debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  6:58:53 PM  Show Profile
Patty, This was BEAUTIFUL to read from your sister and niece (Diane and Abby) Thank you for sharing this. As for Jake. Prayers are still with him for a good recovery. God Bless you and send you peace of mind. Be assured that He is with you. L&P. Love and Prayers,

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  9:56:32 PM  Show Profile
hi everyone--sounds like we all had "significant" Christmases. Patty--i am so glad your family is feeling such an outpouring of love after the fire. Thank God no one was badly hurt. Glenda--prayers to you and your family. this is a time of great transition and stress for all of you.
judy--i love the stocking--you did a great job!
soup and salad Christmas was--well--interesting. Christmas eve morning at 4:30 one of our dogs woke us up being sick. two hours later we were leaving her with the emergency vet for surgery. she had swallowed a rock and got it caught in her digestive tract. she is home now and fine. folks came down Christmas day and we had a nice visit together--i had to do the heimlich maneuver on my mom but she is fine. glad i knew how to go about it. actually it isn't called the heimlich anymore, but its the name that most people recognize.
food was all good--sweet potato and apple salad was excellent, all the soups were good. we didn't have a clear winner--DH's fave was the lemon chicken and cappelini, dad liked the split pea and not sure if mom had a fave. clear winners this year were the desserts. the pound cake was lovely with fresh strawberries, and i made an orange cake with orange filling and chocolate ganache that was decadent and fabulous. the third one was a dessert i came across at our local kitchen store's open house. she sells a mix you add butter to that makes caramel apple dip. for this recipe you slice granny smith apples into 8 sections, wrap each section in cresent roll dough and put it in a large baking pan. then you mix up the dip mix and butter and pour it over the top. then you pour a can of mountain dew over the top of that and bake it. it is DA BOMB. sounds like it would be weird and way too sweet, but using granny smiths keeps that from happening. i don't know what the mountain dew does exactly, but take my word--it is one terrific combination!
so despite some on and off craziness, things were okay. we picked our dog up late on Christmas day from the emergency vet--we are very lucky to be near a 24 hour emergency clinic on the purdue north central campus. she is on restricted activity and wearing a lampshade collar for two weeks, but is pretty much herself--happy and busy.
we had sloppy snow this morning--someone slid down the neighbors ditch and a snowplow destroyed our mailbox.
so things have been kind of eventful around here.
like others on here, i talk to God when i am outdoors. do it indoors too, but outside is where i am most grateful for the miracle that is the natural world.
hope all is well with everyone. chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  01:57:38 AM  Show Profile
I am a new hope-to-be over 50 farmgal. OK, I am over 50. What I mean is I was hoping to become part of this group. Darlys mentioned in her post about sending info to Penny ... Can someone let me know what exactly I should do to join?
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  11:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Marianne, We have a farmgirls over age 50 birthday list that I keep up with....all you have to do to be part of it is to email me your name, address and birthday info...I will add it to the list and send out the list to you...hope that helps.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  1:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Hello Marianne...Welcome!
Happy Birthday to Thelma today too!

Happy Birthday to You...
Happy Birthday to You...
Happy Birthday Dear Thelma....
Happy Birthday tooooo Youuuuuuu!!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  1:49:30 PM  Show Profile
A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Thelma!!!! Hope you had a great day!!!
Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  4:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birrrrthday, dear Thelma. Happy Birthday to you. I hope you have an extra special and relaxing day, Mrs. Santa.

Marianne, I see Penny has answered your question. If you are over 50, gf - you are IN. If you want to be on the birthday card list - just send Penny your info. Just beware, sometimes we get a bit frisky. Especially Holly - who, I believe has a kazoo - AND a bikini and a little bit of naughty-naughty in her. Hopefully she will be leading our virtual cruise one day soon. Nancy has a ukelele that can add to the festivities. And although she seems sweet, she has a spicy side to her that slips out now and again. Thelma is a firecracker, too ... she stirs up more than Christmas cookies. I could go on and on ... but you get the idea.

