Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Susan
Dublin OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  11:11:05 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Kathleen!

Glad to hear daughter and her son are doing fine.

Susan
Farm Sister#3632
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  12:51:10 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, spent some time last night getting caught up on posts......began a response and boom.......lost it into cyber space as well! It was late so figured I would come and say hello today.

I will have to do individual comments later on!

Thanks to all for prayers! My DD SIL is now safely into family hands. Authorities found her a couple days ago. Hopefully there will be a smooth path for her to get treatment and on meds again.

Dianne and Patty- Praying for your family and the health situations. Very scary indeed!!!

Hope that all are having a good and quiet weekend. My gson coming to spend a couple nites here with DD and me.

Welcome to the new ladies!!

I will try and check in later and do comments. Have loved reading all the posts and catching up.

Farmgirl Blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  1:33:08 PM  Show Profile
HI Y'ALL,
Been at my mama's today. Her cat George has been in kidney failure since June and we are having to give some iv fluids to him every 5th day. He does really well with this and even the vet is surprised. The cat is not ready to be put down but with out the fluids he would fail. My mom loves that cat. It will be hard for her when he is gone. He is such company for her.
We had the brisket from the crock pot last night. The meat was a bit chewy but what a good flavor. The gravey was so yummy ( jar mushroom gravy, apple cider, and ginger snaps!) I would do this again.
Glenda, I have great crock pot/slow cooker recipes. One thing I noticed if the recipe calls for 6 hours....mine is usually done in 4-5. I think that the new crock pots cook faster than the older ones. And I love that the pot comes out for clean up.
Darlys, I was in Maui 19 years ago in Dec. My husband told me that this morning. Oh My! That long ago. There was a restaurnt there called Mama's Fish House. Do you know if it is still there? It was wonderful.
Chris, loved the clumboy story. I didn't know of that breed of dogs.
And Hey to Susan from Dublin Ohio. I know where that is. I too am from Ohio but lived in Ga for the last 29 yrs. The Dover Sugarcreek area.
It is a beautiful day here in Ga. The sun was warm and the breeze a little cooler but the leaves are still very pretty.
Hope y'all had a great day!

George the cat

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  2:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I think those hot, dry areas that some of you live in would be a nice place to visit. I think I like living here in the Northeast. Not that I am rigid or anything. lol I will keep my snowstorms and thundersnows, occasional hail and sleet, icey roads and black flies, no see ums and mosquitoes. I think that I am not vigilant enough to live where caution is a way of life. Here i am talking like you live in the dangerous part of a big city and all I am trying to avoid are a few creatures who have no brain to plot and scheme just living their lives as their lives.

I liike the photo of the frog. just resting in the sunshine.

Kathleen welcome and congratulations on a healthy grandson. I have 8 sons and one daughter.

The weather today was cloudy and mild. The sun set with a blaze of orange. Even now with only a few minuts left until the sun is gone until tomorrow there is a streak of orange between the black of the hills and the grey of the clouds.

I was thinking that we are 300 something feet above sea level and our mountains are several hundred feet higher than we are that next to the Tetons and that range of mountains ours would look like bumps. We think they are wonderful.

Have a good night everyone.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  3:29:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,

We had rain last night and there is snow on the mountains in front of the house. It is still cloudy and definitely cold but went to town to the "sew in" held by our quilt guild. I hadn't been before but it's open from 8:30 to 3:30 and you can bring your sewing machine and sew or get help layering a quilt or help someone else. I did mote visitng as I'm trying to come up with some ideas for a fundraiser. I did help cut out some strips for a gal working on a wounded warrior quilt and came across a panel in the donated fabric boxes for some Cristmas stockings so brought it home for the "wounded warriors" stockings we do them for thewm and the women's and children's shelter. Today was the towns Veteran's Day parade but I didn't watch as it was so cold. There were a lot of active duty personel walking around but it's a military town and they're always here but not in full dress uniform like today.

I put some eggs in an incubator this morning. A friend has one but she wasn't haveing much success with it so wanted me to try it out since I know my bantam eggs are fertile. We shall see what happens in 23 days. My two babies are growing so fast and one of them is part silkie as it has feathers growing on it's feet. I know who the daddy is now, at least for that one.

Congrats on the new grandson. I had four sons and three daughters and I have lots of grandchildren. I just wish I lived closer to them so I could spoil them more often.

