doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  6:15:31 PM  Show Profile
Jan we are here for you. You'd think at a funeral the family would feel closer and not act like that. Maybe it would help if you knew what they are all upset about. It could just be a misunderstanding somewhere down the line. My sister's husband doesn't like any of us but I know it's because she has told so many lies to cover up her own bad behavior. She thinks if she can keep him distant he is less likely to hear her history from any of us. I would nt tell on her anyway but my mom and older brother have threatened to.

Holly, if my math is right you are dealing with four sons in the house? That would give the strongest person the "wait a minute, I didn't sign up for this s****" feeling once in a while. I'm hoping T will be ok now, that he was just going through a phase. It's smart to keep them really busy. I did that with my two, because they grew up during the time when drugs seemed to have taken over the world. I'm thankful neither of them smoke or drink or "use".

We were going to the farm this weekend but b is feeling sick so we may just do nothing. I am OCD about washing my hands but he rarely washes after dance lessons and I know every germ in town is passed around there. I try to remember the hand sanitizer every time we leave the class.

Bunny when do you leave? I'll bet you are getting excited. What does your DS do next after he's finished boot camp?

Marlyn and Marie, are you still cold, or beginning to thaw out?

GG
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  7:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I went out to lunch with Annette today. I took her to my favorite Vietnamese restaurant which is right in the neighborhood. I wanted pho. She found a dish she really liked and I got her flan which she had never had. She's always really impressed with the restaurants I pick out. Annette works so hard and never has any money for herself. I do not mind treated her well.

Marlyn - I love your bonnets and I still want one for myself.

Mel - I like your shop.

Gypsy - The Scream Queen (chocolate with bacon) is a lot decadent. I have them only occasionally. I am diabetic after all. We are beginning to thaw out but there is still snow everywhere which is now turning into water everywhere.

Bunny - I saw a lady on Etsy who makes jean skirts in her designs for a person's unique measurements. It's a pick in this month's Mary Jane magazine. I was out of the house all day yesterday. Sorry about not receiving the package. I didn't get a UPS note on the door. Hmmmm . . . Regular mail is best for me. I'll receive it eventually.

Jan - Lowell and I were quite surprised when we realised that his father had never liked or accepted me. He has a history of blaming Lowell's flaws on his closest associates. In the 1970's, Lowell was a political activist. He hickhiked around the country going to political conventions and gatherings. He went to the first Rainbow Gathering in 1072. His father blamed Lowell's best friend Greg for getting him into this political activity when it was Lowell who got Greg into it. Now he's blaming me for Lowell's financial troubles when Lowell makes his own problems. I sympathize with you. I like the old guy but I think that I cannot go back to visit.

I went to my therapist yesterday and told her that I need a plan for surviving Lowell's retirement at the end of this year. She is pleased that I have already started to set up boundaries. You ladies have helped me with that. She said that it will be a big change for both of us. She encouraged me to keep my own schedule of what I want to do and if he comes along, fine; if he doesn't, fine also. I can't let his negativity and phobias determine my choices.

Tomorrow is Friday!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Mar 20 2014 8:01:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  8:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Jan, I am so sorry that the family's behavior was so hurtful. I hope you can shake some of the hurt off. Sometimes it feels like it's you and dh against the world, right? I hope you have a wonderful day at work tomorrow.

Holly, physical exhaustion is a great motivator to keep kids in line. I hope T makes it through the season and can really show his stuff on the field. My girl, K, knocked out a funktified park job? Eesh. Car repairs aren't fun. Sounds like it was very low speed and no injuries.

Bunny, I like your custom sewing idea. Good luck with it. I think it will be a big hit. Who wouldn't want to "design" their own without having to do the work? I don't think there should be a big difference in price between what you have in your store and what you would have to charge for the garment you deliver from what someone sends you...just sayin'

The horses have been so feisty lately. Spring. The Neighbor's horse is due any day now, I guess. I would kind of like to miss that entire event because I don't completely trust that she won't need something from us when the horse foals.