I colored my hair this morning. It turned out pretty good. It's a reddish-blonde...headed toward peach-blush. I mixed some golden blonde and red-blonde together and it worked to give me what I was going for. DH likes it. Good thing, too - cause it's not going away soon.

Hey, girlfriends! What are we dreaming up for New Year's Eve? I'm bringing a gallon of champagne ('scuse me - "sparkling wine" unless we are all headed toward the Champagne region of France ...)

Resolutions:
Laugh even more - so hard I have to cross my legs.
Love more and say so. Be deeply caring and express it.
Pray more. (Who was it who said "I pray best when talking with a friend."?)
Try to get a farmgirl or two or three or more to come visit Yosemite.
Take time to create - quilts, dolls, books, things of the moment.
Start a vegetable garden.
Leave open the option of plagiarizing any girlfriend's resolution that I think I might like to add to my 2012 list.

It's in the mid40s here right now. still no sign of rain or snow. According the the weather-guessers, this is now officially the driest December on record for this area.

Guess I better get supper started. Meatloaf and scalloped potatoes and peas. Real basic comfort food after all that ham and turkey. And a serene table - just DH and me. Ahhhh.

Chocolate Kisses ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  4:22:07 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I hope you had a grand birthday, Thelma. I am singing loudly and slightly off key with Judy.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday cards. I smile each time I pass through the doorway where I Have them hung.

We worried about not having cold weather long enough. The temperatures outside are quite nippy now in the single digits. We are still looking down on zero but the jump is not that far now. We saw some ice fishermen on the pond in Calais (Calliss) and were very surprised that they could be that far out on the ice and still be on top. I would guess they were fishing for perch.

Sweet dreams everyone,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  5:17:21 PM  Show Profile
Claudia - I love your statement "... as we remember what one little boy did for the salvation of the world". What a wonderful way to put it!

Patty - Your entire family has prayers coming from my house. I can't imagine losing one's house to a fire, or anything else for that matter. I'm happy they are all safe and pray they had insurance so they can at least have a new house built. I've been slowly scanning photo's of my family into my computer and putting them on a thumb drive which I will elave at work so I won't have to worry about such things. I've been in this house 29 years and it's pakced to the rafters with memories!

Patsy - What tradition is it for that you eat at midnight? New Years by chance? Sounds like a fun time anyway!

Judy - I hope your DH liked his stocking, it's adorable! Bright and festive and it sounds pretty big for Santa to fill!

Glenda - Stay strong for your family, you all three are in my prayers still. Enjoy your brother while you have him.

Debra - love the village your parents made, it's adorable!

Holly - Thank you for the card!! I hope we can meet one day too. I've been to VT once a long time ago and thought it was beautiful!!

Betty - I'm glad I'm not the only one with no hot water! Christmas Eve I was racing around cleaning all day and finally went to get hot water and there was none. I called the plumber and they said as soon as someone was back they'd send them over. I then called my husband to tell him and he says "oh I forgot to tell you, I turned it off in the basement before I left for work! Say What?? Boy did I feel stupid having to all the plumber back.

Darlys - Have you ever heard the expression "I laughed so hard tears ran down my leg"? We will all have to do that in 2012 because it sounds like many of us have had a rough 2011!

Christmas Eve started with my poor DD having a flat tire on her way home. A cop stopped to give them light and took them to the WalMart nearest them so they could get a new tire, just in the nick of time. So we didn't eat until they got here around 9:30 pm. I was just happy they made it.
Christmas morning we had champagne mixed with our cranberry juice and by the time our presents were opened I think we could have all easily gone back to bed! But the DH put on a turkey and sometime around 4 we finally ate. It was a wonderful Christmas here, quite, but I think we were all enthralled with our latest gadgets!

We did drive to Ellsworth the day after and went into a WalMart there and I was surprised as there were hardly any people there and we had to return one item and there was only one person in front of me. We noticed at the other stores we went to that they were "dead" too. Tonight on the way home from work I stopped at Rite Aid to get DH pain pills and noticed all the Christmas stuff they had 1/2 off. There was a huge amount of stuff, which normally three days after Christmas there wouldn't be because it's one of a few stores here.

