katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  11:28:34 AM  Show Profile
Kem,,, I just spotted your find! OH My Stars!!! great find for .50 cents!!
Luv vtg.milk glass spice jars and shakers,,, lucky you!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  12:19:32 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I was lucky!!! It is so cute, hoping to find the mate sometime.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  7:27:50 PM  Show Profile
I found a wooden antique rocker at a auction for 12.50. Just need to replace the seat cover.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2017 :  1:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Brand new birthday cards for 25 cents each and a pair of jeans for $2.50. I ALWAYS look for my jeans at the thrift! I don't like the new jeans prices and I like to have some that are worn some for softer comfort, especially for work or knock about jeans.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2017 :  06:23:16 AM  Show Profile
A friend gave us a bench that was too big for their intended space. The fabric was stained so I went to local upholstery salvage place and purchased new fabric.

DH stripped the bench, cleaned it up and redid it!

It fits PERFECTLY in our front entry way!
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2017 :  07:03:30 AM  Show Profile
Jaime, it's beautiful. Looks like it was made for your entry hall. Y'all did a great job redoing it.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2017 :  11:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jaime,
The bench is gorgeous! Well done!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2017 :  9:36:56 PM  Show Profile
Jamie, you two did a great job with that bench. It's beautiful!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  06:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Jamie, I love your bench. Soooo cool!!! If you are like me, it is more fun to redo than go to a furniture store and spends $100s of dollars on something that might not last. Yours is one of a kind!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  06:58:03 AM  Show Profile
My latest find cost me, but it was an investment into a friendship. My friend was looking for Spice of Life corning ware pieces. I happened to find a large casserole/cake pan and a loaf pan for her in that pattern yesterday. I purchased them and left them on her porch. Got an email from her. She was thanking me for such a great surprise. My heart is the happiest when I find items for other people. AND somehow if I put it out there to the universe, my divine being, etc it is usually put in my path. I believe that is my purpose on earth. I have had some incredible experiences giving to others. It works be cause I do it with a happy heart. So grateful to be assigned this duty on earth.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2017 :  9:17:40 PM  Show Profile
Kem,,, what an awesome thing to do,,, and yep,,, I to believe in 'paying it forward',,, in other words, doing for others when they least expect it... be it a useful/cherished piece of dinnerware or paying for a strangers coffee... and we do it,,, not to get something back,,, but rather because it's the kind thing to do....

Thanx for sharing with us... awesomeness....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  05:09:46 AM  Show Profile
Went garage "sailing" this Saturday! :) First trip of the year! Woo hoo!

Got a large amount of really nice shirts, hoodies, socks for DS - just a tad larger than what he wears now so he should grow into them nicely. Also found a purse for me, like new! And a really pretty grapevine wreath decorated with summery silk flowers for the front door - only $4! I couldn't buy the supplies for that to make it myself! Although I may "doctor" it up a bit :)

Got a really pretty green glass vase for $0.50 I plan to use for a Mother's Day bouquet for DMIL and a little wooden sign for $0.10 that I'm going to repurpose as part of a craft project.

Finally I found a white ceramic pitcher that I couldn't pass by. I just love those and only have one so far. I like to use them in holiday decorating, to hold flowers or just on the breakfast table.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  12:01:57 AM  Show Profile
My latest find were bead necklaces to tear apart to make new jewelry. I am collecting to make some Indian bead bracelets in turquoise and coral. I have a couple of tops that I need something to go with. I took a library class on Indian beading taught by a Apache Indian. She insisted that it said she was full Apache. It was really fun to see how primitive a beading loom can be. She did it on a picture frame wrapped with beading thread. Cool class. I made two different types of bracelets.
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  3:19:40 PM  Show Profile
At a flea market today we found a wooden tea cart - $10!!! Going to sand it down and spray paint it and use it in my craft room for storage - can't wait!!! We hit the outside vendors first and boy was that where the deals were! The indoor part was where people have booths they maintain year round and the prices were SO much higher! Similar teacart was $79 inside!

Other garage sale/flea market finds this weekend are:

Large Plastic Punch Bowl - I've been looking for one for when I am taking punch to an event and don't want to risk my glass one - $0.25!!! :)
Spray of Fall Leaves $0.10
Two Fall Leaf Garlands - FREE!
One Coach Purse - not leather - in bright pink, like new - $4
Large Basket - $1 (Will use for a gift basket at the holidays)
Silver Plated Tray - Nice size, square shape, like new $3
Large Cut Glass Vase $3
Two nice size green glass vases, pretty patterns $0.75 (I use these to take bouquets to MIL and other family members at the various holidays, Easter, Thanksgiving, so on)
"Merry and Bright" Mug $0.50 (Will fill with coffee packets, etc. and wrap in cellophane for a great teacher's gift at Christmas)

