doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  09:26:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody. My daughter called me Friday at noon and said jump in your car and come for the weekend, so I did...just left everything here and off we went, me and my two little companions, Lola and Penny. Well when I got back last night my computer had decided it needed a lot of updates, which have now screwed it up, I can't download the pictures. I have 64 bit operating sytem and when the updates are 32 bit it messes it up and I have to straightn it out = thought I had it set for manual downloads only but here I am with a mess again. Anyway I did get your email this morning penny thanks so much for all the hard work, I see you have already done the corrections and resent it, so dont change it again but if everybody would just put the last 4 digits of my phone number 9952, not 9962. Its an easy mistake and i may have sent to you wrong.
Will catch up later. Glenda
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  09:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

I haven't been on but once since I got home from my trip to NC. I'm having issues with my photo suite and I can't open my downloads that I took off my camera. I've done it twice now and it still doesn't work. I will attach photos as soon as I can figure it out. I may have to use another computer.

The wedding was lovely, the weather couldn't have been better and the trip both ways was very good except for some turbulence on the way home. There were 60 people at a country wedding held in the front garden of my daughters home. They have 4 acres and their house is to the back so they have this lovely park like setting. The bride was married by the same preacher and under the same archway her sister was and everything was decorated in fall colors with pumpkins, mums, gourds and even had an old tractor in the decorations. The reception was held in the same place, under a tent with all the tables decorated for fall. My granddaughter mad three wedding cakes all shaped like pumpkins, one a regular, one diabetic and the other a smaller one a gluten free cake. There were leaves, mushrooms, and acorns made out of fondant and painted the appropiate colors laid around the cakes. I'll make sure to include a photo of the cakes when I get the problem solved. The bride wore white but her attendants wore brown and the groom and his groomsmen wore brown suits. The quilt I made them was put on the table as a cover for the wedding gifts to be placed on. My grandson played the music and played the guitar, banjo and dulcimer. He is something else as he plays the piano, drums and trumpet as well. You should hear him play taps at a military funeral.

I helped my granddaughter with her cakes as my daughter had classes that week. She went back to school for her medical assistant license. She's a CNA now. Only josh is left at home and he graduates in June and goes on to college as an ROTC student. We got to go to a quilt shop that my daughter shops at and I know the owner from way back. I also brought home enough material from my daughters stash to make another queen size quilt. I also went to the ocean up at Ft. Macon, an old army fort. It was one of the things I wanted to do while I was there. After being in the desert so long I don't miss a chance to go to the ocean.

I received my updated birthday list....many thanks. My mama hen hatched three babies the day after I left and thank to my neighbor who watches my animals for me, they are doing fine. She's a full grown Wyandotte but her babies are Old English game bantams. I don't think she cares though.

You all were so busy while I was gone. I expected to go over page 100 but didn't expect it to go to 114. Wow!

Since coming home I've moved my sewing into the guest bedroom so hubby wouldn't fuss about the mess. I can't put everything away each day and take it out again. It takes to long and I often only spend 10-20 minutes at a time in there when I have a few extra minutes. I rearranged things and it all fits. I even bought a lap top to plug my embroidery machine into. It was kind of a pricey thing to do just for sewing but when this pc goes out and it will as it's 8 years old, then I have another computer to set up with my e-mail and cards, labels and such all ready.

Well, I'm off to get some yard work done. It's nice outside but in a couple of days our temps are going to drop and frost is likely and I still have some irrigation lines to wrap before it does and also take my timers off. I water manually in the winter if I water at all.

Bye ladies. You all are the greatest. Hugs, Betty
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  10:01:33 AM  Show Profile
WOOHOO! My MJF came today... but I don't have time to sit down and look at it. :(

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  10:10:45 AM  Show Profile
Happy Halloween sisters. Do I believe in spirits? Just one. The Holy spirit of God.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  10:36:51 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning...just a quick hop on to say...Yes, loving the new house. More than I thought I would even.
Loving more space. Can't wait to set up my office and craft area..but have to wait on the owner to lay down
tile in my kitchen, office/craft room and laundry room. I am praying she doesn't take too long. But she is going through a divorce...so I am not her number one priority. I keep reminding myself to be patient...good things come to those who wait.