I hope all of you have a great weekend......
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  4:14:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all your posts. If I miss a day they really stack up. I am having fun getting to know you. Spent yesterday baking and took it all to a community breakfast this morning. We donated the proceeds to help out the local food bank. I just love living in rural Iowa where everyone helps when they can. I am also glad I live in Iowa so I don't have to worry about all of God's crawly critters you southern gals are chatting about. When I was younger my hubby and I were snowmobiling and someone told me to watch out for snow snakes. I really belived him and was scared. When everyone had a good laugh they told my snow snakes were snowmoile tracks in the snow. I have several stories that make me look unsmart LOL
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  5:53:51 PM  Show Profile
snow snakes....wow! they really got you didn't they? Hope you were able to get back at them.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  6:25:09 PM  Show Profile
I was not here for a week and can't believe the pages I need to catch up on. Thelma, Your snow snakes made me laugh and touched my heart. Growing up in the city, after I married we moved to the country. DH and his two brothers had a hay day teasing me about things. But if has been good memories.

Kathleen, Congrat's on the new grandson. Aren't the just a blessing!!

Debra love your little Turkey craft. I've seen alot of cute things made with the little flower pots.

Lynn and Chris, Welcome to our sisterhood. We have a wonderful group of ladies, jump right in and have fun.

Well will check in later and hopefully get caught up.

Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  7:37:45 PM  Show Profile
We took off early today and drove up past Paia to watch the surfers and the "surfing" turtles. It was misting when we got there but stopped by the time we got parked and out of the car. It was windy - lots of white surf ... about a dozen surfers and one windsurfer. Then we went into Paia and did some shopping (more looking than really shopping) and wound up at Flatbread Pizza ... a good organic inspired pizza place. They took so long getting our order to us that they gave us a free dessert. Then we drove back to Lahaina. There was an arts and crafts thing going on - I guess it is every Saturday and Sunday - to benefit the Banyan Tree park. I saw some neat crochet ideas - if I crocheted. A picture frame, a back bag (couldn't really call it a back pack - but same principle) and other stuff. Did a lot of walking. Am pooped.

Hi Susan ... we have had a few of you new girlfriends join us recently. We are wonderful ... and so are you! We applaud age.

Kathleen! Congratulations, grandma! Sweet William wasn't exactly a bitty baby, was he? And, congratulations to your DD and her DH, too. Oh, and also to Grandpa.

How is the house coming along?

Thelma ... snow snakes? It would have got me and I'm from Duluth! (Minnesota!)

Well, gf, you are one after my heart. Baking and donating proceeds to help those less fortunate. (If you jump back a couple of pages you will find me up to my elbows in meatballs - preparing them for volunteers who worked at the Junque Sale ... all proceeds going to FISH to supply emergency relief and stock the food closet.) I believe Debra e has a like minded event at her church.

Debra - Mama's Fish House is still there - we went by it going to and from Paia. We think we may just make reservations and go next Friday evening.

George looks so sweet on that napkin.

Glenda, it wasn't scorpions that were misunderstood -- it was tarantulas. We even have a tarantula festival down the Hwy 41 - in Coarsegold - each year. But ... even so ... I'm not a fan.

Holly - Sunset sounds marvelous. We are getting peachy orange and pink here. Lots and lots of rainbows - some double rainbows out on the water.

Nancy - the frog is adorable ... and I'm not a reptile person. But that expression is - well - adorable. We will have to compare notes on what we try out of Clean Eating. It does look like a good magazine. I'll have to subscribe.

HA! Cyberspace just tried to eat my post! But I foiled it! I had just copied everything I wrote (just in case and just in time).

Naptime, gfs. Hubby's already snoring. I'm going to make BLTs and tomato soup here in the studio tonight. Neither of us are up to anymore walking - even out to eat. Besides, Dancing with the Stars is on. I'm an addict.

