darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  1:01:18 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I can't imagine what Cheri must be going through. This first year will probably be the hardest on her. I agree with the others that counseling could be helpful - but that will take time. The loss of hope - although it was hope without any real chance of having the wished for outcome - is still a powerful and crushing thing. I will put Cheri (and you) in my prayers. I wish I had answers. I'm sure she knows how much you love her and appreciate her. That assurance is a comfort even while the world seems cold. I can't think of anyone who would be more perfect to be there as she struggles to work through this, and for supporting her healing process, than you. It is sad - the loss of hope. But she has a wise, caring and very remarkable partner. God bless you both.

Nancy - Happy Anniversary! Mine too - 11 years today. And Larry is just shy of 6 years younger than me ... he was never married before me - and he is truly the jackpot of husbands. He just loves me so much and I adore him, too. These younger fellas know a good thing, don't they?!

Nancy & Glenda -- we are all so much stronger for having endured marriage #1. I call it practice ... so was #2 for that matter. BTW, my first husband was what I called a womanizer (or skirt chaser)... but he kept cheating and then marrying the other woman ... 5 wives before he died 30 years ago at age 44. Every once in a while I try to say something nice about him to the kids .... and I get "Mom, remember why you divorced him!" They loved him but were also aware of his, shall we say, indiscretions and other shortcomings. After #2 (alcoholic) - I saw a guy who was 10 years my senior for a while. Met in church. He was good looking and had loads of personality ... but after a couple of years I got tired of (1) his narcissism (2) his over the top obsession with me (3) being treated like a little girl. So glad I sent him packing. He was actually really mad at me for that. He, after all, was God's Gift!

Thelma's birthday - Dec. 28 - got it. I agree Glenda, she can't be hitting 65 this month -- (same bday as my youngest son who will be 36) Great picture, Mrs. Santa. Good looking Mr., too. No wonder you can't keep his clothes clean -- all that chimney soot.

Ginny, I respect everyone's opinion - even when I don't agree. We all have our reasons for voting as we do ... and politics has never played into my friendships in a negative way as there are so many other areas of wonderful, positive and common ground. 'Nuff. You just squeeze in the suitcase right here, gf. Put on your party shoes! What? You just got a pedicure? O, what the hey, lets all go barefoot!

Playa Del Carmen! Sweeeet! Oh wow, Glenda, food and drinks included? Well, shut the door!

And, Glenda! Ballroom dancing? Cool! I have enthusiastic rhythm and 2 left feet. See me bouncing all over the dance floor -- oops! Didn't mean to fall over on your table, babe. Hope that Strawberry Margherita doesn't stain. WooHoo - Bet that table over there would hold me!

Holly, no cheating playing poker in the overhead. Dianne may have to call in reinforcements ... Oh, did I say I'm available. That side zipper compartment is getting tight .... Penny, quit hogging the headphones! Nancy is sweetly sharing the little snack thingys - but she is being too nice ... I wonder why. Hey, did you see that cute flight attendant. He's probably sneaking her extra snacks. Again, I wonder why ...

Chocolate Kisses ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Dec 02 2011 1:21:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  2:26:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Holly Thanks for letting me ride with you and the pool boy. Poker sounds like fun as long as you don't laugh when I ask what beats what. I am a little
rusty at poker. My DH and I play pinochle with friends.

Our chickens are picky about where they lay. If one chicken is in a nest box they all want that box. They raise such a fuss some times.

Brenda Her name is Bev. She and her brother are the last siblings alive. My DH lost his mother and Gmother 2 years ago. His Uncle is not well either. He has decided to fight the infection he had.
A switch from the last report. We were told he had givrn up. Thank You to everyone who has been praying for my DH's Aunt and Uncle.

Thelma That is a wonderful picture. Now I have another face to put with the post.

Glenda The Mexican Riviera sounds wonderful at this time of year. We have had sun but cold temps and cold wind. I don't like wind! A warm place to lay in the sun sounds wonderful.

Nancy and Darlys Happy Annaversery! It is truly a blessing to find a good guy. They are few and far between. My DH and I will celebrate 25 years on the 6th.

