Page: of 218

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  08:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Good morning ladies.

Went to Apple Hill as planned yesterday. The weather was low 70's. What a pleasant gange from the 90's. What a gold mine! Came home witb 40 lbs and 30 lbs of butternut squash. I think the woman who waited on us for the squash thought we were nuts - lol. Asked what we made with it, told her soup. Then she asked what was in it and finally responded "oh".

That's okay. A lot of work now, but lots of tasties all winter long.

Lots of crafters. Some really cute things, but nothing I would spend my money on. Only one who used recycled items. Garden tools, metal pieces, etc. They were yard ornaments, mostly birds and really cool, but a little too pricey for me.

I don't go to many craft fairs anymore, because most of the people have chosen to bring in stuff made in China.

A number of years ago, I found metal tips for making braided rugs that had belonged to my grndmother. Always thought that someday I would try it. At least now I'm motivated enough to do it.

Have a bit of a headache this morning. Have a great day.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  09:10:03 AM  Show Profile
Peggy....I LOOOVVED the Gilmore Girls when they came out and watched to the end of season 7 when the went off the air. So sad! If I had been a Mom, I wanted to be like Loralei Gilmore. I own all 7 seasons, A couple of them,I bought...then DH burned some off the internet for me. I can now watch them anytime I want. Wouldn't that be fun to live so close that we could have a Gilmore Girl night! *giggle*
....ooops....hubby's calling me....going to the library to take back our books-on-tape.He listens to his on his way to and from work. 45 minutes is a long drive and not be entertained.
Later girlies! Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  10:16:43 AM  Show Profile
Patty...I also love Jason Wrights books. Especially Wednesdays Letters. ~ Love your gorgeous rug. I think the Machine zig-zag stitch adds extra appeal to the rug. Love It!!!

Betty...glad that you had a good trip and made it home safely. Can't wait to hear about your shopping finds.

AJ...I had just copied down Mary Jane's recipe for Butternut Squash Soup and then you post that you bought
70 lbs of squash to make soup. What timing! That sounds so good right now...as we are having a really wet and rainy day!

Judy...Another Gilmore Girls Fan! Hip-Hip-Hooray!!! Too bad you don't live closer so I could borrow your DVD's for the next 6 Seasons. I am on the second dvd of season 1 and I am hooked! Love Laurelei Gilmore and wish I had had her for a mom. She is just so cool! And Absolutely It would be a Blast to Have a Gilmore Girl Night with popcorn, candy and the whole nine yards. Love that idea! So, when are you moving closer? :+)

Well, I am off to knit and watch another episode or two or three this morning. I obviously have a lot of catching up to do. 7 Seasons you say! Wow! What channel were they on?

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  12:52:49 PM  Show Profile
I have been gone a couple of day. Well not really gone just unable to sit with this crazy hip. I am moving slow and trying to get some things done. Sale picked up this weekend on etsy so I need to be rolling BALLS!! Several small orders and a large one.

Patty.........glad your festival went well.I would love to see your bracelets that sold for you. I have a show on the 8th and 9th of October and I am so not ready!!

It seems you guys had a great convo about all the old tv. programs. I rememebr my mom liking to watch The DeaN Martin Show. And there was another variety show she liked with a blond headed lady. Oh, Oh, I rememeber now Dinah SHore. SHe liked that one too. I do not like tv or movies much (I think I just don't want to sit still) And even as a child I did not like cartoons. if I watched anything it had to be "real". I liked "Run Joe Run" on saturday morning. And when I came in from school of a day there was "Doctari" not sure of the spelling?! And "Lost In Space". That was all I watched and now I watch less!!

I am going to have to get out of this chair. Maybe I will see you all later on.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  1:20:44 PM  Show Profile
Nancy - I feel your pain - middle finger tendon -- did you try taping 2 fingers together with a length of popsicle stick inbetween to hold them straight? Two fingers sticking out don't carry the same message as the middle finger.
And, you dearheart, a big thank you for the precious little paperdoll book and birthday greeting. It was here when we got back from Oakhurst last night. That little book is darling. My SIL has started giving me the big Tierney (historical) paperdoll books for Christmas (since she found out I still love paperdolls.) Now when I play with them though, I make a copy - and cut that out instead of snipping up the book. Although .... one of these days I may go for the "real thing" again.

