Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  11:18:34 AM  Show Profile
Are you farm sisters getting as many junkie Christmas catalogs as I am? I am trying to make gifts and ornaments, recycling, and doing my best for the environment, and I just keep getting these awful magazines full of useless items. I have called the companies. I have tried to return them, but the mailman won't take them back. I'm ready to build an out house and put them to good use. LOL

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  1:39:28 PM  Show Profile
I save them and use them in my garden as mulch.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  1:42:30 PM  Show Profile
Thelma from Thompson, IA. Those folks at the catalog places pay so little to have their millions of catalogs mailed out that it is more expensive for your mailman to send them back. Use them for collage on your Christmas ornaments or to start the fire in your woodstove, or if all fails, just remove your address label and recycle them.

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Nov 08 2011 1:43:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  2:34:42 PM  Show Profile
Stick them in with those ridiculous credit card offers. The credit card companies pay the postage on those return envelopes. The heavier they are, the more they have to pay the post office. I'm not sure I would use them as mulch in a vegetable garden. Something about the colored ink. Maybe you could cut out pictures for decoupage crafts.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  3:04:50 PM  Show Profile
Thelma:
Yes!!! I get dozens of them daily. I got a new one last week, and check the place out online. The next morning I saw a commercial for it, which I had NEVER seen before. I usually put most of them right into the trash can.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic catalogs Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page