We are very discouraged about the house search. Just three weeks until closing... Other people's homes can be disgusting.

mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  10:48:38 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I sent it via the post service not UPS. I sure hope you get it.

Jan, it is so sad that your family had to be so rude at a funeral. At least you don't have to deal with them very often. Sometimes we just have to make our own family. I hope you feel better soon. Don't let them get you too down.

Mar, I sure hope you have a plan B if you can't find a house. And yes, people's houses are terrible. I have only sold 3 houses. Two of them sold the day they went on the market because I made them look so good. The third was my log house I lost. I wasn't in any mood to make it look nice after what the mortgage company out me through.

Maybe you need a long house hunting trip so you won't be around for the neighbors' foaling. I'm sure if you are around there will be drama to deal with.

I hope my idea works. I'm just not getting the sales I need. I was hoping to be doing much better by now.

Gypsy, I hope B feels better soon. A rest in the country sounds like a good idea. You can work on your craft room.

I got one dress done today and a top pinned up. I'm working on another design for summer. I'm afraid I'm coping another sellers design but I'm trying to find ways to make it look unique to my style. I got tired so my creativity stopped.

Holly, I hope you had fun with your shopping trip. That's a lot of birthdays all together.

Night all....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  05:00:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

Just popped on to send a note to the school to tell them that dsT is barfing his guts out and will not be in school today.

I also wanted to wish Marie HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

I all of you have many moments of joy today.

hugs

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  05:47:41 AM  Show Profile
hello gals! just poppin' in ...janet, i am so sorry about the families. I do understand how you feel, my sweet dh's family never acklowdged me so after a few years, i just quit going to "family" meetings. am praying for you and bob, it is not easy to grieve and harder without family to share with.
bunny, i am sooooo excited! cannot wait to see the cuffs!
will be meeting my sister and her husband in dalls tomorrow and picking up the two deer he shot and processed for me...yum yum. am also meeting nephew (her son) he sent her the saddest little email yesterday in it he states that when he saves up enough money he is moving to portland oregon and then "you, dad, greg (brother died in 2007) and me will be farther apart permently and what is our family fully splintered apart". sigh
oops got to go to work! still trying to get this new system to work correctly. everytime we get one part working another part falls down...
hugs and love to all
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  12:51:32 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday Marie. I did not know it was your birthday.

We are staying in town this weekend. B still isn't feeling well and today I've got it too. Must be going around. We went out for breakfast and came back and are just resting. We have no energy and headaches and queazy but no barfing yet.

There are no good movies out so we signed up with Netflix to watch some old movies that we liked. We have the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel now and next will be The Dead Poets Society.

Mar, I hope the house hunting will finally be over soon. Sounds like it is taking its toll. I always wondered why my house had to be so perfect to sell while everything I looked at to buy was trash. If I ever buy again it will be brand new.

GG
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  5:36:53 PM  Show Profile
gypsy, I have had six brand new homes. It isn't all that much fun, either. You think, "oh it will be so clean..." but the construction guys make a huge mess and have been using "anything" that has been working... I remember pulling out the drawers in a bathroom somewhere in the US and finding someone's trash from their lunch. It had been thrown on the floor and then the bathroom cabinets were set in place... Once I walked around the corner of our house (WI) with the builder to find a wet spot on the brickwork of the chimney at a very suspicious height. So I said, with baby on my hip, "Which one of you a70n#0*7s just P$*#^ed on my chimney?" The builder assured me I was crazy. Anyway... I am very discouraged with the house search. After so many new homes and having to live through the leaks and the gas dryer being vented into the basement and getting a driveway for our anniversary or gutters and planting tree after tree but never seeing the shade they cast, we decided to purchase someone else's problems!

Marie, I sure hope you have had a lovely birthday. I am so sorry that I didn't take note of it, as Holly did when you mentioned it what now seems like eons ago! Please let us all know how you were celebrated!

Gypsy, have you seen The Family Stone with Diane Keaton? wonderful movie. good for when you are under the weather. Hope you kick it quickly.

