Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Communicating with someone who has crossed over ..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Communicating with someone who has crossed over .. Next Topic
Page: of 3

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  03:27:14 AM  Show Profile
A number of farmgirls have mentioned in their list of 7 Random Things About Me that they have had the experience of communicating with someone who has crossed over. So many of us want to hear more. I think it is a tremendous gift with so much potential to learn life lessons. Please share!!
Marianne

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  05:24:29 AM  Show Profile
Would you like the good or the bad is the question?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  05:47:03 AM  Show Profile
I think you always have to take the bad with the good ????
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  08:05:28 AM  Show Profile
I agree. Tell the whole story. I think there are many of us who have had similar experiences but don't talk much about it because 1) people don't believe you and 2) they are afraid of what they do not understand. So let's shed some light.
I have not communicated with the dead but I have had dreams of actual events that I had absolutely no way of knowing about. Always concerning someone I love. I also have had the experience of dreaming about someone I hadn't even thought about in years, only to learn that they died the very night that I dreamed about them. Other dreams too, for another time. I have also been picked out of a crowd as a total stranger and "spoken over" by a religious man who was a prophet. He was absolutely spot on. I went but didn't really believe. Sat in the back of the room. Knew no one there and certainly had never shared my story. I really don't know what to make of it. There are two people in my life now who call me up when ever anything is wrong and tell me they had a strong message to pray for me. Hopefully this subject won't step on any religious toes and we will be able to share here.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  09:01:37 AM  Show Profile
Well...there always seems to be one woman in each generation of my family with the Sight. I inherited it from my mother. I have seen enough to hog this whole thread, but Mom is actually the first story I am compelled to share.

In life my mother was a cruel, abusive, and self-centered woman. She made sure I knew that I was unwanted, but--still, she was my mother. I had planned to go to school overseas, but instead stayed home to care for her when her health declined. In return, she became even more hateful.

I was with her the night she died. The day after her funeral, I awoke suddenly to see her floating by my bed--only she looked like a mummy! Since she was cremated, I am not sure why she appeared that way. She just hissed and cursed at me, then vanished.

For the next two years, I couldn't have an alarm clock. Every one of them would go off at random hours--even if there were no batteries in them--and then stop at the exact time she died.

I finally had to purify the house!

Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  09:14:26 AM  Show Profile
My late brother-in-law leaves pennies around to let us know he is here. I had a hard time believing this when my sister first told me about it. But it happens a lot. What made me a believer was when we returned from my husbands funeral, there was a penny on the kitchen counter that I am positive was not there before.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  11:07:22 AM  Show Profile
Belle My grandfather leaves me pennies. Every night he would dump all his change into a jar and got me doing the same when I was a kid, after he passed I started finding pennies in odd places and always feel his presence when I pick one up. Especially find them when I am stressed or confused about a situation.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  2:55:00 PM  Show Profile
I volunteer at a no kill shelter and the building used to be a nursing home. One morning a gentleman was to bring his dog for grooming at 9am. He got there early, 8:30 and the doors were locked. He called the owner on the phone and was chewing her out because a lady was sitting at the front desk and would not open the door and let him in!!! Her name is Sarah and when ask he discribed her to a tee. But he wondered why she was wearing a gown!! The owner lives in a house on the property and she uses a baby monitor at night. I think Sarah like animals because if there is a storm brewing eve the dogs that hate storms during the day will lay quietly and not make a sound.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  4:22:53 PM  Show Profile
My relatives who have passed on usually come to me in my dreams,and only when something very important or upsetting has ocurred and I wonder what to do next-my mom has always offered very accurate info,esp where cats I've had are concerned. There are times when things have been moved around the house without anyone living doing it,as well as the occasional hearing footsteps coming down the hall when no one else is in the house. My cats also react by staring at doorways & corners as tho they see that something is there,tho I can't. I truly believe a few of my ancestors continue to check in on me every once in awhile to see how I am.

http://www.mandolinbabe.biz

http://www.fiddlebelle.com
http://www.banjobelle.biz
http://www.celticcowgirl.me

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,banjo pickin, & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  4:38:19 PM  Show Profile
I had a very good friend send me a plaque that says :

"Some people hear voices,
Some see invisible people,
Others have no imagination whatsoever!"

I will come back and tell my stories...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  5:09:16 PM  Show Profile
We bought an old house 22 years ago out in the Atchafalaya Swamps. It has become our camp. When we went to look at it, the older people who owned it met us there to show it to us. As my hubby was chatting the elders, I went out on the back screened porch. There sitting on this hand-made moss chair was a really old lady. We had the biggest conversation. She even gave me a hug. When I went back in the house I mentioned how sweet the old lady was to me. The older lady smiled and said that that was her Grandmother, who was born in the house and died in the house. They decided to sell us the house because we didn't have a problem with the old lady being there. I've never seen her again. We still have the camp.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  6:07:21 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, your mother must have been possessed by the devil. I have heard of it but never known anyone who has experienced it. You are a strong woman to have come through such a trial. What are your good stories?

