31 Posts

Linda
Priest River Id.
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  11:22:06 AM  Show Profile
Penny,

Don't give the matter a second thought!
I am still learning my way around this sight. I am not the most informed person when it comes to computers and I am sure I started the process wrong in the first place.
I already love this site and will be here for a long time .
I love being able to ask questions and the bond that forms between all of you as you get to know eachother.
Have a great day.

Recognize that no one is responsible for your life but you.~
Oprah Winfrey

Mamalindalu
Sister #3576
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  11:59:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
Thanks for explaining the sticky note thing. I have windows 7 at home so that should be easy to do. Work is another story. sometimes I think it operates on windows 0. Because it takes for ever fo anything to hapen. Probably an over workserver.

I don't work with to many of the special ed kids. I know the people who do are truly awesome.

It is sunny but cool here. My DH is helping our SIL get the roof on the addition to their house. They are redicting cold and rain for Monday so it has to get done this weekend.

I have pulled the sour dough bread out of the oven and I am ready to can the last of the pears before I start on apples. I am so late geting things done this year. normally I would be all done by now or close to it. Everything here jst seems to be taking for ever.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  2:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Heads up ladies, If your adding your name to the new b-day list, Be sure you don't give out all you info. and forget to send the b-day. I sent everything Penny would ever need about me, EXCEPT my b-day. So Nancy, it doesn't even take me time from reading a post and sending one back, that I forget what I'm doing. So glad Penny is keeping me in line. LOL. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  5:32:14 PM  Show Profile
OK...I went searching to see if I could have sent my birthday info in. Boy...I have no idea when that was or if I did. Seemed like I did, but since my birthday is in May...I just don't remember. Can someone refresh my mind and see if I am included on the list? I just wonder what other things I have forgotten!

Had lunch at Appleby's with my 15 yr old granddaughter. We chose that because they wouldn't kick us out after having our meal. Think we were there 2 hours talking & talking. It is so good to hit on the subjects they like to discuss and watch their eyes light up as I get to show how interested I am. Her older sister Corinna, flew to Tampa Friday to be with her Mom and also BTW, see Enrique Iglesias in concert. Swoon!!! I told her about me seeing Ricky Nelson when I was 13, and how we couldn't hear him sing because we were screaming too much. I told her how I had his pictures taped all over my bedroom walls. Ohhh, he could curl his upper lip just right as he sang "Poor Little Fool"....oh yeah!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  9:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Attention Attention Attention
Thank you to the new ladies that have sent me your birthday info...

But after going over this list of Old and New people I realized that when Peggy didnt the birthday list that she didn't have email address on it. I haven't put it on my list either but if you would like your email address included on the list I will be happy to put it on there...

So that being said I don't have the people on the first lists email address', which will make it hard for me to send you a new list...lol..so I am going to list the ones that I need email address' for...if you will just drop me a quick note that says birthday list on it and your name, I will add it to my email list so you will receive the birthday email list when I send it out...and if anyone (old and new) ladies would like for me to include their email adresses on the birthday list, let me know that too please...thanks so much

Patsy (craftbug)
Betty (desertwillow)
Becky (Beca)
CJ (ceejay48)
Patty (the byrdhaus)
Darlys (darlystippie)
Debra (debra e)
Eileen (Ellimae)
Ginny (Oggie)
Holly (TallHolly)
Linda (yarnmama)
Nancy (annielaurel)