Holly, I hope this doesn't start another round of Boo boo Tummy. Is T the last of the troops?

Janie, nice to hear from you!

Bunny, you know your creativity will wax and wane. You will be back knocking out winners in a minute!

I was trying to watch my alma mater, Cal Poly, in the NCAA tournament. But, as dh says, they have never been known as a sports powerhouse (for good reason) and are having their behinds handed to them by Wichita State. I guess our hometown team - Gonzaga - is still doing well. I think I will switch to something else.

Today, dh looked at a home that had a "grow room" that was securely locked. The realtor said, "There is a room here that is locked and I don't know why." Dh said, "you can't smell that?" Let's face it, it is an identifiable odor. It is legal here to have it, but not to grow...yet. These people are being rather foolish having people in their home with what you can only imagine is going to be an illegal amount of it. so many think they are above the law, but being blatant is dumb.

So, a big storm is heading towards the east coast for the beginning of next week. Eesh. Welcome, Spring!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  6:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had a gorgeous sunny day after the final part of the 6" to 8" fell. The temperatures seemed warm and the eaves were dripping. March is the snowiest month of the year. We like it to snow as the temperatures are warming up because it melts and has a chance to sink in and fill up the ground water. If it rains and the ground is frozen then it all runs down to the ocean, oh, so far away. The difference this year is the below normal temperatures. Roger, who lives in our town and is a weather guesser, says that the highs predicted are the average temperatures for this month.

DsT is still alive and still feeling sick. He asked to sleep on the couch because if he sleeps on his bed he will sleep on his stomach and that makes him feel bad. So, he is watching, maybe with his eyes closed some basketball game. There are three of us who have not barfed. DsJ came down this morning and said, "Why did I wake up at 3 this morning and throw up?" I said you must have what the rest of the family has been dealing with. I thought, what is your man den so sound proof you have not heard everyone else barfing? Are you that much in your own world? Sometimes it is not good to say outloud that which I think.

We used to love watching the horses race through the snow and kick up their heels. It was so beautiful. I would guess the horse will foal when the Neighbor is not home. I had a friend who sat with her horse for hours waiting for her to foal. She went into the house to pee and get a cup of coffee. When she arrived back in the barn there was the foal. She was so sad.

Being blatant about your grow room is dumb. But, did dh like the house? Every fall there is a helicopter that flies over looking for suspicious fields. I wave. When they see one they send out a ground patrol. There was one in our town last year on Grampy's land. Grampy had died a few months before and they asked his grandson if they were his plants. He asked if they had followed the worn path away from the crops to his house? The worn path did not go to his house. We all laughed. The owner of the plants was not happy when they were found but she did not fess up either.

Sorry the B and you are not feeling well. No, tongues now while you are sick. lol I hope this passes quickly.

Purses? Bunny. I bet you can make some nice ones to go with your outfits.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  8:54:01 PM  Show Profile
Holly, If they are both sick what's the reason to abstain from tongues? Do you just keep passing it back and forth? I remember having to tell our teenage son that he needed to live life at a higher level of consciousness. He wouldn't have noticed family members being sick either. One day, I had what seems to be making the rounds in your house and he came home from school, knelt next to me at the toilet and asked me to sign a permission slip. I told him I would when I finished vomiting. He said, "ok." I don't think he noticed anything was amiss. He is not a social puker, obviously. That was the last time I had company while heaving.

My dad often found illegal grows when he was harvesting corn. He had some green alcohol that he would rub on his sore muscles. He swore by his special liniment. His friend/worker Alfredo would make it up for him. Guess my dad was a druggie. Hee hee. Seems harmless to me. And he said it helped his arthritis. Good for him. I remember saying, "what's the green stuff in the medicine cabinet?" It really turned the rubbing alcohol a deep green, but didn't smell.

