Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  05:03:10 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree girls, it's so hard to catch up on here! Miss a few days and we miss a lot. Fell asleep last night reading all the posts I'd missed, sitting sort of on my back/butt on my couch! Skipping work today to get the last of the wood stacked and new smaller wire around my chicken pens before it gets really cold and snowy around here!

Always something with these animals. Came home at 2 am from Portland and found something trying to kill one of the chickens. So, I bring her into the house and spent the last 4 days trying to nurse her but sadly last night she died. On Sat. I heard ruckus out there and went out to find no chickens, but a Snowy White Owl eating one of my girls! I picked up a bamboo stake next to the shed and threw it at him and he just sat there looking at me. I ran up the hill into the house screaming "David, get me my gun, I'm going to kill that "*******" owl but by the time I got the gun out, brought it down to David who had hobbled outside and gave it to him to load because after all, I haven't had time to learn how to use it, the owl finally flew all of 20 feet away, waiting I'm sure for us to leave him his "kill". I can't believe how we had 12 chickens, lost one, was left four, and now, we are down to only eight. So those eight will not be let out of their coop until I have fortified these pens! Which is a chore when it's just you and each pen is about 10 by 10 by 10!

Ok, I didn't use my post it so I'm winging it here but I loved seeing the frog, dogs, and beautiful little girls. Glenda's granddaughter reminds me of my niece and two nephews all dressed up in their traditional clothing from Korea. Adorable! I love Patty's GD's names and like Azalea my daughter always had a book in hand too! In fact we had to argue and argue with her Kindergarden teacher because she insisted on keeping her back a year, said she wasn't ready because during free time she would always go to the book corner instead of playing with the other kids, which apparently made her unsocialable. The next year she finally apologized in T-1 when she realized it was my DD nature to always read books. I mean, really, the kid was an only child and books where and still are her best friend! Doesn't matter now, she's 28.

I'm also praying Jake is going to be ok. I think it's going to be a long recovery for him and sadly it's just beginning but he obviously has lots of family and friends to help him through it.

Loved the turkey "craft" too, so cute.

Ok, I'm off to get stiff, sore, and a little wet. The joys of rural living, lol!

Forgot, my 2 cents for the bunnies names - Thing one and Thing two or Twiddle dee and Twiddle dum. Really, if they are both girls you could name them Thelma and Louis. We had two buns who lived in a hutch for 13 years. I so like having Oggie as an indoor bunny more though. Like someone said, we have him litter box trained, the house bunny proofed, and where he can't be, we just don't put carpet trails which stops him from walking on most floors. I'll never forget my boss one day, I called and said I won't be in work as the bunny ate the phone cords and I was waiting for the phone guy to come and fix them. He said "well that's a first in the I can't come to work catagory"!

Have a wonderful week ladies and a BIG WELCOME to the new girls!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  06:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Ladies... It will be nice when I can check in on a regular basis because it is nearly impossible to track of all the pages you produce between my visits.

For all those who have been coping with a loved one getting sick or hurt or missing, you and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

The three little girls are so sweet. They gave me tingles by reminding me of when my three girls were that age. How I miss those times.

I will be so happy when I can start cooking again and living normally. The restoration of the house is going so slowly. Not even one room is completely finished. The kitchen is the most near completion, it could be finished this week if the contractor would move his backside.
The walls were all primed and painted, and showed all the faults with the skimcoat, so another wall guy came it to "fix" things. The work on the kitchen began Labor Day week and I doubt it will be finished in time for Thanksgiving. I told the contractor that we are hosting Christmas Eve dinner and the house must be finished by the end of November. Ha! Like that's going to happen.

My DD and baby are going home from hospital today and I haven't been able to get to Providence to see them yet. DH is has been home with the flu (never saw him this sick) so I expect to begin showing symptoms soon and don't want to risk getting her and William sick.