I also remember Uncle Miltie, Nancy. Those were the days - when nothing was rated R or X ... nothing had to be rated. And -"when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - That's Amore'" Ahh, yes!

We were in Oakhurst over the weekend. We finally spent some time relaxing. We went to Mariposa for the First Annual Tomato Fest. Unfortunately, it wasn't organized very well. Maybe they could call it a "practice run." There were some netted canopy tents with tomato tasting inside. But, you couldn't buy a tomato anywhere! And, of course, my mouth was watering for BLTs for dinner.

We had fun anyway. DH let me browse to my heart's content along Mariposa's main street (Hwy 49). I came home with 3 more dolls (one very antiquey with hair actually painted on), a cute doll buggy, a sewing stand. DH got some old Agatha Christie books and 3 packages (10 in each) marbles and - we couldn't resist - we were giggling like kids - WAX LIPs! Silly, but we got them anyway. We are finally old enough to actually enjoy being children-like and playing with toys and such again!

Ginny - we saw that popcorn on a cob in one of the Mariposa shops. They wanted 3.95 for one cob! I wanted one but just couldn't see forking over that much cash.

Debra ... I started putting out Halloween/autumn stuff. I think it is bigger in rural communities. Even though Halloween is big business - folks just don't seem to do the same amount of decorating around here.

I loved the story about the rag rug and your husband! That was funny and heartwarming, too.

And you are just too funny, too. I know what you mean about spending too much time here and not getting things that need to be done - done. I am guilty as well. And, in glancing down the posts, I see that we have lots of company. But, hey, it's like an ongoing conversation. We just have to keep up!

Patsy - I just got one of those old wooden walnut bowls. Looks like it was cut from a tree and hollowed out with a place sticking up in the middle with holes in it to hold the nut cracker tool. I grew up with one of those on the living room coffee table. Never thought I'd actually want one! But nostalgia kicked in - and it was "on sale" in that little antique/craft market shop (where I got the old doll and buggy and sewing stand) in Mariposa. Bet those black walnuts you are talking about would be just the ticket to fill-er-up. I'll probably have to settle for the grocery store "generic" variety.

Sky King & Rin Tin Tin - loved them! And Lassie, too.

You've got prayers for your mom. Now and going forward.

Judy, I have seen Laugh In. Geo Burns and Carol Burnett are legends. And, okay girlfriends, I admit it ... I also "watched" the radio --- The Shadow, Johnny Dollar --- The Lone Ranger, etc. (We didn't get a t.v. until I was in the 5th grade.) Some of you may gasp at that! You are so young.

Oh, and btw, Ed Sullivan? ( We had our t.v. by then.) "We've got a reeely big shew tonight, folks!" I do remember! And I also remember Jack Paar and The Hit Parade!

DH & I went to the garden shop in Oakhurst Sunday and got some daffodil bulbs. We understand that they are poisonous to gophers so the gophers leave them alone. And do we EVER have gophers. We have 2-1/2 acres up in Oakhurst and the gophers think they own the place! They share the property with quail, bunnies, deer, the neighbor's cats and, occasionally, coyotes. Our neighbor is stalking the coyotes with a shotgun, trying to give them a load of buckshot in their behinds. I don't know how successful she's been - but we haven't heard the coyotes the last 2 weekends that we were up.

We were contemplating our muses as to our plans for next year. DH (who isn't really completely sold on pets yet) not only didn't flinch when I said I wanted chickens - he actually did his big smile and said that chickens are a distinct possibility. He mentioned how we hear our neighbor's rooster crowing - and had not a single negative to say about chickens. Yea! He's really a wonderful man ... he is a bit of a worrier ... and always, when I bring up the idea of animals, thinks first of what is good for the animals. However, he has totally ruled out goats. Now I have to learn about chickens.

Just when we thought we were going to see fall - the forecast is for us to head into the 90s again. Oh well.