That's the end of my strange stories for tonight.
mar

Oh, no, dh didn't like the house. And they had a cat and he had to take a benadryl after the tour.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  9:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

On Tuesday, the 2nd graders have their end of unit presentation. The unit was on Folk and Faery Tales, Legends and Proquois (French for why). They have written, illustrated and published their own story books, colored some paper to represent Kente cloth and are giving a readers' theatre performance of Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain. It isn't my day to show up but I will be there for it.

I had an insulin reaction tonight. I was busy all afternoon washing dishes, putting away the few Christmas things left sitting out and reading the coop's newsletter online when, at about 3:30, I became extremely tired. I was going to just lay down for 30 minutes and get back up to finish. At 5:00 the phone rang and it was Lowell calling to tell me he would be coming home soon. After I hung up, I went back to the couch to lie down. Mitzi was nearby so I had her come up with me. Lowell came home and said he thought it would be a good idea to go grocery shopping tonight. I would have to pay because he hasn't gotten his cards yet when he lost his wallet. I was trying to talk to him but I must have been quite incoherent because he started yelling at me to check my blood sugar. I just went back to sleep. I am so sick of him yelling at me when I have a low blood sugar. He called the EMTs. I understood why they were there. My blood sugar was 25 which is really dangerously low. While they were taking care of me and after Lowell gave them my background information, he went to play chess and basically ignored the situation. They asked me if there was something I could eat. I looked at Lowell at the computer and saw that he seemed to not be paying attention. I told him to get me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The three EMTs kind of looked at each other (normally there are only 2; the extra one was a student in training). After they left, Lowell gave me a lecture on how to handle my illness. This is a guy who refuses to accompany me to my doctor appointments. My situation is very difficult. I have to constantly have my medications adjusted and activity as easy as walking around and standing up can cause a significant chemical change. He doesn't realise that I don't always know that this is happening to me. Sometimes the chemical changes affect my perception of events and I will even deny that it is happening. I understand how frightening it is to watch this happen and, at some point, I become no longer responsible for what I do. I just want him to try to understand all this better but he refuses to.

Bunny - Send me the tracking number for the package if you still have it. This kind of thing has happened to me before with a package. The carrier lost a package containing a hand made dish cloth. It is totally lost. I will be going to the Post Office tomorrow and I want this in hand so I can be on top of it. I didn't mean for you to copy someone else's style. I meant that others are taking/asking for measurements and Etsy and custom-making the garments. I know this can be a good marketing strategy for selling your clothes.

Gypsy - I got the Roku for Lowell as soon as it came out. He had cable when I met him but I was always coming in on the end of a movie then waiting for it to start up again to see the beginning. The same movies would play on a continuous loop and I just did not want to see them AGAIN. Also, some of the movies were just so bad that they hurt my eyes to watch them. With the Roku, we could stream the movie we wanted and watch it when we wanted. We got rid of cable and I and (sometimes) Lowell have been happy users ever since. I like to watch the series shows. I can highly recommend House of Cards. It can only be viewed on Netflix and it is sooooooo worth it. My computer spontaneously posted the message before I was done and I didn't ask it to. I wonder sometimes if I really am in control. (no you are not i am) Hush you nasty laptop.

Marianne - Don't worry aboout not acknoledging my birthday. I never let anyone know until the last minute. My birthday never seemed very important to anybody. My parents used to pretend it wasn't my birthday. I guess they meant to be funny but it just made me sad. Lowell really does not want to be bothered with it. One year I woke up and said, "Today is my birthday." He replied, "I don't care." <cry> I still remember how much that hurt. It still does. This year Lowell doesn't have ready access to his money and he is over drawn anyway. Like so many other years, this will be another sh**ty birthday. <cry> Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday. No one else will. <I really am crying now.>

Holly - I have learned to not say what I think also. Just tonight, I tried to tell him that I felt he was being uncaring when he didn't pay attention the EMTs while they were taking care of me. He told me that he made it quite clear that he wanted nothing to do with the situation and he just wanted them to handle it. I didn't say that everytime he had the EMTs come over to help him (help which he did not at all need), I remained attentive. Now, I guess, I cannot tell him how I feel if it sounds as if I am accusing him of something. I love him but I do not like his attitude towards him. As angry as I get toward him and how much I may treat him not so nicely, I never tell him that his feelings or desires are not valid. What is wrong with me that he could treat me so badly? I hurt so much right now.