{{{hugs}}}

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447

Edited by - NixKat on Nov 15 2011 06:52:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  07:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi All,
I promise I have read everyone's posts but so busy getting swaps and barters out today. Welcome to the new girls, you will love it here, I am sorry I don't have time to comment to each of you, but I promise to get to know you all soon. Busy weekend, a little tough tho with my back hurting like it is...but something good did come from it. The couple that came, she is over the x-ray department at a near by hospital and she said she can do an MRI on me for free. Said she will call when she can do it....so that is good.

I do want to say I am glad Jake is doing good...and I will be back tonight or tomorrow to try and catch up with my posts.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  07:43:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Update on Logan He is doing good. No reactions to the antibiotics. He is grumpy but that is to be expected. Poor baby still does not feel real good.

Debra I am with you on the crockpot time. I just got a new one and I think it cooks even faster than the one I had before. I love to do bar-b-que chicken
in my slow cooker / crock pot. It is easy and always gets complaments. All you doo is put your chicken parts (we like legs and thighs) in and pour your favorite
bbq sauce over it and let it cook for about 4-6 hours. The longer it cooks the meat will just fall off the bone.

Holly I have seen the Tetons. We went through there this summer when we went to Yellowstone. They are truly awesome to look at. I live were we have lots of mountains
but the Tetons make some of ours look like mole hills. LOL So you go right ahead a love your mountains. I hope one day to see the mountains in Vermont. On the list of things to do. Soon!

Thelma I think all of have those stories. When we share them it gives us all a good laugh. And "laughter is the best medicine"

Kathlene I wanted to add my congrats on the new grandson. I have more sons and grandsons than daughters and granddaughters. I have so much fun with them. Then I am kind of a tomboy at heart.
Must be why my daughters are too.LOL

Chris thank you for the info on the dogs. We usually have rescue dogs. But it is always neat to hear about specialty breeds. I am glad you can provide a home for them and that the breeder will do that.
A lot of breeders just put the dogs down when they are done in the show ring or breeding areas.

Glenda she is precious.It is hard to believe that that kind of stuff goes on in this day and age. I am glad she has you and you have her.

I guess I get to join the rest of you. I found the magazine and liked it. I got a subscriptuion and liked it so much I got a gift subscription for my GF. She liked it so much that she said
I could just get her that every Christmas and she would be happy.I did not go on the chat sites till recently. I am glad I did and wish I had not waited so long.

Patty The are cute. Aren't grandkids great. I always had, have a book with me too.

Brenda You let Linda know I have not stopped praying for her and her family. I am so glad they found the girl and she is ok. I will keep them all in my prayers. Linda really needs an extra prayer.
3 kids to get up and ready for school. I don't know if I could do that now.

Patty safe travels to you. I am sure Jake will be glad to see you just as you will be to see him.

Ginny I would have got a gun to shoot that owl too. Even though I think they are beautiful birds. No one person or animal goes after my girls. They are like family. We found one hurt and brought her in the house to get well.
She stayed so long getting well that we called her house chicken because if the door was open she would just come in and make herself to home. We did finally change her name to Greta. She is an Aracana.
After the atack she quit laying green eggs. They are brown now but she is faithful to lay one egg almost everyday.

I need to get off this computer and get things done. I think I have fianally read everyones post. Know you are all in my prayers and thoughts.

Dianne(ID)
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  09:30:16 AM  Show Profile
I thought I would not post for a couple of days and let everyone catch up but wanted to share this with you. In our small town newspaper there is always a wonderful article written by our local Natural Health Store owner. I see she has now posted a website www.naturalcowgirl.wordpress.com I have not looked it up. Because I know some of you suffer from Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, wanted to tell you she recommends something called d-ribose. I have never heard of it but thought I'd pass it on to anyone who wants to look into it.

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  11:12:47 AM  Show Profile
Dianne thank you so much for the prayers, Linda truely loves all of you and feels you love and prayers. Have a good evening everyone, going baby shopping with my DD and GD. Of course we'll need to stop for dinner!!!!! Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  11:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,

I just took time out for a cup of coffee and then it's back to my sewing room. I'll finish the four Christmas stockings for the Wounded Warriors today and I have enough scraps to fill a pillow when I make the pillow that is. Our quilt guild makes the pillows in different sizes out of scraps, even filling them with scraps and they're donated to the animal shelter in town. That way the dogs and cats have something warm to sleep on. I always have scraps when sewing and never thought about making these until it came up at a meeting.