PeggyAnn - Baumens Farm and Garden sounds wonderful. Like my kinda place! I love farmer's markets - and the ambiance of "green living" ... fresh vegetables, fresh everything! Ahhhh.

I've heard of the Gilmore Girls, but never have watched it. I don't watch daytime t.v. at all either. So, after dinner which is late, as DH arrives home 7:30ish, we often plunk down in front of the t.v. and veg for a while. We record almost everything we do watch so we can zip thru the commercials. And it's nice to watch what we want, when we want. Mostly, it is BBC/PBS sitcoms and Mystery Theatre or HGTV, DIY, (Property Virgins, Holmes on Homes, Cash & Cari, etc. and sometimes the Travel Channel. We are fans of DWTS, too. And our real guilty pleasure is keeping up with - Castle (and, when around, Monk). Anyone else watch Samantha Brown or Rick Steves? And then the news b/4 bed.

Oh, I almost forgot, PeggyAnn. I was putting up my post-its for October birthdays when I realized my phone number isn't on the birthday list. Could you add it for the next time you send out "The List." Thx so much! I don't want GFs thinking I'm not communicative!

Patty, I am so glad this festival weekend went well for you. The food has me drooling all over the keyboard though!

Somehow, I didn't realize you also are commuting between two homes. How far are you traveling between homes? I just picked up on your rice filled sock remedy, too. I'm always looking for something to soothe my cranky neck - and/or lower back. I thank you for that.

The picture of your rag run in progress is great. Pretty colors, too.

Betty ... I got your sweet card with the birthday greeting. Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to hearing about your time in the City. I know the weather was perfect as could be. And I see there were a lot of "events' happening all over the place.

A.J. My BIL/SIL go to Apple Hill regularly - every fall - last year we went with them. It's fun, isn't it? The produce can be nirvana!

Hope your headache eases quickly. Try massaging (hard) the soft spot between your thumb and index finger by holding one hand with the other and using your (opposite) thumb as the massuse. It might hurt like crazy but if you keep massaging for a minute or two, you may just very well discover that you no longer have a headache.

Where does the day go? I'm off to my hilarious housewifey stuff. I'll be checking in - probably a lot more than posting. Maybe.

All you wonderful, wild, wacky, wise women - have a lovely afternoon.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Sep 26 2011 1:24:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  7:51:32 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy tonight. A dear friend of mine went to an auction yesterday and picked me up over 3 gallons of buttons for $1. Simple things make me happy. :) I also bought an old barn light to put in my kitchen and a huge roll of freezer paper on a roller/cutter at the Fall Festival this weekend. I will use the freezer paper in my sewing room for different projects. It will last me forever. :)

Peggy and Judy- I would join you for a Gilmore Girls night. I so loved that series! Even Dalous couldn't wait for us to sit down for the evening to watch a few episodes. I love the way Mrs. Gilmore dresses! I even shopped some thrift stores for her style of suits...lol. And of course Luke was so cute. :)

Darlys- Our homes are 427 miles apart. I don't go back to Columbus, Oh as frequently as Dalous (DH) does. And I never stay but a few days. He stays a couple weeks at a time. But I had lived out there 20 years and still have some things to move here with me. I have alot of things in my sewing room that need to come back. I make a list every time I go and make sure that I bring what I need. :)

Well, off to bed.. with a rice sock for my shoulder. :)

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  9:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Darlys

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  9:09:41 PM  Show Profile
Patty.....are you saying that you are from Colubus Ohio? I am about 3 hours from there and I wanted to go to the Country Living Fair so bad I did not have anyone to go with, so I missed it. But I would love to find someone to go and jury in and do the fair next year. Have you ever thought of doing something that large?

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  9:52:29 PM  Show Profile
Well! I'm back again. I thought I'd never get through this day. It's been a busy one. All this talk about TV shows brings back memories like the Howdy Doody show when I first came to the US and Roy Rogers, and Gene Autry. I used to watch Ed Sullivan and Red Skelton and evn now when it's on PBS I watch the Lawrence Welk Show.

