desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  5:33:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I helped a neighbor today install her new shower door. Surprising what us older ladies can do isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  7:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Yeaaaa Betty, You go Girl!

We are women, hear us ROAR,
We are too big, to ignore.
LOLOLOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

dnelson252
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Debra
Western PA...home of the STEELERS!! The Keystone State
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  11:44:50 AM  Show Profile
This is great!! I was so intimidated by the other forums....felt so old compared to those who were writing. I feel like I fit in better here...not such a round (or rotund) peg in the skinny hole!! I am 56 and glad to find the sisterhood of the "older, wiser and more funloving" women. Ok girls...Time to root for my STEELERS today....I love those guys! God bless you and yours....Debra

Please Lord, give me patience....and give it to me NOW!!!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  12:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Well hello there Debra from Steeler country. So glad you feel more comfy here. We are a small but mighty group who's "been there-done most" of the things that the younger crowd are just now thinking of. lolol We're an onery&feisty bunch of older, wiser farmgals, with callouses and saddle sores to prove that we've been there and back and are now enjoying the better, more important, pleasant things life has to offer. We enjoy the slower, more scenic ride now and we take the time to stop and smell the cactus- flower along the dusty, more familiar trail. We hang up our spurs and chaps together each evening and set a spell and share our daily joys and woes while watching another gorgeous sunset that the good Lord has given us all to enjoy.
So Welcome and grab a cuppa and join us daily to see what we're up to. Very glad to have ya!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  1:30:32 PM  Show Profile
Love what you said Judy! Isn't it great in our second part of life, that we don't have to worry about what others think of us or what we are or aren't doing. We know that we don't have to do or have everything perfect. We can just live life, we can be our own special unique selves. Age really doesn't make any difference, its the joys and trials that has gotten us here with the guidance of God. And we have learned to make lemons in to lemonade. I know that sometimes we say, IF I HAD ~~~~~~ life would have been different. But would we have been the strong (spunky) women we are now!!!

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  3:19:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy...you just crack me up! I don't hang up my spurs at night...leave em on...may need to get the cat out of the way on the way to the bathroom! (sorry folks...am learning to decrease my water consumption at night!) WELCOME DEBRA! Yeah...we are some older chicks, but I have found that with even the younguns on here, they welcome info and wisdom to answers they don't have. I have learned quite a few things from them too...as I worked so many years that I didn't have the time to do some of the things they do with such vigor. I'm just a little slower...that's all! But I do agree, think you will like it here.

As I do with other newbies...please accept these virtual flowers from me as we look forward to Spring!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

dnelson252
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Debra
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  3:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhh ladies.....thank you very much for the warm (it's 3* here!)...it was greatly appreciated!! I agree...this is a good time in life...nothing to prove, okay to be me, and the heck with "things"...taking time to enjoy each and every day. LOL!...I too, have cats on the bed, but I have 3 ragdolls (they weigh about 20+ lbs. each and one is pushing 25!!) You would need more than a spur to get them moving! Thanks for the flowers...I happen to like nasturniums...it's nice to "fit" somewhere where everyone else seems to "fit" also. Have a great evening girls....now on to my STEELERS!!!....Pittsburgh's going to the SUPER BOWL!!!
....Debra

Farmgirl 2116

Please Lord, give me patience....and give it to me NOW!!! Farmgirl #2116
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  5:56:37 PM  Show Profile
I love those flowers. Those don't do well in the desert. I'm going to renew my drivers license tomorrow. Everyone wish me luck, please. I really don't expect a problem but those things make me nervous.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  6:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Betty....good luck tomorrow. I hate tests of any kind. So we expect a report on how you did.!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  6:42:26 PM  Show Profile
Well, Claudia...I didn't say I took my boots off....just the spurs...the pointed toes are what I use to get that thar cat outta my way!!! Jest kick'em to the corner!!! ROFLACGU
Got your letter rit and it's going in the mailbox tomorrow Claudia.
.....and Amen Brenda....we are what we are and it is whaat it is! I'm happy with that!
Debra, we have 5 here at 9PM brrrrr....
Betty, I get nervous at those eye tests they give. Dunno why. And I just know that their camera is going to make me look pasty. lol Will pray for you!
Stay warm girls. Put those cats to work snuggling. ;P

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Lil Lady
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Renee
Waynesburg Ohio
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  6:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Count me in.....I am 54 and just learning to play!

Blessings to all!
Go to Top of Page

Lil Lady
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Renee
Waynesburg Ohio
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  6:48:23 PM  Show Profile
I forgot the sign the last post.......Lil Lady 54 and Proud! these wrinkles are from smiling!