Well, off to run errands with hubby, today is his last day off for 10 days. Gotta make it count.

Love You Bodatious Babes!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  11:06:06 AM  Show Profile

Hey Patty ... our 49ers won yesterday for the 5th in a row. WooHoo. Maybe this is the year we finally get our act together again. I guess the glory days when Joe Montana and Steve Young other big names were dazzling us are gone. But the season start is looking good.

Last year our Giants won the World Series ... against the Rangers, too. We were so! so! so! celebrating.

And, btw, I absolutely love all your photos! We have so many wine bottles ("a little wine for thy stomach's sake" - St. John) that I may be able to implement that cute idea.

Absolutely loved your "witchy" chick-flick pic!

Glenda, are you sending us a picture of your sexy devil in her costume?

We got home from Oakhurst last night to see all the halloween candy out in 2 huge bowls. I asked DS about it. He said "I got hungry for candy and I knew it was around here someplace" (in the hall closet). "So when I found it," he said, "I discovered an open bag. You had already gotten into it - so I figured I'd just open them all."

Welcome to Mary and Cindy. Hey, I'm trying to keep up!

All you farmgirls on the East Coast dealing with the weather and power outages. You are in my prayers that you are all okay and that things will get back to normal soon. Linda, the pictures are dramatic! Keep us posted as you can.

Penny - today's Resignation Day. How are you and your DH going to celebrate? With a sigh of relief for sure, I'll bet.

Thank you for all your work on the birthday list. Feels good to be so connected.

Patty & Mel - do you have to be on facebook or twitter to get Pinterest? I got an invite but it looked like I had to get on through FB or twitter. And I'm not on either one. I did see a bookcase door on their preview site. I actually designed, and had three solid cherry bookcase doors made for this house about 8 years ago. They look and work great but do need piano hinges to handle the weight of books.

PeggyAnn, I'm glad you are finally moved. It's good to have you back, gf. Wished I'd sent more VIA when you said it saved the day. I'm glad you had such a lovely birthday - and it sounds like you are now in a place where you can get revitalized. I hope your fibro takes a leave of absence and lets you putter to your heart's content in unpacking and getting settled.

Nancy, sometimes I wonder .... I read what you are saying and some of the similarities in our lives are just amazing. It first struck me when you said you were married to Mr. Charming as a teenager -- me, too. There have been other "clicks" along the way ... and now you described my hair! (I'm going to get it cut today!) Your hubby sounds sweet .... "come and see this." I hear it all the time. My DH, I swear, gives meaning to the expression "joined at the hip."

Cheryl, know that your husband is in many powerful prayers when you share with this bunch of farmgirls.

Betty, I think since we all got our sticky notes, notepads, etc. going we are flying with the posts. What a wonderful trip you had. It sounds like everything was just perfect. And to come home to three new chicks, awwww. Precious.

Well, gals, this is going to be the week that was for me. My dishwasher quit ... and y'know I have to make a lunch on Wednesday to feed all the Thursday volunteers. The repairman says he can make it out Wednesday morning. So, here's hoping it can even be fixed. It's 11 years old now - but it's a Bosch and they do tout "lifetime service" -- I may have to revert to the "old fashioned" way for a while .... but why now ?

Then come Thursday, I won't be around for a while but will get some pictures of the Junque Sale to share. I'm bringing the laptop to Maui so I"ll be occasionally connected there. With "nothing to do but sit on the beach" I may be connected more!

Well, I've gotta get this ball rollin', gfs. Much to do (and my dining room table needs to be cleared off, too!)

Happy Halloween! Did someone say "treat?"

Chocolate Kisses ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  2:17:28 PM  Show Profile
Happy Halloween eveeryone,

Today is my partner's 50th birthday. We did her party yesterday and had a wonderful time. We have three friends who are sisters and they are very creative and crafty. they made cupcakes for the party. There were supposed to be 50 but since most recipes make 24 there were really 68 cupcakes but that was more fun and more to eat. I did take pictures but..... Well, a friend who came to the event is computer savvy and she said that she would show me how to load pictures onto a website so I could then show them off here. the long and short of it is that my attachment to the internet is too slow from home so I must go to the library to upload the pictures and then I can post.

We missed most of the snow. We received only 3 inches or so. My rother who lives three hours south of me received 18 inches. He called chuckling asking if I was up to my @ss in snow and I said we hardly have any. laughs on him. It is mostly gone today.

We re having our porch redone. It started out just replacing the flooring boards. With the flooring off we noticed there was a lot of rot on some of the header and footers so we replaced those as well. The decking will e trex which is an amalgamate of wood and plastic. It does not chip or change color and while a little more costly it lasts. Actually, we bought the trex on sale after the Irene flood and it was discounted 60%. When I look at the porch I am reminded of the Erma Bombeck story when she only wanted to replace the pillowcase covers and the whole thing snowballed so she redid the whole room.

I have read the last two pages I must find the time to read all of the others from 100 to 113 to catch up and see all of the pictures.

Have a good night.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

AtTheCrossroads
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Connie
TN
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  2:37:07 PM  Show Profile
This is my first post... and I'm over 50 and thankful...

My shop: www.shabbyhomefurniture.etsy.com

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Ps 118:24
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  3:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all, I'm taking a moment from my sewing to get on and read your posts.

Welcome Connie, we are so glad to have you...after you read the board for a bit if you decide you will like to join our birthday list, just send me an email with your name, address and birthday and I will add you to the list. Right now we have 24 wonderful ladies on it. We love sending each other birthday cards for their special day...

Glenda, sound like fun to be able to just run off and get to spend time with your daughter, glad you went. I'm so sorry about you computer trouble, hope it gets fixed soon. I got your phone number changed on the list...

Betty, The wedding sounds like it was so beautiful, I am so glad. I bet your grandson is something, wow amazing to be able to play all those instruments.

Peggy, I am so happy that you are finally in the house now. I hope the owner gets the floor in soon. can't wait to see pics of the place. I also think that is one of the highest compliments a child can give, to ask that you come help them make their house a home....I would be beaming if it was me...but woo is me...I don't have that ability...hehe

Darlys, hey girl, thank you so much for remembering today...I can't tell you how much it touched me...you mean the world to me...thanks.
I hope you don't get worn out being so busy this week...take sometime and have a cup of tea. I still am trying to get in that bag...dang guess I didn't loose enough weight...lol..have fun and I can't wait to see pics.

Holly, tell your partner happy birthday for me....I'm like you, can't complain about extra cupcakes, yummy. Can't wait to see pics..
Glad you were able to get the porch replaced...nice to have a sturdy porch isn't it?

I have pics of DH birthday pig picken...I will post some for everyone to see...everything went well...it was fun, but he is trying to recoup...it takes alot out of him, he can't hardly stay on his feet that long with out suffering latter.

In this last picture is him on the right, his DD Julie, his youngest son Tyler, and Julie's boyfriend John Rocker, who use to play for the Atlanta Braves (closing pitcher)...my Momma would have gone crazy over him...she LOVED her Braves. This is the first time we met Julies new bo...nice guy...I just realized with all the pics I took, I didn't get one of me and DH on his birthday, I am always the one behind the camera