Our trip up to San FRancisco was a lovely one. All the hills around the I-5 were golden, just like wheat. The scenery was fantastic. We weren't able to get free parking at the Masonic Lodge as we got there too late so it cost us $69 a night at the hotel where we stayed. I didn't do any shopping as I didn't want to go anywhere alone and all the other wives had already left by the time we got there Friday. Friday night we ate downtown at Denny's of all places. It cost more to eat there when you added the cab fare than if we'd eaten at the hotel. Friday lunch for me was a hamburger and a glass of ice tea that cost me $25.00. Saturday I went to the high tea given by the grand masters wife and it was pretty good but by the time we got out of there it was time to start getting ready for the big dinner that night. I went back to our room and crocheted with my feet up until then. We were bussed over to the other hotel for the dinner. The driver was better than the cab driver the night before. I aged 5 years riding in the cab. That driver went down those steep hills at 55 mph and I don't know what would have happened if the light at the bottom had turned red. It was like a roller coaster ride. It was so noisy during the dinner between everyone talking and the band that it gave me a head ache. The food was very good. We had both chicken and beef and vegetables that had mostly the big white beans and broccolli in it. There was salad and a cake of some kind for desert. We decided to leave about 9 and since the shuttle bus wouldn't be back until 9:30 we said we'd take a cab. another couple was wanting a cab also so we shared the fare and the ride back to our hotel. Sunday we had the Installation of Officers and a general meeting and it let out at 1 so we walked back to the hotel, had them get our car out of the garage and got our luggage and loaded up to head home. We came home down hwy101 until we got to Gilroy where we crossed through the Pacheco Pass, 28 miles and met up with I-5. We had dinner in Gilroy, the garlic capitol of the world, and we got finally got home at 9:30. I got a lot of crocheting done but didn't do any shopping in SF. There were so many people walking to and fro and I don't like crowds.

It's good to be home. There's nothing like ones own bed. The hotel room we had was exceptional but my bed felt so much better. I went to work for a couple of hours and then came home. There isn't much left for me to do. My friend will be home Wednesday and by then I'll be pretty much finished with all I had to do.

I did buy more yarn for the afghan I'm crocheting for my grandson and his new wife and also found the yellow, green and white baby yarn that I wanted for another baby afghan. I'm almost finished with the pink and white afghan I'm making for hubby's new greatgranddaughter.

Good night everyone, pleasant dreams, Betty
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  02:49:34 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Darlys!

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  05:08:24 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Darlys!

Good Morning!

I've got my sewing group this morning and I am anxious to finish a couple of projects I have started. I have two aprons to finish and some napkins I am making for Christmas presents. This year I promised myself I would get a head start on making my Christmas gifts so I wouldn't have to end up running around at the last minute wondering what to get people like I sometimes have to do.

Betty I am glad you had a nice time in San Francisco. Your description of the cab ride reminded me of the movie Foul Play with Goldie Hawn. She has a wild cab ride with two Asia people in the back seat waving American flags. So funny. Did you go over the bridge? I love the bridge. My brother lives north of the bridge up in Tomales near where they made the movie. The Birds. It is very beautiful up in northern California.

I remember the Hit Parade. There was a lady singer whose last name was Collins and then there was Snooky Lanson. I really liked that show. I always watched Ed Sullivan and If I could I would still watch I Love Lucy. She was the best along with Carol Burnett. We have some of Carol's taped shows. I have three Eddie Cantor movies and I really wish he would have been alive when in our day. He was such a funny man. I always liked Jack Benny and George Burns and Gracie, too.

I don't watch the new sitcoms and mostly tune into classic films, science, history, and things like that. I do enjoy watching those " picker fellows", the ones who go around in the van looking for stuff that is stored in garages and barns. It is so amusing to see all the stuff people have collected.

My bird, Kapila, is a peach faced lovebird. She is about 5 years old. We used to have two birds but Kani, her brother, got out one day and flew off. She seems to be a lot happier without him as they used to fight sometimes. She comes out of the cage everyday and flies around the house for a while and then will go back in the cage. She likes music especially opera and Hawaiian music. My DH plays the ukelele and she will chirp when he plays. She likes to watch TV also. If she sees anything unusual in the front or rear of the house she will begin chirping loudly to let us know things are happening almost like a dog barking.