Has anyone else noticed that?

New Years Eve we will have all my in-laws overwhich will make up for Christmas being so quite around here. We will also celebrate David's sisters B-day which was yesterday.

Happy Birthday Thelma and belated Happy Birthday Holly!

Also, Thank you to everyone who sent me cards. I don't know if I managed to thank everyone personally, so Thank you!

Have another great weekend ladies!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  9:43:53 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Thelma! We are so close...maybe we will meet someday.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  10:06:18 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful birthday I have had! You gals did a great job of helping me turn 65. Thank you so much for all the cards and little gifts. Each and every card is very special to me. My sister and I were born on the same day - 10 years apart - so we talked on the phone for over 3 hours like we do every year if we can't get together. I was invited to go out for lunch but chose to stay home and eat sandwitches with Darwin. In the afternoon we went to the court house and got our vehicle tags. Then I made salmon for dinner. I got the quiet day I wanted.

Let me tell you about my birthday gift. I am in the process of fixing up our basement. Hubby and a friend of ours put their heads together and got me a bar. Not just any bar - a very well educated one. The Red Dog, a drinking establishment in a town 20 minutes away, put in a new bar a few years ago and 3 college kids cut the old bar into 3 sections and each piece went to a different state college here in Iowa. Mine went to Iowa State in Ames IA. Actually its kind of cute - a fixer upper - and my creative juices are flowing. Now I don't have anything against drinking-especially a good bottle of wine, but the only times I go into bars is if the food is excellant! Now I own one LOL I guess I never felt right about being a teacher in this rural community and drinking with parents of my sstudents. I am not a prud, but some of our locals are old school.

I have my decorations down now,but it got to dark out to take them to the attic. Not very good light up there - will get them stashed tomorrow.

Hang in there everyone. I'm exhausted from all my ho ho hoing (thats santa's wife to those newbies with warped senses of humor) I am going to be lazy for a few days then plan my wardrobe for our trip in my big trunk. Can we find a zip line while we are playing? I have always wanted to leap to my own demise LOL

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 28 2011 10:21:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  11:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone! One of these times I should pop on here when my brain is awake and I'm not suffering from brain drain. Happy belated birthday to Thelma and Holly. Yesterday was my youngest son's 28th birthday. Gosh where has the time gone? Read what happened to Patty's sister and I'm so happy everyone is going to be okay and some blessings have come from their tragedy. That had to be terrifying. I think I'm still recovering from frantic gift making/wrapping and running around. I go full tilt from about Oct.1st to Dec. 25th then collapse for a couple weeks. LOL. It sounds like everyone had a happy Christmas and looking forward to New Years. Blessings to all. Time to take my drained brain off to bed :)

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://pinterest.com/ctapestry/

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  06:36:22 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!!

I am so sorry that I am always so behind in posts! But it's always a joy to stop by!

Holly and Thelma- belated Happy Birthday wishes to you!

Marianne-welcome to this special group of ladies!

What are everyone's plans for New Years??

I am an odd bird?! I enjoy the quiet and solitude of a quiet New Years Eve. I love to just watch the shows or rent a movie that i have been wanting to see, have some fun snacks and reflect on the year and seek what perhaps God would have me accomplish for the brand new year ahead! This past year has been a pretty rough one for my family and I am looking forward to ringing in a New Year !!! It's always, at least, a fresh start and new beginning!

I hope whatever any of you do, that you have a great time and the New Year brings a year of blessings and joy to all!!

Hope all of you have a good morning!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  07:34:56 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Marianne and Happy Birthday to all who had a birthday this moth. Including me. Mine was the 24th and all you farm girls were great in sending cards and little gifts. It was gooddie.
Did I tell you that I celebrate my half birthday too. It is in June. Well my friends celebrate then. Christmas time is so busy and we can't all get together so we do my birthday the 24th of June. I get all the attention then. My mom refuses to do that one though...she says that she was at the Dec. birthday. Ha! Ha!

