Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Frances
Sequim Washington
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  12:00:33 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by weaverchic

When I turned 50 life changed drastically! My X decided after 30 years of marriage he needed a better life with someone else and poof! He was gone. The beginning of the last 5 years was frightening, not certain if I would be able to do it. I lost interest in the many things that I had such a passion for (cooking, weaving, spinning, gardening and to live life to the fullest).

Now after 5 years of living independently on my own, owning my own home (the one I have lived in the past 35 years). Paying a mortgage, utilities bills, health insurance, car payments etc. Things that I had no idea how to operate, I learned. I learned many life skills that you become so dependent on with others. I live my life the way we should. An earlier quote I read on the thread explains "Remember life is what you make of it"!
We all make choices in our life, right or wrong, it's our journey to make it the best! This is not a dress rehearsal!

I would like to say that the inspirational stories that I read through out all the diffent threads has certainly helped me more to become a better person and bring me back to the foundation of who I am and what makes me the happiest!

Prayers go out to all the cancer survivors sisters! Your quest has been far more enduring than the challanges I have faced.

gerri
Farmgirl Sister #1197

Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends.
-Pam Brown

Do your part for art!
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  04:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Gee I love you girls. Every morning I get up and turn on the computer and I search my e-mails for the threads that leads me to MJ postings. You lift me up and I feel as if I know you all. Because of you all and the post on different threads I have learned oodles of things and realized that, overall, we girls are able to pursavier(sp)thru all things and still stay grounded. So, from deep in my heart, I say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU ALL. Everyone is invited to visit me at the Poor House Ranch if you are ever in Central Alabama. Love and Prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:00:53 PM  Show Profile
Daizy - what a nice sentiment. I think a lot of people do the same thing once they find out abour MJF. It is so nice to read through everything - for ideas and acceptance - to know you're not alone out there when you realize there are more important things than "getting ahead." The older I get, the clearer this knowledge becomes. God bless you too!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  5:07:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey, I am 51, too!

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  6:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Will be 51 my next birthday and never been better!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  3:05:29 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone, I hope your day is going great! It's been a lovely day in the desert, a warm 75 so I can't complain at all. Us soon to be 71 year olds enjoy good days like this. Hope tomorrow is a good one for you. It's my day off. I don't have to go to work. Maybe I can garden. I'll quilt for sure.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  03:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone,
I'll be 61 this Feb. and I still feel 15....lol maybe a little older LOL.
My body tells me my age and the Dr does when I get a check up.
Age 50 was a long time ago and my life has changed....I'd like to think it gets better with age. The best part is I have time to knit and crochet and needlepoint. Doing a little quilting but it's the hardest for me....those "perfect" 1/4 inch seams....grrrrr
I'm enjoying getting to know ya'll
hugs,

Linda in Scranton, PA Farmgirl #71

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
--Hada Bejar

Edited by - yarnmamma on Jan 19 2011 03:05:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  08:08:22 AM  Show Profile
I contributed quite a few pages back, but reading through them all, it is amazing how many of us are in our "golden" years. When I was younger, it seems I was always so busy preparing for the next day and not really taking time to enjoy what today had to offer. My work was busy and often frantic. Now, it has been a transition to learn to slow down and enjoy life. Why can't we learn that when we are younger...or maybe it's just me. Anyway, I am heartened that there are so many of us. Have a great day, enjoying life.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  09:25:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Claudia, my Dear Pen-Pal. I will be getting a letter off to you this week, long over-due. No it's not just you. Even at age 55(soon to be 56) I have had to teach myself to slow down. My jobs were all the type where you were always multi-tasking, and now I can just enjoy every day for what it brings. It's hard not to want to zoom around like a crazy woman still. At times I tell myself that I'm being lazy because I'm NOT multi-tasking. Funny how you get into that rut. It's a good habit in the job market, but a bad habit when you are trying to slow down and enjoy life's blessings. Enjoy each new day!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  09:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya Judy! So good to have a little quip from you. Yes, I have been remiss in my writing also. I thought I would have more time over the winter...probably have, but just doing other things....like baking bread and cooking from "scratch" even more. Got our Wednesday grocery ads today and there is little to be enthused about. Looking for some good meat prices that I could make for stews or using meat as side dishes. Nothing to be had. One of our grocery stores closed here and so we have 1 major store who seems to have a captive audience. Have a good day!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  10:00:59 AM  Show Profile
OMGosh, that's what I've been waiting for Claudia. Our one-and-only grocery usually has a big meat sale in January,a buy one/get one free. That's when I buy my roasts and meats for soups and stews too. Of course...I'm still waiting. hahahaha...*sigh* I love doing more cooking from scratch and slow-cooking this time of year too. I just saw a recipe on allrecipes.com for pocket-pies that has me drooling. Again....where's that meat sale? lol
Happy cookin'.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 19 2011 10:02:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  2:45:00 PM  Show Profile
I am having a hard time slowing down. There is so much I want to do and a day isn't long enough. LOL! DH and I did sit on our front porch and eat lunch so we can enjoy this glorious weather we've been having.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  6:55:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh man....I am green with envy!!! LOLOLOL Blowing & snowing here at 10 PM.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  7:49:45 PM  Show Profile
Well, Our fantastic weather may be over. There is a wind advisory for tonight and it started blowing about dark and it's stronger now. I hate the wind when it blows like this because it will blow tropical storm strength and even get up to hurricane force and it's a dry wind with no rain so it will blow dust. Not tonight though as the ground is still wet from all the snow and rain we've had. We put up a bigger mailbox today since our other was the small size and every larger envelope or package we'd have to pick up at the post office. Our mail is delivered out on the paved road about a mile from the house. The rest of the way is dirt which I don't mind since it's sandy and doesn't get muddy so you don't get stuck. It's 30 miles round trip to our town where we shop so we didn't get much done after getting what we needed for the mailbox and putting it up. Oh! Well, there's always tomorrow. I hope you have a good night. You are probably in bed by now It's only 8 pm here.
Go to Top of Page