As I was sitting at the sewing machine I glanced out the window at the view of the mountains and my front garden and there was a flock of Goldfinches perched on the dead sunflowers eating seeds. The stalks were bending over but they didn't seem to care. It never ceases to amaze me how many different birds we have here in the desert. You would think they'd go to wetter and greener climates. I even have year round hummingbirds. The other day I counted 9 at the kitchen window feeder. We get three different kinds depending on the time of year and sometimes more when it's migration.

This is a busy location. Everyone is always doing something or going somewhere. I mentioned before that I have eggs in an incubator. I'm at day 3 so still have a ways to go.

It's a cool sunny day today and we have been blessed with no wind. I would be very happy if we never had any because our winds get bad here at times.

I have my chicken pen covered with wire so the owls and hawks can't get to mine. The coop is attached to the pen and the pen is 20x12. I have wire buried below ground so nothing can dig under since we have coyote and fox and bobcats. I've never seen anything except the hawks and they're funny to watch because they can't understand why they can't get to my girls. They cock their head from side to side trying to figure it out. We get Coopers and Red Tailed Hawks. We also get Turkey Vultures during migration.

By for now. Have to get back to the machine. Have a good one!
Go to Top of Page

Summer dream
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Marianne
Walkerton In
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  12:31:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi my name is marianne I live in Walkerton, In I live on a 80 acer farm and I'm starting a natural truck farm . Recently our farm was all in hay.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  12:37:33 PM  Show Profile
***Hoooraaaaaayyy*** Christmas music came on the radio today.Mom called me to tell me! It's that time!!!
How about you? Are you ready for the music?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  2:57:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Marianne, so glad you are here. Would love to hear more about your plans for your farm. Sounds like an exciting new venture. I lease out 22 acres for livestock grazing and I manage about 9 acres myself, for a total of 31 acres. Will you be farming by yourself or do you have family?
Judy I'm one of those people who likes Christmas to wait til after Thanksgiving. I do love the music but by Christmas Day I'm ready to hear something else. Of course we have no snow to get us in the mood. Today I have my A/C on if you can believe that.

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 15 2011 3:01:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  3:34:13 PM  Show Profile
I have the flu!
YUK!!!
Give me chicken noodle soup and tea!!!
(Just wanted to let someone know.)
Will post later,

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  4:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Debra ... I'm so sorry. Stay warm, chicken soup and get well.

Kathleen ... for your DH, too. I do hope it bypasses you, gf.

I got a flu shot a couple of weeks ago. DH hasn't gotten his yet.

Ohmygosh ... I skip a day or 2 and although I've read every single post - I'll never catch up with responding. Oh well, from what I've been reading - I'm not alone. Got to say though that those photos of the girls ... the darling dressed up picture of your "spoiled" grandbaby, Glenda, is marvelous. She looks like she should be in a magazine promoting an Asian tour, perhaps. I am so glad your family rescued her from the orphanage. I shudder to think what happens to the little ones that have been abandoned over there. Lordy, she is so beautiful!

And Patty.... Lily, Daisy and Azalea are so precious. I love that photo of the 3 of them lined up - and Azalea (with her book - that was me at her age). It looks like Lily made the trip safely with her butterfly wings. I mean, I was a little concerned for her what with the unstable weather patterns and all. Looks like Daisy acquired Lily's transporation on the front of her shirt! You just have an "aaawwww" photo there. I just want to scoop up all these little girls and hug 'em. I hope you and the girls have a safe and sane trip and that you find Jake in good spirits. I'll be praying for you, gf. You've got a lot on your plate.

