Cabin Dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Brenda
Cortland NY
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  7:01:47 PM  Show Profile
Call me crazy, but it has been just over 4 years since my father died. Tonight, I watched "how i met your mother" and one character lost his father and tried to remember his father's last words. I still cannot remember the last words I said to my father or the last words he said to me in person. I do remember that he left a voicemail on our answering machine wishing my husband and I a happy anniversary and to call him back. The next night he passed from a heart attack, while we were out of town, I never got to call him back. A flood of memories are coming to me tonight. I don't know why I am so emotional. That show hit a nerve big time. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't get to sleep, I just keep crying.
So much "woulda coulda shoulda" going on.

Farmgirl #1954

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  7:48:52 PM  Show Profile
Sorry that you're having a rough time, Brenda. Isn't it amazing how things can come back like that after something hits a nerve? We will be thinking of you tonight and hoping you can find peace about this. There is always a shoulda, coulda, woulda, and you can drive yourself nuts about it! Hang in there, and I hope you're able to find some solace in the memories you do have. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

Edited by - farmmilkmama on Aug 15 2011 7:50:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  12:12:20 AM  Show Profile
(((((hugs)))))

HearthCricket Farm. Where the door is always open, and the coffee is always on.
Go to Top of Page

Cabin Dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Brenda
Cortland NY
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  02:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Amy and Kristi. I guess a good old cry once in awhile can help. I finally got some sleep last night and now I am ready for a new day. I do have a lot of good memories with my father, I don't know why a simple television show affected me so much. Sorry to blubber on last night. Somehow it just seemed to help to reach out to my "sisters".

Farmgirl #1954
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  04:45:25 AM  Show Profile
That's what "sisters" are for, Brenda! Glad you're doing better today. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  5:33:28 PM  Show Profile
I do not know the last words of my mother or my father what I do know is that my mother loved all of her children very much and I hold that close to me. My father loved us but had little to do with our upbringing. He worked. I think that if you know that your parents loved you and they knew that you loved them there is not much else to be said. I am remembering emotions and feelings more than words these days.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  7:22:12 PM  Show Profile
sending hugs

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  9:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Brenda:
Hugs to you. I think I know how you feel. My dad had to have a five way bypass. All six of his daughters were at the hospital. The doctors rolled him to surgery and said we could not go too far down the hall with him. We all, including me, gave him a quick kiss. I left immediately to go home and take a bath, etc... Little did I know, the doctor rushed back down the hall to tell my sisters that my dad wanted to talk to each one separately before the surgery. I never had the chance to chat with him because, as I said, I had left. In my heart, I know what my dad would have said to me, and I to him.
I hope you are feeling better today.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  12:45:07 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,

No shame in tears they're cleansing. Obviously, you loved him very much and he you. Hope you are feeling better now.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  01:17:19 AM  Show Profile
I understand the "hitting a nerve" thing. Each year on Mother's Day, I am on the verge of tears all day long. I will not even realize it until something minor happens, and I begin to cry. Once it was in church, and I had to go out to the parking lot, because the tears would not stop. My hubby asked why I was crying, and I was honestly confused about it myself. After this Mother's Day cry happened for several years, it finally occurred to me that I missed my mom. She passed in 2003, and that day seems to "hit a nerve" for me without my even seeing it coming.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  06:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I totally understand. Those that we love affect our lives forever- whether they are here or not. *hugs* I hope you feel better today! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  03:37:30 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for sharing. I sometimes think I am crazy with how much I miss my folks. They passed within 8 months of one another - they never wanted to be apart! I just never thought they would still be a part of my daily thoughts 6 years after losing them. I know I will always miss them, but it is still so "fresh." Know what I mean?

My MJF sisters make me feel "normal" and understood!!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  08:20:52 AM  Show Profile
I can see this forum having the potential to be very theraputic. I know how to relate to your stories, stories of love and loss. The pain of loss we feel is the evidence of the love we shared and now seems 'gone'. I lost my dearest sister when I was 9 years old and theres always been a void where she would have been.
I guess on some level the love that we are blessed with comes with a cost. And the losses that we suffer, teach us to carry our own burdens. Which really is a very valuable lesson, bc everyone has their own and maybe needs help too. It would be unfair to burden someone who may have a heavy burden already.
Im glad none of us mind hearing about these sorrows.
Smiles and Rainbows brighten the day!

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  08:40:35 AM  Show Profile
I can see this forum having the potential to be very theraputic. I know how to relate to your stories, stories of love and loss. The pain of loss we feel is the evidence of the love we shared and now seems 'gone'. I lost my dearest sister when I was 9 years old and theres always been a void where she would have been.
I guess on some level the love that we are blessed with comes with a cost. And the losses that we suffer, teach us to carry our own burdens. Which really is a very valuable lesson, bc everyone has their own and maybe needs help too. It would be unfair to burden someone who may have a heavy burden already.
Im glad none of us mind hearing about these sorrows.
Smiles and Rainbows brighten the day!

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Last words Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page