Holly The one thing that is hard for me is hearing about the wonderful fathers some of you had. I was never good enough for mine. The failed marriages did not help. When he passed away
I cried for the loss of what could have, should have been. Yes I understand loss of hope. He has been gone a long time now and I can say that sometimes it still hurts, but as with all things
time has eased the pain. What has helped the most is the love of my DH and kids. They helped me see that I am fine the way I am. Love is a precious thing. Keep it growing and time will ease the pain.
Give your partner a big hug and let her know you are there for her. I will pray for your family.

I am out of here. My Gkid LynnZ plays with her Violin group tonight at the opening of the Festival of Trees. The the Holiday parade and shopping down town. That is all before I head to hand bell practice.
Did I tell you I play in a hand bell choir? I play the A and B notes on the trebel clef. We are preforming at the Community Christmas program Sunday. I need lots of practice and lots of prayer. I have not played in
a hand bell choir in a long time and they needed a person and I said ok. I have done this before.:) I am so out of my comfort zone with this group. They are really good. :( Please pray for the group we are all nervous.
My DH and kids are coming to watch. The 3 youngest all play instruments and the joke is mom can't play an instrument. Please pray. Did I already ask you to do that? LOL

Have a great weekend

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  3:53:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi everybody, it's been 5 days since I posted last and boy-o-boy have you all been busy....or I should say...gabby! lol
Lots of colds and such I see. I was out with DH and MIL all Wednesday afternoon in a cold wind, shopping. I had ear-muffs at first,then I left them in the car(which is a no-no for me). Does anyone else have to keep your ears covered,or you'll get earaches and sore neck glands, then sniffles? Mom always tells me to wear a hat, but like I tell her, it's not my head, but my ears that suffer. Silly really! She finally believes me I think.It's just another one of those weird"Over 50" thangs, I guess!LOL...ya....*sigh*
Mama is doing some better. She hung a lack scarf over her wreath on her Apt. door. She said most people in the complex probably don't even know what that stand for. As long as it makes her feel better,it's all good!
I see some of ya'll are getting your jump on decorating. Does decorating my Beetle count? I was at the bank after I decorated and a lady in the drive thru beside me pointed out my decor to her DH.They both grinned.
Holly, sounds like a nice tree....tall! Were there any squirrels in it? Hope not! Mississippi squirrel revival...in Vermont.!lol
Welcome Judith & Nan! Jump right on in, but believe me, it's hard to keep up with this bunch.I just know I've answered some questions twice, forgot some all together, put some of these gals in the wrong states and some with the wrong husbands.haahahahaha It' just part of the "Over 50 thang again...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!lolol We all just do the best we can...laugh at ourselves and go on!
I will add your loved ones to my prayer list gals!
I saw a cool magnet the other day while I was shopping, thought you all would appreiate it.
"Barie wants to be ME"
There ya go...'bout time!!! ROFL
Make it a great evening Gals-buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 02 2011 4:09:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  5:03:43 PM  Show Profile
hi everyone--i have been gone a few days and i see a ton of new developments. i send prayers up as i come across requests for them. i pray for health and healing and a resilient spirit for everyone who is dealing with illness. May the loving and merciful God fill every moment with His healing presence.
Holly--may i offer another way to look at this. this touches me very deeply. please understand i am not trying to be unkind or make trouble. i understand what you are saying about the loss of hope. many times people die and leave unresolved issues in their wake. sometimes this is cruel and unkind, sometimes it is unintentional, especially if the death is sudden. but the wish that things will someday "be better" that has sustained the person is suddenly gone. where the small hope of eventual acceptance dwelt has instantly become an empty room. and now all that is left to us is to examine the lack of acceptance without any hope of answers for why it existed. we wonder why we were undeserving of acceptance, when others were fine. what was wrong with us--why was it so easy to look the other way when we needed love and understanding? in realizing that we can never have an answer, the only thing left to do is make peace with the fact that the voice never spoke the words we want to hear, and never will. in truth--this is what has needed to happen all along--and now, finally it CAN happen. i have an issue with my parents that i understand will never be resolved. i do not harbor any false hope of a deathbed "resolution". what i have come to understand is that i have to accept my parents as they are, and do what i feel is right. i can't control what they think or how they feel. all i can do is wish them the best, help when they need it and not be tortured by behaviors of other people that i can't control. it isn't my job to be acceptable to them, and it isn't their job to accept me. it is my job to live my life doing what i feel to be right. that's all. to do anything else only fills me with resentment and anger that will ruin my life and the lives of those closest to me. i can only control my own attitude.
also i sense that you have some difficulty in how YOU were treated through all this time,and this is a seperate issue that also needs to be addressed. you have been a loyal friend and loving companion throughout these many years. that counts for something. in some ways, the cause of the barrier that stood between you and was the cause of pain to both of you is now gone. i don't mean that this is a happy event--but it is a stage of life that you have both arrived at, and can now move forward from this place. i agree with the others here that grief counseling is necessary for her. at some point i think the two of you should meet with a counselor so you can work through your sadness with the situation as well--in the presence of a helpful third party. the past is gone now--it cannot be undone or re-lived. what matters now is how you move forward. i wish you both the very best in dealing with this pain. it is a very dark place, but you can come through it, i promise. together you can find the answer. it's what you both really want. chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  7:42:44 PM  Show Profile
Chris the way you explained it to Holly, was just perfect. I couldn't come to the words to say, and you got girlfriend. Holly you and Cheri are in my prayers that you can work through this together. There are many people in this world that no one can please them. Believe me sweetie, I know. But you have to move on and cherish and thank the Lord for what he has provided for you. You have each other to love and care for. There are some that don't have that. Hang in there girlfriend, and we are here for you. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  04:04:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!
It has been raining here all nite and boy is it cold out!!!
I am behind again in posts! Miss a day or 2 and miss a ton!! Lol!
Holly- I kind of echo all that had already been said? Perhaps a bit of counseling may be what Cheri needs to help get herself back on tract ? I also have a mom who will never be happy with anything the family does . She is a very mean woman.In her case there is mental illness. It has taken me into my 50s to grasp it and set tough boundaries in life now. I too , have come to realize, painfully that with her death will come that sense of loss of hope that you speak of. I think I am learning to deal and accept it now tho.
I pray that this will ease for Cheri soon. Grief takes time and is a process for certain. And regret is such an intense part of it, most often, unfortunately !!!