Patty, how great to get all those buttons. Have fun! I love buttons. Just sorting them gives me lots of pleasure.

On my way now... Have a great day everyone. No rain for us today... we had enough yesterday to last the week.

Bye now.

Hugs,

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

Darlyne Mitchell
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Darlyne
Kirkwood New York
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  05:31:22 AM  Show Profile
Age is just a number to mark time.I feel much younger in spirit and mind....body often says "pul leese".
I will be 70 in a couple of months.
Love living in the country and enjoy my chickens and ducks.

Darlyne
(Upstate NY)
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  06:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Darlys!

Hello Ladies!

It sounds like you all had busy weekends.

Betty, You didn't say if you enjoyed your trip to San Francisco... We have been there twice, it is a beautiful area for sure.

All this chatter about the old tv shows, I remember because we were too young to tell time, our bedtime cue was certain tv shows.
After Walt Disney, or when Bonanza came on. Saturday mornings were all westerns, one after another. Sky King wasn't a western, but it was one of my favorites. During the week I recall Romper Room and how I hated that show, but my younger sister loved it, at least until that one day when the "teacher" looked into the magic mirror and said she could see Nancy (my sister's name). Well, she was so frightened by that she ran screaming and crying from the room and never watched Romper Room again. hurray!

If the weather is decent this weekend we may go to Springfield for the Big E (Northeastern Expo). I haven't been there in years.
Nick has been hearing people at the office talking about it, so he is curious and wants to go.

Yesterday I had my semi-annual checkup with my cardiologist and got finally got a 100% a-ok after four years. No blockages, no build-up, my meds are working perfectly and no side effects. I can begin to increase my physical activity.

Have a lot to do today,

Will check in again later.

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  08:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! I remember pretending to be sick one Sunday night when I was little so I could stay home from church and see Walt Disney because all my friends talked about the show and I had never seen it! LOL, I think I need to tell my Mother that while I still can, wonder if she will be upset? (just kidding, she won't).

I spent all day yesterday after work, making 12 quarts of Cranberry Juice. I had never made juice before but I think it turned out pretty good. Have any of you made juice before and canned it? I'm still so busy harvesting my garden so I'm on here at work so I can catch up with you all!

Here's a good laugh for all of you. You can tell I"m old and losing my mind (or just very stressed!). All summer I was talking about my popcorn and how big it was and how my sweet corn wasn't doing anything because of the cross pollination. WELL, I WAS WRONG! Turns out I had labeled the area wrong and put the popcorn where I thought the corn was and visa versa! So, I have lots of sweet corn and only about 10 half size ears of popcorn, LOL! If I had realized that sooner I may have been able to save the popcorn! My husband will never let that one go, lol! Oh well, lesson learned! Maybe next year he should stay healthy and help me instead of being in bed for 3 months and counting, lol!

Better get back to work. Have a great DAY ladies! (noticve I said day, lol)
Ginny

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  08:54:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

Kathleen, I did enjoy the trip itself both going and coming back since the weather and the scenery were great. The little bit of rain we had was the icing on the cake since we don't get much rain here. The dinner and the high tea was fun and I didn't mind staying in the room for several hours at a time but I don't like crowds and I don't like big cities with tall buildings. Since I don't know my way around I didn't go out on my own and there wasn't time between programs to take a tour bus around the city. I have been to SF before, several years ago so I've seen most of the tourist places. This trip was my hubby's trip for him to enjoy. I just basically went along for the ride and be his navigator when we drive. If we ever go again I think we'll either fly or take the train. The train would be fun.

My fun will be next month when we fly to NC for my granddaughters wedding. We leave for Las Vegas, NV on the 17th, spend the night and leave at 6 am the next morning stopping in Atlanta, GA and changing planes to Jacksonville, NC. Would love to drive this time of year and see all the fall colors but my husband only gets two weeks a year vacation and we used part of it to go to SF. Flying is quicker so I can spend more time visiting with my daughter and her family and seeing old friends since I used to live there and there are quilt shops all over for my daughter and I to visit. Sometimes Art goes and times he stays at the house and takes a nap. We'll fly home the 25th.