I had better go.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Mar 21 2014 9:49:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  10:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Marie, all your sisters here love you and wish you a happy birthday. We care. Not long ago you mentioned you had a sister you are close to. Maybe you could call her now and talk to someone who is in your corner. You are needing to feel validated and cared for. We all need to be nurtured. I know you have just been through a scary time. No time for L to be acting like a jerk.

GG
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  10:10:23 PM  Show Profile
You are right. Problem is, he is going to be around all weekend. He can't afford to go out for breakfast and guitar shopping because his account is over drawn. I have a plan though. I always have a plan.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  12:37:24 AM  Show Profile
Marie, I am so sorry to hear you had such a scare! You should be pampered until you feel back to normal. I understand what you mean that as your blood sugar goes lower it is difficult for you to understand it is happening. I hope you can find a solution that can help you maintain more even blood sugars with the help of your doctor. I am sorry that you cannot depend on L for help. He shuts down in these situations once he can hand the responsibility to someone/anyone else. I couldn't give a sh&^ less whether L has a dime to his name or not, he can make you feel special on your day. His childishness must be too much to take at times. I know you will find some peace and quiet this weekend and that you know how to treat yourself right. Perhaps a trip to the coffee house for some tea and knitting. You always find someone with similar interests to talk to while you are there. Bask in their interest in you. And the next time L is too busy to see to your well-being remember there are many folks in this world who feel differently.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  06:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Mar. Even my therapist, who only has met him once, has commented that he is childish. After he goes to the Post Office with me to pick up 5 boxes (a Farmgirl is sending me all her pony beads, oh my!) and grocery shopping, I am on my own. I can go to the donut shop (the place with the chocolate topped with bacon donuts) to read or craft. I might even take my laptop and talk to you gals.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  06:36:54 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Marie!!!!! Do take care of yourself!!!! Remember, we are here for you!!!!
Gotta work, more later,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  09:15:05 AM  Show Profile
Marie, make a happy birthday for yourself. Treat yourself to a nice day. It hurts to read how he treats you. It hurts even more that you stay in a relationship like that. I know it is hard to make it on your own so I totally understand.

I didn't get to sew yesterday. I put the house back together after bunco. I had to carry the chairs and car tables back downstairs to the basement. It takes a toll on me. Then I had to move all the living room furniture back into place.

I also had to do some damage control with my college classes. I signed up for the same class twice by accident at two difference schools. The numbers were one off. So of course my main school denied the financial aid payment and didn't bother to tell me. Thankfully I called and had to run up to the college here to fix my mistake. The lack of communication amazes me.

Today I do get to sew. No other plans!!

Until later.....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  09:51:34 AM  Show Profile
Marie, I hope you are having a bit of a get away at the local coffee shop.

Bunny, you sound very excited to hit the sewing room! I know what you mean about the moving of what isn't really a heavy item taking a toll of you. When you body is tender or compromised (mine, too) you have to be very careful. And it is a bit of work for anyone!

I think today I am going to get a bunch of cooking and salad making done so that I can not worry about it as the packing heats up. We are going to go into storage, so we will go ahead and start that process pretty soon.

Hope all the under the weather gals are feeling better.
mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  11:44:36 AM  Show Profile
Mar, I'm in an ADD storm with my sewing. I have so many ideas and only so many dress forms. I figured I need at least 4 different versions of my "made just for you" dresses. Then I have all these other things I want to make! I saw a jean skirt I loved. Most of it is hand embroidery so I just need to get the main skirt done and then I'll have something I can do watching TV. That is of course if I can keep the cats off my lap. I had three of them pile on me last night.

Good luck with the moving. Sounds like storage is a good idea.