Thelma, fun pic!! Maybe you can share how you posted. I don't even 'get' the directions as to how!! Lol!!

Yep, Darlys I could use a sunny trip to Mexico! I am sneaking in that suitcase, he he he !

Prayers to you and your family members with illness and hurts! It is sooo hard to understand why there is so much pain and suffering in the world. I know God has His reasons, it just gets hard and overwhelming sometimes tho!!!

Well, I hope to check in and comment on other postings later.

Have a long day planned with the gkids

Hugs to all,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  05:35:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Holly, everyone has given you such good answers to your question. I can only say that you and cheri are in my thoughts and prayers because I know about the situation you are in. But like Chris said you cannot control what other people think or do only what you think or do. My family member with whom I have unresolved hope is my son. But now I leave it to God. And go on with my life. That is all I can do. All of the advise you are getting is so good and sensible. These dear friends are so caring.

Glenda I think we can all squeeze into the suitcase as long as we are not taking too many clothes with us and with the warm weather down there we won't need much. If I get any extra snacks, Darlys, I will share them. Honest I will.

Diane, Thanks for the anniversay good wishes. I almost cannot believe it has been 24 years since I have been married. I was so scared to marry someone 10 years younger than myself wondering what other people would think back then. My children were very angry and still do not like him but that is another story. I have never regretted marrying my DH for a minute. It has been the best move I have ever made. I am healthier and happier than ever.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Hugs on this glorious day,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  06:01:58 AM  Show Profile
I am posting a picture of my DH and myself having a cup of senior decaf at McDonald's.
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  08:19:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone, I hopped on during the Thanksgiving Holiday and posted a few times, but I am a school teacher and once Monday came, that was it. I am still here reading and enjoying your lives, just don't have time to interact much.I hope you all have a great weekend; I know I will. Cathy

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  09:29:07 AM  Show Profile
My DH and I are here on 9th floor of the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco. We got here about 9:30 last night as we had a wonderful dinner at Fontana's in Cupertino before we left. (That was mainly to avoid the rush hour traffic.)