Love and Chocolate Macadamia Nut Kisses ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  8:42:00 PM  Show Profile
Man o man girlies, I really had to play Ketch-up!
Welcome to the newbies, Lynn, Chris and Susan. I see an herbalady and I'm herblady. How bout that! Are you an herbalist....or is it more of a culinary thing?
Congrats Kathleen on the new Grand-baby.
Scorpions...Acccckkkk!! No can do!!
Glenda, would love to see pics of your pups!
Nancy, love the frog pic. I think toads&frogs are neat. I collect summer yard decorations of those and turtles.
Praise the Lord Linda that they found your DD SIL. How is she doing now?
Snow-snakes...what a hoot!Surfing-turtles??? Whaaaa??
Well I'm tired...time for bed!
Nite Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  03:09:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning girlfriends! I know I wrote another post Friday evening and must have been sidetracked before I sent it and have lost it somewhere on the way. Baking and donating, spiders and snakes, new babies, incubating eggs and poor George, adorable frog on a bucket, and new farmgals. I don't want you to think I didn't read your post and that you all don't matter. Each post is important and I love reading about your adventures, your sorrows, and triumphs. I am so thankful that I have been blessed with such a wonderful group of ladies to visit with on a daily basis... but this post will be quick this morning.

Susan, I just moved from Grove City/Columbus this spring. I have a dear friend in Dublin named Susan and when I first saw your post I had to double check your name...lol. Imagine all the times we could have been in the same check out line at the grocery or eating at the same restaurant.

A craft event today, My daughter and her family fly in for a 3 week holiday visit, hopefully Jake will be released from the hospital. So I will be pretty busy. Hubby is out in Columbus Ohio to retrieve Jake from the hospital and will be there to help his girlfriend care for him. When he is able to travel Dalous will bring him to Illinois. Hopefully soon. Yesterday morning they were planning on more surgery to his leg, but decided to wait until a later date. It still has a drain tube in it and they still have to deal with the fractured ankle. They are teaching him how to walk on one crutch since his left side is broken. I have some pictures posted of his bike, leg and arm. Please don't look if you have a very weak stomach. I don't mean to make it sound really bad, but it does show the puncture wound where his bone protruded his arm. The motorcycle didn't crash into anything, so it doesn't look bad, but it won't roll and Dalous had a time loading it. It cost almost $200 to pick it up from the impound lot. You would think that if you were the victim and an accident was not your fault that you would get a break there. But for those of you interested in seeing the pics, here is the link.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150918791765212.755695.711825211&type=1&l=6d5ab0e7cb

I need to get some things done before I leave. Straight from the craft event to the airport to pick up my babies. BTW, the 3 year old, Lily was a butterfly for Halloween and she told her mama that she was not coming to Meemaw's on a plane, she is using her butterfly wings. So she may be awhile getting here from California.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Nov 13 2011 03:11:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  03:43:38 AM  Show Profile
hi everyone--its wonderful to meet you all--i will try to learn names as i go along. congrats on the new grandbaby to Kathleen, and plenty of happy thoughts to the little kitty in his sink "bed". he looks so sweet. debra, i am glad your mom has such a dear friend and is able to help him stay well. darlys--you sound like you are having a blast.
its chilly here--autumn is bearing down on us, but the sun is supposed to come out today. yesterday my DH and a friend and I went to a little orchid show--it was lovely. saw several other garden friends i have missed this year and took a ton of pictures. all of you are so busy and engaged in things--i love being in my 50s and i love women in this age group. WE ROCK!
a couple people have asked about clumber spaniels--here is the rundown. they are a somewhat numerically rare breed--about 2500 or so in the US. probably the oldest of the spaniel breeds--they are kind of living antiques--like heirloom livestock. their origin is uncertain--some say great britan, some say france, some say spain. no one really knows. bloodlines are unique--they don't appear to share blood with any other spaniels except possibly the sussex--another rare breed. they are believed to be descended from an alpine spaniel that is now extinct, with a strong possibility of hound blood, esp. basset.
clumbers are heavy boned dogs, built low to the ground. they were bred to work slowly and methodically through dense undergrowth like the heavy thickets on english estates. for many years they were the exclusive dogs of wealthy people. Queen Victoria had a kennel of them, and when they first came to the US they were owned by the DuPont family. they are a flushing spaniel, primarily for birds, but they will go into water to retrieve as well.
i have been around all kinds of dogs most of my adult life--and can honestly say that clumbers are unique. they are exceptionally calm dogs. quiet and highly intelligent; clumbers are very independent thinkers, which to the casual eye can look like stubborness. they have a reputation in the "non clumber" world as being lazy--which most certainly is NOT true. but they have their own agenda.
training a clumber is a great character builder. they will absolutely not tolerate being treated roughly and unfairly--their kindhearted spirits are easily broken by this. positive reinforcement and redirection works wonderfully--and you really have to learn to control your temper. they do not learn quickly, but have phenomenal memories. clumbers are very funny dogs, with eccentric ways and really entertaining body language. calm and unfailingly loyal to their families, they are friendly and welcoming with strangers, but generally after a few minutes of initial hilarity upon greeting a guest, they will lie down where they can view the action, but not really take part. i don't have children, but they are excellent with them as long as they are socialized to them from a young age.
clumbers come from a very small gene pool, and have a number of significant health issues. our beloved old girl whom we recently lost (at 13 yr) had surgery at 8 yr. for a ruptured cervical disc, and spinal problems in this long backed dog are common, as are other orthopedic issues. they are functionally dysplastic. eye and ear problems that are commonplace among the spaniels can also affect them, as can several metabolic and immune issues. we are very lucky to have one of the best known breeders of these dogs very near to us, and he is the source of all the clumbers we have owned. having purchased our first (doctor chumley) as a pet, we now act as a forever home to two retired girls--dorijane (7) and our new girl, shambles(4). having completed their show career and having one litter (dorijane) or having been unable to have babies (shambles) they are now with us in their "forever" homes. we thank the breeder for his faith in us over all these years in entrusting these girls to our care. i never thought i would own purebred dogs--mixed breed rescues were always what we did, but we have truly fallen in love with these dogs, and providing a lifetime loving home for them when they leave the show dog circuit is where we are at now. hope i didn't bore everyone--here is a pic of dorijane(left) and shambles. chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  05:35:22 AM  Show Profile
Chris Love the pics of dorijane and shambles. I'd take a spaniel anytime. Just look at those little faces. I hadn't heard of a clumber before. Learn something everyday. Patty I'll keep a eye out for little Lily and her butterfly wings, How cute! Enjoy your loved ones while there home for the holiday!!!! Hugs,Brenda

