lynnschlicht1961
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

lynn
swartz creek michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  11:09:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi farm girls. Welcome Louella, hope you have a great time here!

Very dark day in Michigan. Cold and a bit rainy too. At least I'm in a warm office with lots of bright lights, so it's not so dreary that way.

My sweetie is out of town this week on business. I always miss him when he's gone :( but that makes it his home coming that much sweeter.

Just wanted to share a little story with ya'll:

I take for granted the veggies we grow and can each year. It's so much a part of our lives that I hardly give it a second thought. Last week a co-worker had a birthday and when I asked what he wanted me to make him (cake, cookies etc) he simply asked for a jar of pickled beets. I gave him 2 and a fresh jar of applesauce. He told me today that his mom had been going through a really tough time, so he took her a jar of those beets. His grandma used to can them and his mom reflected on that as she looked at the ones I had made. He said it brought a smile to her face to remember a time past. He hadn't seen her smile in a long time. We never know how something we take for granted will make someone elses day!

Have a blessed day farm girl friends!
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  12:00:21 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - Glad you are enjoying your birthday coffee and stuff. I am now on the lookout for little things that can be tucked into farmgirl greetings. I can't live without that calendar now! I have updated your address. I am so happy you are happy. Oh, and I agree that it's great that we have technology/computer literate sons. Mine worked on the genius team at an Apple store for a while. Hated it - but that's another (management) issue. He does have the skills, though. Lucky me.

Penny, I have been thinking of you all morning. Today is your meeting and I have been praying that all goes well. I am wearing the "Be My Friend" bracelet right now. Back atcha, honey. Please let us know how the meeting went. BTW, that fabric card your mom made for you is a treasure. I recognize those stitches!

Patty - you could run circles around the energizer bunny! Oh, I know that sinking "spooked" feeling. I'm glad it was only your cat in the garage.

Brenda - Sounds like you've been really busy. Missouri's wild, windy weather is beginning to show itself in the season shift. Can the holidays be far behind?

Nancy, more than once I have "put something in a *safe* and then forgotten place. Usually right after I replace whatever it is that I desperately need -- the original reappears.

I'm making oatmeal cookies and doing laundry today, too. Then my chiropractor needs to empty my wallet ... right before I get groceries. Cleaned the refrigerator yesterday - sure looks bare. We had BLTs and soup for dinner last night. Chicken pot pie is on my mind for tonight.

Lynn, your co-worker story touched me deeply. We do not know how a simple, small act of generosity will be received and forwarded. This was, perhaps, not so rare - the mother's smile, the gratitude. And we are blessed, as well, that you shared your story with us. Thank you so much.

Rain, rain -- it's in the 70's and sunshine here again today - and that is the forecast - sunshine (70s & low 80s) for the next 10 days. . I am so ready for more (significant) rain and the real shift of the seasons. But - then - who called the weather forecasters "the weather guessers?" Here's hoping...

Chocolate Kisses ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Oct 19 2011 12:01:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  2:05:24 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone seen the news about the exotic animals in Ohio. It just makes me sick. Those beautiful wild animals. :(

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  4:03:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
It is sunny and about 68 here. Looks like the same for the rest of this week. But like Darlys said they are weather guessers. So who knows.

Penny thanks for explaining what a pig picken was is? Anyway we call them pig roast where I am from. What can I say, no imagination.Going to a pig picken just sounds like more fun.
Those bonnets you made are beautiful. You have so much talent. If it doesn't come with a pattern I am lost.

Louella welcome to this wonderful group of women. I never had sisters growing up, but the short time I have been chatting with these ladies they have made me feel like I have a whole bunch of sisters. It has been a gift just to read what they are up to and share with them. I hope you stay and chat a while.

Claudia Hi and welcome back. I am new since you were here last, so it will be a treat to add anouther sister.

Peggy Can you explain the YO-Yo exchange? I think you mean the fabric ones. Can anyone get in on this exchange? It sounds like fun.

Patty you lost 2.8 pounds!!! Way to go girl. I fish I could loose some weight. But that would require me to do more than wish, LOL I am flad 2 of your pieons came home. They are such remarkable birds.

Lynn thank you for sharing your storie with us. It brought tears to my eyes. The good kind.

