Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Birthdays
 **Let's keep track of B-days
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic **Let's keep track of B-days Next Topic
Page: of 36

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2005 :  10:38:23 AM  Show Profile
My name is Cindy Lou too! My birthday is October 5, 1962. My mom felt the first faint twinges of labor during the 10p.m. news the night before so Dad was figuring he wouldn't be getting much sleep that night. Mom shocked him by saying she was too tired to have a baby and was going to bed. They decided it had been false labor. The next morning as Daddy was driving off with their only car, to his job in the city 30 miles away, her water broke. She called Grandma, who's always been a wild driver. One hair-raising, white knuckle drive and one hour later, I was born on the way in the door to the hospital while my mother giggled as her exasperated mom said, "Only YOU could sleep through LABOR!"

That sense of humor is what has made the two of us the best of friends.
Go to Top of Page

Robinwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Robin
Blacksburg Virginia
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2005 :  5:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Robinwolf an AOL message
Cindy, when is Mary Jane's Birthday?
Robin

Let the beauty we love be what we do. -- Rumi--
Go to Top of Page

Robinwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Robin
Blacksburg Virginia
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2005 :  5:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Robinwolf an AOL message
Hi Cindylou! My birthdate is February 15, 1953! I'm 52 now - how did THAT happen? My husband is also 52 (but 6 months younger than me). Our daughter is 26 years old. Gee- seems like she was 4 years old just a year or two ago. I'm an Aquarian! YAY! Aquarians are VERY intuitive, individualistic, eccentric people - and I am ALL THAT! And very purple people. It would be nice if the Dansko shoes came in purple. But I can live with the red ones. LOL
I just found my birth father last year, and was warmly welcomed by him - turns out I am the last of his children - his youngest. I am so delighted and thrilled that he has accepted me so wonderfully - we IM each other every day. He is 84 years old, and always knew that I was out there somewhere but never knew how to go about finding me.
Robin
Robin

Go to Top of Page

PhillyfarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Yael
Philadelphia PA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2005 :  7:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Send PhillyfarmGirl an AOL message
Hi there,
I am new to the forum so I thought I would jump right in here. Mine is 6-27. Total cancerian °Ü° It just passed a bit ago and is the reason why I even ended up here. °Ü° I recived the book for my birthday as a gift!
Happy Trails!

~It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion;
It is easy in solitude to live after our own;
but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.~
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2005 :  9:15:11 PM  Show Profile
Yael, that's my husband's birthday! He was born in '68.

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

PhillyfarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Yael
Philadelphia PA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  03:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Send PhillyfarmGirl an AOL message
Really Molly?! How kewl is that! I love finding other people born on my birthday, I don't know why but I think it is so neat! So, I guess you will not forget mine LOL!!
All the best!
PS I love your quotes!

quote:
Originally posted by mollymae

Yael, that's my husband's birthday! He was born in '68.

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

~It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion;
It is easy in solitude to live after our own;
but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.~
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  08:37:31 AM  Show Profile
March 2, 1976, which makes me the second youngest to reply to this thread.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  08:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Yael, nope I'll never forget yours now! My sister-in-law's is on the same day as well..

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

Robinwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Robin
Blacksburg Virginia
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  1:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Robinwolf an AOL message
Has anyone posted when MaryJane's birthday is? I can't find it anywhere, or am I looking in the wrong spot? I'd love to make her a special birthday card - she is, after all, changing my life!
Robin

Go to Top of Page

LifeSmiles
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Kathy
DeKalb IL
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  6:17:56 PM  Show Profile
I've got a 26 January 1980 birthday. Yay Aquarians!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  6:29:54 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting their bdays, Clare!! I hope the others join in too, that would be fun

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  6:40:21 PM  Show Profile
I am new to the group (I logged in on the Welcome thread) You all are babies !!!

