rschaaf
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Renee
Wooster Ohio
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  06:08:40 AM  Show Profile
i just subscribed to pinterest, and honestly i am not quite sure how its all supposed to work. i guess i was thinking there would actually be recipes when i looked up chocolate cupcakes or pictures of how to makes things. am i missing something?

"There is beauty, there is grace, in my peaceful country place!"

See what I'm up to at: http://www.lifeonctfarm.blogspot.com

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  07:33:27 AM  Show Profile
Some have a directions some don't. Click on the picture it will take you to another picture same just bigger click on it and it will if available take you to the directions. To repin just click on repin and it will take you to your boards and you can pin it where ever you want on your board.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  08:31:40 AM  Show Profile
if you do a search of say cupcakes, it will bring up a page of photos of cupcake. then you click on the one you think you want and that will take you to the bigger photo that someone else has "pinned" but if you look at the top right hand corner of the photo that is the link where you will find that cupcake recipe. It is very easy to do really. I however do not do a "repin" I always go directly to the site and "pin" from there. Good Luck and try not to get addicted to it.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com

Edited by - kysheeplady on Aug 24 2012 09:56:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  4:29:40 PM  Show Profile
"Try not to get addicted". Yah. Right. :)

I think Teri explained it well - just post if you have more questions! I just joined about a week ago and I can't believe all the recipes I've found!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  05:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, I am so addicted to Pinterest. It is my first cup of coffee in the morning. I always have time for pinterest.
Go to Top of Page

Homestead Dreams
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Carrie
Stephens City VA
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  12:22:36 PM  Show Profile
I too signed up and then was a little clueless as to exactly what to do from there (especially since you have to be put on a "waiting list" to get invited in, lol). I finally got accepted and then was like "um, now what?". I still don't know to this day exactly what you're supposed to do, but this is how I use it--for instance I homeschool my kids and often will find different sites or whatever throughout the internet on topics we're studying--I take a picture from each site and pin it to that topic board so then when I need them I can go to that board and all my websites, activities, or whatever are right there in one place. I click on the picture (used like a button) to take me back to that webpage. It keeps me from having to junk up my "Favorites" Bar on my computer... ??? You can make a board for literally *anything* in a similiar manner. Does that sound about right to the pinterest aficionados?

http://spiritualhomesteading.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #3028
Go to Top of Page

aurelie
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

aurelie
vermilion ohio
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  09:47:45 AM  Show Profile

getting addicted to pinterest???? I guess that means me. It is a great time waster as you can find just about anything on there. Sometimes just things to make me laugh.I have numerous free sewing projects as well as recycle project. The above post was correct though...click on the the thing you are interested in...when it comes up click on it again and the rest of the article comes up. then you can repin...like a bullitin board...on the designated area. you can even create your own area and name it what you whan. Good pinning...it is my "book in the bed at night" By the way. I set my oven timer if I use it during the day and only give it the time I can spare.
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  8:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Pinterest addict here too. I have 104 boards now and over 2500 followers. It takes a bit of snooping around to figure out that you can create your own board for your various interests. Name them whatever you like and that way you can save or "pin" things you find to each of your boards. Feel free to follow me if you're new especially as I think it will give you a clue about making boards and should be something in my boards that will interest you. Leave me a note here that you're following and I'll make sure and follow you too :)
Cheryl

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://pinterest.com/ctapestry/

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1254 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1254 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  07:44:28 AM  Show Profile
I love the comment "Try not to get addicted". I didn't receive such a warning when I signed up and I am definately addicted. I can find an opportunity to pin anytime. I have the app on my phone and waiting rooms have never been so fun! lol

Good luck with pinning, I was a little confused at first too, but you will get the hang of it and the advice posted above looks great! :)

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are a little cracked.
Go to Top of Page

Madinet85
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Elizabeth
Indiana
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2014 :  10:11:57 AM  Show Profile
I like to think of Pinterest as a visual bookmarking system. I use it less to look up things, and more to save things I find on the internet. When I find for example a recipe I like and want to save for later, I pin it to my recipe board, that way its all nice and organized.

Farmgirl Sister #4915
Go to Top of Page

Rachael
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Rachael
Smithfield Utah
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  8:54:18 PM  Show Profile
I am totally obsessed with Pinterest! It is awesome! Good luck not getting addicted. ONce you start using it, you will catch on fast!

http://www.pinterest.com/rachaellynn11/

Rachael #1451
Winter Hollow Farm

Let your smile change the world. Don’t let the world change your smile.
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic pinterest newbie Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page