True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  04:40:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning and Happy New Year.

Welcome Cynthia to a group of wonderful, caring women. This is the place to be for the best of the best fun and friendship.

The start of a new year is here and my hopes for a good year are positive as always. I want to keep learning new things as well as enjoy the skills that I know. This year I do want to read through the Bible and I thank you Thelma for reminding me of that. It has been too long since I have done it.
Also I want to keep up with my letter writing which right now I am not too good at doing. I only have 3 pen pals and I am not as prompt at writing them as I would like to be.

Our neighbors did the fireworks last night at about 8:30 p.m. so we did not have to stay up to see the ball drop. I saw it drop this morning on the news.

2012 Here I come.....I have my bikini and my kazoo. I am ready!! :)

Hugs and squeezies

Nancy #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the Heart.

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  09:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Happy New year everyone. I am not getting excited about resolutions any more. I just want to keep my faith and serve God, lend a helping hand to others, laugh a lot, cry a little, learn a little, teach a little, take care of mother easth, create, dream, and take life a day at a time. When I set to many goals for myself and don't follow through I take a big quilt trip. I would rather go to Rio. LOL

We are quite a group. We don't go out and party on New Years Eve - we just enjoy pool boys giggle -giggle - giggle

Edited by - Thelma on Jan 01 2012 09:17:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  11:52:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey Patty, love you, gf.

Nancy, Thelma ... & everyone. We have all reached near perfection. Once upon a time I thought it important to ring in the new year. Now, I'm happy to let everyone else ring it in. We were going to open a bottle wine - but we forgot. Larry and I sat on the couch eating popcorn, See's chocolates, drinking root beer and watched Mystery Theatre, the news, and managed to stay awake (barely) until the ball dropped. Then so did our eyelids.

He's now outside taking down Christmas lights and I have been sending greetings to family and friends.

It's a beautiful, clear day here in the foothills/mountains today. We desperately need rain - but it is supposed to reach into the low 60s with nary a cloud in sight.

Ohhhh - is that a pool boy on the horizon? RIO, here we come.

Happy 2012, everyone!

Bunny, I know I'd "live" in your quilt shop!

Marianne, love the chocolate saga ...

Chocolate and New Year's Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Jan 01 2012 11:55:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  2:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Bear with me I want to apply for a badge and am trying to figure out how to post photos.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  2:17:28 PM  Show Profile
I'll try again . I have done this before

Ok now I am unsmart. I will try again later.

Edited by - Thelma on Jan 01 2012 2:18:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  6:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year!!!! Looking forward to so many things, #1 our new grandson in March, And trying to get a few things finished before his baby shower in a couple of weeks. I gave them the first bunting I made for him and just the look on my son's face, made my heart just swell. He told me that it looks just as good as the ones he saw at the baby store. Well I think he may be going a little to far with that story, but just the fact that he wanted to make his mama smile, was just wonderful. Thelma, I agree that I want to take one day at a time. There are certain things I want to put in everyday, like y time with God. But I want to take what the day brings. And change my attitude about how I think I need to take care of everything that comes up. I'm thinking about making up a few things and see if they would be interest in any of it, in the little gift shops at the hospitals around here and we have a cute little gift shop down town here in Pleasant Hill, and would like to put a few things in there. If it's meant to be, than the good Lord will guide me through. I'm real excited about the bible study that the farm girls are doing, reading the bible in one year. Looking forward to starting. Well I'm getting sleepy and think I'll go lay down and read for a while. Take care, and chat later. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  8:32:41 PM  Show Profile
Good evening Ladies... Quiet day at home. Only went out to take care of the pigeons. Made white chili for supper. Have apples and bananas drying in the dehydrator. Buy the time they dry, there will be none left. Something about that fruit as it is drying, it becomes much sweeter. I can't keep my fingers out of it. I made a list of "personal suggestions" for the New Year. Resolutions are just too restricting and not sure I can be that committed. I have been neglecting my blog for the last couple of months. I am going to make sure I spend more time posting on it. I have lots to share. :) I love reading blogs of others as well. Of course, I spend loads of time on pinterest and it leads me to many other blogs. Well, I have a warm bath waiting and a good book. Have a great evening, and a wonderful New Year.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  10:03:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year! and it is going to be a good one. I just know it! It will have it ups and downs but God will see it/us through. Happy New Year! Yaaahoooo!