PattiLynn
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Patti Lynn
Anaheim California
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  8:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Send PattiLynn a Yahoo! Message
Hello I'm in the over 50 group and new to Mary Janes Farm, I am getting divorced after after being married for a LONG time, getting ready to move to Idaho on a small farm, so my horses and I can live in the same place.....I am excited to see how this works :}

To Imagine is Everything!!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  09:27:34 AM  Show Profile
PattiLynn, Sorry to hear about your troubles but you are changing it into something positive so "Go girl go." I can say "been there, done that." Lots of luck on your move to Idaho and happiness with your horses. I love horses and always wanted one. We have horse property here and 2 1/2 acres but with us retired it would be a greater expense than we can handle. I'm content with my chickens though. Welcome and stay in touch. What an adventure to write about. Betty
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  11:56:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Patti and Welcome. I too am sorry to hear about your divorce, but I pray for strength for you to move on and enjoy your life. I also have "been there, done that." That's what's so great about this website, there are so many women to share what you've been thru. They will laugh and cry with you and be the shoulder you need sometimes to lean on. It's a wonderful feeling to have so many Sistas!
Hi Betty, so glad to see that you weren't "blown off the map last night!" Well, gonna mosey over to the "virtual porch", under "A farm of my own," and see what the Gals are up to today. We have 31 and snow comin down softly but abundantly. Have a good day.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  1:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy, We weren't blown away and though we have a breeze today it's nothing like last night. DH and I just finished eating lunch on the front porch again. The porch was a "have to have" when we bought the place. They just added it to the manufactured home we bought. It's given us so much enjoyment from scenery to birds. I spend a lot of time in my porch swing reading, crocheting, etc. when the weather is nice. Once it gets too hot, usually after 10 am in the summer I have to come inside where it's nice and cool. We can sit out once the sun goes down since it cools fast in the desert then.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  4:14:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patti, my name is Claudia. I too have been there & done that. Not my wishes, but in hind sight for me...it was better for the kids & I that it happened. It takes time to get through some of the muck in our lives, but when we are strong enough to stand up and finally be free, it is trying. Now I live in Washington State about 30 miles from Idaho's panhandle...Newport, Sandpoint etc. Where abouts are you moving to in Idaho? I love the Pacific Northwest. We definitely have our 4 seasons and the people are great. I hope you have time to respond to us here and we all can chat back & forth and become friends. Judy gave some directions in her post about going to the "virtual" porch where ladies chat, pretend they are eating cookies, drink tea or coffee, share the crafts they are working on etc. Our ladies here are wonderful. Looking forward to hearing from you again!!!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  4:18:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh, by the way Patti, here is a virtual flower from my garden last Spring.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  4:29:48 PM  Show Profile
Welcome PattiLynn, I'm in Alabama and went thru it too with 2 kids, All you got to do is remember "This too shall pass" and when God closes a door He opens a WINDOW.....So soar, my dear, and SOAR HIGH!! We're here for you. Great bunch of gals,too.

Ok, SISTER, just how old are you???? Love and Prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  6:38:40 PM  Show Profile
PattiLynn - I've been there done that after 25 years of marriage also. I'm sure you've given to and taken care of everyone except you. Now is your time. Take care of yourself and enjoy your new adventure.
Go to Top of Page

shawneefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  9:05:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Pattilynn, and Daizy - AMEN!!! When God closes a door, He does open a HUGE window !!
I'm 60, and still feel like 16 HA!HA! ( only in my mind )My body reminds me that I am much older...But I am enjoying every bit of life that God has for me. I been divorced, too. And bounced back ! It just takes time. God bless all you farmgirl cancer survivors!! It takes a lot of courage to go through what you had to do. I love each and every one of you...and don't forget - if God leads you to it, He'll get you through it.

Thanks be to God, who always leads us in His truimph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. 2Cor 2:14
Go to Top of Page

alpacagirl
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Nita
Muskogee Oklahoma
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  08:27:13 AM  Show Profile
Well, I am age 62. My mind doesn't know it but sometimes my body reminds me!!! My mind says " get out there in the garden and plant all those flowers and vegetables today. Don't stop until it is all done." It feels so good to get into the sunshine and work my muscles then the next day my body hurts all over and I wonder why!!!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  10:08:29 AM  Show Profile
LOLOL....I hear ya Nita! Been there, done THAT too! Over-do-then ask self, Y!!! Like there's not a tomorrow. hahaha Ya...then we pay dearly. WE are the opposite of procrastinators. WE can do it all in one day...right now! hahaha

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page