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  4:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

Today was overcast and warm for the season. One sweatshirt weather.

We had pork roast, french bread and broccoli for supper with a very well made mushroom gravy from the pan drippings. I really like gravy.

I did not know anything about clumber spaniels. They really are a much heavier boned spaniel that Brittany's. We have had three Brittany's over the years. The faces of your dogs look like the lion from the Wizard of Oz. Very adorable.

Today I cut down some trees for firewood for next winter. I like to cut them in the fall so they have a year to dry. It causes less creosote in the chimney that way.

those are some nasty puncture wounds on Jake. They were cleaned up very nicely. I do not understand why the police impounded the motorcycle when the accident was not his fault and he could not drive it away from the scene of the accident. I wonder if they will find out whose mattress it was in the road. If it was a new mattress then someone might be found. If it was a mattress from just someone moving apartments I would bet it will be abandoned.

Have a good evening everyone.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  5:24:38 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies, hope everyone had a great weekend. Hope both Jake and LOgan are doing well.
I think the reason our posts are disappearing is if we go back a page, aslong as I stay on the last page it stays there, but if I go back farther, when I come back to it, its gone, so the notepad is less trouble for sure.

Aloha Darlys, hope you are having lots of fun, can't wait to hear what adventures you had today. Kathleen, congrats on new g-baby. You are blessed with so many grandbabies. I have 5 but only my one adopted granddaughter is here in Texas. She is such a love, and we have wonderful times together. She cries when I leave and does not understand why we can't all live together in the same house. I will go back in my computer files and see if I can find a cute pic of her from her Disney trip last year. She got to dress up as one of the fantasy characters, makeup and all. yes, she is spoiled.

Welcome Susan, I Like your name gypsy farmgirl--I did the same thing you did--happened to see the magazine and immediately fell in love with the whole MJF thing. One of life's pleasant little surprises. Most people work in the north and retire in the south so you are doing that in reverse, too. I retired to Florida back in the 80's but here I am back again. Loved living there, though.

Debra, doesn't the faster cook time defeat the purpose of the crockpot, that is, that you can leave it in there all day and when you get home its done? Mine has 4 hr and 8 hr choice, but in 4 hrs it is already overcooked. Your recipe sounds good.
Desert Willow Betty, glad you got some rain--we sure could use some. We are about 25 inches below what they call average here. Yes, 25 inches, our lakes are almost dry and all the cities have water restrictions. So far my well is okay but some are having to dig deeper wells or drop their pumps lower in the well if they can.

Yes Darlys, its the tarantulas that everyone is so afraid of and they are supposed to be harmless. But they are still scary. A scorpion sting is like a bee sting. I keep benadryl on hand to take if I get stung but its still painful.

Chris, the Clumbers are very interesting, I thought I knew a lot of dog breeds but had not heard of that one. Good of you to take on the responsibility for promoting the breed, sounds like they come with a lot of issues. I wanted a Pyrenees for a LGD but they have problems with hip displaysia, and they slobber continuously, so I'm re-thinking that.

Nancy, The little frog sure brought a smile--that was a great shot - I try to keep my camera handy but I have misplaced it somehow. Was going to take a pic of my two little fur buddies. When I get up off my heatpad to go to the kitchen or bathroom, and I come back, they are both on it and I have to pick them up and move them so I can have my seat back. Guess I need to get them one of their own.
I was able on the second try to get a pic of my sweet GD Meigan to upload. We got her from China when she was 6 months old, she could not sit alone and had been starved at the orphanage, when we gave her a bottle she attacked it so hard her whole little body broke out in a sweat, I think they must have only given them food once a day and for a short time -- it hurts us still to think what she had to endure so yes we do spoil her every chance we get.
[IMG]http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/Meigan(1).jpg[/IMG
Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 13 2011 5:29:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  5:33:39 PM  Show Profile
I'll try again with that pic.

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  6:09:21 PM  Show Profile
awwwww Glenda, what beautiful little girl...What a sad little story :( How can anybody be that mean >:{

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  05:20:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning sistas! Coffee is done and after reading all the post I am putting my 2 cents in with my 3rd cuppa. I had a lot of catching up to do. Was a very busy day yesterday. Craft sale, and then off to buy car seat, and booster seat for my granddaughters as momma forgot them in the car when daddy unloaded them at the airport. Off to the airport to retrive the girls. Our oldest son was driving his motorcycle to the house to store for the winter, so I had to meet up with his girlfriend in St Louis and drive her up to our house to pick him up. So he kept calling. My Navy son in SC called to tell me about his Red Cross event (He is very active Red Cross volunteer). Hubby was calling. Jake was calling from hospital. I turned off too early for the airport and ended up lost, had to find my way, then couldn't find the parking garage for second terminal. They were all about to stretch me too thin yesterday...lol. And darn those cell phones at times.

Jake is still in the hospital and not sure when they will release him. My daughter and I will head out there tomorrow. The babies had 12 hours of travel yesterday, so we will let them rest today and leave early tomorrow.

Chris, the Clumbers are very pretty dogs. I had never heard of them. And yes, I agree with Holly, they do remind you of the lion from the Wizard of Oz.

Holly- They had to impound the bike as there was no one there to move it for Jake, but you would think they would waive the fees in the circumstances. We are still trying to get a police report... not sure if the person that lost the mattress had stopped or if he kept driving.

Glenda- Your grandaughter is adorable. Her sad story makes for a wonderful outcome. She found a wonderful family with lots of love!

Kathleen- Congratulations, grandma! Another little boy! Little boys are so much fun! I gave birth to 3 boys and a girl and now I have all granddaughters except for one little grandson...lol.

Susan- I too happened upon the magazine and instantly loved the whole concept. I picked up my very first issue at Whole Foods in Dublin...lol. I tried to find a local chapter and there was one, but no one ever responded to my emails. After I lost my husband to cancer I so needed to be around others with like minds. Funny how when you lose a spouse everything changes. The friends you have as a couple, no longer interact as they did before. You are truly the odd wheel and don't fit in. Sad but true. My hubby and I now, both were widows and don't "share" friends so much. I won't ever let that happen again...lol. I have my own friends and I am keeping them to myself. If something happens to this spouse I will not feel so alone.

Well, off to get some work done. Definately have to pick up the yard today. I horrible rain storm came through in the middle of the night. It woke me. It was very windy with lightening and thunder. Limbs all over this morning.