Back to it.... later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  12:57:59 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I just got notice you received your package. Yea! I hope you like everything. It is mostly leftovers from my shop.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  3:42:13 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I haven't been to your shop in probably 4 maybe 5 weeks. It has been busy, please forgive me. But, I am blown away at your new items. I love them so much. the red rayon topped dress with tablecloth--Oh!! The sundresses are adorable and I also really am taken with both black and white checked elegant dresses. Just what I like. I hope they are sold by the time we settle down, because I have an "in" with the designer and I know I could ask her to make another. You are doing such really good work. I love your direction .
I don't look good in flowy tops so those checkered dress/tunics really are appealing to me!!
mar

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Mar 22 2014 3:44:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  4:15:06 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was overcast most of the day. The temperatures were in the twenties. It was very warm outside when I went to do the animal chores this afternoon.

The little boys and I papier mached some balloons to make the heads for some puppets. We are going to do Little Red Riding Hood. The project was too hard for them. Lucky for me C came home and helped finish up the first layer. When I thought about doing the heads I never thought they would have so much trouble and so little attention for it. We still need to put the facial features on. I hope it works all right. They liked doing it when we made bowls. The bowls require more attention to detail than the balloons. Oh, well we are past it now.

DdK and C are having tattoos today. DdK has had Suss Brim in fancy letters done on her behind. I am not sure what it means. She says it is just nice sounding words. At least it can be covered if it is something obscene. C is having a mobius strip put on her leg with the words life and love on it. DdK jut arrived home. Her bum is burning like a cat scratch does.

DsT has recovered from his boo boo belly.

Marie- Lowell must have some redeeming qualities besides he plays the guitar so well. Maybe he is so nervous when you are hurt that he can function. Do I give him to much benefit of the doubt?
Now, I thought that families passed the illnesses around and around. I read a piece in some newspaper that said this did not happen because immune systems were strong enough to repel the illness the second time around. But, it was a fun conversation starter was it not?

Mar does the moving company take your belongings and store them until you find a place?

Jan glad to hear from you. Families of origin can be so heartless. They are the ones that keep our hopes alive even if they hurt the most. I am sorry for you and Bob that they are so self centered even in times or great pain.

Bunny I am glad you have found your creativity again. You sound like you are having fun. Remember to advertise that even if the patterns are the same there are no two alike.

I hope M'lyn's weather is warming up and her pipes are thawing.

Janiee enjoy that venison.

How is the Etsy site going so far, Mel?

Ginny hugs to you.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  5:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Mar, thank you for the wonderful compliments. I did have fun sewing today. Too much fun. I'm a hurting dog right now.

I finished a funky sun dress made from men's shirts and then another simple top. I tried to do some cool sleeves for the second top, but it took too long to be reasonable at this point. It will be one of my custom samples so it needs to be a basic design. I did add some cool sleeves from another top though.

I just had a sale. Finally! I will never get tired of that wonderful cash register sound my phone makes when I get a sale. Makes my heart leap.

Holly, nice to hear your weather is warming up a bit. I love nice tattoos but could never justify the expense or the pain.

Major headache coming on.
Until later.....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  11:31:59 AM  Show Profile
When it rains it pours!!!! My DIL called me, we were 65 miles away having breakfast out of town. Now, shen lives in Texas and I have not heard from her in 12 years!!!!! It was about my son. He just retired a few months ago from 21 years in the Army. He overdosed on pain pills yesterday and is brain dead. They are keeping him on machines until tomorrow so they can find some matches for his organs. She said not to come, (have never been there)that they were just going to have a small ceremony with their friends and military and he will be buried there. That is my only grandson, and I have not seen him in 12 years, he was 8 then, now 20!!!! I am devastated and know I have to call my family. I think I will wait to do that until tomorrow. My son here knows about it, and we cannot get ahold of him right now. Did not tell my daughter yet, she lives here also. That is all of my kids. I will post more later when I can think better. Just wanted you to know in case you do not hear from me for awhile.

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts