desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  5:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh! Linda, I'm so sorry. You must be half sick with worry. My prayers are with you and her. Hope she is found soon.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  5:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Linda, my prayers are with the young woman and you and your daughter and everyone else involved...Hope she is found soon...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  7:15:41 PM  Show Profile
OMB! I'm 8 pages behind and will probably never catch!

Regarding Christmas, I too will be taking the pledge of re-using. It will be my money given to my daughter, LOL.
Now, back to 8 pages. Goodnight ladies!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  8:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Dear Ladies. I have been off line the last few days.
I did go to the Halloween Party. On page 112 I think I had you guess what my costume was. Black eyes and P's on my sweatshirt. Yep!!! I was blackeyed peas. It was a good party and great to see everyone. We had the party at our friends in the mountains. After we did the usual Halloween eats and games we sat by the huge bonfire and all chatted. It was wondergul to get a way for a while.
Then on my way home I got a text that our friend had passed away. She had been ill but I was surprised with all that had gone as quickly as it did. (I was not preparred for this outcome) We have spent the day with the family. Funeral arrangments have been made and food has been organized to be brought in to the family. It has been a busy couple of days.
I saw that we have a new farm gal Connie. Welcome!
Linda I am praying for your daughter. Let us know if you hear from her.
You all have a great night and will try and keep up with all you busy farm Gals.
Thanks for the birthday updates.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  10:50:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all! They have located her in a motel a state away. She has agreed to stay there until my daughter and another family member arrive to get her. Prayers that she does stay put and for safe traveling for all. Once they get to her, they can get her the help she needs and get her meds back on track. Will post in am. Going to try and get some sleep now! Hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  05:16:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning lovely ladies,

Had a busy day yesterday sewing, ironing and shopping for fabiric, binding and other items to help with my making of Christmas presents. My DH is changing our doorbell. Seems our dog barks everytime a doorbell rings on the TV or radio because it sounds just like ours. So our doorbell was ringing different tunes yesterday afternoon while we decided which one we wanted. I told him I did not want to listen to The Star Spangled Banner everytime the doorbell rang. We finally chose some version of a Westminster chime. I really goofed on making my GD quilt. I don't know what I am going to do except maybe to start a new one for her and just finish this one for myself. I somehow messed up on the overall pattern. These kind of things happen to me often in life so I just laugh and go on. I used to worry that other people must think I was dumb or something because my projects would turn out wrong. But now I just laugh. I have a perception problem so it is not unusual for it to happen. Maybe that is why I never did any quilting except for just the squares in a row.

Peggy, I will miss you a lot but I understand how it can get so time absorbing on two places. I tried being on the Porch but I couldn't keep up either don't have the time for both places. I started here first and this is home to me.

Penny how was the pickin and the pie?? I enjoyed seeing the pictures. Thanks for the tip about the fleece from Hancock. That is such a goo
d price. Think I will buy some for some throw blankets. They make a nice gift.

Darlys the picture of your great-granddaughter is so cute. What a darling she is. The outfit is so pretty. She does look like a little angel. She must have had a wonderful Halloween.

Patty, The crayon gingerbread men are so clever. I would never have thought of such a use of melted crayons. I used to melt them when I taught school but I used to use muffin tins.

I joint Pinterest the other day. I haven't pinned anything yet and plan to do so today or tomorrow. I have to get some time. It seems the last few days have been so busy. I did look at some boards and there are some wonderful things there. It seems endless the amount of creativity. I can see how it can be completely addicting. I can see where one could spend hours just looking and looking and looking some more.

Holly, it sounds so beautiful up there the way you describe it. I wish I could see that. I like the idea of the coat exchange. What a great way to share coats that and make sure the needy get theirs and also the children can get the ones they need. Very cool thinking!

Linda, I am so glad your oldest daughters SIL was found. I am praying for her. What a sad time you have all had. It is comforting that you have been able to find her. I pray that she will find the strength to get help for herself.

Welcome Connie. Glad to have you here.

Have a wonderful day all you Lovelies :)

Hugs,

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It is like laughing on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  07:43:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

I have been gone hunting with my DH so I have a lot to read. Just wanted to say to all of you in the NE that you are in my prayers.We have not had snow yet. So when I read all the posts on the snow in the NE I was amazed. This early in the season it is scary.

Luanne I hope you have power back now. We keep candles, oil in the lamps, and propane stocked up just in case. I know it will hold us for few hours but not long term.

Kimberly I wopuld have done that rooster in too. I will not have an animal that goes after people. We had a dog once we had to put down. Broke my heart but he would corner small children. We never figured out why he started cornering the kids then he went after
one of the little piglets. Can not have that.

Tammy I will pray for you and him. I am sorry you have to deal with this now. This should be a time of joy and celebration with your son. Shame on that man for not wanting to share this joy. Never say your sorry!!! What garbage is that? How can you truly love
someone if you can't admit you messed up and say your sorry. Thats what he would expect from you. I agree with Peggy run far and fast. He is making you choose between him and your children. No one who truly loves you would ever do that.

Julie the hat is adorable.

Pam I hope you are feeling better. Yea thats weird. But what ever it takes to make you feel better. Maybe your sinuses were messed up and the sneeze helped clear them up.

Well the bell is about to ring and I need to get things set up for class. It is still morning here. Cold and dark, but the sun is working on making an apperance. Colder and rain or snow for tomarrow. Wish I could just hide in the house and craft or read a good book, but work calls.
Thanks for the tea and crumpets. I will leave something warm tomarrow. I am thinking cinnamon rolls.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  08:06:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning GFs. I figured out Pinterest and, boy, was that a mistake. I was already hooked on MJF to the tune of a couple hours a day and now I've added Pinterest--I got NOTHING done yesterday.
Acelady/Penny however you decide to do the birthday list is fine with me. I also will print it out and write in corrections until the next one comes out because I get so many emails I'll never find it, same with documents, I save so many recipes, pictures, articles, etc. til my computer is bursting at the seams. Also unless I put it out where I will see it, I will forget.
Pegsmiles/PeggyAnn I am so disappointed you are leaving us, but I too know how addicting this can be and we really do have to choose one, don't we. I chose this one as my favorite and tried to post occasionally on one of the other threads and then I would lose it. First I subscribed to all the ones I was interested in but I was getting 50 - 75 notices in my emailbox at a time and could not handle that. Now I just click around the site and check in on the ones I like. There are so many and all of them are interesting.
Dessert Willow/Betty, have fun in your sewing room. I love being able to keep my projects out. If I have to get it out, set it up,then put it away, I don't even bother with it. I read back through most of the pages on this thread last night and I see that so many of us have the same feelings about things at this stage of our lives. I have thought what I really need is what they call a barndominium here, that is a big barn for all the stuff/toys/critters/bikes and an apartment/condo in one corner of it to live in. (Sure would simplify cleaning). People were doing that on their land while building their "dream house" and then found out that's really all they needed. We have raised our children, completed our careers and now we just want to play with our toys. I don't know why I'm taking care of a big house that I no longer need. I just hate to give it up after working so long and hard to have it. Funny how time changes everything. And I don't eat enough to really do the garden thing any more, its more so I will know what I am eating and where its been. Days like today I think maybe it really is time to move on. I don't know.
Daryls and Nancy, my first husband was also "Mr. Charming". My daughter was doing some online research on his family and found that I wasn't even his first wife, altho I was 18 and he was 22. Somehow it had been anulled and didn't show up in the records at that time and I never knew. In all the years we were married, his family kept that secret from me. My second husband had secrets too. Maybe that's why I am so turned off on the whole relationship thing. I keep distance between the person I am seeing now, I just don't believe anymore.
TallHolly, I always enjoy your posts especially when you describe where you live, the countryside, weather, etc. You have a talent for writing, I think. I can understand with your busy life it must be hard to spend much time on here but I sure enjoy hearing from you.
Patty those gingerbread crayons are so clever--you have the best ideas.
Darlys,that little Nevaeh is the cutest little doll!!! that picture makes me want to grab her up and give her big hugs!!
I also have decades of pictures where I am behind the camera. Altho when I would occasionally ask the DH to take the pic and let me be in it the pic would turn out only of his big finger in front of the lense. ah, well.....
Linda, prayers being sent your way about your daughters SIL. Glad she has been found. I've heard many dreadful stories about Bi-polar when they don't take their meds, or when it goes undiagnosed. There's that mental thing again, I think it is as prevalent as cancer, just not as obvious. So very sad.
Ginny, I'm with you--I have recycled a lot of money to my kids. It's the green that they like best.
Today is cleaning day again, already. This weekend I go from country girl to city girl. I'm realizing I have to do something with this hair and not sure what. It got so expensive for a professional haircut/perm/color and then you have to tip on top of that, so I've not had it done in a while.
Well, this isn't the most cheerful post, is it. I probably should not write when I'm a little down in the dumps. I've found the little smilies and tried some of them here. maybe they will lighten things up a little.
Here's wishing a wonderful day for you all.
Glenda

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 02 2011 08:13:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  08:49:51 AM  Show Profile
Patty, do you go to weight watchers? I never will be a lifetime member, but I go when I can. How did you do last night?
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  1:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Quick good evening girls. I am busy today skipping work and stacking fire wood in our garage. Hope I can walk when I'm done! I managed to get one cord in today and am exhausted. I still have 2 more coming so I will be one busy and sore gal when this is done! Winter comes too fast and stays too long where I live. Guess it's like that with Holly too.

Patty you are so talented!!! I love seeing your stuff and would love to know how to do the tiki torch and the crayon thing if you don't mind sharing your secrets. If you do, don't worry about it. I'll probably never get to making anything anyway until DH back on his feet.

Would someone invite me to join Pinterest too. Must see what all the talk is about. :)

Did you get anything on your hunting trip Dianne? I still have pumpkins, apples, cranberries, and my herbs to get put up for winter! I am so far behind I'll be canning pumpkin Christmas Day at this rate!

Linda, glad to hear they found the women you were worried about. My MIL was bi-polar and it has had a long lasting effect on my DH. She committed suicide because she just didn't see herself getting better. Very sad. We moved here to be near her and my FIL and within 6 months both were dead, he from a broken heart. So I hope she finds the right meds and can have an enjoyable life!

Everyone else, hope you had a great hump day!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  2:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Busy, busy, busy...wow! Amazing just how quickly the pages fill up.
We are having great weather today, sunny/60/breezy. Trying to get things put away for winter and flower-beds cut back and such.Man the lady-bugs are out in force again. Any time the sun comes out they are too.Shoulda been named Sun-Bugs! teehee I have catnip growing everywhere, so I brought an onion bag full in to hang to dry. Rascal was going nuts smelling it. I told him he was set for the winter. hahaha It makes a great sleepy-tea for humans too. Well I'd better get back outside...daylights a burnin'.
Later Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  2:56:19 PM  Show Profile
Ginny, I just typed in Pinterest.com and it takes you to the site where you can ask to be invited there, and then in a short time you get an email saying you are allowed, click on that, and you can join right in.i love these little smilie guys.

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 02 2011 2:58:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  2:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Ginny, I sent you an invite from Pinterest....lol you sure you want to see it...it is addicting...lol...enjoy it is fun

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  4:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey all, I wanted to let everyone know that I didn't make sweet potato pie for DH birthday, I have to let them cure for over 30 days before using them...bummer...lol

Linda, glad they found her...

Debra, would love to see a pic of the blackeyed peas...lol...bet it was so cute. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, prayers for you and their family

Dianne, pig picken was fun but think it is me that has to get rested up..I'm usually a night owl, but been going to bed early the last few day....lol..I think I'm finally caught up. I hate wasting paper too, I was just explaining to Dh how come I don't print everything out...I don't like wasting paper or ink, both are to expensive. So I have you on the list of receiving updates that you can add yourself to your printed list....I think that maybe the best way...for everyone to write in updates and then every 3 months or maybe 6 months I will send out a complete list.. I am taking a poll and will accommodate everyone...I love doing this...I make mistakes sometimes so if I mess up I hope ya'll will forgive me...lol..

Peggy, I sure am going to miss you here but will see you on the porch, I don't get there as much but will drop by...I love this one I think the best because I feel everyone understands me better, we are all older, all with aches and pains, some with grandkids, and just seem to be able to relate to each other... I guess It was meant to be that I took over the BD list when I did, huh? lol...I love ya girl and will miss reading your posts here everyday. But I do understand.

Holly, I would love to see pics of the guinea coop...sounds wonderful.. I love the coat swap idea...great idea, DH and I are hoping on going on a bike ride this weekend that is the one for the adult mentally and physically handicap center. They live there full time and love seeing the motorcycles come through 4 times a year. We take everything from coats to toothpaste for them...some of them have been placed there and forgotten...so does my heart good to see their smiles. Reading your description about the night sounds absolutely beautiful

Nancy, your poor pup barking everytime the doorbell rings on the TV, hope he gets use to the new one quickly...poor baby. You sound like you have been very busy too.

