nancy- I love your gypsy doll! She is beautiful. Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it!

Kim- Welcome to the group. I am a newbie too, but everyone has made me feel so welcomed!

Patsy- I love the fantail pigeons. But I want ones that work to earn their keep. :) Anything to make a buck, right?..lol And congrats on the ribbons! Not bad for a newbie at the fair. I am going to attempt some entries at our county fair next year.

Betty- You are so lucky to have the markets around you with local produce. Now that it is fall most of the local produce is gone. Our produce now will be all trucked in. I would love to eat organic more, but I would have to drive 50 miles to any store that has organic produce.

A.J.- It was so dry here this year that no one had the zucchini as they usually do. Send some my way...lol.

I have sewing to do tonight. Aprons did well so I want to put together the ones I have cut out already. Need more necklaces and a banner made. Have a good night.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  5:06:04 PM  Show Profile
Darn, I wanted to post a few pics in that post... better late than never. :)

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  5:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Patty, just a quick question. What are the forks above for? Necklace? or what? I really like the one in the middle on the bottom row...with the cross in the middle...I think that is pretty cool...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  5:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Patty, I love your recycled items. I can see why you would do well at a craft fair. Nice pictures!!!!

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  5:51:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Janet and Penny. Yes, the forks are for necklaces. They are all on chains now.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page