Loretta Lynn has an old home from the Civil War days and she says she has ghosts that she sees but I don't remember if she talks to them.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  6:13:01 PM  Show Profile
Tina: I love the plaque saying, that is so true. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  8:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, something was not right. She was a pathological narcissist, at the least. (Bear in mind I don't believe in demons per se, but I know there are very bad things out there!)

When I am upset I smell my favorite uncle's combination of Old Spice and vanilla pipe tobacco. Either that, or I will feel a pat on my shoulder and hear my grandmother whisper my nickname.

Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  8:40:29 PM  Show Profile
Well for me it started when I was a child of 10. My parents had bought this old house that was 75 years old back in the late 1950's. It had three stories and a basement. One day i was reading a horse book up on the third floor (kind of a playroom in progress) I was the only one up there and I heard noises then saw a man in overalls with tools. He walked into a closed door that was the attick. I opened up the door to see him working in there. He told me that his name was George. My parents never saw him but my siblings had. If we were playing up there he would talk to us. Pretty neat. I don't live in that house anymore. But I can feel presences of deceased loved ones and I have items moved in my kitchen. Sometimes when hubby and I are in the livingroom we can hear something in the kitchen and in the back room of our house and nobody is in the kitchen or the back room. I have alot more stories but thats for another time.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart

http://www.etsy.com/people/lauriescott60
Aprons and More by Laurie
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  11:00:55 AM  Show Profile
I believe that the dead are asleep in their graves awaiting the return of Jesus to take us to heaven. I believe that evil angels pretend to be our dead loved ones communicating with us in order to deceive us about what death really is. Not a judgement but a word of caution. The Bible forbids it for good reason. Be careful and think it through sisters.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  4:56:24 PM  Show Profile
Personally I have heard so many very positive stories of visits from those that have passed that I could not think that it could be anything like an evil angel. Many people have been helped by these visits so how could it be negative. The day my grandfather passed a white dove landed in our backyard (never saw a dove in the neighborhood before or since) and stayed there the entire day not leaving until sunset, for us it was a sign that he had arrived in heaven.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  6:41:51 PM  Show Profile
I also cant see evil in seeing dad in my dreams or smelling his pipe tobacco after he left us

latchiegirl-justacountrygirl@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  7:49:25 PM  Show Profile
Laura, I am wondering where in the bible it says that its forbiden, I was raised in the church, and yet every other generation of the maternal side of my family have the gift, and it was never portrayed as evil angels, I am a mix of Native American, Irish and Bohemien, and any that have the gift, also know how to block the bad when need be...it is not a controled thing, we can not make it happen like the movies, I never know when someone will come to me in voice, dream or spirit...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  03:55:19 AM  Show Profile
Maybe we should change the title of this thread to "Adventures with Angels?" I don't want to offend or upset anyone... but, I sure want to hear what everyone has to share. Feedback?
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  05:10:30 AM  Show Profile
I think your title should stay as it is. Perhaps consider some of these visits can be bad and some good. Until it is our turn we will not know for sure. Too many have seen loved ones to just blow it off. I do agree not to mess with evil things we do not understand but seeing a loved one comforts so many. Is it an angel disguised as them or them? Who knows but if it helps us get thru a hard time maybe that is a good thing.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  05:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Ladies!

I had an experience when I was in High School that I think really opened my mind about some of these tricky situations. My English teacher had one of his past students that was getting her PHD in Religious Studies come in. She brought 6 different translations of the same verse of the bible. I forget exactly what passage it was, but depending on the translation it changed how you were supposed to look at your relationship between God and yourself. It ran the course from being "friends" to subservient slave/master ect. And she pointed out that ther are literally hundreds of translations of the bible. So what I took away from that was to be open to everyone's opinions because I can bet you that almost every one of us has things right and things wrong and only once we pass away and learn the truth will it be made clear.

Even in my own household we have differing views! My husband thinks that his life is it- no afterlife. And I believe that we have a loving paradise waiting for us.

Anyway- just thought I would throw that out there. It's a good thing when our friends and loved ones are concerned- that means they care about us. Just remember that if our opinions differ we can always agree to disagree! :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  05:21:32 AM  Show Profile
Tina, you asked, so I am simply giving you the information.

in Leviticus 19:31 God states:
"Do not defile yourselves by turning to mediums or to those who consult the spirits of the dead. I am the LORD your God." and again in Leviticus 20:6 "I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people." The most severe statement is found in Leviticus 20:27 "'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.'"

In I John 4:1 we are told: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but test the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (2) Therefore, know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: (3) And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of the antichrist (Satan), because you have heard that it comes; and even now already is in the world. (4) You are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he (Satan) that is in the world. (5) They are of the world: therefore, that speak as of the world, and the world hears them...Hereby, know the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error."

I have a friend who bought a home that was built in 1906 and of course, the people who sold it to her did not tell her that there were spirits there. When my friend and her family moved in, strange things began happening and one night, my friend woke up, terrified, to someone sitting on her chest and trying to strangle her. She cried out to Jesus and immediately, the attack stopped. Her children would hear their names called and would go downstairs to see what their mom wanted, only to find that she had not called them. The final blow came when a teacher in the community came over to see the house and as they were walking into the kitchen, the teacher gasped and said, "Who was that? Where did she go?!" and pointed under the steps. My friend asked what she was talking about and the teacher told her that a little girl had been crouching under the steps but had disappeared. At that point, my friend and her family had had enough, and began praying as they annointed all of the door posts and windows with oil, dedicating their home to God and His glory. They asked God to make the home His, and the next morning, my friend just knew all of the spirits were gone. There has not been one occurrence since. I am convinced that there is a spirit world beyond us and that there is a battle going on between the angels and demons of that world. It is a world that we, as humans, are to leave to God, focusing on the here and now and what we are doing in obedience to God and His good purpose. That is why I have to agree with Laura and caution all that dabbling in the 'beyond' is a dangerous thing to do.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  06:58:09 AM  Show Profile
Ok I had to reply to this as I am pagan, do not believe in the bible or am religious but I do consider my self spiritual...i do follow what is called the 10 commandments but not because I am told to but because it just makes sense to me to be a good person...as for spirits/ghosts I do believe in them....My first visit was from my Mother who died when I was 11, at the age of 16 I woke up to see her face in front of me...there was no fear just a calming effect for me....I have felt her touch me or kiss my cheek....4 yrs ago we moved to where we are now & we definitely have a small female older woman in the house...I call her grandmama & made the guest room all victorian for her with her own candy dish & fancy tea cup & saucer.........before we were moving in I was painting the living room & she was slamming the upstairs doors, I think she was upset over the copper penny color I was putting on the walls....she will walk down the stairs, you can actually hear her hard soled shoes on the stair boards....While Thomas was in Afghanistan we had a male show up that decided to move boxed around in Thomas game room at night...sometimes he would drop them & the whole house would shake.....my sis who came to visit & help me after surgery heard it going on at night as well. Seems once Thomas came home he left so I think he may have shown himself in a sense to let me know I was not alone...now Grandmama comes & goes...for a while she would steal my pattern pieces while I was sewing & I still haven't found them...I think she didn't mind me sewing in her room she just wanted me to clean up when I was done....I have no fear of any of this once I got used to it & I do believe there is more out there than we realize....I was killed in a car wreck when I was 9 & I think something happened while I was gone that when I was brought back allowed me to feel or hear things that we can not explain, but by dying I was allowed to know things I didn't know before...like ghosts.....Michele'

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  07:41:24 AM  Show Profile
I really don't like to get into debates on this forum about anything especially my beliefs, but if anyone would like some inspirational material on the state of the dead and what the Bible has to say about it feel free to e-mail me and I will send you some very good information. I will say that the Bible is meant to be allowed to explain itself. It is of no private interpretation. There are no true Bibles that contradict each other or that give any different info. There are paraphrases that have been written but they are not fully taken from the original. They will tell you how they were derived, usually on the first page. And the only way to truly understand a subject is to study all the texts one can find on the same subject. Comparing scripture with scripture. That way God's word is not taken out of context. Be careful is all I have to say because satan and his angels are not dummies. They have been around from creation and are the David Copperfields of the spirit world and they know things about us and our ancestors because they are old and they were there. They are most effective when they appear to be benevolent beings. Their deception perhaps being that we already have eternal life so who needs to trust in Jesus and the sacrifice he made. In love to you all.
Laura

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  07:51:52 AM  Show Profile
I will say that I have no problem with a dove as a sign or a dream about a loved one. In fact my deceased mother's birthday was a couple of days ago and one of her daylillies bloomed that day. But I don't see it as her presence. I see it as a sign from God that he has not forgotten her. Her memory is safe in his heart and he will remember her on the day of Resurrection. Her memory lives in my heart too and God sometimes sends little gifts to help me remember her better and to comfort me.
Laura

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Communicating with someone who has crossed over .. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page