It got cold here. This morning it was 26 degrees. Sun is out though. I couldn't sleep last night. So at 5 I am up doing chores around the house. I tried to be quiet but woke hubby up putting away the dishes. I am getting a little sleepy now...May go and get on the couch for a snooze.
Have a good day and will chat with ya later.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  08:37:53 AM  Show Profile
good morning sisters, or should I say good late morning as it is after 10:00 already.

Linda, you are not odd at all. I really don't get into partying on New Years Eve, ant the following day is always quiet around here. I like to take some quiet time and fill out my new calenders, start a new journal, decide how I am going to study the Bible for the coming year, things like that. This year my 13 year old granddaughter will be here so will probably do some crafting, and fix a nice meal for her family when they return from the cities.

Cheryl, you are right about running around for 8 weeks and then running out of steam. I have been at odds for a few days now and maybe a little depressed. It seems like we spend so much time on the holidays and then poof! they are gone! I'll get started on a project or two soon then I'll be my silly, fun loving self again.

I was looking through Mary Janes 3 books again this morning (love these darn books)and it got me to thinking. I try to do my part with the carbon footprint, organic living, recycling, and all that, BUT at my age I have lived the life Jane wants for us and the earth. At my age I don't want to sleep in the yard, cut my own wood, or filter my own water. I use my dishwasher to sanatize not because I'm lazy. I refuse to hang clothes on the line when its cold out, things like that. I am a romantic at heart so I buy into Mary Janes' concepts isn't she the greatest.
I need some sunshine. I guess I'll go for a walk and get myself pulled together. If you gals go to the Raising Mary Jane website - she has posted some great ideas for planning your new year. Check it out.

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 29 2011 08:47:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  08:43:22 AM  Show Profile
Oops, almost forgot. My web address is tdadams@wctatel.net Penny, thanks you for starting up our birthday list. Maybe now is the time to up date it as we have several new members and getting snail mail is so much fun.

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  08:46:49 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I get behind here too. I fixed the heater myself by pusing the reset button. It's working but think there may be a problem lurking in the bushes so expect it to go out and still have to call a plumber.

It's been in the 20's at night here but the days are sunny and warm, in the 60's. That's the desert for you. I have taken down the outside decorations and stored them for another year but haven't started in house yet. I'm learning a new publishing software so I can take over the Trestleboard (Masonic Newsletter) It's one I'm not familiar with but doesn't seem too hard. I'm practicing making the frames and adding text or pictures in them and I think it's finally sinking into my old brain. I also have the calender to do and the website and of course print out the invitations for the installation of officers and also the labels Something has happened to my Word labels and they won't work right so will have to use another computer until I can figure out what happened.

We have a New Years Eve party to go to in the neighborhood. We have several parties throughout the year around here. This one is hosted by a young couple just down the road from me and it's pot luck except they cook the meat. It's always a good one as we know everyone, the food is great, no one gets drunk and makes a fool of them selves. I don't drink except for an occaisional half glass of wine which I might have for New Year so it's fun for all.

My baby chicks aren't so much babies anymore. They're almost a month old. I haven't put them outside yet but if and when I do I'll have to provode heat for them.

I'm glad you birthday gals had great birthdays and hope your Christmas was everything you wanted it to be. Off to work outside as it's above freezing now.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  08:54:26 AM  Show Profile
Betty, your chicks are in the ugly stage - how can something so darling as babies look so pitiful a few weeks later. Not to worry we all know they will come into their own beautiful selves in no time. Are they for eating or laying?

Does anyone know a good way to read the Bible in a year without starting at the beginning? I know Gen. - Ex. - and Lav. by heart as I read them every year. Then I get to reading other chapters and don't finish reading the entire Bible which is my master plan. HELP!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  09:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone
I have ben busy with cooking and family and friends. Christmas wa wonderful this year. Everyone made it even my oldest DS and his family. They didn't think they were going to get to be here but they made it. :) It took me a full day after everyone was gone to find my house and put it some kind of order. LOL
My youngest DS decided to drop the new that he and his girlfriend are getting married. On Jan 3rd! They are going to do the Justice of the Piece thing and then do a big celebration later. Crazy kids.

Chris what a cute bird house and such a sweet thing for your friends to do. I am glad you got a chance to visit with them.

Brenda I will keep Pam in my prayers. And you and your DH as well.

Ginny I am with you on the loss of sunshine. Even here in Idaho it is dark by 4:30. I celabrate the winter solstice with a prayer of thanks. The days are now getting longer.

Chris Harold is talented. That is a darling birdhouse. Birdhouses have come a long way from when I was little. I do not remember my mother having such cute and fun birdhouses.

Patty we are here for you when ever you need us. I will be praying for your sister and her family. Praise God no one was hurt or killed.

Holly do you have Patty's address. I would love to pitch in and help.

Darlys thanks for letting us know where to find her address. I didn't even think to look at the birthday list. Silly Me!

Patty thank you for sharing the notes from Diana and Abby. They will remain in my prayers and if there is something we can do for them let us know. We are family after all. I will say a pray of thanks for Jake and continue to pray for a speedy recovery.

Thelma "Our Daily Bread" has a read through the Bible every year with it's daily reading. It is not a bad way to read through the Bible.

I had better get moving on the day. It is nice to have time off and yet I seem to be lazy and not getting things done as I should. LOL I set a goal for each day but they are not big goals.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  10:05:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. my name is Bunny and I am new here. I keep reading about this group over on the "porch" and well... being over 50 ( only on the outside) I thought I would stop in and see what goes on. I see a few familiar names so Hi everyone.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  2:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Miss Bunny, Good to have you o the farm.

I went grocery shopping today. Have y'all seen the prices...I don't know how families do it. The price of peanut butter is unreal!!! Peanut butter...high priced down here in Ga. where we GROW peanuts. Whewwww!!!

Gotta go and cook. Have a good eve.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  4:26:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Bunny, so glad to have you joining in with us. It's a pretty active group of girls. They are so fun, caring and just like family. I spent the day, starting my spring cleaning. hahaha I know come spring, I won't have the time. So going through room by room and doing a good job. But this grammy, is tired!!!! Got one of those fancy phones that you can do everything on it. Well, I can make and receive a call and text. Going to take me some time to get further. Patty you and your family are continually in my prayers. But what a blessing that all is ok. Thelma, I'm with you on the reading the bible in a year. Let me know what you find you may do. Well need to get in there and fix us some dinner. Have a good evenng! Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  4:46:44 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I was wondering where Dianne was when I was reading page 160 and here she pops up on page 161. I am glad you survived the holidays in great style. I was wondering how your SIL is doing with her chemo?

I do own a kazoo. Actually Ross received one in his stocking and he has graciously said that I may use it to lead the parade if he is allowed to bang the drum while we are marching. I told him he needed to march slowly for the old Mama's. He thought that was very funny.

it was 2 above zero when I woke up this morning. I waited until the temperature rose to 10 to put the cows out. Coco is due to deliver sometime soon and I would really prefer that the baby not be born out in the middle or even on the edge of a snow covered field. In her nice warm stall would be ideal.

The stars have been spectacular these last few nights. They are so brilliant I can see them without my glasses when I wake up to go pee.

Darlys you and I posted at the same time yesterday. Actually I went to post and lost the note so I was rewriting and ended up posting just after you. The times for the posts are mountain standard time. Is that a real time zone?

I hope Glenda is doing alright. I think it must be hard to be present and nurturing when you are letting go at the same time.

Penny, how is your ankle coming along? Walking yet?

Are there cruises south of the equator? I want to go swimming in my tankini and sun bathing in my bikini. I think I would need to buy a bikini but if we went to Rio de Janeiro then maybe we would not need to wear anything at all and that would solve alot of the luggage issues when traveling in the steamer trunk. I believe that Dianne and I will still be traveling in the carry on bags with the pool boy or maybe we could send the pool boy back home and find some new ones. I would think that the pool boy Glenda kidnapped might be getting homesick by now. I think there is a tall rock in the bay in Rio that we could hook Thelma's zip line to and sail across the bay. I would like to go sailing while we are there. I have not been in a long time. Does anyone speak Portuguese? or Spanish?

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  4:51:42 PM  Show Profile
OK girlfriends here is a site to check out as a teaser for our fantasy trip. Dream on

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-191502065-rio_de_janeiro_vacations-i

hugs all

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  6:21:04 PM  Show Profile
Holly, gf, you are officially in charge! Although - I'm getting just a wee bit jealous of you and Dianne getting to travel in the carry on bags. First class, too, I'll just bet. Maybe we can declare the steamer trunk a carry-on. Do you think that will "fly?" I just went to the site above. Tell Ross he is okay to come but only if he will be a pool boy in training along with being our drummer. I think Glenda got tired of the Maui boy and probably has a few from Mexico in her grasp now. We will all whisper secrets of how to be a pool boy without getting kidnapped by Glenda. Well, come to think of it, if he's cute - there's no hope.

Glenda, honey, if you are reading this - I hope it is not with tears in your eyes. I love your sparkle and snap, sweetheart.

Now here is Holly's idea of a good time ... with or without a bit of cloth covering the beautiful 50+ bods. I went to the site above. You should, too. My Spanish and such is very limited. I can say "hola" and "si." How about you?

"Sitting on the southern shore of the magnificent Guanabara Bay, RIO DE JANEIRO has, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the most stunning settings in the world. Extending for 20km along an alluvial strip, between an azure sea and forest-clad mountains, the city's streets and buildings have been moulded around the foothills of the mountain range that provides its backdrop, while out in the bay there are many rocky islands fringed with white sand. The aerial views over Rio are breathtaking, and even the concrete skyscrapers that dominate the city's skyline add to the attraction. As the former capital of Brazil and now its second largest city, Rio has a remarkable architectural heritage, some of the country's best museums and galleries, superb restaurants and a vibrant nightlife – in addition to its legendary beaches. With so much to see and do, Rio can easily occupy a week and you may well find it difficult to drag yourself away."

Now, Thelma, although there is no actual mention of zip lines ... they do tout mountains, skyscrapers and aerial views ... that speaks zip lines to me.

I spent a good bit of today finishing a country-art quilt I made for my friend. I wish I'd taken a bit more time toward the end - but in my hurry to get it done for her this year - I made a a couple of boo-boos. Oh, well. She will love it anyway. I know her. I'll take a picture of it before I wrap it and see if I can get it to post.

Speaking of pictures... Holly, we are still waiting to see a picture of your smiling face. Preferably wearing that purple hat that was a gift to you. By the way, what are you reading? And I hope the cow gives birth in the nice warm stall, too. For her as well as you.

Chris - I'm glad your dog is okay. But, swallowing a "rock!" That couldn't have had much flavor.

Patty - I can see you are in and out. If you are reading today, know that we all love you and are so glad that Jake is doing well ... and that your sister's family will be okay. Just tell her I said she should use what I sent to buy some music if she doesn't need anything in the way of necessities. Also, I look forward to lunch with you when you pass through San Jose. Just say when.

Penny, lil sister, how's the ankle? And I hope your holidays included being waited on hand and "foot." (Sorry, couldn't resist that.) Heel, honey, heel. Ooops. I meant heal ...

Welcome Bunny. This forum is getting a reputation. Now everybody wants to be over 50. If you passed the half century mark - you're good to go here! We will welcome you if you can stand the goofing off and goofing up here.

DH just asked if I want to make dinner or go out for dinner. What a question! I have been cooking through the holidays and beyond. I'm up for fish & chips.

Gotta go, babes

PS - Holly, there is a Mountain Time Zone ... I think it's Idaho region.

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Dec 29 2011 6:22:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page