Thanks again Ladies. I am going to give it about a week before I send everyone the list....if you have any questioned before then let me know...oh and one more thing when you get the list and check you info and make sure it is all correct and if it isn't just drop me a note...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  9:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Brenda, lol! Thats something I would do too! You know it is! Judy, what a joy to see your niece as well! Glad you are feeling better! Claudia, aren't the times with our gkids special?! My gdaughter's love is Justin Bieber, he he. Ricky Nelson was a cutie! Linda (Id), I am trying to figure this computer stuff out too! Nancy, the quilt sounds cute! Dianne, sour dough from the oven? Yum! I want to try a starter sometime. Is it hard to do? Penny and PeggyAnn, thank you for doing the bday lists. Will email you! Ok ladies, first, I am posting from my phone. Sorry that words are all close together? Now, prayers and thoughts please? My DD was a Borders employee for nearly 10 yrs. When they closed, *sad sigh*, she got a job at a local chistian bookstore. Seemed like such a heaven sent blessing. Some of you here even prayed with our family, thank you again! The job has been a nightmare and it is SO confusing! DD has cried many a nite. Most of the ladies she works with? Honestly are some of the most sanctimonious, rude, hypocritical people I have ever heard of!! Many customers arent much better. A simple, easy chat about chocolate can (and did, by the way ) turn into an over zealous, yelling lecture on the sin of glutony!! A simple comment on anything can turn into hateful bible lectures and scripture quotes thrown at you with the full intension to hurt and belittle! These women are just a bit on the nutty and evil side to me. Please pray with us about this? She hopes to find a different job, but, in the meantime, each day is pretty awful there. Our family, her friends are very confused by this whole thing. And sad that these women claim to represent a Loving God! Thanks for listening and for your prayers! Farmgirl hugs, linda (ks)

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  03:52:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! What a busy last few days. I have been up an hour reading old post...lol, just from the last few days. You girls are all so busy. I had a Fall Festival to go to this weekend. We did well, but not the best. After a few weeks of excellent shows, I suppose I am getting greedy...lol. Shame on me. The very first thing that sold was one of my Super Hero Capes. The little guy was so cute. He walked by our booth later with a smile on his face looking at us from the corner of his eyes. As if to say, "I want you to notice my nice cape, but I don't want you to know that I want you to notice". He was adorable.
I vow to stay home today and get some work done. I have so much to do and not enough of me to do it.

Claudia- I released 4 white homing pigeons for a pre bridal photo shoot on Set 19. None of them came home until the other day when the 2 surprised me (a month later). There are still 2 birds not accounted for and I don't suppose they will show. I had done chalked them all up as a loss, so was so surprised when the 2 came home. The pictures turned out beautiful. I will post some of them after the wedding. But I promised not to show off my birds until after the bride post pictures. :) I feel the same as you about the Kaddafy issue. And I use to agree with the death penalty but as I have grown older, I have changed my views on the issue. I always think about that persons family. No matter who the person is, there is always somebody that loves that person. Each one of us regardless of good or bad has a family that love us and care for us. I can't imagine what families of accused go through. The accused is somebody's child, sibling, parent or spouse, and they are loved by someone. And their hearts are breaking. BTW, Thanks for "liking" my Country Girls Gone Green" page.

Ginny- I have had some chocolate mint that a friend raises. I love the flavor. Next year I will have some planted in my herb bed.

Linda from Idaho - Welcome to this wonderful group of ladies! Stick around and I am sure you will enjoy the time spent here. :)

Peggy Ann - I just made me a new worm farm from a couple of square cat litter buckets. Not sure how it will work yet, but it is the same concept as my manufactured one. I took a spout off of a sun tea jug and put on the bottom bucket, drill holes in the top one and lined the bottom of it with that black anti weed cloth and set one bucket inside the other. I think it will work...lol.

Judy - It is so wonderful you got to spend time with your sissy. Family is the reason we moved back to Illinois from Ohio. :)

Dianne- I hope your guys got your roof done. :) I can smell the sourdough bread. Imagination is a powerful thing.

Linda in KS- Will pray for your DD. Everything works out for a reason, and I am sure she is where she is to be a blessing to someone else or for her own learning experience...And what a learning experience for her. I am sure with prayer the Lord will put her where she belongs, and where she is happy and comfortable.

Well ladies, have a wonderful day! I sneak back in here off and on to see what you are doing all day. I am kinda nosy like that. SO keep me posted. (smiles).