Blessings to all!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  7:08:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Renee, Welcome to the group! I love the wrinkle remark. That's what I tell people too when they complain about their wrinkles. It's silly. Fill 'em in?...WHAT...not me...I worked hard to get those. I earned them like MJF badges! LOLOL
You're gonna love it here! I just know it! ;)

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  7:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Well Lil Lady! Welcome to the Over the Hill ladies...and glad of it. That Lil Lady sounds like John Wayne. I don't need to fill in my wrinkles cuz it just adds more weight! What would I want to do that for? Wanted to say hello before we sit down to eat!...and Judy...isn't it past your bed time Dear? I will look forward to yer letter. However the wind is blowin yer way. Not sure when I'll get it.

Good night you ladies..it truely is wonderful to be your sister farmgirl.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

dnelson252
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Debra
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  7:21:07 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhhh ladies.....PITTSBURGH is going to the SUPERBOWL!!! Love those guys!! Good luck on your test. I still have nightmares about college finals...maybe I should talk to someone about that?? Have a good one girls....Debra

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  7:41:58 PM  Show Profile
Debra, Pittsburgh played a good game. When I knew they had it I told DH that I was surprised we couldn't hear you cheering!! Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  9:16:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello again Sisters ! I posted some time ago that I am 53 will be 54 in April. Where has the time gone? Still remember when I was 16, somedays I think I still am that age...then I roll outta bed ! lol ! Ya know what I mean ?

Hugs...Kristy
"Live like you were dyin'"
Sis #2339
Scattered Prairie Gals Chapter
http://www.myhealingthroughartstory.blogspot.com
My studio Blog- http://www.lostcreekstudio.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  9:27:19 PM  Show Profile
Ok...now I am showing my age. New laptop and I hit something that sent my message on it's way ! Ugg !

Anyway, I too am loving this age. This season of my life. No it is not at all what I expected, as I lost my DH this past July. I have the farm and all our memories. Now just trying to find my place in this world. I have decided to follow my passion... Art. One of those things I have done half heartedly all my life. Now I am diving in head first. Online classes and planning on going to a few retreats this spring and summer. Praying it all works out to go. Anyway, after taking care of my son and getting him through college and his Masters degree. Then taking care of my husband as he faught Mesothelioma Lung Cancer and his passing, I have too much time on my hands. So...living a dream. I know my hubby is smiling from heaven and saying.. You go girl !! I deal with disabilities but have learned what I can and can't do. I am blessed to have good friends that love coming to the farm to help with all the outdoor work. I am begging for a raised bed for a veggi garden this spring. I think I have them talked into it! Yeah !
I am so tickled to be here at MJF and having made so many awesome sisters. Each a blessing Young and uhh...wiser.Don't like the O word! lol ! Anyway... I will keep popping in and trying to keep up with you all. Blessings and hugs from my farm ...

Hugs...Kristy
Sis #2339
Go to Top of Page

dnelson252
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Debra
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  07:41:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kristy,
You're right...You go girl!! Follow your dream and don't be afraid to take some detours on the way...who knows where they will lead! I, too, deal with several joint issues and I had my family build raised bed gardens for me. We used cement blocks(seconds). They are 3 1/2 blocks wide and 3 blocks high. Take it about 30" off the ground(no bending or getting on my knees) andat 3 1/2 block wide, I can reach the entire space, from either side, without have undue stress on my back. It is the most wonderful thing!!! I absolutely love it and I can still have my gardens. I have 3 of them and they are 34' long, so that's a lot of produce. The top 16" needs to be decent dirt/compost but under the 16" doesn't really matter since most roots don't go that deep. Best of blessing to you...

Yes, Brenda, you probably did hear us....what a game, but they had me sweating it at the end. Have a wonderful day!! Blessings...Debra

Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  11:48:03 AM  Show Profile
Debra, Thank you for telling of the makeup of your raised beds. That is a wonderful idea. I have some good soil from the barn that will work well for my topsoil. The barn hasn't been Will depend on how big a bed we put up. La la la !! That is my excitement coming through !! lol !!

Hugs...Kristy
Sis #2339
Go to Top of Page

dnelson252
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Debra
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  12:26:03 PM  Show Profile
Kristy,
I hope you try it. It works so wonderful for me! If you Google "cinder block garden" or "cement block garden" you should be able to find more info. I'm hoping to put one up this year for flowers only. It's the only way I could garden and I am so glad to have it. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Debra

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:40:13 PM  Show Profile
I passed my written test with a perfect score when I renewed my drivers license today and aced the vision test too. Yeah!!!!!!! I'm good for another 5 years! Groan!!!! Do you realize how old I'll be then?
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:52:00 PM  Show Profile
Congrats to you Betty. That is quite a feat! Now you can drive all over the place fully confident that you know what you are doing!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:57:48 PM  Show Profile
I don't worry about what I'm doing but I worry about what the other drivers are doing. At least I know I'm qualified to tell my husband he's speeding or he missed his turn. LOL!!!
Go to Top of Page

artfulsister
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Terri
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  05:17:26 AM  Show Profile
Hello all, I am new here and soon to be 52. I am finding the 50's a very interesting time of life.
I am truly enjoying being here and reading all your inspiring posts!

Every day is a new opportunity for joy!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page