We checked in and a bellhop literally chased us down the hallway to our room. He was carrying a big vase full of fabulous red roses! The note was so cute ... "Happy anniversary from the women in the steamer trunk!" Wow! Were we ever surprised! Larry got a picture with my cell phone. I'll download it when we get home. (I think I have to get an IPhone cable of some kind to do that. DS will take care of it.) Well! I'm pretty sure I know who is responsible. And we thank you so much - and all the women in the trunk!

Tonight we are having you all up to our room to enjoy the view of the Christmas tree and other lights in and around Union Square. We'll toast each other and the wonderful relationships we have.

Nancy - the photo of you and DH is fantastic! You are so beautiful! And your DH is a hunk, too. I hope you had a wonderful 24th Anniversary. What did you do to celebrate? I've been thinking of you. GF, you are going to get a call from me. Next week.

Much more to say -- but, gee, hubby wants us to get on with our day. It's glorious - clear and unseasonably warm. It's supposed to get to 70 today!!!

So, to all of you -- much love ...

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  4:07:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Cheri says you are all wonderful women and friends. We have talked for a long time about when her mother dies although when we talked we did not know that she had cancer and was on her way out the door. She appreciates everything each one of you has to offer. Time will heal. I know I had my own issues with her but now with her death they do not bug me so much. There is nothing I can do and she will no longer be available to ignore the children while she adores the other grands. Cheri will work this through and come out for the better. Thanks again.

I really like the photos of themselves that people have posted. I need to figure out how to print them so I do not loose them in the volumes of writing. I am glad that all of you who are celebrating anniversaries are happy with your partners. Life moves in waves some good and some bad but mostly life is what we make it.

I think that I maybe more fiscally conservative than socially conservative and find that I am living at odds with myself sometimes. For example, I think that all children should be cared for and loved. I think that everyone should have a right to determine as consenting adults how and with whom they share their bodies. But damn if I also think that people who produce children and do not take care of them should be snipped. Then there are also all of the civil libertarian issues with that statement as well. I understand from lobbying in the statehouse here in Vermont for a short while how the reps trade favors and hold bills hostage. Something should be done to change the way the system works.

Thelma it must be such fun to see all of the little children talk to Santa. This is really the first year that Ross recognizes that Santa is somebody. He does not seem to realize yet that all of the different Santas he sees are all different people. He just loves Santa. He lights up and tells Santa that his brother Talie who is fourteen should not call him to tell Santa that Ross has been a bad boy. Santa assures Ross that he knows he is a good boy. Ross is so relieved. At four Ross is just learning to sing and the first song he has been able to sing or wants to sing himself is Santa Claus is coming to town.

Sometimes I think I go on and on when I see the posts and wonder if I hog the board and the new people become too intimidated to type. I hope not.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  5:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Holly, we all love your posts. Don't for a minute think you are "hogging." If anyone is guilty of that - it's me. I am so glad you and Cherie are airing this "mother issue" and I know she will come through - with you beside her.

Ross sounds adorable. Four is such a delightful age ... still full of awe ... and old enough to express it. I told my son while in his teens that - when he stopped believing in Santa Claus - he would get socks and underwear. He still believes in Santa. He will be 36 on Dec. 28.

A while back you asked for dinner suggestions - and breakfast, too - I think. Well, you have provided me with so many good dinners I thought I'd mention here that good for breakfast OR lunch OR dinner -- depending on what you put in or on them --- is crepes. Reasonably simple, especially if you make a batch of crepes in advance (parchment or wax paper between each) and freeze or refrigerate them so they are ready to go. Fruit fillings with whipped cream -- veggie or meat and veggie and/or cheese fillings with cream or cheese sauce. Fill with most anything. Versatile. Around here the crepe shops make the crepe itself thicker - almost pancake like - than I do. Depends on how much "bread" you want. Salad is an easy side.

Also, you probably already do this ... tacos or enchiladas with spanish rice and refried beans. Easy and most appetites relish Mexican food.

Patty has gone missing. I guess it's time to go after her. Desert Willow Betty, too. I'm hoping they are just busy. Maybe they are getting prepped (massages, manicures/pedicures, bikini shopping) for our Mexico holiday with Glenda - the ultimate suitcase hostess!

Holly, I, too, am thinking of how I can set the photos of the farmgirls into an album of sort. I don't want to lose them either.