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  10:07:17 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY NEW YEAR SISTAS!!
Welcome Cynthia! Please tell us more about yourself and your alpacas.
Well, we are finally getting snow. It started last night, late! Today it's snowing like mad, then it stops, then starts again. We only have about an inch. It's been super-windy for a couple of days now. I knew it was blowing in something! *giggle* I think it's too windy to land, hence the,only 1 inch.I made a slow-cooker of potato soup yesterday, so we'll be eating that today, along with some buttermilk biscuits,dripping with butter and honey. Yummy!! :P
Well I sure hope and pray that this year is better for those of you with heartaches and problems. I wish "The BEST of Health" to my Sistas too!
Love Ya Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  11:48:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm trying to post pictures. Must have something turned off. Bear with me.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  1:33:44 PM  Show Profile
Keep trying Thelma, We will be patient. Would love to see what you are working on. I just officially joined but don't have my badge or number yet. Should be fun!

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  4:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Happy New Year Everyone....so good to be back....I'm walking now with a soft brace on my foot but no more crutches....hoooooorayyyyy!!!!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a has a great New Year....I have missed you all.....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  4:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We stayed home for New Year's evening. I read most of the night and the children watched movies. Our 17 yo wanted to go to a party at the house of a girl he met at a dance. We said no, the roads were icey. I have trepidations about saying yes to these kinds of requests because I do not know the girl or her family. I do not want to risk my son to possible stupid behavior by strangers. On the other hand they could be fine people and I am paranoid.

I have read the Guernsey and Potato Peel Pie Society. I laughed and was sad too. I read mostly science fantasy because it is not like my real life and does not give me nightmares or contribute to bad dreams. I read before I go to bed and I dream in color. When I read mysteries my imagination in REM gets the better of me. I received a kindle for winter holiday and I read Shatter by Elizabeth C. Mock. I used to read historical fiction but have gotten away from it for a while.

I need to sign off for now before I lose the post while I am distracted.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  5:18:48 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year Everyone!

Bunny - LOL! Cute cartoon!

New Years Eve in Eastport Maine they drop a Maple Leaf at 11:00 pm est because it is midnight right across the border in New Brunswick Canada (Atlantic Time) and then at midnight they drop a Sardine! So we head north to this instead of NYC. It's nothing like those beaches Holly and Debra are showing us, but I thought you'd get a kick out of them. Hey, we are on the ocean, just the North Atlantic, lol! Think the sinking of the Titanic, it happened off our neck of the woods.

I hope we all have a happy, safe, and stress free 2012 because according to the calendar I got this year it says:

"Welcome to the first day of your last year on Earth! Why not commemorate the occasion by making some New Year's Resolutions. Suggested for 2012: eating whatever you want, never exercising again, drinking to excess, and... oh, let's say robbing a bank. All those things you hoped to accomplish before your number's up? You've got 355 days left, so there's no time like the present. In fact, the ONLY time is the present!"

It's the Doomsday 2012 Countdown Calendar based on the Mayan Long Count calendar which says our last day on earth is Dec. 21st, 2012.

I do hope you are all laughing!
:)

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Dotsmom
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Kathleen
Coushatta Louisiana
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  9:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Dotsmom a Yahoo! Message
Hello, all. I just registered today, so I'm finding my way around. I turned 60 in 2011. Somehow, I can't reconcile my age with my image of myself. And that's fine. Maybe if I act young...besides, age is only a number.

I live in a small town in Louisiana, but work in a larger city up the road about 45 miles. I teach college English, but I'm lucky that I can spend most of my time at home, since I also teach online classes.

I have gardens for vegetables, Mayhaw trees for jelly, and my son came for a Christmas visit to help me build a chicken coop. My house is in the town--two doors down from the police station and town hall! But people here have horses in their backyards! I plan to get my chickens around March. By then, the temps might warm up a bit.