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  05:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Patty, can you post a link or some info to help me find your "Country Girls Gone Green" ?
I tried and couldn't find it
Linda PA

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  06:17:55 AM  Show Profile
Linda in PA - It is a Facebook page. Not sure if it can be access without being on FB. But here is the link. I don't have a regular web page..maybe someday. :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Girls-Gone-Green/294978530516397

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  07:21:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Ladies! Looks like a beautiful fall morning here, as sunshine comes thru my window! Patty, I am going to check out that fb page! Ladies, I would like to say how sorry I am with my previous post. It came from the hurt and confusion of a mother's heart. I sounded bitter and mean myself, that was wrong. Whatever reason and for however long she is at this job, the Lord is still in control and will guide her. In my own anger and frustrations? I am SO thankful for His grace and forgiveness to each of us here, as in our human ways we all, make mistakes daily! Well, today I hope to at least finally start on some long overdue projects!! I hope everyone has a good day. Will check in later and see what everyone is up to! Farmgirl blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  07:36:47 AM  Show Profile
Linda KS- We are here for you to vent...lol No apologies needed for sure. Sometimes safer to vent to us than others. :)We have all been in your shoes and hate to see our children go through troubles and trials. We are all daughters, sisters, mothers. We have all shared this kind of pain. Feel free to vent. :) We are here for you.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  07:58:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh Patty, I am sitting here crying. Thank you! Gosh, I just love MJF and the friendships here! Everyone is such a blessing! I just began to realize that in my own hurt and venting, I was sounding just as wrong as those I was venting about I think! One day and one step at a time right?? Lol! So grateful and blessed by my farmgirl sisters! And in 2 wks, Brenda( Classygram) and her DH are coming to visit! Cant hardly wait! And cant wait to share with all of you our antics! Lol! Maybe between her DH and my DD, we can learn to post some pics of our visit on here?? Ok, tea and balcony time! Then I really need to get busy on my projects! Farmgirl hugs and blessings to y'all! Linda(ks)

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  08:03:57 AM  Show Profile
Linda as hard as it is for your DD at this new job, She has a good relationship with God and that is where her focus should remain. I know she has a love for books and there she is surround by them. If she can just do her job and enjoy what she's doing, it's not for her to have them like or agree with her, and she doesn't have to please them if it's not with what she believes. Only God is who she wants to please and spend time with. I know that 8 long hrs a day is a long time when others are not being nice. But if she can vision the wonderful friends she has outside of the work place, that will bring a smile to her face. I still believe that God has placed her there for one reason or another. Time will tell. Prayers being sent for her to find some peace within her as long as she is in this situation. Hugs,Brenda

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  08:55:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
It is a beutiful morning here Ga. The leaves are turning and the sun is shining. I have been out of town and our bird feeders have been empty for the last 2 weeks. I went out and put suflower seeds in the feeders and befor I could turn around the birdies were back. It looks like an express way the birds are flying in and out. Amazing!!!
Our Friend Tim just came by for coffee and he brought freshly made donnuts. They were so yummy! He was saying his goodby's to us. He has lived here in Ga for the last 25 years and is moving back to Ohio. (He is from Canton off of Whipple, Judy) He got a job there and will be around his other brothers and sisters. It is hard for us to see him go. (he has been part of our chosen family for these 25 yrs) But we are happy for him. We have supported him through many ups and downs of his life. A marriage, a child whom we love like our own, a divorce, then drugs (BAD!) and then him being straight for the last 6 yrs. What a journey and what a blessing for I see his faith becoming stronger and maturing. God is Good!
Gotta go and sit on the porch swing. Want to pondering on this a little while and watch the birdies at the feeders.

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  10:07:36 AM  Show Profile
Lordy Ladies! I am only gone for a couple of days (company in Oakhurst) and suddenly there are about five pages for me to catch up on! I only have a moment as we are still in the mountains - but .... I have to give a birthday shout out to Patsy. Your card is in your mailbox, girlfriend.