And last but not least, we found one lone plate that matches a set we already have and that I don't have quite enough of. $0.50 for that! lol

OH - and we didn't realize it until we got home but the tea cart had a drawer that was full of little items - mostly trash but there were some silver tone napkin rings, a little pewter bowl, some woven trivet mats, etc. I still need to go through it all. That was a little bonus!
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  05:50:42 AM  Show Profile
Needed a stainless steel pot for making pickles and other canning purposes this summer. Looking online the cheapest good quality ones I could find were $50 and up! Happened to stop in a deals store and found a great big one, made in Germany, for $29.99! SOLD! :)

Also got a great deal at Tuesday Morning - they had a large Hot Wheels Star Wars theme playset for 40% off and then another 25% on top of that! Got it for $11 and some change and it is now hidden away upstairs for DH for Christmas!!!

Got some Martha Stewart bottles of fine glitter for $0.99 each too and a 3 pack of Stickles glitter glue for $2.49 - MUCH cheaper than I've found elsewhere!

Finally, I've been in the market for an office type chair for my craft room. We were at Staples and I found a pretty blue one on clearance for $60 and we decided to go ahead and splurge!
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  12:08:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone.......
I am a music freak. Can't sing that well but I love making music. I have several instruments, mostly strings and drums. I even keep a set of castanedas in my car. I like to keep time to the radio. I am also a Letgo, Offer Up and shopgoodwill.com addict.

My latest find is this little guitar from Offer Up. It is smaller than my big dreadnaught acoustic that I got when I was 18. I like to take my little Amigo with me to work. At break I go outside to my car and play. Not a big fan of the break room and gossip. I pick only little so I don't play lead. I play rhythm guitar and have an electric guitar, electric bass, a ukulele, a mandlin, two autoharps and a Mt. dulcimer. In drums I have two African djembes, a pandeiro, three frame drums and an Irish bodhran. I even somehow obtain a glockenspiel but don't know how to play it.

It looks like a mandolin but it has 6 strings unlike my mandolin which has 8.

I added a picture of my dreadnaught acoustic so you can see the size difference.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  12:31:01 AM  Show Profile
Jaime
That bench is gorgeous. Y'all did an awesome restoration.

TW

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  07:00:44 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, that is cool. Does it tune like a regular guitar?

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  11:08:48 AM  Show Profile
Yes it does. The case has backpack straps so I can carry it hands free.

TW

Go to Top of Page

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  6:31:06 PM  Show Profile
Maybe it was my upbringing, but I am a 44 year old woman still trying to live my Grandmother's life! I make popcorn in an aluminum Dominion Electric 50's popcorn maker . . . I use an old-school electric Westinghouse percolator to make my coffee . . .and the only pans I use besides my cast iron are vintage copper-bottomed pans acquired at various estate sales.

But THIS may be my favorite acquisition to date . . . it was delivered yesterday and only set me back $14.00!

My Mother is already demanding tea and finger sandwiches as soon as possible! What you can't see is the neat little indentation for the cup on the plate.

Farmgirl #7407
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” Hippolyte Taine

Edited by - cyndieparz72 on Jul 02 2017 6:32:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  7:23:02 PM  Show Profile
How sweet this set is. I love finds like this. One of my favorite pastimes is afternoon tea. My. BFF and I have had formal tea at the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego, at the Beach around a fire pit and up in the mountains after hiking in a while. We have a basket packed with our teapot, china, and linens and a thermos of hottest water and finger foods and yes we wear lacey gloves and pearls. Just because we may be outside doesn't mean we shouldn't be properly attired.

What a wonderful idea to have tea with your Mom.

TW

Go to Top of Page

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  9:21:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nancy, I am envious of you! It is so hard for my BFF and I to make time to spend together - but I am definitely proposing this idea to her!

Farmgirl #7407
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” Hippolyte Taine
Go to Top of Page

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  9:26:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nancy, I am envious of you! It is so hard for my BFF and I to make time to spend together - but I am definitely proposing this idea to her!

Farmgirl #7407
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  11:09:38 PM  Show Profile
My BFF is now leaving in Minnesota 1857 miles from the Beach. We don't have tea either these days. So I am feelin' for ya. We are retiring in a year and escaping California. My BFF Will be migrating south then too.

Then we can have tea every Tuesday afternoon play Bagammon or have macchiatos and Chess at a coffee stop. Walk in the woods or sit by the shore at the lake and be thankful we made it to our golden years. My retirement goal is to wear out 50 pairs of sneakers and a dozen beach chairs.

TW

Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  11:14:00 PM  Show Profile
Cyndie.... I was looking on eBay and etsy for your set. You got a great deal! Mostly what I saw was going for 25 and up for a complete set. :)

TW

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Nifty Thrifty:  What's Your Latest Find??? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page