Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2014 :  10:48:08 PM  Show Profile
GG Nah, he is just more afraid of you. Lol!

My rent isn't very much. Just 100.00 a month. She got an xboyfriend to send her $200.00 a month for a while.
I have enough right offs Anyway. With all the etsy fees, postage, and I have bought some much needed supplies. I just bought a plus size 18/20 mannekin. The wedding dress I'm doing is a size 20. The mannekin will be so much help in doing a better job. I did my bookkeeping and my profit is low enough paying taxes shouldn't be too painful. I'm actually glad I have a profit of some kind. My quilt shop was a loss every year.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2014 :  4:48:10 PM  Show Profile
You gals are full of good news today...

Rain for Holly.
Yarn for Marie.
Advice for Bunny.
Growth in the nether regions for B. Well, I guess that is g's good news...

You all make my day!

We did a bunch of running around today. I have to personally pick up the prescriptions for my meds. I have to show id. I have to sign papers that take about seven minutes to fill out and then take this to the pharmacy myself (it cannot be faxed or electronically processed). At the pharmacy, I get to show my id. Have them write everything down and then now... there is a 48 hour wait for certain medications because the "rules" have changed. It gets to be a bit of a process. But, at least I don't have to pay out of pocket for these meds. $$$

We have been enjoying Yellow Dog's visit. She likes being a country dog. Yesterday, she (we) lost her red ball. So everything stopped until we found it. Exactly where she kept leading us. Duh.

more later,
mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2014 :  4:55:14 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:11:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2014 :  5:26:44 PM  Show Profile
Short post, I am heading to bed. I worked my last day for my son today. I am still so tired, I can't seem to get enough rest to get energized. Son has been coming every night to get a load of stuff. A few more days and it will be all out of here.
Sounds like everyone has been busy lately. We have had rain every day for I don't know how long. And the wind. We lost our power the other night, it was real windy, and a big event tent that was set up for an October fest blew and hit the major power lines and knocked out power in most of the city. Some was restored in 1 1/2 hours, but ours did not go back on for 3 hours. I was glad it was not winter. It is getting cold now, won't be long before we have snow. I am praying we do not get any until we get out of here next week. We are freezing now, but we do not need the heat on yet. That is unusual for this time of year.
I hope to be able to keep you updated as we travel. We will have internet at our rv park once we are there. We would be lost without our computers. I don't have a smart phone, so we will rely on the laptop and tablet.
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2014 :  6:24:30 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:12:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2014 :  1:37:19 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:14:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2014 :  3:08:05 PM  Show Profile
Jan, I fully understand why you are tired. You worked so hard even before you started downsizing and outfitting your motor home. It will be so nice to drive out of the wind and rain and head for the sun.our hearts will be with you.it seems it has been a dream for so long...can it really be here? So very happy for the two of you.

G, the flowers sound gorgeous and I know exactly which butterflies you mean. They are so bright they look like the have a black light on them. Good to hear that b's travel plans meet our approval now. I always say, you can't beat sheer decibel level when "reasoning" with men sometimes. Now you can miss him and anxiously await his return.
Dh and I started The Good Wife last night. Good recommendation. Thank you. We are looking forward to having something that will keep us engaged to watch.

Dd and boyfriend return from Hawaii tomorrow night. It seems the hurricane dissipated enough to just give them some bad weather...and apparently the boyfriend a good case of diarrhea. Dd texts me about how excited she was to take advantage of the "hurricane specials" that were going on...half price tours, etc. She also tested that growing up with a mom whose mantra was "deal with it" might have left her better prepared for some of life's twists. Poor thing. Appreciate her putting a positive spin on things...
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2014 :  6:50:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Last night C and I went to a long time friend's house for dinner. I was going to type and old friend's house but he might not have appreciated being labeled as old. Anyway he likes to cook and I like to eat. He and C and the other friend that was there are all dealing with sugar issues either borderline or trying to hold off the onset of diabetes. So, while he made these luscious little tarts probably with stevia I got to eat the leftovers. they were all jealous.

Today it rained most of the day. Sometimes it poured. The sound is soothing.

Yesterday some of the pigs were excited to be digging in the dirt with their snouts. The ground finally has some moisture in it so rooting for them is now possible. It seems pigs can not or will not root in dry soil. Remember I tied tires all around the outside of the fence for the pigs so they could not lift up the fence and trot out? DdK was going for one of her walks and sees that two of the pigs are trying to tunnel out of the pen. I found a tire with a rim that probably weighed 40 pounds nad is as tall as my waist and tied it on. Only one more week until the Hit Man comes and I do not need to worry anymore for this year on their escaping.