Welcome to our community to our new farmgirls. I'll have to go back and do a proper welcome when I get back to Cupertino. That means really reading (not just skimming) your posts and getting to know you.

There you are, Debra e! I've been watching for you to thank you so much for the beautiful birthday bookmark and sentiment with it. It is very special.

Linda (ks) -- this is where we share and not only does our Lord understand feelings -- we do, too. And there is no judgment here ... only hugs and a whole lot of stories about difficulties, about hurt and frustrations, and about our concern for our children and grandchildren and even our great grandchildren. We will pray for you and with you and -- since we are all saints AND sinners ... we will share our frustrations, our triumphs, our sadness and pain, and our joys - and our caring with each other. One thing I always carry with me is that our Lord is the Lord of the second chance, third chance, fourth chance, fifth chance .... and on and on and on. We may not be perfect but we are forgiven and that alleviates a lot of guilt. So, as you share your daughter's unhappiness, know that we are here for you (and so is the Almighty.) I sure didn't mean to carry on ... but I AM so sorry about the attitude in that bookstore!

Everyone ... I'll be back tomorrow. Gosh, there might be another coupla pages by then. I guess my Monday will flatten my tush as I catch up in our neighborhood.

It's a lovely day in Oakhurst ... later, ladies ...

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  11:43:55 AM  Show Profile
Morning to you all. I'm still in my robe...shame.. and I need to get to my today's agenda. Linda (KS), what I thought when I read your post was that your daughter was in the exact spot she needed to be...& of course with God...nothing is for one reason. I thought of a few. I think that God really thinks "hothouse" plants are beautiful, but He takes them out and gradually "hardens" them up to withstand different temps, winds, a few weeds etc. That doesn't mean that He wants our hearts to be hard, but for us to be Strong in His might. He also wants us to put on the "full armor of God to withstand the firey darts." We often forget to do this. The world is cold and because of sin, it isn't easy to be among all the "weeds" along the way. He also may have gotten this job for her (I was one of those praying for her when Borders closed), so that she could shine as light amidst the darkness. Light and darkness can not coexist.. and bringing a little light in will gradually bring in more light. He may also want a big change in people who call Him Lord, but not living His way, as they are not being a very good witness to His character & life. But first thought for me...as I read your post, is that we often judge people too quickly. We are a judgmental nation. Look how politics are. Instead of praying for our President and leaders, I hear nothing but jeers and nasty jokes. It happened with Pres. Bush, and now Pres.Obama. We are called to PRAY and not judge. Christians sin...everybody sins, and it is time that we realize that just because one is in a Christian "atmosphere", or business, we are all just a pack of sinners. We need to let God deal with these Christian coworkers and pray for them, so that the scales will fall off their eyes and they may see what they have been doing. Bless your daughter!! Bless you! May I say, that this group of ladies are marvelous and lived enough life to understand how life is not squeeky clean.. and that we all need to be given a bunch of grace for the moment. Ooops, just slid off my soapbox. Sorry if I offended anyone. I just couldn't make these fingers quit. Blessings on all of your days!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Edited by - buffypuff on Oct 23 2011 11:54:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  1:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I'm reposting both of these just so I am sure everyone gets a chance to see them....

quote:
Originally posted by Acelady02

ATTENTION WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS LADIES!!!!!!!

I am going to help our sweet Peggy out with the birthday list. If you haven't already sent Peggy your birthday info and your address and if you would like, you can include your phone number, then send it to me....For the newbies I will include the birthday list that we already have. I think what I will do is instead of adding to the list that Peggy has all ready done (cause I think that would confuse some, lol(mostly me) I will make a new one with just the new people and then include the old list when I email out the list...does that make sense? Sometimes I can get people a little confused, either way...once I get the new list together it will make since..lol So...I'm ready, just do me one favor, please at the top of the email, place "Birthday List" thanks so much...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  1:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just want to make sure everyone gets to see this...I might post again o Wed. Then after my DH birthday pig pickin party on Sat and everyone goes home Sunday...I should have it all together to email out....thanks every one.
quote:
Originally posted by Acelady02

Attention Attention Attention
Thank you to the new ladies that have sent me your birthday info...