Glenda, would love to see a pic of what you decide to do with your hair, how bout a before and after pic...lol..I just colored mine...usually do a med. auburn...which is closest to my hair growing up...but used a different brand this time and my oh my it is more dark auburn or something...lol..but everyone seems to like it... I hope you get to feeling better, that is what we are here for...to listen when you are in the dumps and if we can't get you out at least we can listen or act silly and maybe make you smile

Hi Thelma...hope you are doing well

Judy, Judy, Judy, how are you girl? I would like to grow catnip next year, the ones I planted this year didn't even come up...I could use some sleepy tea..lol...

Here is a pic of my woodstove, as soon as we get the door fixed we are going to bring it inside and get it hooked up

I finally finished the faux chinille blanket today too..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Nov 02 2011 4:35:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  4:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Well, after a few of you told us about Pinterest, I joined. I have a few boards up and am finding there is a lot of information available I can pin to my board. If you are interested, my pinterest is: http://pinterest.com/buffypuff . Glenda, I would love to chack out your boards, but I'm not sure who to put in as your name. Anyone else that I am not following, but is there, let me know with your name.

Linda...I hope your dtr found her SIL OK...I don't think I saw about her after they found her. Still praying that she will take the meds needed. Debra E..it is hard to lose a friend even when it is expected...how to feel or NOT feel, what to say. It becomes complicated I think. DH & I have been taking care of Mom's snow tires, water softener etc. Snow is coming tonight, so we have been raking more leaves. There seems to be so many left on the trees. Well...blessing on all you girls who are going through your trials. Life can be rough. Back later.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  5:33:45 PM  Show Profile
Good evening. I am sitting here eating a bowl of white chili. I love this stuff! Had a busy day today. Raking leaves, picking up sticks, raking leaves, picking up more sticks. Hung a load of clothes on the line. I finished the opposite side of my brown bag wall today and could move furniture back. I went with my sister-in-law to deliver turbans for chemo patients. Hubby is back from Ohio, but has been gone helping my folks all day. We are more busy since retirement than before. Tomorrow I am going to a salad luncheon. I love salad luncheons. It is at a church in a nearby town.

Ginny - I don't mind sharing at all. After all, I found the ideas on pinterest! Here is the link for making the Wine bottle tiki torch. It was quick an easy. http://www.gerardotandco.com/blog/recycled-bottle-torch/ And for the crayons, I just bought the silicone pan in the Wilton section at Michael's and used my 40% off coupon. I break the crayons up and put them in a 200' oven until they melt. Pull them out and pop them out when they have cooled off. I printed the cards off (business card size) on the computer and hot glued them on. I then put them in little zipper craft bags to protect them.

Linda - I skip a day and I just now see your post about your DD's , SIL. That had to be frightening for the family. I hope she gets the proper care.

Darlys- Your great-granddaughter is so adorable. What a ornery smile she has.

Holly - The winter coat swap is great! And so many people may not qualify as below poverty, but with the economy at this time so many people are struggling. When I lived in Columbus Oh, I would take my winter coats and blankets straight to the streets. There was a part of the city that had homeless around and we just knew where we could sit a couple coats and blankets and the homeless would find them.

Glenda - I hate hair upkeep! My twins have dated hairdressers for years. Funny, they just end up with hairdressers. My mother was a hairdresser. One of the twins bragged one day that he has never had to pay for a haircut in his 25 years...lol. The girls all did my hair until I moved here and I just can't afford $70 every 4 weeks for color. And the boxed colors are hard on my hair. So I decided to go natural and have not had color or a cut since Jan. My hair is much healthier but I have more gray than my mother.

Thelma - I weigh in at WW every Tues. I lost 3 lbs this past week. I ate well too! I am wonderfing if the elderberry tincture I am taking has helped. I read that it helps with weight loss. :)

Penny - The stove is awesome. I used to have a beige one similar. When we butchered a hog we would put the pork rinds in the oven and just leave them. We would eat on them constantly, always warm. The fire would go out at night, but I would fire it back up for breakfast and keep the fire burning all day and the pork rinds were always hot and crispy.