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 31 2011 4:19:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  4:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Connie. You will love this group of women. we are all different and come from different places and are at different stages in our lives, but one thing is that we love each other, learn from each other and worry about one another. NOW...I'm on Pinterest, & I can barely get off to do something else. wow! I do have one question. I think CJ does it well, but others may know. How do you add your own pictures into your boards? Anyway..thank you for telling us about it. I think I will learn alot from some of those things I've pinned.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  4:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Claudia, at the top of Pinterest is button that says add, click it then it will give 3 options you want the one that says upload a pin, then you can search your computer for the pic you want to add...hope that helps...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 31 2011 4:23:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  5:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi GFs I am still catching up on the posts. Wanted to tell you that Penny very sweetly said my number had been corrected--what she didn't say is that I sent it to her wrong in the first place----duh!! I will look for a little dunce cap for me when I go to -preview. And thank you Penny, you are precious. Connie welcome to the funny farm. we do know how to have fun.
Welcome back Holly and happy bd to your partner. Good to hear everything is okay in your neck of the woods.
and, Penny,happy bd to your DH, say,now, he's a hunk! lucky girl. sorry I missed that pig pickin-- sure looked delish.
I just looked and I don't get any little icons when I preview....I just do the quick reply at the bottom of the screen so they must be somewhere else.
I ordered one of the starter packs from MJF foods today. One says you just add hot water to the pkg?? now, that's my kinda cookin. Haven't bought the book yet but will do that this week.

I wasn't the one doing the Halloween costume. My GD went as Cleopatra from good ole walmart. $12 so someone in china made her costume. I'm out in the country so I don't get the trick or treaters and nobody here but me and doggies so I don't decorate either.
Happy Halloween to you all and to all a good night.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  5:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Glenda, to find the icons you have to go back to the top after you post YOUR post and click on edit, then the icons are there and you can add them

Thank you Glenda, I kind of think he is a hunk too...not bad for 61...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 31 2011 5:29:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  02:41:05 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
The dreaded weigh in day, and not so sure I will show a loss. I ate too well this week. But I read that the elderberry tincture helps with weight loss so maybe I will do fine. :) I look forward to going to the city every Tues. to get some fresh produce and visit the organic store. And a stop by Michael's and hobby lobby.
I released a couple of my birds from the church they will be released at this weekend. My dad met me and released some of his at the same time. My birds followed his birds home and were there quickly. They sat around the barn but did not go into the coop and took off a couple hours later. They were still not home by dark. I hate it when that happens. I worry about them so much. Just like a mother hen! Hopefully they will come in as soon as the daylight breaks.
I worked on stocking stuffers yesterday. Recycled crayons melted and shaped into gingerbread men. They turned out cute. I will keep a handful with me to give out as well. I put them on a card and in a small plastic zip bag.

Nancy & Darlys - Here is the link for making the Wine bottle tiki torch. It was quick an easy. But required a trip to the hardware store because I didn't just have these items laying around the house.
http://www.gerardotandco.com/blog/recycled-bottle-torch/

Glenda - It is so great that you can just take off to spend time with your daughter. I so wished my daughter lived close enough to do that. It is so wonderful to share that special closness with our daughters.

Welcome Connie - You will find this to be a fun, loving, creative, sometimes crazy bunch of gals. Not sure if you can find a group any more friendlier.

Holly- Happy Birthday to you partner. Working on your porch made me think of a quote I love.... Appropriate for this thread. “Friends are the pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes they lean on you, and sometimes it's just enough to know that they are standing by.”

Penny - Thanks for sharing the pics. It looks like it was an enjoyable day. Your Dh must have had a wonderful birthday with you and his family there.

Claudia - We warned you...lol. Pinterest can be so much fun. Especially for creative minds.

Have a great day ladies!

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Nov 01 2011 04:14:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  06:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Ok my Friends I need honest open dialog and opinions here.....Do you think it is ok to just send the corrected updates or new girls info and ya'll can add it to the list? And only send the list every three months? Or would you rather get no updates and just get the list every 3 months.I am open to suggestions...

I just hate to leave out anyone that comes in and wants to be added...I hate to miss their birthday if it comes before the list is sent out...but I really want EVERYONES opinion...I will take a poll...that way I can do what the majority wants...I'm easy to get along with...lol...so what do you all want??? I can even divide it up if half want updates and if half don't...it isn't any trouble for me...but I don't know if I don't get feedback...thank ya, thank ya, thank ya in advance...love you ladies, and I am loving doing the birthday list....as I told DH, makes me feel needed and appreciated....and don't we all need that sometimes?

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Nov 01 2011 06:17:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  06:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Penny- Maybe just send out a list at the end of the month for the following month for only those birthdays. I know for me, it would be a gentle reminder to get my cards ready and the update each month may be less confusing.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  06:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Penny, You are doing an excellent job with the birthday list. I would prefer to get updates as they arrive, that way we won't miss someone's birthday.
Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  08:04:00 AM  Show Profile
Wow I am gone hunting for a couple of days and there are so many new pages to read. I will get cought up but I just wanted to jump on and say hi to everyone and welcome to some of the new ladies.

Penny thank you for getting the birthday list out and the corrections. You sure have been busy.

Kathleen I am making scarves and hopefully hats for all of my gkids as part of their Christmas present. i found out I need to take two of them to get coats first. My son did not want me to know
they are struggling. But when I asked what color their coats were so I could make scarves to match he had to tell me that they had not bought them winter coats yet! DH and I decided we would take
care of that and then I could make scarves for them.Things are tough all over bit famiily is sapose to pull together not hide our problems. I do not understand the younger generation sometimes.
I know I did not raise them that way.

Peggy I loved the birthday cake. You have a wonderful son.

Patty I love the way that looks on the wall. I agree with the others the two colors of paper add a neat touch. I like it. I also love the trivit idea. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Ok ladies I have to admit. I have the long hidden wild women that would love to ride a Harley! My oldest brother does and I love riding with him when he comes to visit. He makes it look so easy.
My DH however thinks I am crazy. He does not think I would make a very good "Biker Babe" LOL On my list of things to learn one of these days.

Well I have to go fo now I will try to get cought up later today if I get a chance.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  09:43:43 AM  Show Profile
Hey My Over Fifties Beautys...I have decided to leave you all for awhile anyway...and just go back to the Porch. I feel a bit overwhelmed (like I can't get everything done because I just want to chat all day). The Porch was my original thread of choice to take extra time to chat on and then I would make short comments on some of the other threads. Now I have a house to put together, crafting to do for the Holidays and Swaps to fulfill...and I just can't spread myself any thinner than I have been. So, I prayed about it last night and this is what seems best for me at this time. I know some of you are on the Porch too...so I will see you over there and for the rest of you...I may hop on once a week and read...just to keep up on your lives.
You have all been wonderfully supportive through my move and birthday and all I can say is God Bless each of you for the Fabulous Women You Are.

Loving You All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 01 2011 09:45:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  10:26:14 AM  Show Profile

Just a quick note and hopefully I'll catch up later.

Holly, Happy Birthday to your partner. Sounds like cupcakes were happenin' ! It's always so great to hear from you, gf.

Penny, I have an idea. How about if you just make additions and/or corrections once a month and send it out at the beginning (or end) of each month UNLESS there is nothing to add or correct. Does that make sense?

The pictures are all great. How was the sweet potato pie?

(And did you get my e-mail about adding my phone number, babe? If not, I'll resend it.)

Oh wow! I'm not going to get off without saying Welcome, Connie! This is the best forum in the world.

Patty, love the gingerbread man crayons - and thanks for the go-to regarding the wine bottles.

Dianne -- sounds like you've got a Harley on your Bucket List!

PeggyAnn, I will miss you - but I understand. I tried to hang out on the Porch but I got overwhelmed with trying to keep up with 2 busy forums. Say "HI" to all over there from me. Especially Julie. And toss us kisses every now and then. Love ya, gf.

My DIL just sent a picture of my Great-GD Nevaeh getting ready for halloween. She doesn't have her wings on yet - but I thought her expression was so cute that I just had to share.

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  11:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I got an email from Hancocks fabrics today and they have their fleece on sale for $3.99 a yard and shipping for $2.95 for orders over $50. I just wanted to share.
http://www.hancockfabrics.com/viewcategory.htm?categoryId=539020

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Darlys, your GD is absolutely adorable...just wanted to add that....