DH and I walked around quite a bit today. Got a few things on sale. You would think it was still Black Friday from the swarms of people out and about and the lines at the cash registers - everywhere around here. The economy doesn't seem to be an issue from the number of shopping bags bearing high-end store logos out there.

We are going to Fish & Farm for dinner this evening. It's 2-1/2 blocks from here. And I have to wrap it up. Probably won't get on tomorrow as we will be checking out and meandering home. So, unless I get an uncontrollable urge to chat sooner - I'll check back on you all then.

Chocolate and Candy Cane Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  04:49:06 AM  Show Profile
morning all. holly--i am so glad you two are talking and working through everything. everything will be fine in time.
darlys--sounds like you have been power shopping.
can someone explain what pinterest is to me? i looked at it but didn't understand what i was looking at.
took a big step yesterday. rejoined a huge art forum that i had been active in before. its hard to explain why i left it the first time. the interaction on the site was sort of one sided. people were interested in their own art but the majority of them didn't take time to comment on the work of others. i tried really hard and did connect with a couple people, but it never really clicked. and a lot of people were really ga-ga over highly detailed representational work, where i am trying very hard to break free of that set of confines. my work is often too tight and since i am not the most accurate person in the world, a tight style doesn't work well. being self taught makes you rely on realism and you often mistake detail for interpretation.
anyway--i am rambling. bottom line--i will read more and post less. i learned a lot when i belonged before, and i need to focus on that aspect of the forum, and not worry about whether people want to "be friends" or not. i will get my friends here--we are more on the same wavelength. chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  07:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!
Chris-do what you enjoy! Hope your experience is better for you this time!
Holly- keep hanging in there. One step at a time
'vacation ladies'- lol, enjoy your trips and have a great time!! SF is one of my fab places!! And I do not normally enjoy the city. But SF is an amazing and fun place!
Nancy- loved the pic! I enjoy those cups of senior decaf at mcd, as well!

Well, today dd and I are decorating the apt for Christmas. Should be a nice relaxed day.
It has been cold and rainy here . Today a bit clearer and warmer.

Hope everyone has a good am
Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  07:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning all,
Here I am again, behind, had to go to Columbia, Sc on Thurs. came home Fri, Friend from Columbia came and stayed till just alittle while ago...here I was thinking I was over my cold, silly me...wrong...but taking some cold meds every 4 hours and it is helping...going to take it easy today so that maybe I will be over it before my baby boy gets here from MI on Friday. Don't want to be sick during his visit.

Brenda, please your heart 2 in college at the same time...wow....Prayers for Pam....I know it has to be tough.

Glenda, I will pass on the info to my son on his shoulder, by his discription I am sure it is his rotator cuff....he is almost 31 and since he moved I can't bugg him as much. He is coming come on the 9th for a visit so going to get on him again about it and maybe he will take care of it when he goes back to MI. At least I hope so... I got my bikini ready to go...not taking much else so better let me know if I need any dressy clothes...lol

Darlys, I swear I thought I was getting better, fooled myself....I'm hating this cold, one day feeling better now the last 3 feeling like you know what......I promise myself I was going to catch up here then climb back in bed and stay today....I don't think I could make it without this alka-seltzer plus cold formula...I like it cause it works fast. But can tell when it starts wearing off....this year seems like I can't stay well....I've never been down this much before...maybe it was my trip to Maui, I over did it...So glad you are going to Mexico with us.....now you and I have to behave, you promise? but a little naughty should be ok...lol

Thelma, Ohhhhh I love the pic.....I just love Santa's that is the one thing I buy me ever year is a new one for my collection...all different kinds....now this year you made it already possible...a pic of Mr. and Mrs Clause...thanks so much...That is so sweet what ya'll do....

Dianne, I am so glad to hear Logan is better. I will tell my DS about what you said about your friend, hopefully he will heed my warning and get that shoulder taking care of now....I hope you get your snow soon....I will be happy to send you ours if we get any...I can take it or leave it....I like it when it snows one day and goes away the next

Holly, you sound as busy as always....chicken coup this time...wow....I am sorry to hear about your Partners situation. I agree with some of the others tho...maybe she should seek counseling....it's hard to fix years and years of stuff, but can be done if she really wants to do it...some people can get over things easily while others never do...but she is lucky to have you...I'm sure with help things will get better. I really am sorry that ya'll haven't been able to share you love and happiness with family, that has to be very difficult...