Hi Marianne! and welcome to the greatest group of girlfriends on earth - or anyplace else for that matter! Don't get discouraged when your posts go poof! It's happening to all of us - a lot. Most of us use Sticky Notes or Notepad to compose our posts and then copy them to the Quick Reply space. I actually just copied what I wrote a moment ago because I was too lazy to bring up Notepad and I'm so glad I did. I no sooner greeted you than everything went cattywhumped into cyberspace. But I was able to paste most of it back here because I had copied it.

Judy! Sister-chick! I started playing Christmas music CDs while I was making those meatballs for the Junque Sale. I'm so ready. But, also, like Glenda -- I'll be tired of it by the time Christmas actually rolls around. I've picked up a few tree ornaments while here. They are putting up Christmas decorations in some of the stores already.

I read the chicken stories with great interest. I hope to get chickens when we move to Oakhurst permanently.

Nancy, where are you? Did I miss a post? Or are you away? I'll have to go back and look. But not right this minute.

We drove over to Kihei on Sunday mainly so I could indulge my passion for fabric and stuff at the Maui Quilt Shop. Right next door was a huge antique shop - "no reasonable offer refused." Both were closed! So we came back - DH was very sweet about it.

We were being moved from the studio into a full one bedroom unit anyway and had to wait for the unit to finish being cleaned. This is much more comfortable with a full sized kitchen and livingroom and separate bedroom and a considerably bigger lanai. The views are spectacular. We can see both Molokai and Lana'i from here (west side of Maui)and the water is so blue - stretching forever. The tradewinds have finally abated and we are enjoying balmy 82 degree weather without the "fan."

I'm beginning to lose track of time. I guess that could be a good Maui kind of thing - or it could also be a senior thing. I was all set to watch Dancing With the Stars a couple of nights ago and Larry woke up from his nap and informed me that it was Saturday and Dancing would be on Monday! Oh shoot! I had to settle for the news - and about all they were reporting was the traffic stuff going on because of APEC meeting in Honolulu. Well, we did take a walk on the beach, too. But Dancing was on last night and the semi-finalists all deserve to be finalists. So it will be sad to see someone go tonight. We also watched a couple of HGTV programs. We ate in. I had gotten a Rotisserie chicken at Safeway and made a baked potato and steamed broccoli in the microwave.

Well, gfs, I must go sit on the lanai. Or maybe we'll wander down to the pools. We have to get some lunch soon, too. I'm thinking Pailolo ... great salads and best hamburgers (almost) ever! It's by the pools and they will deliver poolside.

Chocolate -- Macadamia Nut - Kisses ... (we need another box)

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Nov 16 2011 11:09:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  4:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

today was overcast and warm. one sweatshirt weather. until sundown when the clouds cleared.

We had a gosshawk in the spring. I think I wrote the story on another board a while ago. I was up early and the meat birds were raising a rukus. I looked out the window and there was a big grey hawk plucking the feathers out of one of our birds. I let it finish eating figuring the bird was already dead so no more harm. In the past we have had hawks take a bird on the migration so I thought this bird would fill its belly and move on. The next morning at the same time we heard a ruckus and the hawk was eating another of our meat chickens. That night we put the rest of the birds in the new house I had made them. The hawk came and flew at the wire grabbing it with its talons and flapping its wings. The hawk made two more visits and moved on. I did take some 2" X 4" s and make a frame and cover it on the sides and top with chicken wire. It did save the meat birds and then the turkeys from predators but it significantly reduced the size of the pen for their grazing. I will have to ruminate on a better fix for next year. People told me I could shoot it. I told them my brain was bigger than its and I should be able to figure out a solution. The hawk was just trying to survive.

We have had problems with raccoons in the past but not coyote. We take in old chickens that are advertised in the paper for free. I do not mind the wild things eating these birds at all. I wish they would stay away from my young ones.

I might be a tomboy and was one growing up but my daughter has made a great effort to be the antithesis. She has a way with makeup and clothes. She would rather clean the house than work outside. She loves to go shopping. If she wants something badly she will do chores outside. Someday she will value our life here but now at 15 she appreciates very little of our way of life.

Last week a young woman in town hosted a showing of Food Inc, it is a documentary on corporate farming. Two of my sons went ages 17 and 14. they were totally disgusted. I think they may be appreciating more out choices now.

I hope everyone is doing the best they are able and happiness is within reach.

Goodnight,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Relientkrazy
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Connie Jo
Portland OR
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  7:45:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi! This is my first post as a Farmgirl...I have only been one for 3 days! My name is Connie Jo and I live in Portland, OR, but I grew up in Eastern Oregon in a little house on the school yard of a 80-student country school. My dad and mom were the janitors, bus driver, and substitute cook. I hope to someday have a little hobby farm, as they eventually did. :)

I am 55 and love to sew, craft, cook, and live a simple life. I can't wait to meet some like-minded, caring farmgirls to be friends with.

Farmgirl Sister,

Connie Jo #3640
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  8:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Connie Jo, and Marianne. Hope you enjoy our group. It keeps growing and growing. Connie, we go through Portland when we go to see my daughter that lives in Tenino, WA.

Sorry to hear you're sick Debra. Get well soon. It's no fun to be sick.

It was a lovely day here today. I even had the door open this afternoon. I finished the wounded warrior Christmas stockings and started quilting my daughters quilt I'm giving her for Christmas. I cut up a bunch of scraps for the animal shelter pillows and have enough to make a small dog or cat pillow. They need some bigger ones for the big dogs so may wait until I have more scraps for that.

I may have another chicken going broody. If so I have some bantam eggs I can slip under her. I have 10 in the incubator now so I may have more chickens than I need. That's all right I can always sell them and they go pretty quick around here.

I heard the first Christmas carol on the radio today and like some of you I like to wait until after Thanksgiving. I just found out tonight that my daughter in law, her husband and three grown children will be here for Thanksgiving. She's going to bring a green bean casserole and a fruit salad which is my husbands favorite. I'll make the turkey and ham and the potatoes, gravy and stuffing and also the pumpkin pies. One sugar free for my son in law as he's diabetic. I'll go grocery shopping on Friday I guess.

Well, time to call it a night. Sleep tight everyone. Betty
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  10:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ladies, I'm trying to decide if I should say good evening or good morning...lol..it's 1 am...I am so far behind, but wanted to say hi to the newbies

Hello, Connie Jo, and Marianne you will love this wonderful group of women, they invited me into their group back in July and now I am just one of them, you will be to in know time. We can be happy, sad, in the middle, up on top or down below, we can praise our lives, or vent with the best of them, but one thing always holds true, we love each other, are here for each other and will always support each other...so jump on in and have some fun.

I know I will leave someone out because I'm not using my note pad tonight so forgive me..

Megan you are a wonderful young lady, we have always seen it...maybe someday your Dad will too...hang in there little chickadee....

Judy, glad you are happy about the Christmas music, me, I would rather we wait till after Thanksgiving,

Betty CA, sure would love to see pic of the stockings...bet they are beautiful

Holly, sounds to me like you have raised very wise sons, way to go.

Darlys, I sure wish I could have gotten in that suitcase...

Debra, I sure hope you feel better soon.

Glenda, it was warm enough here today for the A/C but I sweated through it...lol...

Dianne, so happy to hear Logan is doing good, hope he completely recovers soon

Brenda, hugs to you and Linda.

Prayers to everyone that needs it...hopefully I will be back full time soon...going to bed in a bit and rest my back some more.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  03:02:16 AM  Show Profile
Sisters I had the best evening with DD and GD. We went for dinner and than baby shopping for my soon to be GS. The little sleepers for a NB is so tiny and cute. Just made me more excited for Feb. to get here. I spent yesterday making burp pads from cute little boy print flannel. They are so cute! Got his bunting made and think I'll do a couple more. You can never have too many. When DD and GD and I get together we are always laughing. And most of the time its something I did, showing my age. They had already checked out at Kohl's and went ahead to the car. It was really dark when I finially went out. With all the bright lights in the parking lot, I couldn't remember where we parked. And the lights put such a glare on the cars that I couldn't find her car. Finally she turned on her lights and thought "Well I hope thats her." Walking toward the car I just started laughing thinking about what I looked like wandering around trying to find them. They both asked me when I opened the door what I was laughing so hard about. I told them, ME, what else.I've seemed to be the joke anymore. Thats ok, I can take it!!!! We may be a little crazy, but we just sat there all three of us laughing.

Connie Jo and Marianne Welcome to our fun little group. Can't wait to get to know you both.
Debra I'm praying that you are feeling better. It seems like everyone is getting hit with the bug early this year. And Kathleen praying for your DH that he is also doing better and that it bypasses you. Take care!

Well ladies going to do more sewing today and need to make a grocery store run. Later gaters!
Hugs,Brenda

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  04:21:25 AM  Show Profile
hi all--glad to see marianne got a post on here. she and i spent yesterday shopping and hanging out together--it was such fun. and we both hit home runs buying the perfect fabric for our respective rooms.
holly and ginny--how very lucky you are to have those beautiful birds of prey. i know they can be a problem--but a high level predator is evidence of a healthy ecosystem. i have never seen either a goshawk or a snowy owl. we have barred and horned owls here, and sharp shinned hawks and another large species of hawk that often raises a brood at the edge of our woods. its not a red tail--but i think it might be a broad winged or rough legged hawk. i never got really good at identifying a lot of the raptors. i know if (no WHEN) i get hens again i am going to have to take measures to keep them safe. although around here they coyotes are more of a threat than the raptors.
betty--you are SO LUCKY to have baby chicks on the way. i am desperate to have chickens again, but we have to build a new henhouse first that i can see from the house.
brenda--you crack me up. that's exactly what i do in parking lots, but i don't have anyone to turn the car lights on for me. so i just wander aimlessly pressing the remote and trying to follow the sound of the beeps the car makes.
darlys--you are in such a lovely time warp--don't be in a hurry to come out :-)
debra--happy thoughts to get you well SOON. take care of yourself.
hi connie jo--i love your name--its as farmgirl as they come! hope to get to know you soon.
dianne--its so nice to meet you, penny--take it easy and rest your back! i hope it feels better very soon.
hope that's everybody--its lovely to find such an active thread! have a great day everyone! chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

raspberryrose
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Catherine
Virginia Beach VA
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  05:26:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm 56 (I think . . . sometimes I forget to add a year now and then)!

Toodles!
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  05:47:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Here I am. I wrote yesterday and it is not here so I think in my rush I failed to hit the sumbmit button. Sometimes I wonder where I am. Just a big daydreamer. My bird, Kakpila, died on Monday night and I guess I was thinking about that. She was about 7 years old and I was missing her little singing and chirping yesterday. When I get up in the morning she is there to greet me. I am going to miss that a lot. We had a little funeral and buried her in our yard. I said a little poem for her and had some flowers. Usually these lovebirds live to around 9 0r 10 years old. Kapila was not the strongest of the lovebirds I have had so I was not surprised that she didn't live as long as others that I have had.

Welcome Marianne. Just jump in and join us. You will love it here.

I have had a cold for the last 3 or 4 days. My DH gave it to me. He has had one for about a week. I am better today and really over it. I am sorry to hear you have the flu Debra. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care of yourself and get your rest.

Patty, those granddaughters are so darling. What sweet names they have. I really sympathize with you about driving at the airport with all those signs and lanes. It can be so easy to get lost there.

Kathleen, congratulations on your new grandson. Lots of boys. I have 5 granddaughters and no grandsons. My grandparents had 23 grandsons and only 4 granddaughters. Boys are lots of fun though. It is never dull when they are around. I loved playing with my cousins and my brother. Guess I was sort of a tomboy and still am at heart.

Dianne, I didn't know the bunnies were both girls. I guess Lucy and Desi won't do for names. How about Dolly and Molly?

Ginny, wow! you have had a time with those chickens. You sound exhausted trying to keep that owl away from them. I can feel your desperation and exasperation at seeing that owl just sitting there waiting for you to go away.