I'll keep reading the forums and try to get to know some of you. Hope your new year has started well.

Dotsmom
I have no idea what my Farmgirl number is.

Domestic Goddess with attitude!
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  04:12:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone.

Just popped in to say hello. I have my sewing group this morning so I have to be getting on the ball and get ready.

Ginny I love the pictures of the maple leaf and sardine dropping. Thanks for sharing. I remember reading about the doomsday being this year. So we better hurry and get that trip to Rio scheduled. We don't want to miss out on that before our time is up. And I definitely want to take my ride on a blimp. That is one of my daffy desires to do before I die.

So many things to do before Dec. 2012. Just declutter my house will take longer than one year! LOL

Kathleen When I turned 60 I was amazed that I didn't feel that age. Now that I will be turning 70 I feel even younger than I did then. So the number says zilch about real age. Real age is inside. If you feel young, you will be young. That's what I think anyway.

Have a great day everyone.

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  08:43:48 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Holly! I guess I had the same reaction as you to the G & PP Society.

Ginny, great pictures. Thank you! Guess I'd better make a bucket list if 2012 is IT.

Nancy, you continue to be an inspiration.

Kathleen - I used to say that age was just a number. Now I still feel great. So I just say -- "I'm going a tiny bit slower - enjoying the flowers and enjoying the goodness of God's creation. Hey, if THIS is what 69 feels like! It's the way to go!"

Tree trimming guys have arrived so I'm off. Enjoy the day.

Chocolate Kisses ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  2:19:37 PM  Show Profile
I am so sad right now I am setting here with tears in my eyes. I feel so stupid. I can not get pictures to transfer from my file to the application page so I can send in badge requests. I have tried everything and I don't know what to do. Now I can't even send pictures on chat.

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  2:29:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh Thelma,
I'm sosorry you are down. I wish I could advise you, but I haven't given that a shot yet. Don't dispair, you know one of these great gals will walk you through it. And if you are Stupid, then I must be Stupid-er because I have NEVER put pictures up. And I know I'm not stupid, so therefore ... you can't be either.

Kidding aside frustration can really get to you. And I am sorry this has been such an ordeal for you. I do trust that someone will be along to give you some good advice, though.

Good luck,

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  2:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Sorry about the last post. I'll get over my snit. I have had a nice day. Went to book club this morning and then out to lunch with 2 friends that I used to teach with. Our library is right beside the post office and I couldn't find a place to park. Everyone was after mail and postal services. These long weekends in these small towns disrupt people's lives big time. Yes, I am old, and yes, I watch for the mailman just like my parents used to do. I have already admitted to turning into my mother! Let it go!

Ginny, thanks for the maple/fish pics and story. I would go see that if I was in your area. Aren't some events just crazy.

Good news is that I finally found just the right people to rent our house in town. I want to sell it, but no buyers can get loans with the economy and all. It will be a relief not to have to go in all the time to check on the house.

I need to go and pull myself together. Please don't feel badly for me. I have SAD (seasonal depression) and from now until spring little things will upset me if I allow it.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  3:46:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathleen, I'm from Louisiana also.I live in DeRidder. North of Lake Charles. About half way between Fort Polk and Lake Charles. Hi neighbor! Blessings Marlee
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  7:31:39 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh.....GIRLS....

Peggy, over on the Virtual Porch,who was FamGirlOfTheMonth for December......voted me...ME....FGOTM for January!!!
Isn't THAT Exciting! I'm so "Flubbergasted...uh...gubberflasted....er...FLABBERGASTED!!!!
*giggle-giggle-giggle*
....weeeeeeee.......

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  8:01:53 PM  Show Profile
You are making me giggle to myself, Judy! Peg couldn't have made a better choice..Have fun!

Oh, and yeah, everybody, I turned 63 this year. (earned and love every minute of it)

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  8:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, little sister.. *claps, throws confetti, balloons* enjoy! :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  8:53:25 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Judy! That is just neater than socks on a chicken. :)

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page