Ok this was page 142...and I am done for now....going to bed...got to get well before Friday...maybe later this evening I will come back and tackle another page...lol...or not...have a great day all

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  08:29:26 AM  Show Profile
Just stopping by the touch base. We had a very busy Friday and Saturday "ho ho hoing" in 4 different towns. Two gigs were at libraries. I had a blast reading Santa type stories to the children while Santa took toy orders and handed out candy canes. Friday night we had a blast. We had a private company party in a Cassino party room. The children were not allowed in the Cassino but Santa and I left the party a few times and walked around. Yesterday we were at a lovely old Mansion. Wow! Children came in party clothes for early Christmas pictures in a totally antique setting. We earned a whopping $55.00 this weekend which we will donate to chariety Lots of hungry kids out there! We get paid very well at some banks, but everything we earn goes to feed children or purchase meds for the elderly.

Ginny, I really am starting to show my age. I blame my youth on Clinique and Iowa's fresh air, Having a mother that always looked like a kid probably helps too. A little extra weight helps fill in the wrinkles. LOL

Chris, thank you for expressing what I didn't say. I do not want to step on anyone's toes here as I love this chat room. I will continue to watch my words, but will share on a deeper level now.

Nancy, The picture is lovely. You also look young. Did you save you free coffee sticker off that cup of coffee? LOL

Politics - I live in Iowa. The caucuses are coming next month. Just pick someone already!!!!! scream!!!!! I am political, but the news media drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!

No church this morning. Snow storm hit last night. It seems like everything stops for the first and second storms then people get used to them and life keeps moving. To me a real storm is when the world comes to a screeching halt and you just ride it out. Have any of you been blown away in the high winds on the west coast this past week?
The damages shown on the news were devistating.

Restful day today then tomorrow its back to the sewing room and gift making. I have to bring a dessert to my book cclub luncheon on Tuesday. I want something festive without a lot of work that is easy to transport. Any ideas?????

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 04 2011 08:34:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  4:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I am asking for a prayer please. I twisted my ankle today going down our front porch. Going to Dr. tomorrow to make sure it isn't broken. It is swollen and can't put any pressure on it....dang start getting over one thing and then I hurt myself again...can't believe this....anyway, will let you know more tomorrow...thanks in advance for the prayers...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  4:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Penny will add you to my prayers. Take it easy, Hope its not broken, sometimes sprains are just as bad. Keep it up until you see dr tomorrow.
Had a wonderful day of shopping with my DD. We always have fun and lots of laughs. It was so nice just the two of us, no kids!!! We left about 12 and just got home at 6. I got a cute pink,red,white fleece pj pants. Sooo soft. For 4.75 at walmart. They are already in the washer, I'm wearing them tonight. I may where them everywhere. haha Got alot of my Christmas shopping done. Have cut down alot, so just have two more gifts and then need to wrap them. Take care girlfriends, will check in later. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  5:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Guess what we had for supper? Crepes! it is always a treat at our house because they are so labor intensive. The fillling was spinach and different cheeses with a cream of chicken gravy over the top. The gravy part with the melted cheese is my favorite. there are even enough for breakfast. So, I laughed when I opened up the last page and Darlys is suggesting crepes. The children make tacos and burritoes for lunches because they are easy.. Each of the three that are home rotate through making breakfast and lunch. They like the refried beans and hamburg filling much spicier than I do. They are all becoming pretty good cooks. The boys are especially amazed when they go to the houses of peers and find their friends can not cook.

Cheri has been in and out of therapy for years. She worked hard to get her mother's behavior where it did not hurt constantly and eat her up inside. I think that is why she is so taken aback that this grief can be so intense sometimes. I did not think that Chris' response was at all inflamatory or upsetting. I wanted to hear what others had to say. We have thought a lot on this subject. I am glad each person wrote.

I have told the children that Santa Claus lives in your heart. As long as you believe in the goodness of Santa he will come.

Oh, Penny I am sorry for your repeating cold and now the hurt ankle. I hope both ends heal soon.