Has anybody got a good recipe for chili in a crockpot. All the ones I found say a can of this and a can of that. If I am going to use canned stuff I might as well buy the chili in a can. Less work. So if any of you has a great home made chili recipe I would love it if you would share it with me

Chat at you later

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  5:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi All,

Linda, thanks for the story, isn't it wonderful that chivalry isn't dead.

Claudia, I don't think we have met, but I am sure we will become friends very quickly. We haven't had a freeze yet, thank goodness.

Darlys, Thank you, I love making the little baby bonnets and it comes with the sweetest poem. Thank you for remembering today, DH said it went ok, MIL tried to get into a fight about things but DH didn't allow it...he just told her how things were going to be and that he was resigning on the 31...so that was that...glad my DH is the way he is...I am so glad you like your bracelet, I found them and thought they were perfect for my farmgirl sisters...and yess the fabric card is one of my greatest treasures...as is the other things she sewed, crocheted and painted for me...she had so much talent...my number one item is a pair of undies she made and embrod. the words SMILE, I LOVE YOU in the crotch...oppps was I suppose to use that word on here...just kidding...what else you going to call it....lol...

Mel, DH said skinning the hog isn't easy, I am sure that is why you had a tough time, too bad your Grandpa didn't give you more of a chance.

Peggy, I sent you an email and emailed all the ladies in the swap, you know I will help any way I can....thank you for letting me. I am so glad that your son fixed your computer...bless him.

Patty, It doesn't sound like you wasted the day to me...looks like you were very busy...wow...I will keep your SIL and her family in my prayers...I am so glad two of your pigeons came home, hope the others show up too...thanks I love the baby bonnets so much fun to make. I love those bracelets...you are very crafty. I am so glad that it was just your cat...bless your heart.

Lynn, Is your sweetie gone ALL week? He'll be home soon...I loved your story, thank you for sharing that...people that don't have gardens or can and stuff love homemade items. that was very sweet of you to share.

Brenda, we did have pancakes the other night it was very good...I'm glad you like the bonnet it is so easy. It is cold there huh? It is starting to get cold here too.

Nancy, I do that too, put something in a safe place and then can't remember that place, finally I got an inexpensive safe to put important papers in...so far so good...lol We have gotten that same rain as you I think....it really has turned things cold. What kind of muffins you making, yummy and I love oatmeal cookies, but not to much with raisins in them. Do you put raisins in yours?

Dianne, it is cold (50's) and raining here today...Yea pig picken and pig roast same thing...lol I think they say pig picken here because when it is ready you just go pick what you want off of it while still in the pit...lol..fun. You could make the bonnet it is so simple, made by hand with a lace hankie and comes with the sweetest poem. I sent you an email about the yo yo swap.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  8:20:09 PM  Show Profile
Good night ladies! I'm about to go to bed but wanted to drop a line and say:

My Dad is back home and doing well! Thanks for the prayers! He's a fighter all right, think he and Mom will be like the movie The Notebook and die together in bed! They just don't want to leave the other one.

Welcome Louella! Hope you find yourself enjoying this great bunch of ladies!

Adorable bonnet Penny! That baby will be one stylish child! Even I'd wear that beautiful bonnet!

Welcome BAck Claudia! Jump in again, it's a lot easier than reading 50+ pages! :)

Wonderful braclets Patty! Wish I could wear jewlry but I am allegic to nickel and most metal has it in it. Also glad to see two of your birds returned home! You may need to send them to Maine next fall! (just kidding)

It's cold, windy, and rainy here even if it is 11:15 at night. YUCK!

Holly, PEI I believe is about 8 hours from here. We went there only once and stayed overnight on this side and went on the ferry the next morning. Now they have a bridge. Beautiful place!! Anne of Green Gables on one side and a mini Europe on the other that some guy built on his acreage. It has all these small mini castles, like playhouse size! Too cute! I'd love to go back as it was really a fun island. Maybe when the dollar is stronger, right now the Canadians have the advantage and are here in Maine.

I think we need to have a few of those wild hogs sent this way. I'd far prefer them to deer!