Well, off to clean up the kitchen, fold my laundry, and then a nice long bath to get rid of the leaf burning smell on me.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  7:06:44 PM  Show Profile
Evening, gfs. I'm hopping on for a minute before I head over to the church. I have so much to respond to but I'll have to just remember to start somewhere around page 115 or so, when I return.

Penny, you are amazing. But, what? No pie! Hey, love the stove. Looks just like the one at my cousin's place out on Fredenberg Lake (Duluth, MN).

Holly, that coat swap/gifting is a wonderful idea. I'm going to put it out as a possibility here.

Patty - Ornery smile, that was so dead-on. Perfect. She's a pistol, alright. But loveable, many hugs (a couple of hugs for you, too, right now, Glenda) and telephone kisses when you aren't there to get the real deal. Thank you, gfs, for saying sweet things. I adore that baby. She's 18 months now.

Speaking of hair. I just had mine cut. I just can't afford the $100 plus tip that I had been paying a stylist. So, I went online and found a place that got good reviews ... called, got right in ... and got the best cut ever! Had her do it really short, pixie-ish ... and am delighted with the result. And it was only $30! It will be so easy to keep up. And my unruly hair is almost - that's almost - controlable. The hair over the ears keeps popping straight out - but maybe, if I bobbypin it ... or something. I color my own. Works good for me...color is a natural blonde.

I spent all of today baking golf-ball size meatballs. Went to Whole Foods and had them grind me up 16 lbs of ground beef. They gave me a nice discount (around 15%) when I told them it was for a charitable event. If you buy over 3 pounds, and ask - they will usually give a bulk price of about 10% off even though the meat isn't already pre-packaged. I didn't know that. Anyway, I got about 130 meatballs ready now and will add marinara sauce (Paul Newman's - thanks to a good sale) tomorrow. I'll just reheat everything up at the church and serve it up on sourdough rolls and French rolls. Someone else is doing a salad and another person a dessert.

It's set-up for the Junque Sale time!!! Sale on Saturday! Maui on Sunday!

I'm off to the church to put the food in the fridge over there. Tonight we clear the sanctuary and set up tables. Tomorrow morning we start hauling the "junque" into the church and unpacking it and start pricing.

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Nov 02 2011 7:15:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  8:01:24 PM  Show Profile
Darlys you are sure going to be busy for a while. We want to hear everything about Maui---and see pics!!!Claudia you must have found me cuz I got email that yu were following me and invite to follow you, which I did for a bit. Guess you can see I don't really know what I'm doing yet, just looking at the pretty pictures. The coolest thing tonite was the furniture they were making out of pallets--did you see that? And the garden stuff--I could pin just about all of it. Penny that is some stove--6 burners? And love the chenille blanket - I've read how to do it but haven't done one. I guess it fluffs up as you wash it? Ginny I don't believe right now I would trade Texas for Maine. But last summer I sure would have. Winter here isn't too bad. I'm hoping it will be a mild one, if we have any really bad weather, ice or snow its usually only in January and many years we don't get anything but a few below freezing temps. So when we do get an ice storm, it's bad because we aren't prepared for it and nobody knows how to drive in it.
Good night everybody.
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  10:32:23 PM  Show Profile
Good evening one and all. Wow! the pages are adding up. I am so tired tonight I can honestly say I am feeling my age. Ha! DH was home today and tomorrow and today we washed the outside windows, covered the water cooler after we drained it and turned off the water, checked to make sure the water lines around the property were insulated (there's a big freeze due tomorrow night) and wrapped the two new ones we put in this year and also removed the timers from the irrigation lines. DH even got the veggie garden tilled. We spread goat manure on it last week and let it set and then he tilled it today.

Tonight was the Masonic Lodge dinner and meeting and we ate Turkey with all the trimmings and pumpkin pie for dessert. Next month they are sreving prime rib and I've been asked to help. That will also include deviled eggs as I am often asked to make some since I have chickens. I often make desserts too.

I have the photo file fixed as far as being able to open the folder and edit the pictures but when I try to upload to here they don't upload but I sent out photos by regular e-mail and they went through just fine. Oh! Well! back to the drawing board.

I like that stove Penny. I like antiques and old stuff so that is right up my alley.

We had a 4.1 earthquake yesterday. It didn't do any damage but it shook us up a bit. We haven't had one in a long, long time but CA is known for them. We've been told we could have more which is fine as long as they don't get any stronger.

