Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 NY information & new address
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic NY information & new address Next Topic  

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  08:09:08 AM  Show Profile
Ok the count down has started & with it a huge chest cold that Thomas decided to share with me when he came home so been running 100.4 to 101.2 temp last few days with a burning chest. Makes it hard to get anything done that I need to do.
I am leaving here the Sept 28th which is just about a week away & still have tons of things to get in bins, mix up 200 lbs plus of the chickens winter feed so I am not lugging 50 lb bags with me & trying to do it on my own.....
Also have 2 sick hens in the house plus the baby chick Bowzer rejected so its the normal mad house here...thank goodness the mobile home has a small laundry room type room I can set up a chicken ER in, cause I will be needing it as soon as I get there......
Still don't have a clue to what Mr. Grumpy will be doing or if he is leaving the main house but found out the entire time he has been there he has never paid his rent so Mary & hubby are going after the cows as payment....

I can't milk all those cows nor do I have any idea how to run the machinery...I have no idea if they will sell them all or what right now but do know I can at least watch over them & do the general tending to them......If they do decide to sell off the cows if they claim them I am hoping I can get Mary to keep at least 1 for me to hand milk daily for mine & the chickens needs...hand milking I can do.

Today is a beautiful sunny day & though feel like a bus hit me hope to get a few more things done...Thomas has a bunch of large plastic trunks they had while in Iraq & afghanistan that have been slightly damaged that I can use for packing things in so I don't have tons of small boxes to take with me, plus these will work great for protecting firewood, extra feeds, food storage & so on while I am there....plus I plan to use one for all my crafts/sewing stuff so its in one place & will make a good coffee table once covered with a table cloth...lol...

Even though it will be a week before I go I am worried I will get so busy I forget to give my address out to you all so here it is for you if you want to write me....

Michele' Preston
143 Napper Road
Westport, NY 12993

Anyone who writes I will write back & enjoy hearing from any of you as I will miss being here....Of all the things I have to give up this site has proven to be the toughest as I have grown close to so many of you......But its also only a year I will be off line so I will hopefully be back by the beginning of next Oct.

Also I am asking Grace & Debbie to keep you all informed of how I am since I so love these two hens & know they will tell you all the silly/crazy things I am up to.

If you want to send me your address now before I go just email me at:
theoldbatzfarm@gmail.com
I have my address book so can write it down & I can stay in touch with you.

Again thank you all dear hens for your farmgirl love, kindness & support as I go thur this.......With hen hugs & love....Michele'

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  09:50:17 AM  Show Profile
Michele
I was getting you a package ready to mail today.....but now I will just take a day or two and then mail to your new home. I sure hope you feel better soon. Sounds so crazy in your life right now, I too just nursed a hen back to health. I will write to you and you can write back as you have time.

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  09:54:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the address. I have a feeling you'll be getting tons of mail from all of us who are emotionally invested in your adventure.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  07:26:18 AM  Show Profile
Ok I will send your "package" to your new address in a couple of days. Please let me know if there are delays or if you decide not to go Sweetie.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  4:37:26 PM  Show Profile
thank you Laura....that will be a wonderful thing to get in the mail...I am sure I will love anything you send....you all are just so kind...can't imagine my life without you all....hen hugs & love....Michele'

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic NY information & new address Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page