Bedtime, Sweet dreams!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  8:28:30 PM  Show Profile
P.S. Brenday - Yes I do know when the weather is coming. I go through stages with my fibro. Almost yearly stages actually. For months I will feel lots of pain, then less, then more again. I hate it! But I refuse to use it as an excuse and plow ahead.

Patty - Love the bracelts. Wish I could wear jewlry but I am allergic to nickel. I hated to hear about the exotic animals. I don't htink we should be allowed to own them in the US, just the zoos. I keep wondering what this guy was thinking?? Did he think they would just capture them and make them pets elsewhere? Very strange.

Penny - I LOVE the card your Mother made you! How sweet and what a great momento to have!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  8:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Ginny this is for you since you mentioned the notebook...http://www.wistv.com/story/15735603/couple-married-72-years-dies-holding-hands

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

mastergardenermd
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

melissa
annapolis md
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  8:43:11 PM  Show Profile
Well I am on the otheer side of 55 heading to the big 60 and loving it
Melissa

Be Happy Play in the Dirt

Life is Like a Beautiful Garden
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  9:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Penny, what a sweet (and memory)'card' your mother made you back in 1988.

Today I started the morning off by getting a fire going in the firepit, sat & read for 1/2 hour...then I got busy, putting potted trees in a makeshift green house for the Winter and then pulled out the tractor, picked up all the boulders from around our 20 fruit trees and then came in, and made dinner & Baked Apples" for the hub's and me.
Now I can honestly say,,, I'm pooped! lol! But being on the older side of 50 I am happy to say I can still work like a mule & smile at the end of the day knowing I got my 'Dirt manicure'.... :>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 20 2011 6:19:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

lynnschlicht1961
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

lynn
swartz creek michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  05:13:49 AM  Show Profile
We are still in the dark rain this A.M., but I heard that the weekend is going to clear up and we will see that orb in the sky again. I think it's called Sun?! LOL

Did you ya'll here the report on Bimarck, ND? It's booming. They have something like 16,000 jobs and no one to fill them. The unemployment rate is 3%. They have a housing shortage. The houses are gaining in value at a rate of 6% a year. Wonder what life is like there???

Time to hit the bricks...have a great day!!
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  05:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Lynn my son works in heating and cooling. He just got back from working in ND several weeks. And they have two more trips to go back so far. They told them they would have a trailer to live in while there. Well they did !!!, but no running water, no showers and bathroom and colder than all get out. Couldn't even fix a cup of coffee. They finally went about 30 miles to get a motel, and went to MCdonals and paid $6.00 for a hamburger. They know they can hike the prices, because the workers have no choice. Outside the trailer they were suppose to stay in, there was tents and make-shift wooden shacks with hundreds of people staying in them. Then in the middle of the sit up they threw together a shack for a bar. He said all night they were drinking and the fights were wild. He said it was a miserable time. And he's not looking forward to going back. It took them 18 hrs one way to get there. His boss is getting paid really well, because the builders can charge double or more for the same house they build here for much less. The guys are telling the boss that they'll need more money to do it again. The conditions were awful. They have plenty of work here, but the boss likes the BIG $$$$$. My son said you could see them pumping oil everywhere. If someone would WANT to move there, It's going to be a booming town. When son and his crew goes again, they'll know now to forget the trailer and head to the motel first. He said it was amazing to see nothing but construction all over the place.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  06:05:22 AM  Show Profile
Goooood morrrrning....Get up offa that thing,
and dance 'till you feel better,
Get up offa that thing,
and dance 'till you, sing it now!
Get up offa that thing,
and dance 'till you feel better,

Thought I would wake you up with a little James Brown...lol
I hope everyone is feeling as well as I am today! I feel motivated. :) Figured I might as well shake the "dragging" feeling, I just have too much to do.

Penny - The card your mother made is beautiful, and so special. My kids laugh at the things I make them...but one of these days...lol.

Brenda - I think we get your Mo. weather up here in the Land of Lincoln. So cold now... Yesterday was the first day that I truly had reality slap me in the face and remind me that winter was right around the corner...lol.

Darlys - Oatmeal cookies sound so good. I bet I could make them to fit my new "Lifestyle" eating habits. :) I didn't have any of the chicken pot pie that I made and I made two. I gave them both away. I made snickerdoodles and homemade pop tarts. I am guilty of eating a pop tart. But I think I still stayed under my allowed points.

Lynn - What a warm feeling knowing your beets made someone so happy and took them to a happy time in life. Imagine... beets can do that..lol.

Claudia - I have been here awhile, but I suppose not when you were around previously. I look forward to getting to know you. :) Thanks for looking and "liking" my "Country Girls Gone Green" page.

Ginny - Glad your Dad is back home. I am sure your mothers heart doesn't feel so empty as when he is away and not well. My prayers for a full recovery.

Melissa- Glad to see you join us. You are plenty young enough to join in our fun and I am sure you will enjoy it. This is a great bunch of ladies.

Grace - My gosh, you have to be pooped! I wished I had your energy.

Lynn - I don't think I wanna go to ND. These bones couldn't take the cold.

I want to take my pigeons off today and release them. Just to see if they can make it home. I think they are rested up, and I have a younger one that has not been released yet, except to hang around the coop. I'll clean the coop while they are out. Homing pigeons are so much fun! I love them.
I am going to try to make a "time out" doll today. I made the cutest "super hero" capes and I want to be able to display them. I thought a time out doll would be perfect since I will want the back to show anyway. Has anyone ever made one? Any suggestions? I will probably do a google search for instructions. I don't want it too small, and I want it as realistic as possible. My goal today is to make the doll and get 5 aprons done....lol. I'll see how side tracked I get. I cut all my apron pieces out and hang each apron on a hanger so then when I am ready to sew I just sit and sew. I have about 15 aprons ready to sew. I have all the thinking process done. :)
Well off to grab another cuppa before I start my day.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  06:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Patty you just amaze me! I just don't know how you can sit and sew that long. You do sound very organized, by having them all cut out and hanging ready to be made. I have no idea what a "time out doll" is. Will have to google it also, so I can picture what your making. Everyone have a great day. The sun out today and looks great, but step outside and your little piggy's feels the change in temp. Hugs,Brenda

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  06:37:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning all,

Ginny, did you see the link I posted for you...made me think of your parents, glad your Dad is home doing well.

Melissa, I am almost caught up with ya...lol...glad to see ya here.

Gracy, thank you about my card, it means so much to me. What kind of fruit trees do you have, we only have pear, would love some others....but not sure if I want to plant them, but then again, the kids can enjoy them when we are gone.

Lynn, I hadn't heard about Bismark, thanks for sharing that...good to hear jobs are available.

Brenda, sorry the working conditions are so bad for your son...don't get it why his boss so greedy, he should by a motorhome for his guys...since the trailer is so bad and they might not get a motel room, with that many people coming in town to work they might run out of rooms. I will say a prayer that next trip will be better for him.

Patty, thank you for the song, now got it stuck in my head...but makes me want to move...lol...and thank you for the compliment on my Momma's card, I agree it is beautiful and so wonderful to have now that she is no longer with us. Miss her ever day. If you send you pigeons off let us know when they come home, maybe they will find the other two...we can hope right? I would love to have one of the time out dolls, maybe if you find a pattern you can share it with me...I would love to attempt to make one...I'm not as crafty as my Momma was, she made one for my sister years ago... You sure are good if you can make all those things in one day...it would take me weeks to sew just the aprons...

I will check back in later, hope everyone has a great day.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 20 2011 06:52:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  06:49:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