But after going over this list of Old and New people I realized that when Peggy did the birthday list that she didn't have email address on it. I haven't put it on my list either but if you would like your email address included on the list I will be happy to put it on there...

So that being said I don't have the people on the first lists email address', which will make it hard for me to send you a new list...lol..so I am going to list the ones that I need email address' for...if you will just drop me a quick note that says birthday list on it and your name, I will add it to my email list so you will receive the birthday email list when I send it out...and if anyone (old and new) ladies would like for me to include their email adresses on the birthday list, let me know that too please...thanks so much

Patsy (craftbug)
Betty (desertwillow)
Becky (Beca)
CJ (ceejay48)
Patty (the byrdhaus)
Darlys (darlystippie)
Debra (debra e)
Eileen (Ellimae)
Ginny (Oggie)
Holly (TallHolly)
Linda (yarnmama)
Nancy (annielaurel)

Thanks again Ladies. I am going to give it about a week before I send everyone the list....if you have any questioned before then let me know...oh and one more thing when you get the list and check you info and make sure it is all correct and if it isn't just drop me a note...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 24 2011 6:16:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  1:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Patty, thanks for the link. I have facebook so it worked. I am enjoying it.
Linda in PA

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  2:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Claudia, I am with you on our judgmental nature.

Linda (Ks), I thought of this verse when I read your post about your daughters job.

Matthew 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

But it is so hard to do some days. Love your enemies and pray for those who don't love you. My nature is to get hurt instead of be mad when someone has conflict with me. But I feel as I get older I am getting tougher. I am MOST sure that God is backing me up on some of that. ERRRR! I am woman hear me roar! (Hee! Hee!) I pray for your daughter's strength, courage, and wisdom to be the Christian God wants her to be (at her job and in her life) In fact I pray that for all us Farm Gals! Now... I am stepping off the soap box.

Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  5:52:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! We actually saw the sun yesterday and today...so nice. BUT...back to rain tomorrow, I think. We had a really heavy(1st) frost last night. Very white at 8:30 this morning.
Linda(kansas)that's a shame about your DD's new job. A REAL shame that such people can hide themselves behind God's robes and still call themselves Christian! I'm so sorry to hear that!
Claudia, I'd love to hear your Gr-Daughter singing with her group again. I really enjoyed their beautiful voices in that other e-tape you sent me. It brought back so many warm memories of my H.S. Choir concerts and contests! mmmmmmmm AppleBee's...great choice. Love their food! When we were young, my Sister and I had our picture taken with Tony Dow of "Leave It Too Beaver." We were a young teen and pre-teen, but ...WOW...it was soooo cool! (swoon is right) Made our young hearts go pitty-pat! And we both loved Ricky Nelsons voice&appearance!....shoot...Mom never missed an "Ozzie & Harriet" show either. Daddy just grinned at us!
Well, Patsy got home around 7 PM tonight so after she gets cauht-up reading all these posts *snicker*... we're talking days here...teehee....she'll be back with us. I'm hoping I can make it 'til Spring now, fo my next Sissy-Fix! *sigh*
Well, time for a hot cuppa and a good read! I'm having Vanilla Honeybush. Another interesting new Stash tea. I like it!
G'Nite Ladies..... Sweet dreams!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  03:24:12 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning farmgirls, I've been up since 4:30 and was sitting here with my tea and was thinking about the day ahead. I use to be the kind that as soon as my feet hit the floor, I was up and at it. Ok, I know that being almost 60 things change. But I just can't get my mind on getting things done. I live in a fairly small duplex so there not a huge amount to clean. But I always seem to find a good book, or have phone calls to do, doing for mom, running grandkids or helping with a project, like making a outfit for granddaughters first jr. high dance at school. It's a halloween dance and she wants to be a sexy devil. We'll See!!!!! Then we have the new baby coming in March and I look for things on line that I could make, but as of yet, I've done nothing. I really need to get my self motivated, what do you do first thing you get up and get yourself going? My mind is busy all day, making plans and ideas, yet it doesn't get even started. I got more done when I was working full time. Any suggestions would be greatly received. More tea and list making that will just keep growing. Have a good day, however you spend it! Hugs, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  05:12:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies! You have blessed me greatly with your kind words and prayers and support! Thank you so much! It means a lot to know others are and have been praying! My DD and I spent the day and late into evening at my other DD and Gkids house yesterday. Just a day of being silly and laughing which was needed by all of us! It was great! Brenda, I think often we all struggle with that. It is just hard to get focussed and get going sometimes for sure! Often when we do? The body does not want to cooperate or something else comes up to get us off track. Making to do lists used to help me, not so much anymore?! Well, time for that AM cup and also hoping to somewhat plan the day! Check in later on. Hope everyone has a good day! Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  05:36:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Using this notepad has worked so well for me. I no longer have to go up and down and make hand notes
till I am blue in the face. And it saves so much time. Hurray! Thanks so much!
Happy Birthday Eileen. I know it was yesterday but I am still going to wish you Happy Birthday today.
You can keep celebrating as long as you want. I like to keep it going if I can.

