Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 must...resist...the urge...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic must...resist...the urge... Next Topic  

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  12:25:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh ladies. The weather is feeling fallish today. It's cloudy with a very cool breeze. I told my family I would not be picking up my crochet hooks until the harvesting work of the farm was done...But...oh gosh, ladies. It really feels like I should be curled up with some apple cider and my crocheting bag.

Must. Resist. The urge. I know that once I start I won't be able to stop until farm babies arrive in the spring. Must. Resist.....

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

www.amydingmann.com

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  2:51:19 PM  Show Profile
Wish I could encourage you to resist, but I say...Go For It! HA

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  3:12:37 PM  Show Profile
You are NOT helping, Shanda!! And now baseball got canceled for the boys...so I have a whole night to just...oh, I don't know..... ;)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  4:15:07 PM  Show Profile
I am jealous of your weather. It is still really hot here and I am so very ready for Fall. I say pick them up. go for it....
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  4:41:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm crocheting every free minute, which isn't too many of them. You'll have to crochet a few of your free minutes for me! ;)
hugs
jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  5:59:51 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm, kind of fallish here too. Its a tough one, but how about exploring a new hobby tonight? or maybe just organizing your stash ready for picking up the hooks in the fall.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  6:18:10 PM  Show Profile
Wow Thats so funny y'all think it feels like fall . I live in central Florida. After dinner tonight we sat on our front porch. It was cloudy and stormy in the distant and there was a cool breeze blowing . I was thinking to my self that it felt a little like fall . It made me want to make a loaf of pumpkin bread.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  6:26:57 PM  Show Profile
Mmmmm. Pumpkin bread! It sure did feel like fall today. Been in the 90s and today was only in the 60s, with a breeze! The weather guessers said by next week we will be wearing coats. I hope the weather holds out for our watermelon. **Still have not picked up crochet hooks....

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  6:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I think it was 100 here today. No fall in sight. Sigh.

I tried to sit outside this evening and work on my Nephew's first baby's blanket. But it is still too hot and sticky.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  7:13:07 PM  Show Profile
It is feeling a little fallish here to me. I am noticing it more in the mornings. And tonight I saw some leaves falling in a little breeze. I can't say I am looking forward to winter yet, but fall sounds mighty nice right about now. And I want to start on some knitting. Also some spinning. But right now there are still gardens to plant and veggies to harvest. But you go right on ahead and jump in, Amy. There's always time for things you enjoy, right?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  7:24:36 PM  Show Profile
I am ready for fall, and I am ready to have down time to get my crochet hook and yarn out. During the NFL football games I love to crochet.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  09:29:33 AM  Show Profile
How lucky you are!! Here in Florida , it is so hot and humid every day! We don't really get tallish type weather until November. So, if you want to crochet, I say go for it. Enjoy those feelings of fall for the rest of us who have a few months of summer ahead!

Winnie#3109
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  10:55:50 AM  Show Profile
I looooove fall! It can't last long enough for me! Today is overcast and cool. I love sun, but I also love days like this.

As for the crocheting......I'm like Shanda....go for it!! It will warm up soon enough and that will put you back into the harvesting mood!

Emily

Edited by - Emily Anna on Aug 09 2012 10:56:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  10:58:15 AM  Show Profile
I think we all must be ready--I was diving into my favorite cookbook last night, Pioneer Home Cooking by Judith Fertig, and picking out all kinds of black walnut desserts to make with the nuts my huge walnut tree drops in the back yard. Have to get to them before the squirrels!

We're going to the Outer Banks mid September, and I plan on taking knitting with me, to get started on some winter hats!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  11:51:17 AM  Show Profile
The heck with resisting. I started holiday presents! Hey, they have to get done, right?

It's rainy and cool here today, and I would SO rather be curled up crocheting than putting in back-to-school orders at work. Plus, my annual Status migrainosus is due in six days. Mid-August = week of pain.

I am ready for fall too. It's my favorite season, and then we really start counting to Yule (my favorite holiday)! I have been idea-hunting on Pinterest and crochet sites. The problem is, I keep finding ways to decorate a house I don't have yet!

Can we please be done with the heat and humidity for this year?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic must...resist...the urge... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page