Darlys, reading about Maui brings up all my lovely memories of my trip to Hawaii. I have such a nice time there and I loved that place so much. The water in the sea is so incredible. The prettiest blue and oh how lucky you are to get to sit out on the lanai and enjoy the view. Aaaah! I am glad you are enjoying youself after all that work you did on the Junque sale.

Holly, I found what you wrote about the hawks and the chickens very interesting. I grew up in a suberb and never had chickens to raise or any farm animals so I am learning a lot about these things. I did do a lot of walking and rode the busses when I was young. I find my children and grandchildren will go the the gym and run for exercise but will not walk to get someplace or will not take a bus if they have to go someplace. If they cannot use a car they will pay to call a cab. If the place is within walking distance they will stay home rather than walk to get there.

My youngest granddaughter just told me she is now a vegan. She is giving up milk products and all animal products. She said she has read books and knows what she needs to do. I told her she will have to eat many "greens" and "beans" and things like that. This is a kid who was the most picky eater as a child. She would only eat 3 grapes ad a slice of turkey meat for lunch. I kind of knew she would change a bit when she told me she was going to college at San Francisco State University. She likes to try things that are different so this will be good for her if she follows it carefully. She likes to cook and has a couple of friends who are vegan too. I told her to be sure to take her vitamin B12. I don't know if she can go too long without ice cream although I know there is a soy ice cream and a rice ice cream that tasted pretty good.

I am playing my Christmas music in the house this week and love hearing all the songs. I am feeling pretty happy that I have almost all the gifts made and just little things left to make. Maybe we will start to get some cooler mornings here so I can bake without getting the house too warm. Gosh, Thanksgiving is only a week away.

My prayers for everyone.

Hugs and more hugs. I will hit the submit button today! LOL
Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  07:34:41 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everybody, welcome new friends, get well you guys who are under the weather. Enjoyed all the posts.
Quick funny on me and then back to work==I promised myself I would NOT go to Pinterest today.
Your stories of hunting for your car in the parking lot reminds me of this:
A few years back we bought a new red Suburban, there has to be a jillion of them out there just alike. When we went to town we always had to go with a long list because, like some of you, it is a long trip. My last stop of the day was Office Depot and we were tired so he stayed in the car while I went inside. I took care of my list, walked back to the car, got in, buckled my seatbelt, then glanced over to the console and noticed the junk on the console was not our junk. I then looked over at my "husband" and saw a complete stranger sitting there with a big grin on his face, he said "If you got the money lady, I got the time". I got the heck out of there, his wife had followed me out of the store, realized what had happened, we both just about fell down laughing, I went a couple of cars over where my identical Suburban sat, with almost identical bald head sleeping in the driver's seat, my husband had seen nothing because he was asleep, when I told him he didn't even think it was funny, just stupid. Big Red Flag.
Have a fabulous day, everybody. I plan to.
Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 16 2011 07:38:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  11:54:31 AM  Show Profile
Glenda I can't hardly type this for laughing!!! Don't you just feel the whole parking lot of people are looking at you and knowing that your lost. And you try to act like you know what your doing, yet the confused facial expression tells it all. Thank goodness that his wife was right behind you, at least you both got a good laugh. By the remark he made to you, His wife has probably done it before. hahaha Thanks for the chuckle!! Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Summer dream
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Marianne
Walkerton In
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  12:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon to all . I'm so excited to join all of you . I've been a fan since I opened my first magazine. To Glenda, I have 5 kids all married and 6 grand kids and of course my husband so I will have help with the truck farm. Lots to do before spring. I need to catch up on all those things that need to be done inside. Great to read all your notes By for now. Marianne
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  12:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Acelady, will post photos of the Christmas stockings as soon as I can take photos. Have a busy day ahead and am already 5 hours into all I have to do. Then hubby just called and needs me to pick up ice cream and cookies for his lodge meeting tonight so will have to go to town earlier than planned to do that and make my meeting on time. Have a great day everyone. Betty
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  1:51:05 PM  Show Profile
too funny!!!! love it, glenda!

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page