Two of my neighbors are artists. Bruce Davis and Marina Epstein. Bruce does sculpture and painting and Marina does painting. http://hermitage-gallery.com/benjamin_davis I guess professionally he goes by Benjamin. The Hermitage is their house. They built a beautiful stone house. They lived in a loft in NYC and worked and saved money and then would come up here and build until they ran out of money. Chris, I do not know what your art is in relation to theirs.

I look at the pictures you each have posted and think that none of you have the lines that I do. I bought some dove soap after I had been to the periodentist and saw all of my lines and wrinkles in their mirror with that awful lighting. My dd is using it because she does not want wrinkles like mine. lol

Today was more like and early September day. In the forties and sunny. I can see Sugarbush Ski area from here and they must make snow because the tops of their mountains trails are white. We saw Stowe on the way to the pediatrician for annual check ups and it is white as well.

My 14 yo Talie made the A team in basketball. Last year he was on the 7th grade B team. He is very excited. It sure will be easier to get him to do his school work with basketball practice in the afternoons.

Sweet dreams.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  7:03:34 PM  Show Profile
Because I haven't really mastered this photo thing yet - you may have to set your computer on end to view this properly. The other option, I believe, would be to lie down beside your computer and view it that way - however both seem a bit extreme. Maybe you could tilt your head - assuming no neck issues and check it that way.

I want to again thank the "women in the steamer trunk" for the magnificent roses. They are still glorious. And, now, you all have a very, very, very recent photo of me. Oh, joy. Tomorrow I will attempt to provide you with the view we all had of Union Square. It was such fun sharing with you. Everyone, even Glenda, was prudently proper. Nancy, did you water down the bubbly?

Penny, what are we going to do with you? My thought is "sprained ankle." And, now your cold has returned because you won't listen to granny. Well, if you won't listen, God will. I'll pray for you, m'dear.

Holly, catch up with you later, gf. Crepes? That's funny! Have a sweet dreams night.

Chocolate Kisses and Visions of Sugarplums ...

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:00:56 PM  Show Profile
Nite everyone!
Just a quick post before turning the lites out, he he he.
Holly-the crepes sound sooo good! Haven't had crepes in a very long time.
Daryls-love the pic! Glad you're having a good time!
Chris-keep looking into pinterest. It is a virtual bulletin board that people create online. There is a lot of art themed things you may enjoy!
Brenda-so glad you had a fun day! Jealous you are done with Christmas shopping, lol! Good for you!!
Penny-oh my goodness!! Hope your darn cold gets better soon and the ankle is nothing serious and mends quickly.take care, ok??
Thelma- just love the 'Santa' stuff you and Dh do!

Went for coffee with dd and friends this am. Had a lovely few hours. One of the ladies was teaching us to loom knit. Then we went by my other dd house and ended up going to Red Robin with her and the gkids for dinner. A busy, but fun day!! We never got to the decorating, lol!! Will try tomorrow evening!

Well, this gma pretty tired, so I will say good night and check in tomorrow

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Dec 04 2011 8:05:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. We had another warm-ish(52)but cloudy day,then rain this evening. Dh and I sat down and did our family Christmas cards and got all of those done. ~~whew~~ That's a lot of writing...and sticking...and licking. It was a good day for it! The next few days we are tearing the L-room carpet out....nasty job. It's soooo wore out and gross. Been wanting to do it for a couple of years. You know how time gets away from us all....well, finally...we caught up with IT!!! Hah!! He took a VC day and added it to his 3 days off, so we have time to do this. We have a huge area rug and some runners and scatter rugs to put down until spring(tax-time) when we will get tile flooring or whatever we think up by then. hmmmmmm.....time will tell. I'm just happy to get rid of an eyesore!
Well, it's suppose to get cold in the next few days(30's) I think they said. ...and rain....maybe snow??? YES!
Well, nity-nite Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Good evening Girlfriends, I have been at my daughter's since Friday nite so didn't get to post yesterday. We have lots of subjects going on at the same time - what a fabulous group we are!! This will be a bit long but I am making up for 2 days so bear with me. (or is it bare)
Nancy, my last ex was only 3 years younger than me--you go, girl!!! I dated for a while and dated a few guys I thought were 10 years younger but some of them confessed they lied on match.com, they said if you put your age over 60 you don't get as many hits. well, those morons.
Thelma, thanks for your wonderful, uplifing story - no wonder you love Christmas so much. So sorry about your DH stroke but wow, you guys really have it together in spite of the crap life has thrown at you. you are a beautiful couple. Your advice to Holly is right on, too, I think. I just got a perm 2 days ago and my hair looks a lot like yours in the picture. My daughter was shocked. A few years ago I was married, cooking supper every night and had the short gray bob that so many do, then I went on the divorce diet and since I don't have anyone to cook for I haven't gained the weight back, have started coloring my hair and letting it grow, plus taking better care of my skin, so people I haven't seen for a while do a double take when they see me. I'm going to wear it loose and wear long skirts and turn into an old hippie. I've always meant to do that and now's the time. Holly, please wear sun screen, it is the best thing you can do for your skin. Since I had the cancer my skin never sees the light of day without sunscreen and the wrinkles are much less.

I understand what Ginny is saying, too about suffering from a parent who doesn't really know how to be a parent. Holly, some people just don't have it in them. I know full well how hard it is when a parent does not have the nurturing skills that every child needs. Rather than either of you feeling you have some sort of shortcomings for not being able to "earn" the love and respect and acceptance that you deserved, the real issue is to try to forgive the person who simply didn't have it in her to offer the unconditional love that every parent should have for their child.

Ginny I do think the lemon trees are selfpollinating, but I am not positive.
Now on to the subject of politics, what Ed does is turn on Fox news when he gets up in the morning and its on all day long. I get so sick of it I can't stand it. My family runs the gamut from as far left as you can go to as far right you can go and we have lively discussions, nearly always agree in principal but disagree as to how to get there. The problem is that politics in general has gotten so vicious, all these news programs skew the facts with their own opinions until us mere mortals have no idea what the real truth is any more. The politicians themselves are more concerned with getting votes than for the good of the country.

Diane you are so right about the good guys being few and far between. I might be lucky and find one but I ain't holding my breath.
and I have to comment about your father, I grew up thinking the same thing about mine. Never a kind word from him, not once. I felt nothing but relief when he died. I have absolutely no idea what it would be like to have a wonderful relationship with a father.
Now I'm down to Chris's post and she has said it all, and said it well. Chris, I'm so glad you are on this thread with us.

Now on to more fun subjects--first of all, Playa has lots of pool boys so we don't need to take our own. They have lots of good food and drinks and all you have to do is put on your bikini and find a lounge chair under the palm trees so you won't burn. These cuties walk around with trays of drinks for you to choose from. And, guess what, Ed has three drop dead gorgeous sons who are not married. It seems strange to me that there are these well educated good looking men and they can not find "the one". Two of them have never been married.

Nancy, we would not think of going to Mexico without you--grab your bikini and your stretch pants and some flip flops and come on.
In the beautiful picture you posted it would be impossible to guess the ages of you and your hubby. Good for you - !!!!! I'm starting to be a little jealous of all these wonderful husbands. ...I don't suppose any of them have brothers who would be looking for a wild texas woman......?

Hi, Cathie, glad you are still with us - just jump on when you can.

I think you can just right click on the pictures and then Save As and name the file with who it is, then you can put all those files in a new folder.
I don't know anything about the flowers - did I miss something?

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Chris, I just read your post about the art forum - would you mind sharing what it is? I agree with you about the representational art, although when I was living in the city in 2008 I took portrait classes at the museum and life drawing classes and it helped me a lot but what I really want to do is abstract art, and also mixed media collage. I am trying to start an art journal, have you done that? I think it will be fun and give me a place to practice and not have to toss it out or throw it in another pile. The artist I am currently crazy about is Carla O'Conner.
Penny, so sorry about your ankle--darn it, girlfriend, you are having the worst luck. I hope it will be better in the morning. let us know.
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Dec 04 2011 8:40:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  05:47:19 AM  Show Profile
Just popping in to say hello and to let Penny know I am praying for you. You will have to be the "Queen" for a while and let others wait on you while you rest. Hope you are feeling better very soon.

Got lots to do today. Places to go and things to see. My SIL is visiting from New York.

Bye for now.

Nancy #2301
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page