I just have minute to say Hi. Today is National lights on After School. I coordinate the High School after school program so it will be a long and busy day. We (the other school coordinators abd I) have a dinner and entertainment by different groups from the different schools planned. Pray it all goes well.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  09:56:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ya Gals! I'm so far behind on here I'll never catch up. So I'm starting fresh. Before my Sis showed up I cleaned and spruced up and grocery shopped.(dunno Y, we take them out to eat and shop anyhow)When they arrived Saturday night they were pretty tired.N.C. is a ways away. Sunday is our "Day of Rest"....so we did.*giggle* We went to Hartville Kitchen and Flea Market Monday and to Kidron to Lehman's Old Fashion Hardware Tuesday. Love Amish country and stores. Wednesday they visited with Mom and went to get apples to take home and lunchmeats&cheeses(also got some in Amish country). Their food is outta sight or non-existent in N.C. Can't get a lot of things. It's weird. Now they are down further south visiting with and staying at their 2 daughters for a few days. I miss thm already.(I missed them right after they left...who am I kidding)Now, all is quiet. *sniff* What was nice was that DH was home with us those 4 days they were here.That rarely happens. It pays to have weekdays off ;-) It rained off&on the last 2 days of their visit, but it all worked out....well....until yesterday when they had to pack the car. Since it was her Birthday and we give them lots of odds 'n ends since they aren't here at Christmas, they had lots to pack.....hey....we know how to get folk to take their showers. I even gave her a bar of shampoo/conditioner...so...ya...she was prepared. hahahahaha
I found a cool candle in Hartville that smells like espresso and even an extra bottle of esresso oil to replenish it. Man-o-man is it ever "DELISH!" I put some oil on cotton balls and laid them around the house. ~~mmmmm-mmmmmm~~
I forgot to tell you Gals, I found a new Stash tea(chocolate-mint). YumYum!!! Excellent tea. Great plain or if you want it richer, make it real strong and add sweetner of any kind and cream. Soooo tasty, almost like mint-cocoa. I also got the chocolate-hazelnut.
And speaking of tea, I was showered with tea when I opened my cards from some of yuns.TYTYTY to Angela,Darlys&Patty! Loved the homemade PressedPaperFlower in one of them, very cool, not seen one of those before! I can't wait to try the array of teas. I just love tea, don't you? It travels so well too. A tiny tucked-in thought of cheer for anytime&anywhere! Gotta love that. I even carry a tiny tea tin in my purse that Celestial Seasonings was giving away one year.It holds 5 tea bags. Nice for those reataurants that just don't understand that Lipton is NOT the only tea out there on the market! *giggle*
I am feeling MUCH better now than I was. Thank you all who sent Happy Vibes and Get-Well thoughts&Wishes my way! My face still hurts, especially in the evening, when I'm tired.But the blisters are gone and my hair doesn't hurt anymore. hahaha That WAS weird. I'm taking L-Lysine daily now to keep the virus at bay. With Mom having cold-sores all the time, I should have been taking L-Lysine all along, but it isn't a constant thing with me as it is with her. DH gets cold-sores too. Oh well, such is life huh? We all seem to have our Crosses to Bear!
Well, I think it's time to go do something around this house....lay around it, walk around it, sit around it....hahahaha ....you get the idea!
As Tigger would say...T.T.F.N....tata for now!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 20 2011 10:04:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  11:42:00 AM  Show Profile
Judy so glad to see you back and feeling better, just continue to take care until this is all gone.

Nancy, I was really laughing when you said you forget where you put things away for easy find. And then can't remember. Sometimes I will get up and head to a different room, like I'm right in my mind and know what I'm after! But then I arrive in that room and stand there wondering what it was I was after. Have to retrack and hope it comes back to me. At least I'm still laughing at myself. And you know, when your putting something away for safe keeping that's what you think will be the place you'll remember. Then we spend hours, and days trying to find it. Guess maybe picking one spot to use all the time, would fix it. On the other hand, when that spot gets so filled up to tumbles over, we'll find it all at one time. haha

Ginny so glad to hear your father is home and feeling better. He's a little fighter isn't he!!! Just help him and enjoy him while you still have him with you.

Penny loved the book your mother did for you. What a beautiful piece she has left for you. What a keepsake.

Have you noticed that when you miss one day here, you have page after page to catch up. This is a great group of talkers. It's so fun to read everything that is shared. PAGE 102!!!!!

Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  11:42:33 AM  Show Profile
For All You Oct. Birthday Girls...I apologize for not getting your cards out to you yet. They are in some box somewhere. They are going to be late (duh!) but you will get them...probably in November but hey...let's celebrate at least a month for each birthday! If we gotta get old we might as well enjoy it!!

Can't wait to try my choc. Mint Tea Judy! I have already gone through the via coffee Darlys sent. You guys are like Moving Life Savers!!! Just had to take a break and de-flea my two dogs. One dog had no fleas and the other had about 50. We have fleas so bad in the Battle Ground Area...that we have to give our dogs flea treatments every month all year. My dogs have had all their flea treatments plus I keep the carpets sprayed
and still one of them has a bad infestation. Go Figure! The only treatment we haven't tried on them is that monthly pill and my husband is getting that for both dogs today. My son uses it on his Scottie and says that if they already have fleas...it kills the fleas on them. Since it is my Scottie that has the fleas...I'm going to try it (on both of them). While I had them up in arms reach...I did their ear cleaning too. They were both so good for me. Well, my 15 minute break turned in to an hr. and a half...guess I better get back to packing.