I think I have a chicken going broody again. This will will be her second time this year if she is. I'll slip some bantam eggs under her since they're fertile and the regaular eggs aren't as the girls don't have a rooster yet.

Well, time to get busy and get some work done outside before it gets too hot. I will be glad when it cools down in the desert but don't look forward to the winter winds. I have 10 trees ready to plant and may start with one or two tomorrow. We could still have some triple digits but they wouldn't last long. I have a native CA rose that I have held over all summer waiting for cooler weather to plant it and also a pussy willow.

Have a good day everyone, Betty
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  09:39:43 AM  Show Profile
Darlys...HAPPY BITHDAY BABY!!! Sorry, but I am just mailing your birthday card today on your birthday! I am all whacky this month trying to do anything on time. Not usually my style...am usually very on time or before time, even. I actually had it ready to go yesterday but husband forgot to mail it for me. So, hope you are like me and love for your birthdays to drag out for days and weeks at a time. Hope you are going to be doing something fun and special today!

Darlyne...Welcome to This Wonderful Group of Wackey Women. We may lose our minds most days...but it is always a riot to have friends to help you find it again!

Kathleen...That Romper Room Story had me lauging so hard. I loved Romper Room and can still see that gal
looking through her mirror and calling our random names. Can't for the life of me remember her name though.

Ginny...you better tell your mama about that night you skipped Church to watch Disney...confession is good for the soul, you know. LOL

Betty...I don't like crowds either...they make me feel clausdraphobic (sp). But I do love San Fran...especially down at the Warf.

Well, will check back in later my lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  1:58:46 PM  Show Profile
I like it down by the wharf also as I love the water and had hoped to have some fish while we were there but it just wouldn't fit in. I'll get my sea food when we go to NC though.

Happy Birthday Darlys

Welcome Darlene.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  6:23:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Darlyne to the Wonderful World of the Sweetest, Most Loving and Precious Women on the Planet!

Today, I've been on the phone almost ever since hubby went to work at 9a.m.. DS came home with flowers and a milk choc butter biscuit for me. (mmmm) I have had more attention this year than I ever remember having on my birthday. My sister called (from GA) a girlfriend (from UT), youngest DD from Santa Barbara, Gr.D, Gr.S, another Gr.S. and a local friend. Then my other son called (from Jackson, CA) interrupted by Gr-S (Eugene, Or) who was interrupted by Gr-D (SF). I have a great case of elephant ear. Hubby is taking me out to dinner this evening.

And! I am floating on air - being lifted up by all the farmgirl birthday wishes. Thank you all - so much. When I got on the farm this afternoon I was overwhelmed by greeting after greeting. You sisters really know how to lift spirits! ... (and, Peggy, you and my daughter ... she said my card is still sitting on her dining room table). We laugh - I will just keep on celebrating! Thank you, again, Nancy and Betty. Judy and Penny, special cards from you came in yesterday's mail. I feel like the proverbial "kid in a candy store!" Now I am Celebrating more than my birthday ... this year I am celebrating all these incredibly wonderful new friendships! You have actually brought me to tears with your sweetness, your kindness and your goodness. I have been so blessed. Thank you again. All of you!

Well, my day has really been my day. I have done nothing except talk on the phone and try to read "the farm" and post a bit. I'll be more productive tomorrow as, I believe, the phone will quiet down and I'll look at all that I've put off. Maybe.

