Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  08:20:15 AM  Show Profile
It's 10am and already 73.....slight overcast.....headed to 93 today with chance of thundershowers. We could use some rain but looks like everyone that is getting rain lately have had to deal with flooding. We could do without that! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day....despite the weather!!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  10:45:44 AM  Show Profile
It's raining again today and temps are in the high 50's. Plans to work outside are put again on the back burner.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I've lived in an urban area most my life, but now I'm living in a rural area up on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains in Southwest Wisconsin, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  08:53:38 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday it was 91, supposed to be near 90 today. We had 3 days of rain a week or so ago, not lots, but very welcome. It hailed one of those days and I am so thankful for the little hoop house/greenhouse covering my tomatoes. This is haying weather and that is just what we are doing. All our grass hay is cut, we will wait on the oat hay. DH is baling right now.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  4:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Cool today in the Texas Hill Country. The wind has surely been an adjustment for us! It rained a little this morning
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  10:18:29 AM  Show Profile
Marly, I had a friend who lived where the wind really blew all the time. I asked her if she ever got used to it, she was from West Texas originally, she said the only time she noticed it was when it didn't blow. I don't know if I ever could get used to wind all the time.
We have had wind lately, but not all the time, mostly in the evenings. It is warm again today, and supposed to get warmer the first of the week.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  10:23:28 AM  Show Profile
It is supposed to reach 88°F today and be bright and shiny. For me, this is getting warm. The garden loves it and I do need to get the hose running on it and the flower bed. Got my plants in late and the beans seem to be barely thriving. Most of them never came up. It doesn't seem that the soil is too cold, but maybe something is eating the seeds. Will try and replant some of the bare spots today. Volunteer zucchini are doing very well as are my potato plants which are blooming.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  4:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Jennie Lyn, today there wasn't much wind. Back in SW Louisiana, lots of wind was associated with a coming hurricane!
Hugs
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  10:21:03 AM  Show Profile
We are back in SW Louisiana for a week. The humidity is so high. Mosquitoes are out big time. Temperatures are in the 90s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  07:49:29 AM  Show Profile
It was in the 90' a couple of days ago, while we were putting up hay of course, but yesterday and today are much cooler. We had a little rain in the night last night, not much, but enough get the ground wet. It is partly cloudy and stormy looking, but nothing so far today.

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  7:31:08 PM  Show Profile
Finally a day without rain. We had quite a flood here recently. All my plants are doing well. It was warm today but hey--no rain!
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  10:36:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh, we got rain last night and today. Wonderful, wonderful rain. Enough to make our oats fill, and keep the grass on the north slopes growing a little while longer. A real blessing.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  10:53:47 AM  Show Profile
On June 8th I said it was supposed to reach 88°F in the Tri-Cities. I think it got to 90. Today it is overcast and rainy and about 66°F. Strange weather this year and it is causing the garden to fluctuate wildly.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  5:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
We are bracing for a big heat wave! It is already in the triple digits here (we take walks at 10 pm at night and it is still 98 degrees). This weekend and beyond we are suppose to get to 112 to 115! That is just crazy . I am hoping for a decent monsoon this year as we haven't had them like in past years. It use to pour rain, and thunder and lightning in the summer. I miss a good t-storm. Now you know why my new sun oven is such a great useful gift! I get tired of salads all summer long, and have already eaten my fair share of watermelon and it is only June.
Take care now, Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  2:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Remember when I was dreaming about the sweet scent of rain on sagebrush? Well we have had a truly wonderful 3 day rain. Just a gentle, sink into the earth, rain. Today the air smells sweet and clean. Hot weather is coming, supposed to be over 100 by Friday.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  3:41:06 PM  Show Profile
It poured rain yesterday morning and it was wonderful. Today is supposed to be overcast and in the 70's. Saturday, however, we are supposed to have temps over 100. Now that's a change!

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  9:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Annie,

We are also getting ready for the heat wave here. Friday 's predicted high in Phoenix ranges from 119 to 121. 122 is the highest temperature ever recorded here. I am preparing for the heat like I would for a blizzard....ran my errand, bought groceries and pet food. Other than going out very early to water the garden, I plan to spend the weekend inside, hiding form the heat.

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  11:43:27 AM  Show Profile
It will be over 100 today again. The sun goes down here at the ranch about 7 in the evening, so we try to do outside work then. I mowed lawn this morning, and we will wait until evening to pick up hay. Prayers for everyone dealing with this extreme heat. I just heard about the hot shot crew in the Southwest losing their lives in a wild fire. What a horrible thing.

Go to Top of Page

csmartyonline
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Carole
Clarksville TN
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  2:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Cool, raining at the moment. Unusual temperatures for us this time of year. I'm really enjoying it.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  3:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Now we have some dead birds in our yard from the heat wave. They look like tree swallows. Poor little souls didn't stand a chance.
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  3:45:36 PM  Show Profile
We just started with another storm...but I'm not complaining. After watching drought after drought get worse over the past 5 years and not being able to water the garden, needing to water people and livestock, it's nice to not be worrying about it. I hope the balance of nice cooler weather and intermittent rain continues through the summer. I may just get actual veggies put up this year. Smiling & Waving, Sharon

http://www.thesilvermaplefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  4:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Here in the Texas Hill Country we have had two days of cool weather. It is 78 degrees right now. Perfect to work and play outside.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  7:00:19 PM  Show Profile
It is miserable here. I went out this morning and pulled some weeds and watered my container plants and did the same this afternoon. It was 106°F when I went out just a bit ago. Miserable weather and won't be any better until the weekend. I'm hoping most folks don't mess with the fireworks because with all the rain we've had, the cheat grass has grown high and is now suffering from lack of water. What a fire danger that is.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1503 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  7:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Stormy today. Flooded my basement...Annoying, but I think it didn't get warmer than 75! First day of July, kinda crazy. Usually we are looking at about 95, bright sun, and oppressive humidity,

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Edited by - DandeeRose on Jul 01 2013 7:05:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  08:26:05 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday it was 110 in Boise. Maybe 108 here on the mountain. Too hot. We worked outside for a while last evening, will try to pick up hay tonight after it cools a little.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  10:45:45 AM  Show Profile
Here in the Tri-Cities it was 106 deg and HOT. Today supposed to be 109 deg. My lawn needs to be mowed, but I'm not doing it today, maybe tomorrow. Turned my AC up to 80 and that's pretty much where it will stay unless I get really uncomfortable and then will drop it a couple of degrees.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page