fairlee
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Fairlee
Hamlin Texas
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  3:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I m new,will be 55 this April. Been married to Tom for 24 yrs, have four wonderful sons, 3 I gave birth to and one we adopted. Tommy is 23 and married to Kristen, Joe is 22, Mike 20 and Jim-Bob is 19 but became ours at 14. We live in Hamlin, Tx and love our small town. I love cooking,reading, scrapbooking,needle work and latch hooking. Have a great nite and God bless-Fairlee
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  4:01:42 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll

Wooo Hoooo!!! Another Baby SISTER!!! Glad to meet you, Fairlee!!! I'm 52 and in Alabama and we have rain down here tonight. We have a few things in common, I like to latch hook also, and grew up on embrodery..but I can't cook to good. I have been able to keep myself and my two children alive tho. You are going to really love it here....scoot around on all the forums and have fun meeting the rest of us. There are a bunch of us southern sisters!!

Love and Prayers,
Your SISTER,

Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  4:40:11 PM  Show Profile
Well hello Fairlee and a BIG Welcome to you. WOW!!! ALL boys!! I hope you at least have some female aninals. LOLOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 01 2011 4:41:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  5:22:02 PM  Show Profile
I want everyone know that Friday...tomorrow...Feb 2...Judy..Herblady 55 is having a birthday that will put her one more year away from 50!!

So, I want to be the first in this group to wish Judy a wonderful birthday. I hope you stay warm, put your feet up and drink some tea and have a big slice of birthday cake. You are a really special woman, & I'm glad to be your friend!!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

cackey
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Cathy
Tebbetts Missouri
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  5:33:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello Girls,t joined. I am still deciding on joining the oficial sisterhood. Iam 54,wonderful hubby of 22 years with 2 grown kids, 4 grandsons, and 3 four legged babies. Big blizzard today after ice last night, 14 inches and counting.

Makin' Do, Gettin' Along, Hope You Are Too!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  8:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Judy. You share ground hog day for your birthday and I share the date that KS joined the union. Hubby reminds me every year. lol. I hope you have a nice day even though the weather back your way is bad. Put your feet up, have a cup of tea and think of all of us wishing you a Happy Birthday.

Betty
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  2:38:44 PM  Show Profile
TY,TY Girls! It really is a "Stinker" of a Birthday, weather-wise. 23 and dropping with snowy/windy conditions. We had a BIG ice storm last night that really tore up one of our 2 backyard oak trees. Looks like a battle took place back there last night and that poor tree lost. That'll be one of our projects this Summer....top and trim that tree. BUT, this is a typical February for us. So glad DH and I got out Monday when it was sunny. He goes back to work tomorrow for his 3 day stretch. Sure hope the roads are better. His truck is a sheet of ice though. He may not get it cleaned off. I had my cake and tea. Now I need a nap. All week so far, we've had a huge flock of robins in our town. My cousin lives across town and he said he's seen them too. Weird for this time of year. Is our weather so messed up that they are confused? Or is it really going to be an early Spring? Punxsutawney Phil said we are going to have an early Spring, but my window view says, "No!" I guess they just declared our County a "State of Emergency." About 800 people are without electricity still after that ice storm.
Hello and a BIG Welcome to Cathy! Glad you joined us!

Stay Warm, Dry & Safe! Time for some more tea.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 02 2011 2:43:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  3:06:52 PM  Show Profile
Cathy...welcome. Looks as though you may be in the terrible storm area. We have had our share. Just talk to Judy. I've complained to her aobut our 4 feet of snow this winter. Of course we don't have snow...but it won't melt when it is 3 degrees this morning. Gosh it is now 23 this afternoon in the sun. Went outside to get a few things under the porch for the night and get my 15 minutes of Vitamin D. Make that 10 minutes. It was too cold to turn my face toward the sun. If I get any color..it won't be sunburn..just windburn. Welcome to us mature hens. We love it here and I think you will like it too. Blessings to you.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  4:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Claudia you are so funny. But I do that too. 15 minutes and, ok, I'm done, back in the house. I use to sit in my window in the winter, in the sun, on my ottoman and read for 15 minutes and drink tea. hahaha Then I'd go do something else, satisfied that I'd gotten my daily D. And, ya, I agree with you about the windburn....or maybe frostbite in some cases. Really gotta watch out for us old birds. LOL We might singe our feathers.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  10:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! How is the weather? Are all of you still feeling the effects of the storm? I must admit CA weather is much better except for it going down in the teens at night our days in the high desert are sunny. I took the first part of the quilted sweatshirt class today that I signed up for. It was fun and we got a lot done. My homework for the next two weeks is to finish the braid part and get the other strips cut out so it can all be put together at the next class. Hope everyone is well....hope to hear from you soon, Betty
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  06:54:49 AM  Show Profile
I turned 50 in September so I guess at 50 years and 5 months that makes me over 50! LOL I am loving it-I enjoyed my 40's too, and plan to do all those things I always wanted to do in my 50's
Go to Top of Page

willa
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Arkansas
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  6:01:26 PM  Show Profile
50 and proud of it!
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  06:47:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm in the group, too. 57, but I still feel like a kid most of the time!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  09:05:09 AM  Show Profile
You gals make me feel soooo old. I'm old enough to be your mama. This is fun though isn't it? How is everyone today? Has all the storms passed? Some of you must have a lot of snow on the ground. We had a big wind last night so I have to get outside and check my chickens and birds and see if anything in the garden needs attention. Hope everyone has a good day. Betty
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  09:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
My birthday is about 2 wks from now....21st....
I will be 61. Where does the time go....wow
Why do I still feel 15!

Linda in Scranton, PA Farmgirl #71

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
--Hada Bejar
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  4:37:48 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Linda...on an upcoming birthday...and still feeling 15! I surely do wish I did. Some day it is hard to move!

Go to Top of Page

CCChristen
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Cynthia
Lockwood CA
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  09:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Yes I Just had my 51st Birthday om Feb. 5th and I feel about the same as I did at 50 so I will just keep going down the road and see what I feel like at 52. I think they are all just numbers.
Happy Trails Girls!
Line Shack Farmgirl #1570
Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  2:03:27 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday to youuuuu...Cynthia!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cibola
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Remi
Ellensburg Washington
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  2:38:09 PM  Show Profile
I am also in the over 50 club - I am 63 and will be 64 in May. Still learning so much and intend to learn so much more. Thank you ladies for sharing your lives and experiences.

Farmgirl #2547
Go to Top of Page

Cibola
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Remi
Ellensburg Washington
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  2:57:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone - winter has been amazing this year. We usually get lots of snow but this year it must have gone to the midwest and east coast. Stay warm and stay safe.

farmgirl #2547
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  4:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Some of that snow came down south into CA because we got some. I don't know where Ellensburg is but I have a daughter in Tenino. Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating in February. I just came in from feeding chickens and gathering eggs and it is starting to get breezy. We have a wind advisory for tonight from 7pm to 7am with wind gusts up to 55. Everything is tied down as far as I could see so we'll just ride it out.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  5:32:35 PM  Show Profile
Be safe and stay warm and dry Ladies!
We are 29 and snowing like crazy at 8:30 PM. *brrrrrrr...shivers*

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 07 2011 5:35:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  6:50:42 PM  Show Profile
Snuggle down Judy, that sounds downright cold to me. At least with all our wind it won't get down to freezing. The wind started right after I fed the chickens and it's blowing pretty good now. Thank goodness I don't have to go out anymore tonight. Guess I'd better start supper. Hubby should be home soon.
Go to Top of Page

FrannyD
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Fran
Cle Elum WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:02:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm a new member, 61 years young. I grew up on a farm & am so happy to be part of the Farmgirls.
I look forward to participating in the group and meeting as many of you as I can.

FrannyD
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:17:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome FrannyD. Hope you enjoy yourself here. It's fun!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page