Linda KS I hope your DD is feeling better about her work situation. Always feel free to vent about
what is bothering you. We have loving hearts and big shoulders to lean on. No judgement here.

Penny you are so nice to do the birthday list. I don't know where you find the time to do all that you do.
What a kind and caring person you are.

Brenda, I know what you mean about not getting as much done as when you were working. I used to get
so much done I can't believe how fast my day goes by and I still haven't accomplished anything. I can't seem to
get going and when I sit to have a cup of tea for 15 minutes it turns into 45 minutes. But I have a retired DH who
loves my company. We enjoy each other so he likes me to go places like Lowe's and Home Depot with him and he
also likes thrift stores and antique places. So somedays we do that and I get nothing else done. No use hurrying
though, I say, just enjoy everyday. What I do is make a list of what I want to do and then I force myself to
complete one or two things before I start another. When I do sewing projects I watch musical videos or rather I
mostly listen to them. I have this collection of Fred Astaire / Ginger Rogers VCRs and the 1940s musicals. I like to
have the music and dancing going while I sew. I have all the Shirley Temple videos, too.

Glenda, I hope you will post a picture of one of your gourd dolls when you finish one. I would love to see how they '
look.

Right now I have to get to it. I am making some place mats for my DD for Christmas and a table
runner for a friend. the quilt I made has to wait for some fabric I ordered for a border.

Hugs and more hugs,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  07:09:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Ok I don't have sticy note on this version at work, so I am trying out note pad. We will see how it works. It was under accessories.
Just like Glenda said.

First let me say it was a busy but productive weekend. The pears are done and I saved some for pear butter. Now all I have to do is apples.
I am so far behind:( But we have not had a frost yet. They are pradicting several this week. Cover the tomatos! I still have so many that
are not ripe or even close.

Most of the roof is on and the felt so at least it is water proof if it rains. My DH and SIL plus some friends worked all weekend to get it
that far.

Hi Brenda I know what you mean about motivation. Some days I have zip.:( Hope you find something to motivate you.

Linda I just wanted you to know that I am praying for your DD and her job situation. I know God has here there for a reason, but that does
not make it easier. I am glad you and both of your DD's had a good day together. A laugh is a powerful thing.

Well the bell has rung and I need to move. I really am begaining to dislike Mondays. Atleast we only have 3 days this week. Yea!!

Dianne

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page