Have a good productive day.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”

A picture of my granddaughters, Lily, Daisy and Azalea. Azalea always has a book in her hands. :)

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Nov 14 2011 05:32:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  07:22:25 AM  Show Profile
Patty, what sweet adorable girls, and I absolutely LOVE their names. They do look like pretty little flowers. I can't imagine your day yesterday, that kind of thing really drives me past my limits sometimes, airports are confusing and trying to drive when you aren't sure where you are going stresses me out big time. Hope Jake is feeling better today. Your comment "funny how when you lose a spouse everything changes" so very true. I don't really understand it but that's the way it is. I also have had similar experience as you with the local farmgirls chapter--
Have a good day everybody. We are actually expecting rain by tonight. Always accompanied by wind and often hail, I have to make sure everything is put away outside and the cars in the garage.

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 14 2011 1:22:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  10:02:21 AM  Show Profile
How sweet they look. I have more grandsons than granddaughters and my youngerst grands are boys. My oldest grandchild is 31 and the youngest about 2. I have 6 granddaughters and 15 grandsons of my own and then there are hubby's grandchildren that I also count as mine. Out of his 13 grands there are only 4 that are girls. He has one greatgrandson and one greatgranddaughter with another girl due next month.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  11:54:13 AM  Show Profile
Ladies Linda(Ks)ask that I let you know that she is so busy right now she can't post. They finally got SIL of Lindas DD back home. Their home not at home with her husband. That's another story Linda can explain later. But they are busy trying to get her dr. reports and permission from husband to admit her into the hospital to get med's started and leveled out. So Linda is taking care of three of the grandchildren, ages 11,10, and 3. So when we do try to talk, its a short call, there's always something she needs to be doing. I laughed this morning when she texted me and said "Do you remember trying to get 3 kids up and ready for school." There's no bus service so she has to drive them every morning and afternoon. So could everyone remember her and the entire family in your prayers. At least SIL has been found and just knowing she will be taken care of was a relief. Praying all are having a good day, and will check back later. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  2:08:27 PM  Show Profile
~~~whew~~~ Breathe...breathe...breathe........just reading all this makes me *huff'n puff*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  4:02:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Penny you are in my prayers every morning. I keep praying for full recovery.
The bunnies are both girls. Sisters infact. DH is working on the hutch. Right now they are in a kind of rabit tractor.
They are not impressed.

Patty I am so glad james came through surgery ok. It is always scary when they are out longer than you expected. He is in my prayers.

Debra I can't wait for the angels made out of pine cones. While my DH was hunting I picked up lots of pine cones. I was wondering what to do with them.

Lynn and Chris and Susan Hi and welcome. This is a great bunch of ladies and tomboys or both. LOL

Glenda I love "Dark Shadows" I would race home from school to watch it every day. I cried when they took it off the air.At least in my area they did.

I have a few post read and answered. I take the weekend off and you ladies post 4 new pages.!! Awesome!! The concert was great and the missions group raised
over $300 to help send people on mission trips. I was so tired by the Time I got home I could hardly move but it was fun.
I need to get off for now but I will get back on and let everyone know how Logan is doing. If you keep talking about all that great food I may have to start a road trip.
A really long road trip. I love food. All kinds of food. It loves me to I guess because it wont go away. It just hangs around. On my thighs and hips and well you get the idea
LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  04:13:16 AM  Show Profile
good morning all--off today with another new farmgirl sister--marianne. hopefully she will post a hello later on today. we joined together and she is coming over to use the computer. glenda--what a perfectly lovely little girl. how lucky she is to have found a loving home. girls are so devalued in china--its tragic. and patty--those little "flower girls" are just adorable. i can't decide which one is the cutest. sounds like rain is making its way across the country--we had torrents yesterday. have a great day everyone! chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  04:18:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Getting ready to head out of here and make the 7 hour road trip to Ohio. Will probably take 8 hours traveling with 3 little girls. I hope we are out of here within the hour. I hate to get there after dark. :( The girls packed their traveling lunch last night so they are ready as soon as they get up. They are on gluten free diets so our eating on the road is very limited. I am so anxious to see Jake. He will be coming here next week after all of his dr appointments. I will go to the thrift stores while I am out there. Columbus has some of the best thrift stores, and lots of them. At the "Ohio Thrift" prices are so much more reasonable than Goodwill. On our way back I will be sure to stop in Springfield at "2000 Crafts". Well, I had better get ready to head out of here. Take care, and hopefully I can keep up with everyone while I am gone. It is too hard to try to play catch up on here...lol

Patty #1840

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Nov 15 2011 04:19:41 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page