Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2014 :  8:15:40 PM  Show Profile
I just got in from my night out with "the boys". The temp was -6 and -28 wind chill. Winds are from the NW at 15 mph and there is blowing snow. Tomorrow the wind chills are predicted to be in the -30's. I have decided not to leave the house for any reason. Friday is predicted to be at +36. I may go out then.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  5:30:07 PM  Show Profile

Spring is finally on the way to Kentucky...supposed to be in the mid to upper 60's by the end of the coming week...prayerfully the very cold weather and snow will soon be over...

Hugs!

Judy

THERE IS ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR...

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  5:46:00 PM  Show Profile
We had temperatures in the teens today and it snowed as it usually does when it warms up around here. It is nice to have such warm weather.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  5:56:12 PM  Show Profile
It's raining here in SE Washington. We can use the precip. Spring must be on its way because my daffodils have their little heads pooking up about a half inch. What a wonderful sight to see.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  1:16:11 PM  Show Profile
Warm today in Florida with clear sky. Took a picture of this little fella who will soon be a visitor to my milkweed.

Save the Earth...it's our only source of chocolate.

Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  3:02:46 PM  Show Profile
Our weather has officially gone crazy. We had freezing rain this morning--my front porch was so slick I couldn't stand on it without holding onto something. I went in to work three hours late because the streets were so slick. Now the sun is out, temps. in the 40's and everything is a soggy mess. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 60's. The ER at the hospital where I work was overfilled with people who had fallen. Now when I walk in my yard, the mud is pulling at my shoes. This is crazy weather!
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  9:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
4 feet of snow on the ground and we are supposed to get 6" tonight into tomorrow. Really!!!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  06:16:58 AM  Show Profile
Clear and 18 degrees here right now. Could get up to 40 degrees today. We are all cautiously optimistic.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile
19 here right now, it was -4 this morning. Got a few more inches of snow, plus we had fog this morning, so all the trees were white with frost. Pretty, but we are tired of winter already!!!

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  5:32:09 PM  Show Profile
Crazy windy weather. You know it's windy when the birds are being tossed about. I even saw a Canada goose having trouble flying. The jets are also flying low--the turbulence up high is just too great. It was warm today--about 65 degrees. Now it's getting colder again. Plus there was minor flooding from all the melting snow. Lots of branches down all over. I heard a small tornado hit a nearby town. And March isn't even here yet!
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  07:47:17 AM  Show Profile
Right now it is snowing - again - but what a day or two - I live in Ohio it will change :)
Brrrr - super cold too.

Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  07:50:38 AM  Show Profile
It is cold here and there is snow everywhere. Parking has been restricted to one side on residential streets because of all the snow piled up everywhere. Walking is hazardous with snow over hard compacted snow and ice. It is a winter wonderland here.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  08:11:43 AM  Show Profile
We are at 1 degree F with a forecast of 10 days with highs in the teens and lows below zero.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  08:19:49 AM  Show Profile
It's 33°F here in SE Washington State. Just warm enough to be slick. We had snow and freezing rain last night and no school delays though. I'm just waiting for the next few days to warm up and the garden can get tilled. I do have to order some strawberry plants too and dig up and toss the old ones.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  8:46:08 PM  Show Profile
Stormy weather is on the way. Lots of places received damaging hail today and it's going to start getting really bad early this morning. Possibility of tornadoes. There has been minor flooding. I was watching it rain today at work and it occurred to me that part of the reason why we have so much flooding is because of pavement. The water can't soak into the ground. I know we need roads and parking lots, but do we really need so much? Just a thought.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  09:36:14 AM  Show Profile
Here in Minnesota, specifically in the Twin Cities, it is likely that the freezing rain/snow will start at rush hour. I have been in one of these. I had to take a bus from downtown Minneapolis to a suburb. On good days the trip took an hour. On this particular day, the bus was 45 minutes late (yes, I was waiting outside in the cold wind and blowing snow) and the rest of the trip took 1 1/2 hours. Good times!

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 01 2014 :  2:39:28 PM  Show Profile
Texas' Hill Country Weather is warm, in the high 70s, and not too much wind today. My husband and I moved to Texas almost one year ago. I am still not used to the wind. LOL
The wildflowers are blooming but they need rain.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - May 01 2014 :  4:17:51 PM  Show Profile
You'd think it was summer. It was 70°F yesterday and today it is 84°F. The AC is on too. I feel like I'm running behind trying to get my garden in and it isn't even the middle of May? Go figure!

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  2:01:03 PM  Show Profile
Expecting rain Thursday and Friday in the Texas Hill Country. We need the rain.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  3:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Visiting in Portland and it is gorgeous here. Mid 60s and very sunny. Perfect weather to do something without getting too hot!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  4:16:48 PM  Show Profile
The sun is shining and it is 70°F. 40% chance of rain tomorrow. Hope it does rain. Perfect gardening weather. The strawberries are blooming their fool heads off.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 14 2014 :  1:12:49 PM  Show Profile
The Texas Hill Country finally got wonderful, much needed rain Monday and Tuesday!!!!! The flowers and plants are loving that.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - May 14 2014 :  3:33:32 PM  Show Profile
It is very hot outside, 85°F. Mowed the lawn today with help from my neighbor and now am sweating like everything. Time for a shower and some cooling off.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 14 2014 :  4:02:50 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful!
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  3:19:28 PM  Show Profile
It is dry here in the Texas Hill Country. I mowed the yard Saturday and it was a dust storm. Hope we get rain soon.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page