July 29 , 1945 !!! My big 60 is around the corner--My Mother lived to be 94---

Linda H
Southest Louisiana
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2005 :  10:33:04 AM  Show Profile

Hi farmgirls! The fabulous thing about sharing birthdays is that it dramatically shows how we all "connect" regardless of our ages. Our inner "farmgirl-ness" is a common thread that links us all together. As I get older I realize that being young is definitely an attitude applied to the way you live your life. This makes my children a little crazy sometimes. They have been known to ask me to please be "normal," whatever that is!!!
Cindylou November 8, 1947
And yes, it is really Cynthia Lou but that always seemed too formal given my child at heart nature.
Thanks Clare for asking, now you have the year, too!

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

KathyLou
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Kathleen
Polson Montana
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  11:31:11 PM  Show Profile
August 20, 1949 is my birthday. I was born in San Francisco. When my Mom's labor started, my Dad put two legs in one pair of pants and things got off to a good start. He swore that when he first saw me in the hospital that my eyes could follow his swinging tie. They didn't let many people see the babies in those days so all my Dad's brothers took turns going to the nursery telling the nurse that they were the father. My poor mother! Life is good when we choose to enjoy it. Cheers! KathyLou

Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  11:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Am I the oldest on this list My birthday is January 29, 1944

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  03:36:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,
My birthday is October 20, 1959........quintessential Libra

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Allia
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2005 :  08:18:29 AM  Show Profile
My birthday is July 12, 1971...but I'm telling everyone I just turned 25...again.

Allia
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2005 :  09:18:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm a "61 model as my gramma used to say (4 of us cousins all in 1961). November 4th. Just about everyone in my family shares a birthday. In our family it's an honor!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

redbird3boys
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Marilyn
Elmhurst IL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  4:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Send redbird3boys an AOL message
Hi everyone! I am a newbie and so glad to have found this site. My birthday is Aug 10...so the BIG 50 is upon me. LOL I am just beginning this new chapter of my life.

try it..you never know what will work
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  4:56:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello from the hot lands of the Midwest. Super HOT today. Maybe my birthday will help cool us off: December 29, 1959.
Have a great day all!
Joy

To live without farm life is merely existing, to live with farm life is living life to it very last experience.

Edited by - JoyIowa on Jul 25 2005 03:26:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

G-G
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Venessa
Eureka Montana
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  9:04:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,
My birthday is December 14, 1960. I've noticed a few posts commenting on the differences in our ages, and I just want to encourage you to remember that age is only relative. I worked in a care center as a med nurse for a few years and several 80 and 90 year olds informed me that they feel like the same person inside that they were 50 years ago! Don't let age hang you up. There'll always be someone on the sidelines willing to tell you that you're "too young" or "too old" for your dream, but don't be tempted to listen. I love the fact that although we may differ in age, we are alike in SO MANY ways! Love,
Venessa
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  10:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it cool?
For the longest time I was always the youngest in my group of friends..I guess because I had my first two kids very young (by the time I was 21 I had the two) and tend to meet friends through my kids sort of. Anyway..now I am usually the oldest among my group of friends..no doubt because I tend to hang out with moms of kids the same ages as mine..and I have 4 younger ones at home now that I would have given birth to in my late 30's. I have always felt just as comfortable with the older and the younger friends and honestly don't feel any older now than I did way back then..maybe a little wiser..but I doubt it. I love that we are all so much alike and yet so different...makes life interesting..right??

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  1:28:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi! My Birthday is 7-7-70

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

G-G
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Venessa
Eureka Montana
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  7:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, you said it perfectly. Some of my dearest friends are people not remotely close to my age. You know, it use to be the tradition for ladies to never reveal their age. I met a true "southern belle" in south Texas. She finally admitted to her family when she turned 100, because she figured it was time for a big celebration, but her daughter told me that all through the years, no one in the family really knew her age--it was not something a lady discussed. Hee! Hee! Now, I'm glad we're not as hung up over it as that--I think my problem is that I can't understand how the time has passed so quickly!
Venessa
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  05:01:15 AM  Show Profile
It is fun to read the little excerpts of things your parents and families said about what happened the day you were born.

For me, it was always the story about how I came into the world making loud noise and have been a firecracker ever since. Mom said there was a skylight in the labor and delivery room of the hospital and she could see occasional fireworks while she was in labor.

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic **Let's keep track of B-days Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page