I hope the hurricanes are cooperating for you, Jan when you hit the south. Since you will be a bit inland maybe they will not bother you. I guess if you are given notice you could just put the RV in gear and drive a bit north to get out of its path. Then return and the air will be fresh and clean. I hope you are able to rest and appreciate not having to do something to keep busy. Has your ds found someone to work for him in your place. He is sure going to miss your competence and reliability.

Mar I hope once the pharmacist gets to know you in your area that the tediousness of getting your meds subsides.

G I hope that when you see your mom the situation is not heartbreaking.

Bunny hope you get more sales. Maybe the larger size market is your niche. I know some women around here who are truly petite and they wear children's clothes. Maybe that would be a market as well. Adult clothes for small women.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  2:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Two of the children and I went and picked apples today. It was cold and just finished raining. While we were there it snowed a bit. Just enough to be exciting not enough to see anywhere but in the air. We picked up 15 bushels of drops. Now for marathon applesauce, apple cider and dried apples making. A finite project to help get us through the winter.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying their day.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  3:02:56 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I can just picture the apple collecting. So much a fall activity. I bet your kids have no idea of the interesting and valuable life they lead.

I have a new pet sitting customer. She has a dog and cat. They are so sweet! Her house is heavenly. Not so much the looks of it, but the feel of it. It is just a simple house right on the Columbia River. She told me I can stay there anytime I want. Of course I have way to much work to do. But I did make myself a cup of tea and sat with one of her books. I wanted to keep the pets company for a while so they don't feel abandoned. Such a peaceful place, I could have stayed all day.

Got all my clothes boxed up for San Francisco. Kinda scary about the shipping. UPS was $36.00, Fed X was $34.00...USPS..... $10.00. I sure hope I'm not going to get in trouble. I weighed the box and added a pound just in case. I saved $6.00 by purchasing the shipping label online. The postman will pick it up off my porch tomorrow. Such a deal. I just hope it doesn't backfire on me.

I have two outfits done and working on a third. Getting tired though.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  4:41:07 PM  Show Profile
It is so cold here and raining again. We saw a 1/2 day of sun today, then it clouded up and more rain. It got down to 23 degrees this morning. Lots of frost on the pumkin. We took my son and daughter out for dinner tonight. We all came home stuffed.
We will be leaving here on Saturday. It is our 28th wedding anniversary, so we will always remember when we left the cold. My kids are sad, but happy for us at the same time. My daughter already has plans to see us in January. We shall see.
I will not have internet here after Tuesday when we return the boxes to the cable company, so don't know when you will hear from me. I am going to try to keep you all informed with our ventures on the way as much as I can. I am sure we will be stopping at Walmarts here and there.
I will post more tomorrw, Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  5:55:44 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:16:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  7:06:47 PM  Show Profile
Jan - I opened the box yesterday. Wow! I love everything. I love all the knitting needles and crochet hooks. I can certainly use those. I rarely receive tools when I ask for donations. I love cotton yarn. Thank you for all the granny squares. I now have a whole box of them. I can certainly use everything.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  8:29:55 PM  Show Profile
Jan--how exciting yet sad for your kids that you'll soon be off on an adventure.And life is all a series of adventures. My aunt and uncle used to have an RV and would go to Texas for the winter. They stayed at an RV camp and went to Mexico on occasion.
Holly--I think it would be neat to be able to make my own apple cider. People have told me I make good apple pies (think I got the recipe from an Oprah magazine) and I love apple streusal and apple crisp. I got some frozen organic pork steaks from pigs who were pasture raised. There is even a video of the pigs on the farm wallowing in the mud--one pig's little corkscrew tail is wagging with delight as he takes a mud bath. That's how pigs were meant to live--I toured one of those factory pig farms once and it was horrible. I had a dream about hell that night and it was one of those pig factories.
Bunny--glad you have a new pet sitting customer. And I think the store in San Francisco will work out fine. I like to look at some fashion blogs and there is a real market for offbeat clothes. Plus your clothes will appeal to those who are into "green" fashion, since they're upcycled.
I had an easy-going week-end and got some cooking done.The weather has been great and I think one more mowing of my yard will be it until spring. I'm trying to eat more local but it's hard finding locally grown food. The grocery stores have some but not a lot. And some things--like Olive Oil--can't be grown locally. I've dried some of the sage from my herb garden and hung up the rest today to dry. I've been reading about root cellars and got to thinking about my basement--about three fourths of the way up a wall, there is a door that opens to a very shallow crawl space under the garage. The floor is a mixture of sand and dirt. I'm wondering if it would make a good root cellar. It stays cold and relatively dry all winter. Since it's at shoulder level it's easy to get to.
I got a better than I thought I would evaluation at work. Everyone else was told that they were negative and needed to work together as a team. But since I work mostly be myself, I just do my job the best I can and try to get along with others. I was told I need to smile more. I used to smile more, but honestly, I'm fighting a battle with depression every day of my life and sometimes it's difficult to smile. I wish I could be one of those happy, positive, inspirational people but it's hard to be that way working in a hospital. I cried the other day when I saw an undertaker come in carrying a baby casket. And now the government is requiring all hospitals to have protective gear in case of Ebola. The gear has to be non-permeable and we've never had to order it before and the places that sell it are going to be inundated with demands for it--so we don't know when we'll be able to get it. Plus all paramedics will probably have to order it, too. Healthcare can be complicated. such is the world we live in.
I hope everyone had a good week-end and the coming week will be prosperous and happy.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  8:49:42 PM  Show Profile
GG, glad B is doing better regarding family. Sounds like he is trying.
Are you worried about the SFO store? I am cautious and hoping my friend can keep an eye out for me. I'm hoping for the best. I have always taken chances. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. If I lose, it won't be anywhere near what I have lost in the past. I think I may send some friends into the store so she knows I have a presence in the area.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  9:29:29 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:17:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  9:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh GG.......you are hilarious some days..........we often need someone to boss us around!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  10:04:59 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:18:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  06:52:01 AM  Show Profile
That's a good one! Love it.

