True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  02:46:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning farmgals!
Chilly here this morning. I had a busy day yesterday... hope you don't mind me bombarding you with pics. I started out my day testing gluten free recipes for the Easy Bake ovens. What fun! I can't wait for my granddaughters to get here for the holidays. All my grandchildren are 10 and under. I went to the thrift store and picked up a few clothes for them. My DIL posted on facebook yesterday "Yay for The Salvation Army! I just brought home a sack full of great clothes for the kids and I. Looks like we're all set for the cold weather ahead!!". I raised my kids to all be thrifty and love it that my DIL is as well. I made a label to put on the clothes I picked up to give it the "new" look. I washed and ironed the clothes, printed the label out, hole punched it and put it on with a string. They are just so darn cute! I have to tell you, my kids do make fun of me. But I know it is their way of saying that they do love me...lol.
After my shopping trip, I made a Garden tiki torch from a wine bottle. Idea and directions I found on pinterest. I am going to make a few of them for Christmas gifts and sell some at my events as well.
Yesterday evening I took 2 of my birds to a wedding. They were beautiful! The wedding was not far from here and they did beat me home. I let a young bird out yesterday and she didn't go back in the coop last night and I did not see her outside of the coop in the trees or on the roof, so I am a bit worried and can't wait for daylight to check on her again.

Brenda- Poor granddaughter...lol. Did you tell her that you were practicing for when we are old and have old timers and can't remember stuff?

Cindy and Mary- Welcome, I hope you enjoy you time with us! This is a great bunch of gals.

PeggyAnn- - Pinterest is a great virtual bulletin board that you can pin things on the web that interest you. You can follow others and their interest as well. I have told my kids to go on pinterest and create a wishlist for Christmas so I can see it. I will see if I can duplicate any of it...lol.

Kathleen- If you haven't been on Pinterest, you should check it out. You will get loads of handmade ideas and decorating ides for your Christmas gifts and your Christmas family get-together.

Dianne- Send me your snail mail address and I will get a rabbit pattern mailed out to you.

Well, off to get some laundry started and tidy up the house. I am determined to get the sewing and crafts off the dining room table and back into the sewing room where they belong...lol.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Oct 30 2011 02:48:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  03:29:38 AM  Show Profile
Good am ladies! Patty, I Love the pics! Mel, what are the steps to find notepad on xp? Clearly, I am not doing it right. I am not good with computer stuff. Sure want to learn tho! My GD enjoying her weekend here. Always fun when the gkids visit! Hope everyone is doing ok this am. Were any of you affected by the snowstorms? I am lovin fall! Not really ready for snow at all, lol! Have a great day, everyone! Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  04:46:47 AM  Show Profile
You gotta admit, this is funny!

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  06:47:46 AM  Show Profile
Patty, Lol, that's too funny!! Well, had my 1st cup of tea. My DD making bfast and scones for us later. Yum! Check in later. Farmgirl hugs, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  07:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,
I am in snow storm area. Got a few inches here...wet and heavy is the problem.
I am in the city and power lines down over roads. I just read tens of thousands out of power in PA.
Total 2 million including several ne states...hits record for power out.
We have generators for elevator and emergency doors for going out only. None in our apts. Wonder how long this will last. I'm gonna borrow flashlight for later. Nice sun coming in windows thank God.
When my phone runs out of power I'm taking it to car and use gas to charge it. Gotta have my cell...internet and all.
How is anyone else affected?
Hugs, Linda in PA

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  09:07:01 AM  Show Profile
Linda - I was shocked to see so much damage so early in the season on last night's news. Stay safe and warm. I don't want to be without my cell either.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  11:53:15 AM  Show Profile
Geeezz Linda...and all you girls hit by the weather. I was so surprised to see the news this morning and what had happened to you. We have had cold weather, but raked most of the leaves already down. Good compost. It was 27 this morning...much warmer than 18. Back to the applesauce today. I have been freezing the applesauce, but decided I should can the rest of it, however, our new stove is a glass top, and after reading about "non-flat" bottom canners are a problem with glass tops. Have never had one before and I have liked it so far, but I must do some more searching about what to do. My hot water bath canner is not flat...but my old Presto pressure canner is. Think I am a little leary about doing that.

I got an invite to Pinterest, now I have to have the time to see how to use it. Not today though. I went to the closest Goodwill the other day, and there are more people there than what I have seen in the past. Lots of summer clothing for sale. I think the economy has hit more than we think. I have heard so many "Walmart" jokes about those who buy there...but I think many are shopping there for bargains that other stores aren't offering. Thank God for bargains.