Love Ya All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  12:07:38 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I am so happy to hear from you to the group. You always crack me up, & you did it again today. I hope that your pain goes away quickly and you stay healthy.

I have a long sleeve shirt on now which means that winter is on the way. we try to keep the temp at 63 or so in the house, but when the moisture is up or the wind blowing, it just seems colder some how. I am taking a break from making applesauce today. we will be going into Spokane later this afternoon to pick up my MIL and then go to see our 2 older granddaughters perform in their school's musical. They are 17 and 15 & delights to my heart. The older, Corinna is in her senior year and so is living with her biological father this year to finish out her school year. She is an A student and feels she has a better chance to get into college staying here in a school system she knows rather than having moved to Tampa with her Mom & stepfather & changing schools. The plane flights back & forth are horrendous and Nikki (my dtr) is so lonesome for her daughters still here. It is a hard decision to decide whether to move across country with her husband (having a great career move to Shriners International, or stay here in Spokane. I am so glad I never had to make a choice. Dan & I have been getting things ready here at home for winter as well as my Mom's house in Spokane. She is 93 & thinks she is more dependant that what she is. She does well with day to day things, but her yard that was always impeccable needs help. She will not ask for help, so we just kind of move in and have her do some little things to help us. Since we live 20 miles away, & Dan's work schedule doesn't always permit, we try to do as much as we can when we are there. I also realize that at 66, I am not as fast as I once was. Growing up on a farm, bucking bales, chopping up fallen trees, and threshing wheat etc, I seem to have slowed down and complain with those aches that I did not once have. Enough of that. When reading through all the posts, I was really amazed at the diverse group of ladies.

Patty, how many homing pigeons have not come home yet. I was a little alarmed when you noted only a few were back. Of course I know nothing of what to expect. I did "lik" your page and your jewelry on facebook, and shared your page on my site so others could see now talented you are.
Penny- your bonnets are beautiful. I am not a talented seamstress and marvel at little beauties like that. I choked up when I read your tribute to your Mom & her fabric card. Kids often take for granted special things parents do, & I was touched as you shared. It is people like your female inlaws that miss out on the goodness and gifts others have to bring, and I only hope that one day, they can see your kindnesses as a blessing.
Louella- I am interested in where you live and a bit about your life. I take from your name, you are no longer on a farm.
Linda- hope that construction is speeding along. Our house was built as we lived in it. Living every day with new piles of sawdust and scraps made me want to say those special 4 letter words. There just seems to be more than dust filling the air.
So PeggyAnn...no more Battle Ground huh? I hope your new digs are better suited. Would love to hear about it. There is NO snow on Mt Spokane yet, but it is coming. Our freezing temps have showed up with clear nights...not when there was precip. I am glad to have some time left. Leaves are just falling now. I remember too many times, when snow covered the ground b/4 leaves fell..& it was a mess in spring.
Brenda- a friend of my Mom...her son is working in No. Dak. Guess he is pulling down big bucks. He does something with a back hoe and is saving money so that he can come back to our area and be expense free when getting a little house. In this economy, it is nice to find work if one hasn't any. when you & others were discussing it, I pictured what happened in 1849 with the gold rush in Calif. Everybody flocked to make it rich and there were always those there to take their money or at least get their fortunes by hook or crook from others.
Lynn- I don't know you, but I was very touched by your pickles beets story. What a generous thing you did, that had farther reaching effects than what you thought...and what a generous son to think of his Mom. You were quite the blessing.
Darlys- hope your meeting went well and you are reaching your goal faster than what you might think. I also wanted to ask if you put those little packets of Starbucks in a regular envelope with your card..or if you put it in a larger envelope? Guess I am wondering if something like that is harmed as it goes through the post office...stamping it on through.
Ginny- my ears, no eyeballs perked up when I saw that someone had asked you about PEI. My Mom's father was born there and his whole family (that I know of) farmed there close to Vernon River. I am trying to find more out about her family for her. Her Dad moved out to Alberta as a young lawyer in 1915, & little is known about those left in PEI. I know that one of his brothers also was a practicing lawyer in Lewiston, Maine. But that is another story.
Oh Grace...you just made me tired as I read all the things you did yesterday. I think you must be able to work circles around me. You might have been pooped, but I had to take a nap after reading your work schedule. Whew!
Dianna- I hear there is a new earthquake faultline discovered in mid to lower Idaho. Is it anywhere near you? I was going to get out my Idaho AAA map & see where you are. I should know your area, just not recalling it.