I think I'd better call it a night. Hope everyone had a good day and even a better one tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  10:46:43 PM  Show Profile
I think I'll try three photos and see if it will work tonight. So here goes with the wedding photos.

What do you know? It worked. The first is the arch where they were married, the second are the cakes my granddaughter made and the other is me in the top I made. I don't take a very good picture but what the heck. Enjoy!

Edited by - desertwillow on Nov 02 2011 10:49:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  01:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone! Man oh man is this a lively chatty group :) Thanks everyone for your kind wishes and prayers for my DH. His final (we hope and pray) radiation treatment is in the morning. Just looked at the clock and its after 3 AM here...YIKES! Anyway, he stops in after he gets off work, has his treatment and comes home. Friday we're going to take treats in to the wonderful bunch of nurses and dr. who cared for him. They tell us it will
be at least two wks. before he begins to get some of his pep back. They're amazed he's continued to work and only took 3 days off last wk due to fatigue. He's such a trooper! I am in awe of him for how well he's done through all of this.
I see that the Pinterest addiction is becoming pandemic in this thread...hehehehe. Some days I am totally ashamed of myself because its so hard to turn off the lappie when I keep seeing these wonderful posts for all kinds of cool things I can make for family and friends. At least yesterday I felt my addiction was vindicated when I actually MADE something I saw on there.
Lovely wedding photos Betty :) The wedding arch is so pretty and the cakes look so yummy and the picture of you is a very nice picture despite what you say :)
Patty your wine tiki lamp is so neat! See another "pinner" who put her addiction to good use :)
Penny, I probably have mail waiting in my mailbox for b'days and thank you for all the work that must have been. I need to get in and check it out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the Oct. ladies I missed and the November ladies! I'll try soon to get better organized so I can send out cards :) I haven't sent gifts to farmgirl of the month in ages either. So much happening over the past year plus. I really hope 2012 will be better :) Penny I also loveeeeeeee your wood stove.
I hope you gals out East are recovering from the crazy snowstorm you had. I heard Colorado is to get hit last night/tonight so hope everyone there stays safe.
Peggy, darn it, we'll miss you! Check in often. This is a great group but I might be a little prejudice ;) Fifty plusers are kinda special.
I know there were more gals I wanted to say something to but my brain has just had enough. It's after 3 AM here and if I don't get some sleep I'll be worthless tomorrow....I mean today......sheesh.
Have a terrific Thursday ladies :)
Huggz

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://pinterest.com/ctapestry/

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  07:16:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning,

Claudia, Nice to see ya, hope you are well. Here is my http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/ but I think we are already connected...lol...

Patty, I love white chili too...we just had homemade chicken and rice soup...so good on these cool evenings. Hey, we need more pics of your wall, such talent... glad to hear Hubby is back...I love what you said about the pig skins...yummy. I wish we could have saved the skin of the wild hog, but not possible, it is so not good to eat....maybe this winter we will get a hog from the neighbors so I can have some pig skins., that is such a great idea, thank you

Darlys, yeah, crazy huh? No pie....I am counting down the days till these things are ready to eat..should be real soon. I got to tell ya, I love the stove...DH did good, I can't believe I let him go look at it by himself...lol... I can't believe that you made 130 meatballs, wow, I told DH that you are a very busy woman...sure hope everything goes smooth for the sale. I also told him I had to hurry and get to your house so I could climb in your bag...lol.. I can't wait to see pics, I have always wanted to go to HI but oh well maybe someday... DH went before and said it was beautiful...Have fun dear friend..

Glenda, I went on pinterest and was looking for the furniture made from pallets, haven't found it yet but I'm not giving up <giggle> Thank you for your kind words about the blanket, it was a lot more work than I realized...but once committed, had to finish and so glad I did...it is beautiful, going to take a pic with my camera before I give it away...I took the one above with my phone and it really doesn't do it justice...not meaning to brag on myself, sorry...

Betty, wow you and DH have been busy, my DH wish he could still do things, but he can only stand for short periods of time. In the last two years his abilities have really become less. He has done so well with his back that I'm amazed he can even do the things he does. About the pics uploading, I found out that on some of mine if I rename them they seem to work..not sure why that is but oh well...lol I hope you don't have another earthquake. We had one here this year which almost never happens...be safe dear friend.

