Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Communicating with someone who has crossed over ..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Communicating with someone who has crossed over .. Next Topic
Page: of 3

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  10:04:15 AM  Show Profile
I know that in the Bible tho, angels often brought messages, or someone would have a vision in a dream. Many times it comes unbidden which I view as being very different from consulting a medium.
I have had many things happen since I was 10 yrs old. My DH never did until he married me. We have lived in haunted places but never an evil spirit. My parents saw and talked to an angel that helped them and my mother was not a very believing soul.
One night I am already in bed and my DH turns off the light and the whole room lit up with this beautiful white light. There had to be 100 angels in that room. There was 1 dark angel at the head of my bed on the left. I asked what I always ask "Here I am, God. What do You need to tell me?" nobody said anything. They all just were gone then and left me with such a feeling of amazement and peace. My Dh never saw a thing but he knows I saw it.
My Dad stopped talking 2 days before he died. At the very end of his life, he looked at the ceiling and said "Oh hi, hon", and then he took his last breath. I didn't need proof, but if I did it was right there. My parents were together for over 50 years. He was clearly not talking to me-my mother had just come into the room to take him home. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Edited by - Joey on Jul 16 2012 10:08:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  10:28:37 AM  Show Profile
evil spirits are people who were evil in life, they do not become "GOOD" when they die, also all spirits are not angels, angels were never human...I am not a "medium", and have no problem saying most who brag about having the "gift" , do not, and these people are those that make those of us that are mediums (for lack of a better word) look like kooks...I am very sesitive to spirits, and places where people have died and do not yet realize they are dead (which sometimes is many years), I went on a tour of the Queen Mary in Long Beach Cal many years ago, could not stay on the ship, there are alot of spirits there that refuse to cross over, and the noise is overwhelming, cause they all want to talk at once...I will speak with who wants help, a message to some, an understanding to what happened to them, and that sometimes takes major research. I have my G/ma visit with me all the time, along with many before her to give advice and tell me that someone said thank you, I love these times, and I haved learned so much from them, and wpould never want them to leave me...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  12:34:23 PM  Show Profile
Again, if they come to you and give you a peaceful feeling how could it possibly be evil!!! I agree 100% with Alee, everyone interputs the bible differently and there are many translations to go from so to each his own.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:13:32 PM  Show Profile
From my study and firsthand experience, I have found there to be two sources of "stuff" beyond human understanding- darkness and light/good and evil/ or the forces of Heaven and the Forces of Hell as I know them.

Spirits or immortal souls or beings operate on a plane different from our own-- imagine you're watching a parade. If you're on the street all you can see is what's in front of you and very little around it. But; someone watching the parade from the top of a building, or a helicopter can see more of the parade at once.

When "things happen", you need to take careful consideration of what the source might be; and to determine that, you need to look at what the end goal of the "contact" is.
Light has historically worked through miracles, angelic messengers, visions, etc.

Evil has historically had it in for humanity, step one in their MO is to separate us from what is good and isolate us from help, then they tear us down. There are countless ways they act-- I've seen them stir up curiosity by appearing as ghosts of children or people from the past, gain an "invitation"-- then destroy a family with terror, physical harm, and influencing behavior-- men who once adored their wives talk about hurting them or their children to "get even with her" for nothing. Pride is a very popular modus operandi.

I've seen people play with witchcraft, get addicted to the "power" and after a while, it's like something else takes over their lives. They feel something stalking them, they feel hopeless and isolated. New "protection spells or rituals" not only fail to work, they intensify the attacks.

Having lived through some of this "hell", we've learned to shun this stuff. We appeal directly to the creator and not even all the powers of the netherworld can stand against that. Fighting that fight is the wellspring that my entire faith springs from, and my very literal and "proof" oriented mind can never go against it again.

I don't trust anyone who makes money as a medium or psychic. (How does making someone rich by telling women their boyfriends are cheating, or a past life reading line up with the kinds of concerns of heaven?)

It seems like different people have different types of gifts, if they have them at all. DH sees stuff in great clarity that other people don't, I sense feelings very strongly and have sensed good and bad spirits. I seem to have the ability of discernment as well, but I'm not sure if it's because I was raised exposed to Godly stuff at a young age to recognize it, or if it's just something that is permitted to appear to me.

Anyway, ghosts of dead people/relatives etc. I don't have experience with. My experiences are a little more intense and sobering than "ooo, goose bumps, creepy!" variety.