I hope you all have a blessed day and enjoy your settings...but for those in the NE, may you get your power back and be safe.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  2:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Linda(Pa) stay safe! Hope they can restore elec to everyone soon! Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  2:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Linda....steps to find notepad...click START.....PROGRAMS.....ACCESSORIES....NOTEPAD. That should get you there! :)

Patty...the Tiki Light....VERY NICE! Your birds are BEAUTIFUL! And the tag is just too CLEVER! Loved Witch HaHa! What name are you showing on Pinterest? I didn't find you by email. www.Pinterest.com/kirksmom71 Find me so I can follow you!

Claudia....Pinterest will suck you in and you can hardly escape! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  3:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome home Peggy....both here and in your new abode! Sounds like you are settling in!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  4:04:34 PM  Show Profile
Mel- You are much more addicted than I, but I have not been on long...lol.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  4:22:35 PM  Show Profile
Patty, thanks for the pictures. I love your used clothing tag idea. I may have to steal your idea someday and create my own logo. also your wine bottle torch is cool!

Claudia, I am also leary of my glass stove top. I am keeping my eyes open for a good, clean, used stove so I can can in the garage.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  4:27:55 PM  Show Profile
How do I get on Pinterest? What kind of address do they want: e-mail, postal office, I don't know what they mean and also how do I get invited on?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  4:46:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to Cindy&Mary! Glad to see some more "Older&Wiser's" on here!
Our local paper today showed pics of the snow in N.J. & Pa. So crazy/so early for that. I pray your power will be restored really soon!
I liked both the tiles and the paper walls Patty. Loved the Oz poster too. *giggle*
When I was younger, Patsy & I shared a half-bath and I wanted to(foil)the walls. I'd seen one of my mothers womens magazines with the foil idea in it and I thought,"How Cool!!" They just glued foil(Reynolds wrap) to the walls and if it wrinkled GREAT, it added to the coolness! hahaha I was a teenager, so COOL was in then!I figured it would really brighten it up too since it was so small. Unusual things always fascinated me....hmmmm....I wonder why I never did it? I should try it in a closet now. Nobody would see it but me. hahaha
Well, off to tea and a book!
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 30 2011 8:14:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  4:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, You can be invited by me or any other user with your email address.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  5:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I email everyone the birthday list it will be coming from my personal email and the subject line will say birthday list over 50 farmgirls.

Becky(Beca) Eileen(Ellimae) Holly(Tall Holly) and Linda(yarnmamma) I didn't have your email addresses so I sent your list from here...

If anyone has any questions just email me

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 30 2011 5:24:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  7:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for the birthday list. That had to be alot of work on your part. A BIGGGGGG hug from me!!!

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  7:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
You are so welcome Jan, it really didn't take to long, I enjoyed doing it...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  8:10:51 PM  Show Profile
Penny girl...got the list. Thank you so much!
You rock girlfriend!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  8:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Judy...:)

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  11:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Patty...you are so creative. Love the used clothes tag. Are the birds in the cage for a wedding or just
for decore? The Wizard of Oz Witch...says it all! Loved It!! LOL

Mel...thanks for the Welcome Home. I got a little more settled into the house today. Pictures on the walls
etc. My current goal is to unpack 3-4 boxes a day. Or less if I am feeling too worn-out. My husband and a couple of friends say that I look very tired. I do feel that way...but so happy to have made it this far.
The worst part is behind me now.

Linda...wow that was a huge surprise in your area...all that snow. Glad we are just getting rain. We get about 1 or 2 weeks of snow here all winter. That is one of the reasons we moved here. We came from snow country (Spokane and Montana). Seen all the snow (in quantity) than I ever want to see again.

Penny...thanks for doing the Birthday List. I don't have my printer hooked up yet, so will have to print it later. Thanks for all your hard work.

My son and DIL to be...said tonight "You've already made this house more cozy and comfortable than we did in the whole year we lived here. Will you come help us make our new house feel like a home too?" Isn't that sweet? I have always said that God gave me the ability to turn any house into a Home. A Haven from the chaos and clutter of the World. But it makes me feel good that the younger generation can feel the differance too. And I told them that I would be happy to help them. Makes this Mom feel like she is still needed by her children.

Well girls...I'm off to call it a day. Glad to have you all in my life and to benefit from your wisdom and love. Blessings, Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  02:39:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, waiting for the sun to come up and thought I would have a cuppa with you before I start my day. I have been playing Christmas music and working on gifts. I started making calendars for all the kids with pictures of their families several years ago and it has become a Christmas Gift tradition. Lord, what was I thinking...lol. It is alot of work, but they can all keep track of birthdays of their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings and now nieces and nephews. In the back I list all of their addresses. Since 4 kids are military their addresses change frequently so they can look up in the back of the calendar when they want to send cards out. I need to start on them soon or I will never get them done. My to do list includes finishing the opposite side of my "paper bag" wall. I picked up more paper bags this weekend.

