Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Need gf Budget Mix Pancake recipe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Need gf Budget Mix Pancake recipe Next Topic  

Sourceress
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Elisabeth
Thurmont MD
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  4:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Sourceress an AOL message  Send Sourceress a Yahoo! Message
I think the pancake recipe is printed on the 1 and 2 lb bags of gf Budget Mix. It's not in the little booklet that comes inside the bag, probably because it's on the bag, and that would be redundant. :-)

However, when we got the 10 lb. box of GF Budget Mix, the recipe for pancakes wasn't on the box. There was a copy of the little booklet in the box, but it's the same little booklet that's in the smaller bags, so the pancake recipe isn't in it. Unfortunately, I had pitched my last empty Budget Mix bag, because it hadn't occurred to me that I might need to save it for some reason.

My kids and I would really like to make pancakes with the gf Budget Mix. In fact, that's one of the things I got it for. I suspect once they figure out they can do pancakes with it, we'll be going through quite a bit of it. Could someone please post the recipe for me? If there are other recipes on the bag that are not included in the booklet, I'd love to have those too.

Thanks!

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  4:38:44 PM  Show Profile
Ask and ye shall receive. :)

1 C GF Budget Mix
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbls Sugar
2 Tbls Melted Butter
1 egg
1 cup milk

Combine Budget Mis, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, egg and milk. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture and stir just until blended with small lumps. Ladle onto a hot, lightly greased griddle over med. high heat. Shake the pan slightly to flatten the pancakes. Flip pancakes after bubbles form and tops have lost their sheen. (you can keep cakes warm in a 200 F oven until you finish cooking the remaining batter.

Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MaryJanesFarm
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  4:41:17 PM  Show Profile
I just noticed the time stamp. I am slower than Domino's. Thirty-two minutes between question and answer. At least I'm not all greasy and inside a cardboard box.

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  04:19:53 AM  Show Profile
That took me a minute.

However, do you smell like a fresh pizza? Do you come with breadsticks? That could come into consideration. LOL jk.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sourceress
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Elisabeth
Thurmont MD
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  4:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Sourceress an AOL message  Send Sourceress a Yahoo! Message
Thanks! And no worries - I am not nearly as computer-obsessed as I used to be. At this point, if I manage to log on and check things once a day, I'm doing really good. Thirty-two minutes is a great response time!

Looking forward to pancakes tomorrow.... :-)

Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  10:49:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm kinda hungry for pizza now. And yes, bread sticks would be in order too. :)

Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Need gf Budget Mix Pancake recipe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page