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:52:20 PM  Show Profile
When I was 12 my aunt passed away. She and I werevery close. I was devestated. In my room at night when I was alone and crying I felt a warm touch on my shoulder and my name was said. This was not my parents or any other family member. Because my room was lite up in a heavenly kind of way and the voice was kind and gentle. The voice said that my aunt was with us and she'd be taken care of.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart

http://www.etsy.com/people/lauriescott60
Aprons and More by Laurie
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  3:26:57 PM  Show Profile
Hmm...the thing I've gained from reading the Bible is "test the spirits". I know someone who had an "angel" appear to him and tell him he was Jesus. So this poor guy spent most of his life thinking he was Jesus and there were secret agents out to get him. I know another guy who believes he is an angel, that his whole family are angels. I think these people are badly deceived. I've had good and bad spiritual experiences and I find it helps to learn about the spirit world so you can discern the good from the evil. That, and cultivate positive energy. I don't believe in passing judgement on other people's experiences, as I've seen what happens when someone is duped by an unclean spirit. They suffer, and sometimes they learn from it and sometimes they don't. So I guess my advice is be careful. Protect yourself. Don't be too curious.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  06:28:39 AM  Show Profile
I really think it's a very personal choice on what we think about paranormal visits & encounters we have experienced and one has to trust their own intuition on this.
I know what I have experienced isn't negative as far as relatives who have passed on & the experiences run in the family. I also know and have heard of those who have dealt with less positive hauntings in houses and so forth. For the most part,I think those in the realms of the dearly departed are very much like the living. You have your loving helpful ones,ones who are confused or lost,and some are just downright negative and mean. I watch "celebrity ghost stories" a lot on Bio channel & you really get a wide variety of encounters. It's amazing how many spirits don't seem to have realised they've passed on and I think that's one reason for haunted houses.

http://www.mandolinbabe.biz

http://www.fiddlebelle.com
http://www.banjobelle.biz
http://www.celticcowgirl.me

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,banjo pickin, & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  08:13:25 AM  Show Profile
Well, this has taken on a tone that wasn't my intention. Sorry to have upset so many. I was interested in hearing the good stories, which is what most farmgirls chose to share. Personally, I take comfort in these stories and I think most of the gals that shared them do too. Thanks for everyone's input. Why don't we move on?

How's everyone's kids doing?

Mine is struggling in this economy, but healthy. So, we are thankful for that.

Marianne

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  09:32:00 AM  Show Profile
I, too, thought it would be about sharing experiences, not individual beliefs. We live in a free country and have the right to our own beliefs, whatever they might be. MJF does not allow threads on religion or politics, for good reason.
Good luck and blessings to all of you.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:25:45 AM  Show Profile
Personally, I think it is sad that we can't just have a positive discussion. We all have so much to share. I am always interested in even politics and religion but I clearly understand why those subjects would not be welcome. Anyone who would still like to talk positive angel/spirits stories, please e-mail me. Thanks, Joey

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:35:01 AM  Show Profile
I didn't think anyone had a "tone." I thought everyone was pretty respectful and was just sharing their beliefs and knowledge in a kind-hearted manner. And no offense, but when you start talking about spirits, apparitions, people who crossed, or which ever you prefer to call it, for many it has a lot to do with religion. I saw that coming just from the title of the thread. Either way....I've seen heated discussions on religion and this was by far was not one of them. I have mixed feelings about this whole topic so it was interesting to see what everyone had to say and hear peoples' experiences.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:38:51 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, I haven't read the whole post but, after having up close and personal experiences, I do think there is another level. Even in my current home, something happened just yesterday. I'm not particularly religous, but, even if I were, what has happened to me, I believe it is 'real'. I'll read the whole post later today.

My website:

http://twohorseswalkingdesigns.com

http://antlersantiqueswindchimes.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:55:57 AM  Show Profile
I am a Christian...I think this is very interesting to me and I love learning what others have to share. Seems very intrigueing to me and would enjoy hearing more!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  3:22:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Lori. I'm a Christian, too! I was re-reading all the posts on this thread, I find most of them intriguing. It's comforting for me to know, I'm not the only person who experiences this.
I am not a medium, I don't read cards, I don't use the Quigue board (I don't even know how to spell it), but I know what I see, I know that it doesn't scare me. And- I don't call people to discuss thing. It's a private part of my life, and has been so for a long time. Joey: Minutes before my mother died, she looked up and called out her mothers name. She smiled, looked at me, and said, "My mom came to get me." I walked out the room for a second, and the nurse came out to tell us she was gone. I felt wonderful knowing that my mom was in good hands, both with the Lord and her mother.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  5:15:48 PM  Show Profile
Please lets keep this discussion going but on our experiences not our religious beliefs. It's fascinating whether you believe it or not and like I have always thought....if you don't like the subject don't open it up and read it, personally I stay away from the subjects that I know that I won't agree with.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  5:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My dog Seanee and I used to play a chase game down the hallway at my mom's house. The week I got married, we had to put her to sleep. The next morning I was walking down that hallway and I suddenly had this urge to run down the hallway the same way I did when Seanee and I played chase (It was a special type of body language so she wouldn't chase me all the time if I had to run for another reason). Anway I got to the end of the hallway and whirled around like I was going to catch her in my arms for a big hug. Then for a second I felt completely silly- I mean I had held her while she died the night before... I knew she was gone. But then I swear I felt her fur brush me and a feeling of love and happiness. I am convinced that she was there for me in that moment telling me how much she loved me.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  5:33:36 PM  Show Profile
I'm a Christian, too! I'm just me, not a medium or physic or any of that. Just plane old me and I beleive in what I have seen good spirits/angels and never a bad one. This thread is interesting for the most part. I enjoy reading what experiences the other girls have encoutered.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart

http://www.etsy.com/people/lauriescott60
Aprons and More by Laurie
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  5:36:15 PM  Show Profile
Alee, what a beautiful memory of your dog Seanee. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  8:44:38 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to keep this going too. It's an interesting topic. I'm a Christian too but as I said, some things come unbidden. It seems that many people have had experiences and want to talk. Who knew?
Alee, what a wonderful memory of your dog. What a cool name too.
When I was 10 I dreamed a few things that came true, like I dreamed about a horse and I told my parents. The next day the horse came in as a long shot at the racetrack. (my family did not follow the race results.) Also, I dreamed that a friend was going to give me a big bunch of comic books. I didn't know who but later that week, a neighbor who was going away to college gave me all his comic books. As a kid, it was really cool and I never dreamed anything bad. More things have happened to me but that's enough for now. Joey

Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, sorry to bring the tone down with my post girls, my experiences have just been really really on the negative side and I try not to dwell on this stuff. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate a chilling ghost story! (As long as it's a story.. it's not so fun when it happens to you.)

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  06:11:37 AM  Show Profile
I had a loving cat die suddenly, I buried him myself, the next morning I felt him walking on the bed. I have seen the face of a boyfriend who died when I was sixteen, I have seen my mother-in-law standing in my bedroom after she died, I have seen a friends mother in her home as clear as day, two years after she passed, and I had never met her. I am just a regular gal who loves God, and I know what I saw and felt was real.
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  08:30:36 AM  Show Profile
Jen, I'm sorry for all your negative experiences. I have asked my personal guardian angel (her name is Helene) to "flutter" near you for a day or two and hopefully bring you a positive spirit of peace. Does anyone else feel that they have a guardian angel or an angel they "know" on a personal level? Again, Helene just came to me. I don't even like the name Helene but that's who she is. She has blond hair, is tall and has very big wings tinged with pink and purple feathers. We struggle with each other sometimes but she is always patient with me and cares deeply for my welfare. She leaves me little pink and purple feathers in places they shouldn't be. Joey

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  09:01:49 AM  Show Profile
I am christian too. I can't say that I was "good" throughout my walk with the Lord as I did have some cards read a few times, etc. Frankly, I don't believe in dealing with mediums at all anymore. Even the King that was after David in the OT was decieved by an evil spirit (see Samuel 1 and 2). However, when my great grandmother died, she did come to me in a dream. She was smiling and waving. Also, around the same time, I was working at a harness racing track with the state vet when one of the harness horse drivers drowned on a race day. It was hot and he took his gf and her kids to the Saco River in an area they call the rips prior to going the the track. The kids got stranded in the middle of the river. He drowned trying to save them. That night, he came to me in a dream too. It's not like I really knew who he was or anything. He just did. He too was smiling and waving. Now, when my mom's and dad's parents died, that didn't happen at all. So I don't know what it all means, or if it means anything at all.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  3:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Lorie, Maybe your parents were too busy holding hands to wave at you. Joey

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  8:29:26 PM  Show Profile
I believe I mispoke regarding the forum rules. When I first joined last year, I was sure it said no discussion of religion or politics. Tonight I looked it up again and it says use caution discussing such hot topics as religion and politics. Then I see two threads, one on witches/pagans and right below a christian bible study group. I stand corrected. So I guess it is anything goes, just as long as you are nice and respectful about it. Sounds fair to me.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Communicating with someone who has crossed over .. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page