Thank you all, again, for a wonderful day. Love you so much!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  8:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have 3 BIG Gilmore Girl coffee cups, like the ones they have on the show. One says "Gilmore Girls...oh please Luke...please, please, please"...which is what she said in the pilot begging Luke to give her more coffee. lol
One says "Dragonfly Inn" and one says "Lukes Diner", which is Dh's cup. He loves his BIG cup!!! And YES, it didn't hurt the show at all, that Luke was a HOTTIE, real Eye-Candy for us Gals! Yum!!!lol
Welcome Darlyne...great to have another "Older&Wiser" Sister to add to our nutty crowd!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  9:06:47 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,
My computer was down for the last few days and I have really missed him....(I call him/computer Hal) Hal is the way I stay in touch with all my friends. I have had a lot of trouble with Hal lately...Guess he needs updated like maybe we all do.But I am used to this computer and in no mood for a change right now.
I got on here and had to get caught up on the Farm Chatter for the last few days. This was fun. You all old Gals are sure busy women...We are already up to page 82.
The weather here has become hot again. In the mid 80's. Turned the air back on. Tried to hold out on that but the humidity has been bad and me and the dog are miserable hot. I got tired of seeing the poor old dog panting and me too. (tongue hanging out)
Hubby has been out of town (in Ohio)for the last 10 days and due to come home on Thursday. I have to say that I was looking forward to some quiet time to myself...But...am ready for him to come home. I am ready for some of his noise and laughter. I don't think that I would mind a little of his snores either.
Y'all have a good night and going to throw out these old tv shows.
Dr. Kildare (Richard Chamberlin) Ben Casey (I can't think who played in that show.)

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  11:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick welcome to Darlyne....glad to have you here...sorry girls that I haven't been around much, got so much going on around here right now...hope to catch up soon...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  12:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Debra e ...Oh yeah, loved Dr. Kildare. He was so good looking! If I ever had a Dr. like that I could
never go to him because I would be blushing the whole time he examined me. My real Dr. is a yr. younger than me and a good friend (and a Christian) but not a real hottie per say...but sometimes even he makes me blush. I guess it is better to have an old Grand-fatherly type Dr. like Dr. Marcus Wellbe was. Remember him?

OK...just had to laugh at myself...I guess If I am a grandmother...then my real dr. is the grandfatherly type!LOL
I guess it is the "Young-girl" in me who has been blushing, not
the "Grandmother" in me.

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 28 2011 12:35:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  04:52:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I was up at 4am and took the hubs to meet the van that was going on a flyfishing trip today. He was so excited that he was up before the clock went off!! I am happy for him though. I believe he felt bad about going without me, as we both enjoying fishig in a big way. But this was his vet buddies and I totally understand. So I just finished the chores and I am going to sit with a cup of coffee and then get to creating. Some time at the kennel will round out the afternoon and then dinner alone. He will be home around 9pm I think.

What is everyone else doing today?

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  05:04:01 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,

Is it Wednesday again? This week is going by so quickly. I am so much more laid back now that I am retired I don't get nearly as much done as when I was working. And the best thing is I don't care. I would rather enjoy nature, my DH's company and just doing my artwork and sewing along with communicating with friends like all of you.

Welcome Darlyne. You will love this group of the most caring, funny and interesting ladies ever. We are one "Craaazy" bunch!

Darlys, it is so nice to hear you had such a special birthday. All those phone calls from your family and friends and then all the cards... WOW! How wonderful.

I did watch Dr. Kildare and I liked that show. I didn't like the actor who played Ben Casey.
I had a bit of bad luck with some of my doctors. I had a really good Dr. who was Persian. He went to Iran to see one of his brothers and the Government wouldn't let him come back to the US for 9 months. When he finally did manage to get back he became ill and died a few months later. He was only 43 years old. Then I had anther great family doctor for four years who died. He decided to special in brain disorders so he no longer treated regular patients. Now I'm in Florida and have yet to find a good doctor. I have a good gyn and a good dentist

Debra, Did you get any of the rain these past few days? We had such a lot over the weekend and now it is so hot. It is predicted to be cooler toward the weedend but who knows. Sorry to hear about Hal. I know how it is with computers as you know. Mine doesn't have a name but as it turned out it was really the monitor that was bad.

Betty, happy planting today. I want to get more trees planted in my back yard area. I do have two plants that came up by themselves that are really growing nicely. My DH took the leaves to Home Depot and found out what kind of plants they were. We can't figure out how they got started.

Going to call my daughter in CA today. See what she has been up to this week. She wrote me on Facebook that she is up to 7 miles running to prepare for that 13 mile race she is going to be in in January. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

Go to Top of Page

lynnschlicht1961
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

lynn
swartz creek michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  08:10:02 AM  Show Profile
I'm new to this site, but it looks like fun. I just turned 50 this month and it's fab so far!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page