I love that we all give advice back and forth. Bunny, you are risking as you should. It is like any gamble, don't bet more than you can afford to lose. I think showing a presence in the area through your friends is a great idea.

Cindy, when I was young a cousin of mine (8 mos. old) passed away. I remember being struck dumb by the size of the casket. I had been to a funeral before, but it had never occurred to me that caskets would be made so small...very sad. Congratulations on your good review. G's advice is great. I have read that people can "hear" your smile over a phone. Good luck, hon. One day at a time. I think your potential root cellar sounds like a winner.

Marie, it sounds like Jan sent you a treasure trove. Those kids are gonna be knitting and crocheting up a storm. Great!

Jan, SO excited for you. It will be great to leave during nasty, nasty weather won't it?

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  07:44:01 AM  Show Profile
GG, yes, everyone is on consignment and we do have a contract. It of course favors her more than me but when It arrived it did not have the consignment percentage terms we agreed upon. I made her change the contract to show our agreed upon terms. part of the contract was that she is required to showcase my items in the window a certain amount of times a year. She needed a decent amount of items to do that. 12 items seemed a good amount. Plus, whatever doesn't sell within two months is returned.

Jan, I'm so excited for you and your new adventure! It's almost time!

Cindy, I have a hard time smiling at people too. I just look at people and find one nice thing about them. Even if it is just that I like the color of their shirt. It helps me smile at them.

I have my doctor appointment with my new doctor today. Everyone I have talked to really likes her.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  08:37:54 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:19:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  1:16:55 PM  Show Profile
When I was working, I had the goal to smile at and compliment three people on my walk to work. I did the same going home also.

One of the guys in my wellness group said his mom had a magnet on her refrigerator that said "No man was ever shot while doing dishes." Thought you'd all like that.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  3:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, glad you got a new pet sitting customer. Sounds like that will work out well for you.
GG, we need advice to keep us in line at times.
Mar, yes, it is a good time to leave here, just before the bitter weather hits. My bones are hurting now from the cold air.
Marie, I am so glad you can use all the things I sent you. I know there were alot of knitting needles in there, but I have as many myself yet.

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  4:06:38 PM  Show Profile
My post just took off and posted by itself. Spooky.
I have most of the RV organized and ready to go, just need to put in the rest of our clothes, and food. We went grocery shopping and got things for the road, now just to get some baking done, I want to use up my flour, sugar, etc. that I have here, the canisters are too big to take with, need to buy in smaller packages now. Tomorrow is getting cable and internet shutoff, electric and gas transfered, car insurance off car and towing package put on motorhome, etc. etc. etc. Then off to the laundromat tomorrow night. Our car will be picked up on Wednesday after my sister and I go out for breakfast for the last time after going out weekly for 23 years.
So far, my brother came over to wish us good luck and to say goodbye. Nobody else has, nor has Bob's family. Bob says they are all jealous, which is probably true. Nobody really thought we would go through with our plans.
I am on my tablet and it is hard to type. Will post before I shut off the internet tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page