Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2012 :  09:46:57 AM  Show Profile
It is warm here, too. It was 46 when I got up this morning. We got rain in the night instead of snow. It is partly cloudy and the wind is blowing, but not too bad. DH is helping a neighbor gather cows and ship them today. He took his big slicker, a down coat, and his muck boots.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  09:13:37 AM  Show Profile
Hey Betty, don't know about you...but Thank Gosh the winds have slowed to a 'breezy' 15mph... unlike the nearly 40mph winds we have had for the last 48 hours!
And... OMG! the sun is actually 'almost' shining! but we are due another wave of gloom, snow & possibility of rain... not liking that!
Hunker down and HoHoHo!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  3:27:21 PM  Show Profile
SW Louisiana had a beautiful sunny day today. Temps in the high 70s. It was a day to be outside!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  4:37:39 PM  Show Profile
It was a beautiful day today. Highs in the 40's, clear blue sky, and a very slight breeze. We couldn't get out to feed cows yesterday, it was too muddy. It was cold enough last night to freeze the ground. When we fed this morning, there were no cows in sight. I called and called, and the longhorns never came. Along about 3 in the afternoon, I saw them trailng up the hill to the feed ground. We have always had Angus-Hereford cows and if you don't feed them, they stand waiting, bawling their head off, until you come. The Longhorns go find something to eat on their own.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  9:13:06 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, I can just hear the Angus-Herford cows bawling for their food!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  9:31:02 PM  Show Profile
We have been in the 30's and 40's and some snow in our lower elevation mountains. Eureka got some last night.
I am going to travel by bus and train Monday up to Everett Washington and I sure hope it isn't snowed in and blowing so much by then. I really don't like snow a whole lot...brrr.
Marly Keep safe out there I hope it just is rain and thunder and lightning there.
Take care everyone and Merry Christmas!
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  07:41:28 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Darlene. The weather is not bad yet. I think the really bad weather is coming in tonight.
Merry, Merry Christmas to you, also!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  07:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Does this tell you anything about our weather? This was actually taken on Monday and over Sunday and Monday we've gotten almost 10 inches. Got our drive plowed out just in time.

Because it looks like that again today. We knew it'd be coming in again, predicting about 8-10 inches more, then tapering off today and getting "frigid" tonight. It's very snowy and white out there today.

We are happy because we had a very poor winter last year and our summer water supply was hurting. Another winter like that will hurt us seriously. If you all remember this past summer for Colorado was one of extreme dryness and many, many horrible wildfires. I'm praying that Colorado gets COVERED with snow . . . like it's supposed to be.

Thank you, Lord, for the snow!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Dec 19 2012 07:54:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  08:53:33 AM  Show Profile
CJ! What a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing yourself and all that snow with us. My goodness, I am COLD just looking at that picture. LOL. I just cannot imagine having that much snow, much less being in that much snow. How cold that must be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay warm. SW Louisiana will be in the high 70s today. We're expecting thunder storms tonight, with a cold front approaching. Lows expected in the 30s. That is frigidly cold for me. I'll be cooking a gumbo, if you'd like to warm up, come on down.
Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  3:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I was wrong in the first picture . . .it's from Saturday! We've received lots of snow since then.
More today but it was more of a "blizzard" environment today, although not a true blizzard. But it cleared out, the skies are clear and the northwest wind is blowing enough to make drifts and it is VERY, VERY, VERY COLD!!!!

This pic is from today and this what I had to do to combat that NW wind! At 4:45 PM it is already down to 18 degrees . . going to be a COLD, COLD night! BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

This is my Bramble wearing her cozy collar made for her by farmgirl Sharon . . .aka "calicogirl". She LOVES to go on power walks with me, loves the snow. She always gets her feet and belly muddy and sometimes, like today, has icicles hanging off the hair on her belly. So, in the house we had to use warm water to get all that off and keep her from getting too cold. We do this every day and deal with the weather as needed!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  09:27:23 AM  Show Profile
CJ, I hope Colorado stays covered in snow for a long time and that the water supply there fills up. Those wildfires were terrible. Here in Gulf Coast Florida it is sunny and about high 70s for today. I don't miss the snow at all. Stay safe in the mid-west. I hear y 'all will be getting snow. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  12:36:02 PM  Show Profile
We are in a blizzard warning right now! First it snowed, then it rained and now it is snowing sideways!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  2:50:45 PM  Show Profile
We have extremely strong winds here, with a little snow accumulation. The temp. is dropping. It's like a blzzard without all the snow. It started snowing earlier today and was so thick it looked like fog, but the ground was still too warm. Now the ground is starting to freeze. I put out suet and seed for the wild birds.that wind is gusting something fierce. Stay warm!
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  2:53:51 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe it, but it is 60°F outside. This is winter? However, the wind is blowing a gale. When the sun is shining, off and on, it isn't too bad.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  3:02:33 PM  Show Profile
We had a lot of blowing wind today. Temperatures in the 50s. Dropping temps tonight down to the low 30s. The sun did come out, but it was still cold.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  4:36:53 PM  Show Profile
It was cool today, in the 40's and overcast with a brisk breeze. Our snow is now gone of the south and east slopes. It is supposed to snow in the mountains tonight, we may be on the edge. The snow is pilng up in the mountains, I hope is just keeps coming.

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  06:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
we got all the bad weather the weather prognasticators predicted. the wind is blowing, snow is drifting across the roads, and i am not going anywhere. DH is tyring to clear the drive, Belle, the puppy, doesn't konw what to make of the white stuff. She had to bring me a snowball.
and it is COLD. DH siad he wanted a white Christmas. we got it....

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  08:25:30 AM  Show Profile
Charlotte, I've been seeing all that weather y'all have been getting on the Weather Channel. OMGoodness! Stay warm.
It's in the 50s here this morning. Warming up to the high 60s, low 70s. The sun is out.
Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  3:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Marly
DH is complaining that he wants to be someplace warmer. i told him we could retire someplace warm. :-)

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  7:08:58 PM  Show Profile
Yes, indeed, I agree. Dreams are good. Louisiana and Texas are good warm places to be.
By the way, I absolutely love, love, love your tag line; "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon". Love it.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  05:34:53 AM  Show Profile
Cold! Cold! Cold! Here in KY. I feel like I'm back in MA. :(

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  09:34:03 AM  Show Profile
Stay warm, Teri. It's overcast here today. Temps now in the low 60s. The humidity is around 80 %. We are expecting rain for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  5:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Marly
i am from SC so i know how nice those places can be in the winter. it's the summers i don't like ;-)
today it was cold started at 9 adn got to 22. the sun was out and it wasn't windy so it didn't feel as cold, LOL. it is supposed to stay like this for a few days now.
Merry Christmas

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  7:22:50 PM  Show Profile
Charlotte, 9 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not know what to do in 9 degree weather. 22 degrees, that is just as bad as far as I'm concerned! LOL. I freeze at 35 degrees. Stay warm.
How does one drive in all that snow?
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  10:14:38 AM  Show Profile
Marly, carefully,...they drive carefully. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page