Edited by - Acelady02 on Nov 01 2011 5:47:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  12:55:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!

Welcome aboard Connie!

It is such a beautiful fall day here! So sorry for all of you still stuck in snow. Hope that ends soon.

Hope all are having a good day!

Farmgirl hugs, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  4:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Well I am back to try and get cought up. LOL.

Patty I love the Tiki Tourch idea that is great. I sent my snail mail to you for the bunny pattern. I havee Gkids that will love it. Those tag you put
on the clothes you bought second hand are just cute. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Linda I hope you are safe and warm and have power by now. Wow so early in the season to have power outages. I hope this does not set the tone for the rest
of the winter season. We have not had snow yet. But that may change in the next couple of days. They say rain but with temps in the middle 20's it could be snow.
I would rather it snow than freezing rain! :(

Patty What a wonderful idea. The calander must be a lot of work but I bet it is really appreciated. I will pass this idea to my oldest daughter.
She is more likely to do that than I am. I hope she doe. It would sure help me remember. LOL

Ok i am going to have to check out this Pinterest thing. I thought I would pass as I do not always have a lot of time to sit at the computer.
But everything you guys are saying and the ideas you have picked up have me curious.

Holly Isn't that they way it goes. You decide to fix the the floor and end up redoing the whole thing. We decided to redo the floor in the bathroom of house we use to live in.
A weekend project' HA HA. By the time we were done we had replaced floor joists and part of the foundation!

Hi Connie and welcome

Penny I know what you mean about being the one behind the camera. That is usualy me. I always get asked where I was. I always ask who they think was taking the pictures.
Looks like the pig picken was fun. It is always great to have family for event like that. Hope your DH recovers quick.

Penny I'm all for up dates I can add to the list then send me anew list every 3 months or so. I can write and I am not into wasting paper printing it out all the time.
Yes I print them out. If I leave it on the email I would deleate it by accident.

Peggy Love you and I will see you on the porch. I like to stop for a cup of tea and chat there as well. Someone is always leaving goodies on the porch and they to go with my tea.

Well I think I am cought up at least for today. You are a great buch of ladies with awesome ideas a great big hearts. I am glad I can stop by and chat with you.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  4:43:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

I have been working on a house for my guinea fowl. I built it on a slight hill so part of it looks like it is going down hill. The perches are level but they look crooked because the roof line is slanted. Oh, well next time I will be more careful in the basic set up. The guinea will not care if I can ever get them to fly in and use it as a house.

Every year in Montpelier a winter coat swap is held. It is in honor of Karen Kitzmiller who started it and died several years later from complications of ovarian cancer. People drop off coats and winter accessories the three weeks before the event and then on a Saturday morning anyone can go and find one or more coats. It is not considered just for poor people so there is no stigma attached to finding a coat and being recognized by anyone as being in their coat. Children grow so fast they often get only one season out of a coat anyway.
The same weekend there is a big drop and swap for clothing as well. The people sort the clothes and if the donated items are ratty they go to a recycler in Canada. It is a great way to clean out.

The pig pickin looked interesting. I have never been to one. My orthodentist said his practice had a pig roast and one of his partners boned a pig then wrapped it in chicken wire and roasted it. He said it was delicious.

Now I am going to have to make the time to read back in the posts to find out about this pinterest that you all are so excited about.

Today was a gorgeous day. The sky was a beautiful fall blue. Tonight is supposed to be clear as well. The temperature is supposed to get down to 29 degrees. The sunset lit the sky in a brilliant orange. I like to see the stars at night when I am up on a potty trip. Sometimes I can even see them without my glasses.

Have a good night.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  5:11:26 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

Please pray for my oldest daughters SIL. The young woman is bi-polar and apparently has not been heard from for nearly 12 hrs now. Please pray she is heard from or found soon and safe.
Thank you all so much!

I will check back in if we hear anything. My daughter is beside herself and I may go over there tonite and stay with her.

Blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page