Cheryl- My prayers for you and your hubby. I have walked your shoes with my hubby. I know the trials, triumphs, and emotions. I LOVE pinterest. http://pinterest.com/thebyrdhaus . I did find you and am now following your boards.

Thelma - Did you figure out the pinterest site? It is a fun site. Thanks for the Kudos you sent my way. I think the tag was a good idea. It just gives the used clothing a "new" appearance. I am determined to do this eco-friendly Christmas this year and will buy used clothing, toys, make my own or barter for gifts. It has been fun so far and I don't feel the stress believe it or not.

Judy - The foil wall sounds fun! So why did you not do it? I am thinking here, maybe I could find a wall... Maybe try it on a garage wall first. :) It would look cool in the garage with the tools and diamond plate thingys.

Penny- Thanks for the Birthday list. But I am still 10 years younger than it list me, I am 52 and holding...lol.

Linda (PA)- I so hope the snow keeps it's distance from us for awhile. I am not looking forward to winter. I am thinking "why would we come to Illinois...should have went South". I hope your power was not off long.

PeggyAnn- The birds were at a wedding on Sat. They will be in another one this Sat. I am so nervous every time they have a job. I lost a bird yesterday. My youngest bird was out and my hubby's dog decided to chase it down.... can I interest anyone in a pigeon eating Yorkie? I was so upset all afternoon. The dog is literally in the dog house. He will have to stay in his kennel until I cool down anyway.
Glad you are all moved and settling in. Do you feel home? It all just happened so quick. :) It sounds like you are loving it!

I have a very busy day today. Meeting with the bride for the bird release this weekend. 3 necklaces to make and 2 will be picked up today. I don't sell on etsy and I don't have a web page, but I do have a page on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Girls-Gone-Green Come and check it out and "LIKE" my page. Tomorrow I am picking a fan of the page at random for a spoon necklace.

Well, I am determined to stay off the computer, this forum and pinterest and get my dining room table cleaned off and everything put back into the sewing room where it belongs today. Funny, I had that same determination yesterday and it didn't happen...but it will today. Off to get busy. Have a wonderful day.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  04:07:11 AM  Show Profile
Penny thank you so much for the birthday list. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  05:13:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

I see that I am not up as early as you are Patty. You are so busy with all those calendars. A good tradition for your family especially with the pictures. I am also in the middle of making Christmas presents for 3 nieces and my daughter's family. It is so difficult finding a good gift for my SIL. This year I am going to make him a throw blanket he can use while he watches TV. They live near the beach and it gets cool there in the evening so everyone ususally has a blankie with them while they sit to watch TV or read. I love your idea for the Garden Tiki torch. Looks like it is not too hard to make either. It is so clever and looks so nice hanging up there.

Stay safe on the icy roads and with all that snow. My SIL sent some pictures from New York in the Brewster area where she lives. It does look very beautiful but so early in the year was not expected. No snow for me. I lived in New York City for 1 year as a child and that was enough snow for me. Those snow suits on and off at school was too much. So here I am now with rain! LOL In California everyone always fears the earthquakes. In all my life that I lived there I only experience 2 stong ones and they weren't too bad. I come to Florida where the last hurricane that hit this town was in 1963 and what do I find? Tornados!! Yes, when we get bad thunder storms we get lots of lightening and sometimes there can be tornados. Well, I am more afraid of a tornado than an earthquake. At least in an earthquake I know what to do.

Penny I got your list this morning. Thank you for all your work on it. You did a lot of work and we appreciate it.

Peggy You sound so happy to be settling in at last. That is so sweet what your son said to you. Now you can go to his house and help him and his wife to be make their place cozy and warm. What a gift to be able to do that with a house.

I think I will have to get on Pinterest. It sounds so interesting. I have been lured into it and my curiosity is leading me along. Now I have to find out all about it. I know I am going to like it.

I am off to have breakfast, a walk with the dog and into the sewing room to make some Christmas gifts.

Hugs to you all, :+)

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  06:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick note then will come back later to post more.

I am so happy that everyone likes the birthday list.

Judy I corrected yours, sorry about that...lol...I sent out the new list with your correct info....also I tried to go to your facebook page and it said not available, but I did find it so going to post the link here so others can find it too...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Girls-Gone-Green/294978530516397

I love all you ladies, thank you so much for being here for me....I look forward to reading this board every morning.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page