Well...my fingers have blisters writing this much, and I'm sure you all are developing cataracts reading my epic. I hope you all are having a marvelous day. Actually, any day is good, this side of the dirt as I hear my 85 yo neighbor say. Blessings to you all! Oh...BTW, if you see some horrid spellings in this..it isn't my fault...it's my cataract that doesn't allow me to focus well on little print. Anyway...that's my story I'm telling now. Ta!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  3:33:48 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, I have been busy all day cleaning, crafting and listening to Christmas music. I wanted to share the picture of my time out doll. It was a breeze to make. There are several different easy instructions online. I am going to get a different cap and some curly hair to put under it. But for now, he still is a cute fellow. The first pic is without his "Super Hero" cape. The second is with. :)

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  4:41:33 PM  Show Profile
Patty, Very cute. They look so real standing in the corner.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  5:00:45 PM  Show Profile

Good evening ladies! I was looking something up and figured I'd stop by. Now that I know how to use the post its and sticky notes and notebook it's much easier!

Penny - Thank you for the link! I saw the article somewhere in passing but now I get to read it. I'm on my way back to the link after I post this. My Aunt and Uncle were married I think 73 years until last October 29th when my Uncle passed away. It was so sad! She is now in a nursing home but tells me she likes it. I love that movie The Notebook!

Lynn, I lived in North Dakota from the age of 5 until 10 and let me tell you, it's flat, wicked cold, and tons of snow. For a kid it was GREAT!! Other than it being so flat, I enjoyed it. I'm sure it's very different though witll all the growth but it's about time. It was like living in the 1950's even in the 1990's (when I last went back there).
I mentioned to my Mother the other day we should all move there now and get them a ranch house and all of us good jobs and she thought I was nuts! I think the response was more like "I'll never do that again!"

Judy - I have a large herb garden and grow chocolate mint for tea, is it the same thing? It is very good! I'm very glad to hear you are doing much better BTW! I hope you continue to heal and never have to go through shingles again!

Claudia and Brenda, ironically I pictured the same thing when Brenda talked of N.D., lol! I can just see the wild west shacks surrounding the bar, lol! In a way, it is exactly like that though!

Also Claudia, PEI isn't all that big so it should be very easy to find info on your family. You can use the LDS website for free you know. Also, at our library at least, they are starting a program where you can go in and look up your family on their computers and go into Ancestry.com I believe and it's free. It may be a national thing actually, you might want to check it out soon as I'm not sure if it's just for a month or longer.

Grace - Bless you! I wish I had that much energy in a week, lol! You certainly got your dirt manicure, lol! I call it dirt therapy, cheaper then a shrink!

Patty - what a cute little time out doll. I love the super hero cape on him. I had one of these, I wonder where it went?

Ok, back to the link, then I have to get ready to get up and take DH to Augusta tomorrow. He gets inserts for his shoes that were molded to his feet so hopefully he will be able to start walking again!!! I am so tired of him in a bed off my kitchen! Have a great weekend girls!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Go to Top of Page

mamalindalu
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Linda
Priest River Id.
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  5:38:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,
I am brand new in the sisterhood, and I am in Priest River, Idaho.
Being in my 60's, I am a little older than some of you.
My husband and I live on a 10 acre farm and try to live off the land as much as possible, raising chickens, turkeys and as much of our food as we can.
I look forward to sharing love, incuragement, information and ideas with you.

Mamalindalu #3576
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  6:12:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda, You will love it here. We are all sisters here and share everything. Step right in and join the crowd!!!!

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page