Betty, I love the pics. The wedding looks like it was beautiful. Your GD is very talented, I can't believe that she made those cakes...wow... And I'm with Cheryl the pic of you is great...I love that blouse, I wish I could sew like that...I love seeing pics of our Farmgirls....thanks for sharing.

Cheryl, I am so glad you hubby is doing so well, I'm with you about being in awe over how well he has done. I know you are so happy to have him finished. My brother went through 9 months of chemo with his stage 4 colon cancer, he had went to his liver too...but so far he is in remission, I pray for your hubby that he goes in remission and never has to go through anymore treatments. Betty, if you don't want to look for the birthday list and the changes and updates I've sent, I can help make it easier for you...just delete all my emails and I will send you the updated list so you want have to add the corrections and new ladies. If that makes sense. I had to make a couple of changes and added a few ladies since the list I sent you...just let me know....hope you got some rest...

Oh yesterday I went and got my library card, I have lived in GA for 2 1/2 years so it's about time don't ya think? lol... I put Maryjane's books on hold, because they didn't have them at this branch...can't wait for them to get it. I found some books by Beverly Lewis, she writes Amish stories. Has anyone read her things. I know one of you have saw it on pinterest, but can't remember right now who that was. I hope they are good, I have read the first chapter and so for I like it.

Well got to get off here and finish crocheting the last baby shower gift a blanket. Then going to take a pic of everything before wrapping them. I hope everyone has a great day. It is cold here this morning...can't wait to get the stove hooked up and have it warm this place..<hehe>

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  08:01:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Glenda I am sorry you keep a distance in relationships. I know it is less painful but also less joyful. I have been married three times and I wont bore you with why the first two didn't work the last one has been wonderful.
I thought at the end of my second marriage that maybe I was sapose to raise my the kids alone. Then I ment my DH and things changed. No he is not purfect and our lives have had their ups and downs, but the ups have been more
joyful and the downs easier. I'm not saying you need a man. I don't believe that for a minute. Just don't shut yourself off from the joy of conecting with ithers that share your hopes, dreams, and desires.

Ginny no we did not get anything this year. There are some late hunts but my DH is kind of down about hunting right now. He went and bought a new meat smoker after not getting anything hunting. Can you believe that!
If i did something like that he would say I was just over compensating for not getting what I wanted. I said something like that to him and he said no it was on sale so we needed to get it now. Ok I admit we talked
about a new meat smoker because the old one was pretty shot. But I figured we didn't need one if we didn't get anything hunting. LOL Well I guess we will just have to go steelhesd fishing. They are really good smoked.
Maybe there is a method to his madness. LOL

Penny I am glad you are doing the list. You do an awesone job. Any mistakes are fixed fast so no one even cares. Ok if you list me as 20 years older I might care but also laugh. Then send a the correction. Keep up the great job.
I love the stove!! I am so jelouse. Maybe one of these days:)

Patty You lost 3 pounds! that is great. I do not even want to talk about my weight. With all the walking I did this last few days hunting you would think I would have lost something. But oh no not me. The pounds are mine for life. :(

Betty those are great pictures, Yes you do take a good picture. You are lovely and the top you made is great. I can't believe you made it. You are so talented.

We didn't get the rain/snoe they were predicting yet. They now say it will be tonight. Atleast that gives me one more day to get things put away and cleaned up. There is still a lot to do outside but thats ok. DH took the last couple
of days of his hunting vacation and worked on some of the stuff that needed done.We didn't get the raised beds in, but maybe we can this spring. That will give me time to get all the supplies I need. Well I am off to work as the bell
rang and the kids are headed in. Have a great day everyone,

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  09:54:22 AM  Show Profile
Quick note;I don't know what my Pinterest id is, sometimes it is hard to sign on, I have to sign on with Facebook because I don't twitter, soon as I figure out what my http is I will post it on here. I think I pinned the pallet furniture so if I can get you to my board you can find it from that. I'm still figuring it all out. also I never know if my ISP is going to be in the mood to let me online or not, or so slow its not worth it.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  09:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Wow! These pages sure do fill up fast.So much going on and so little time to read. lol
Love the pics I've been seeing. Love that cookstove. May have to google the chenille stitch to see how it's done.
Worked outside yesterday, got up to 68, so was great. Supposed to rain today, don't see it yet, but know it's coming. Winter came early for some of you gals. Not fun if you're not ready. (literally or figuratively) Got to run. Have a good day ladies! hugs

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page